Kiss And Tell

Young Master

"I...I..." Kyungsoo averted Kai's strong gaze.

"Look! You can see the fireworks clearly from here!" A voice in the distance yelled, causing Kai and Kyungsoo to jump and pull away from each other.

"Oh, isn't that Kai and Kyungsoo over there?" Kris squinted his eyes.

"Hey! It is!" Chanyeol stood on his tippy toes and pointed at the two figures sitting in the sand.

"Kai! Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun jumped around waving his arms in the air over his head.

"I'm going to kill these babos later..." Kai clenched his fists and sighed in annoyance.

"How mean, keeping this place a secret from us." Luhan pouted and poked Kai.

"Huh? Where are you going?" Xiumin asked as Kai abruptly stood up from his spot.

"Somewhere else where I can be alone." Kai huffed.

"You're going to miss out on the fireworks though!"

"I don't care!" Kai grumbled back.

"Your loss then!" Xiumin shouted.

Kyungsoo sat still in his spot and watched as Kai hunched his back and stuffed his hands in his pockets. He likes me... Kyungsoo thought as he ran his fingers over his lips, still able to feel the warmth that lingered on them.

 

 



"Kai!" Kai snapped his neck to see who was calling his name.

"Yuni..." Kai stared at the girl who stood in front of him trying to catch we breath.

"I thought it was you! I'm so glad I could catch up to you! I haven't seen you in forever!" Yuni squealed in delight.

"Yeah... It sure has been a long time..." Kai said.

"I've missed you so much, have you been missing me?" Yuni batted her eyelashes and nudged Kai with her shoulder as they stood side by side together.

"Why wouldn't I miss you?" Kai said and faked a smile. His big moment with Kyungsoo had already been rudely interrupted and Yuni's clinginess wasn't helping with Kai's mood. "Listen, Yuni, I'd like to be alone right now if you don't mind."

"Oh sure! But you know, when you're sad, you should never be alone... So why don't I keep you company?" Yuni smiled and played with the rings on her fingers.

"I..." Before Kai could argue Yuni linked arms with him and looked at him with large puppy eyes.

"I... Don't care. Do whatever you want." Kai sighed and continue walking.

"Great! We have so much catching up to do!"


 

 

Kyungsoo bit on his lower lip as the others were absorbed in watching the fireworks. He was too distracted thinking about Kai to enjoy the fireworks with the others.

"Where are you going?" Chanyeol asked when he caught Kyungsoo get up from the corners of his eyes.

"I'm going to go find Kai." Kyungsoo answered.

"Just leave him be, you'll miss the fireworks."

"It's ok. I'll be right back." Kyungsoo waved good bye and walked towards the food stands.

 



"So how have you been?" Yuni asked and folded her hands before resting her chin on them. They were seated at a tiny beach table, eating some Korean BBQ that Yuni insisted on sharing.

"I've been better." Kai muttered as he violently ripped off some meat from the bone he held in his hand.

"What university do you go to? It's been so hard to keep in touch with you lately." Yuni said as she tried to keep the conversation alive.

"University of Seoul."

"Oh you must be so smart to get in there!" Yuni's eyes seem to shine with admiration for Kai.

"Not really." Kai muttered inbetween bites.

"Um..." Yuni looked around dishearten with Kai's short answers.

"I really did miss you, Kai..." Yuni spoke softly and placed her hands over Kai's on the table. "Didn't you miss me? Even a little?"

"Hmm..." Kai looked away from Yuni uninterested.

"I wonder where Kai ran off to..." Kyungsoo zipped up his jacket and blew warm air into his hands. "Hm? Isn't that Kai? And someone else..." Kyungsoo crouched down at the corner behind a tower of boxes and continued to watch Kai and the girl seated with him. Kyungsoo couldn't hear what they were talking about but had no difficulty with the view.

"Please don't be like that... It makes me really sad..." Yuni pouted. "Hey, why don't you cheer me up? You wouldn't want to leave a little lady sad, would you?" Yuni leaned in over the table and cupped Kai's face in her hands. "You know what would make me happy, don't you?" Before Kai could mutter another word, Yuni gently pushed her lips against Kai's lips.

"They kissed?!" Kyungsoo shouted in a whisper. His heart sunk and his shoulder felt heavy. "They kissed..." Kyungsoo lifted himself and trudged home with a heavy heart.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Kai pushed Yuni off of him and stood up abruptly from his seat, earning stares from the strangers around him.

"What? It's just a kiss. Don't act like it's something new. I mean, we used to kiss all the time. Kiss and so much more..." Yuni giggled but immediately stopped when Kai's fist hit the surface of the table causing to shake.

"We're done Yuni. We were done a long time ago." Kai said sternly and left Yuni alone baffled at what had just happened.

 

 



"Kai! You're finally back, where's Kyungsoo?"

"Huh? What are you talking about? I thought he was watching the fireworks with you guys..."

Chanyeol shook his head. "He said he was going to look for you and never came back. I guess he went home. He did have a tough day today with the water." Chanyeol shrugged.

"He went home already? Without me? Aish... Can this day get any worse?" Kai sighed. First Yuni's crazy kiss and now this...

 

 



"Kyungsoo! Why did you leave the beach so suddenly? The others said that you had gone home when I came back." Kai said when he had finally reached home and saw Kyungsoo standing in the living room almost in tears.

"Do you really like me?" Kyungsoo asked, almost in an unaudible whisper.

"What? Of course I do-" Kai was taken back by the sudden question. He spoke but was soon cut off by Kyungsoo.

"Don't lie! Then why... Why were you with her? Why did you kiss her?"

Kai's eyebrows furrowed, confused by who "her" was. Until it finally hit him that "her" was Yuni.

"Why did you kiss... Me?"

"Kyungsoo-"

"I-I'm not something you can have for fun. I'm not something you can just buy with your Appa's money..." Kyungsoo said, tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"No it's not like tha-"

"Save it. I'm not your plaything." Kyungsoo wiped his tears with the back of his hands.

"Listen to someone when they're speaking!" Kai grabbed onto Kyungsoo's wrists and pinned him to the wall with his hands by the sides of his face.

"I told you that I like you, didnt I?" Kai spoke in a serious tone, his grip growing stronger. His stare boring into Kyungsoo with intensity. "I say what I mean and I mean what I say."

"I like you." Kai repeated his confession with red flushed cheeks and serious eyes. "I love you."

 

 

Author's Note: Please don't kill me (/.\) *runs and hides* I swear I'll do better next time ;-;