Reunited(and it feels so good)

Young Master

The sun shined through the small window peeking through the blinds just like any other day. Except it didn't feel like any other day. Something was wrong. Hyori got up from bed and grabbed her walking stick on the night stand beside her. She shuffled to the edge of the bed and carefully swung her legs off. She walked towards the bed that Kyungsoo occupied. She reached her hand towards the mattress but felt only the covers and the sheets. Where was Kyungsoo? Hyori tapped her stick against the floor making her way to the kitchen until her stick tapped against something big. A groan came from below. 
"Oppa?" She crouched down carefully, her hands making contact with her older brother. Her hands made their way to his forehead. He was burning up! "Oppa!" Hyori shrieked. "Are you okay? What's wrong?" Hyori panicked, she hadn't been this afraid since the accident. She shook his body with her tiny hands. They trembled as she realized he wasn't getting up any time soon. She fumbled around for Kyungsoo's cell phone. Her hands shook as she tried to breathe and tried to remember where the buttons were for emergencies. Fortunately she was able to get ahold of someone and was told that an ambulance would arrive soon.

The smell of disinfects crawled under Kyungsoo's skin. It was the smell every hospital had. It was the smell that reminded him of the accident and the last time he had seen his mother before she passed away. He slowly opened his eyes. His body felt tired and heavy. The bright hospital lights greeted him and he hated it.
"What am I doing here?" His mouth felt like it was full of rocks and grovel. His voice came out in a harsh whisper, his throat dry and scratched.
"You're awake!" A deep voice surprised Kyungsoo. He turned his head slightly wincing from the pain and widened his eyes from what he saw. From who he saw. 
Kai.
"Thank god. I was so afraid that you wouldn't wake up. When Hyori called me-"
"What? What are you doing here? Why am I here in the first place?"
"Hyori found you collapsed on the floor and called the hospital. She called me right after and I rushed here as soon as I could. I-I was so scared. To face you and scared that something serious had happened to you." Kai hesitated to put his hand on Kyungsoos and pulled back in shame when he saw fear and sadness in his eyes.
"Where is Hyori? Kyungsoo refused to make eye contact with Kai. It was too soon to face him.
"She's sleeping on the couch." Kai nodded towards the small couch next to the hospital bed. "She was awake all night by your side until I finally convinced her to get some sleep."
Kyungsoo turned to look at his sister and turned back to Kai. He looked older. His once sun kissed skin looked paler and there were now dark bags under his eyes. His hair was a mess and he looked like he hadn't slept in days.
Tears filled Kai's eyes as he looked at the IV in Kyungsoo's arm. "I'm sorry," he whispered, so quiet that Kyungsoo almost didn't hear. "I never meant for it to get so far. I never planned to marry whatshername. I've only ever loved you." His hands trembled and his throat felt dry. Kyungsoo didn't say anything. He his lips and pushed himself to continue. "I was going to humiliate my mother but when she threatened to hurt you I panicked. I was so enraged and scared that she would do something to you that I ended up hurting you myself." He lifted his head up and looked into Kyungsoo's eyes. Both men had tears in their eyes, Kai's already running down his cheeks. "And I hate myself for it. I don't blame you for running away." He lifted his hand to catch a tear that had escaped Kyungsoo's eye. Grateful that Kyungsoo didn't flinch away when he did. "I knew the moment I hurt you I should have apologized and stopped with this stupid plan," he took a deep breath. "But I wanted to hurt her, destroy her. Make sure that she couldn't use you against me. Stupid, huh? God talk about mommy issues." He ran a hand through his messy hair. It felt gross and greasy. 
"I'm sorry. After you left it felt like my whole world broke. Everything felt wrong and dark. I looked everywhere for you but no one would tell me and I felt like I was going insane without you. I'm so sorry." Kai felt like the biggest jerk in the world. How stupid he had been to let revenge and insecurities get to him and get in the way of love.

Kyungsoo took in all of Kai. From his messy hair to his wrinkled clothes. He had never seen the man before him like this ever. He usually had y bed hair and clean, unwrinkled, designer clothing on. But now he was just a big old mess. The thought made Kyungsoo smile inside. Kai looked like he went through hell and back just like Kyungsoo had.
"I know you won't forgive me so easily and that's okay. I wouldn't either if I were you but I love you and I won't let anything stand in the way anymore. I'll do anything you want, I swear. I-"
"It's okay," Kyungsoo got up slowly and pressed his lips on Kai's. A kind way of telling him to shut up. "I still love you. I might be idiot for doing so but I do. I still love you." 
Now the tears were falling like a waterfall from Kai's eyes. "I love you." The words came out like gibberish from all the tears and snot but the words came across clearly.
"I love you, too you crybaby." Kyungsoo laughed and kissed Kai. 

 

Don't worry, this isn't the final chapter although it probably sounds like it would be. I didn't expect to release another chapter so soon but I'm proud I did. Not really sure where the story is gonna go from here but we'll see.