Denial

Young Master

"So you say you feel your face get hot and that your face has gotten red lately?"

"Yes." Kai answered the nurse as he sat on the stool in the infirmary. He looked around the clinic walls and rubbed his arm.

"Well, it doesn't seem like you have a fever..." the nurse said as she placed her cool hand against Kai's forehead. "And your face doesn't seem too flushed..."

"I've also been having some chest pains lately too. Are you sure there's nothing wrong with me?"

"Chest pains...?" the nurse stared at Kai and laughed. "Mr. Kim, I think I know what your problem is."

"You do?" Kai's expression brightened up.

"You're in love."

"Love? WIth who?"

"Your heart will tell you soon."

"Wha-"

"Now go back to class, Mr.Kim. I can't have you crowding my clinic." the nurse pushed Kai out the door just before Kai could ask anymore questions.

"Stupid nurse... So unhelpful. There's no possible way I'm in love. Just who would I be in love with anyways?" Kai grumbled and kicked a stone as he walked across campus.

"Young master Kai!" Kyungsoo shouted.

Kai snapped his neck in Kyungsoo's direction and felt his heart skip a beat. He felt his cheeks redden as his name escaped Kyungsoo's lips. "W-What?" he tried to sound natural.

"Let's go to class together." Kyungsoo said when he had caught up with Kai.

"S-Sure!" Kai said too quickly and earned a chuckle from Kyungsoo. Kai's face turned an even darker shade of red and turned away in embarrassment.

"Come on, babo." Kyungsoo grabbed Kai's hand and led the way to their next classroom.

 

 

"Mr.Kim... Mr.Kim!" the professor continued to call Kai's name.

"W-WHAT?!" Kai shouted and stood up, skidding his seat making a loud screech. Everyones stare was now on Kai who slumped back into his seat.

"Please pay attention in class and answer this problem."

"Damn..." Kai hissed under his breath and slowly walked to the front of the class and faced the board. "What the hell? Who adds the alphabet to math?" Kai hesitantly picked up the chalk and held it up to the board. "Um..."

"X=3" Kyungsoo whispered softly so the teacher couldn't hear.

"X=3!" Kai said as he wrote the answer on the board.

"Correct, you may now sit down, Mr.Kim."

Kai smirked in triumph at the professor and swiftly walked back to his seat. Kyungsoo laughed at Kai's childish behavior. Kyungsoo's melodic laugh rang in Kai's ears. Kai's cocky smirk turned into a gentle smile as he stole glances of Kyungsoo throughout the rest of class.

 

 

 

"You're in love." Kris stated, eyeing Kai.

"W-What?!" Kai choked on his water as Suho patted his back.

"You're in love." Kris repeated and crossed his arms, leaning back into the chair.

It was only 10PM when Kyungsoo left to go home and the other 11 boys decided to sleep over at Kai's again.

"Hyung is in love? With who?" Sehun asked with a shocked expression.

"Lies, our playboy here can't be in love. It's impossible." Chanyeol shook his head as he placed his hand on Kris's shoulder.

"It's like saying Xiumin Hyung hates food." Tao added. The others nodded in agreement.

"But you sure have been acting strangely though..." Kris said, watching Kai's every move. "I heard you shooed away a bunch of girls? And without even making a move on them?"

Kai gulped, his body stiffened and his eyes widened.

"WHAT?!" the others shouted and stared at Kai.

"You sent away a bunch of girls?! And didn't hit on them?!" Chanyeol shook Kai's shoulders,his deep voice boomed in Kai's ears.

"Man, you've lost it, Hyung." Sehun said.

"Maybe you really have fallen in love." Suho placed his hand on Kai's shoulder.

"No I'm not! I'm not in love!" Kai denied and jumped up from his seat, sending his friends to step back. Am I?