Bazaar Charity Night

Secret: Between The Two Idols
Hyerin invited Jess to her house over the weekend to help her with the video.
 
“So today I want edit a video, it might take a a whole day. Do you have any planned for tonight?” Hyerin lets Jessica sit on her bar stool in her kitchen.
 
 
“No. but tomorrow I got a plan to watch movie.”
 
“Okay then.. it’ll be easy, it wont take long, we just need to cut a few scenes from my previous videos, but that will made the timing a bit off for the audio so.. just open the project first.”
 
“Which one?” Jessica opens the folder on Hyerin’s old laptop that now in being operated by her.
 
“The Seoul trip one.”
 
“The Seoul trips that you already posted on YouTube?”
 
“Yes. Both part. Take them down. And edit them. Then post them again.”
 
“What?? Why??? Why these videos??”
 
Hyerin scrunches her eyebrows. “I just need to edit a few things.”
 
Actually, Hyerin noticed unusual traffic in her YouTube channel. There’s a significant amount of views that came from a forum, and that forum is talking about you and siwon. For your sake, Hyerin is about to edit you out of her videos.
 
“But why?? The views are already that much. If we upload a whole new video then it will starting from zero again..”
 
“Then so be it.” She still scrunches her eyebrows, as a reaction to her. “Just open it.”
 
“But it also already got thousand of comments. And if we started the view from zero again, you won’t get much money from it?” Jessica gets panic. Because if the videos got changed, then the link won’t be available anymore, that means she has to edited the thread after the new videos already done.
 
“I will pay you the exact amount of money as last month, whether I got much money from the videos or not.” She found it weird for her to be as opinionated as this. She usually just did whatever she told to.
 
As the time goes by and Jessica realized that Hyerin totally cut you out of the video, she got more frustrated.
 
“Hyerin.. “Jessica’s meekly calling Hyerin who’s doing something in the kitchen’s table. “Aren’t there a substantial amount of comments regarding your girlfriend that live in Korea?”
 
“I know.”
 
“So why cut her out?”
 
“That exactly the reason why I cut her out.” Hyerin is answering her without even looking at her, while works in her own laptop on the top of her kitchen table.
 
“What??”
 
“It’s my video, why people talk about her.. trashing on my comment page.”
 
“But.. but..”
 
“Why?” Hyerin peaks through her eyelashes to see her reaction. She knew Jessica is so into K-pop. There are gossip about Siwon that linked to her YouTube videos. And now Jessica apparently hesitates to take the videos down.. there must be something’s wrong.
 
“Uh nothing!” A bit too fast to be innocent.
 
Is she the one who share those links? Hyerin looks away from her again. Is Nara aware of the threads? And Siwon oppa too?
 
“Okay then.. Just finish the video editing.” Hyerin then looks up into her every posts on her social medias and analyzes every comment on it. She delete posts that got too many comment about you and Siwon, from the dance video practice until just a post of you and Hyerin in SS5. She left the official picture of her, you, Siwon, and the dance teacher, to make it not too obvious she’s trying to clean your trail in her social media’s.
 
“Anyway.. do you know Siwon?”
 
“Of course..”
 
“I thought you stan.. I don’t know.. more younger idols.” Hyerin digs into Jessica’s mind.
 
“I do.” They’re like so old to be stand to. “But well they’re famous enough so I know him. He appeared in a few drama didn’t he?”
 
Hyerin grinds her teeth. Famous enough??? Those guys are the one who paved the road for you guys to been able to know ‘nowadays idol’! As a fan, Hyerin feels belittled. “Yeah..”
 
“So how did you met him? Is your friend his friend too?” Jessica is also trying to dig as much as she can get from Hyerin. This information could worth a fortune.
 
“My friend?”
 
“The one that you’ve been trying to deleted from your video. She’s your close friend right when she’s here?” Hyerin just nods. “So she went to the same college as you?” Hyerin shakes her head. “And now she’s working in Seoul?” Hyerin nods again. “So how did she met Siwon?”
 
“We just randomly met him.” Hyerin knows that her attack has been backfired. That girl is the one that supposed to be questioned not me!
 
“That’s it? You guys met him at the gym and he’s dating with her?”
 
There’re like three seconds of silent moment. When Hyerin moves her eyeballs to Jessica’s direction.
 
Gotcha! You knew it. I never mentioned that they’re dating. And there not a single footage of their private life in my videos beside the gym dance pracfice.
 
Jessica slowly looking down.
 
Fvxk! What if she found out that I hacked into her account and found out that they’re dating??
 
She contacts her friend to launch their plan B immediately.
 
 
 
•••
 
 
 
In the midst of Siwon’s busy schedule, he asked you to eat together with him today. And because of the place that he already booked is near your gym, you decided to go to your gym just to take a shower and redo your hair, while cut off your membership. You haven’t visit your gym for months because some of Siwon’s fans are sometime attending the dance class that you and Siwon came to.
 
It’s not as crowded as it was the last time you went there. Although you walk in with scarf wrapped around your neck up until your nose, and running around fully clothed in the shower room, there’re no teenager roaming around like last time. You still wondering about that when you have to emptying your reserved locker accompanied by the gym staff.
 
The reserved locker should be contained with your shoes, back up work out outfits for the times when you come into the gym unprepared. You rarely open your reserved locker because you always bring your shoes and clothes. The last time you open the your reserved locker was months ago.
 
And now.
 
As soon as you open the locker door, it filled with letters, some of it fall over because it’s too full.
 
“Oh my god! What are those?” You ask the staff that accompanying you.
 
“Aren’t those yours?”
 
“No.”
 
“Did someone slip it through the gap here?” The staff helps you picking up the letters.
 
You look at the one of the letters, with your name on it. And randomly pick one to read.
 
‘Unnie.. I’m so glad that I could finally met you in person! I couldn’t give you the gift because I can only slip a paper inside your locker. But fighting for your relationship with Siwon oppa.. I wish you all happiness in the world.
 
Even in the sauna you look so pretty..’
 
Your legs loose their strength. Sauna.. those foreign teenage girls.. the moment when I was .
 
Another letter.
 
‘Unnie, your pictures don’t do justice. You look so beautiful in real life even without make up and expensive clothes on.”
 
How could they know which one is my reserve locker? I don't even touch this locker the last time I went here.
 
 
 
With dejected face you stand in front of the hotel lobby that the gym located while waiting for a cab.
 
My pictures..? From.. where? SS5 hongkong?
 
You slowly open the safari in your phone and start googling your own romanized name in the search box. You’ve done this before, a long time ago, so you know that the first page usually filled with your university’s student data, your final paper, your LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram account link, and pretty much nothing else. But now, whether the location is different or something’s going on with the searching engine. Right below that, there’s a few forums with Siwon’s name on the title, and your name mentioned on the body text.
 
A few seconds you’ve spent in that forum filled you with dread. There’s a picture of you, Hyerin, the dance teacher and Siwon, also another picture of you, all the Suju member and George on their Super Show. If the picture enough to gave you a shock, the words might give you heart attack. They talked about you like you’re not a person. Yes, there’re some comments that sincerely compliment you. But the rests are.. filled with curse words, body shaming. How girls can talk about other girl like that.. you deflated.
 
 
 
With fresh appearance still in office attire and styled up hair, you walk into the restaurant that Siwon’s booked. Barely carrying a big bag contained things inside your reserved locker, with all the letters too, you follow the usher that leads you too a private room. It’s an exclusive Japanese dining restaurant with private rooms all over.
 
“Oppa.. isn’t it too big?” You ask siwon as soon you walk into the private room that he already reserved.
 
Siwon smiles as soon as he saw you. “Come
Here..” he pats a tatami cushion beside him. “I’m sorry I can’t picked you up from your office. I came directly from the rehearsal.” He’s looking at your big bag and helping you to put it on the corner. “What’s that?”
 
“My belongings from the gym. Oppa I need to tell you something...” His fans at the gym were really a big deal. You need to tell him.
 
“Wait. Nara ya.. if I have to drink tonight, can you drive the car to your apartment instead? I’ll take a cab from there. I brought my car, but I need to be home early morning. It’s the two seater, I can’t call the designated driver.”
 
“Mm.. okay..” you found it strange. He can drink or not drink whenever he wants to, why he said that?
 
“What are you going to say, earlier..”
 
You look at your bag. “Uhh.. you know when you came to my gym and took the dance class with Hyerin too. She took a picture with us and uploaded it.. so... your fans.. you know..”
 
“I know. My fans figured it out where’s the dance class, right?”
 
“Uhh.. Yeah. How do you know?”
 
“Hyerin told me. Why you never told me this?”
 
“Because.. as soon as I know that from the dance teacher. I never.. Wait but.. I just got reminded a few hours ago that..” you remember the group of his fans that you met at your office.
 
“What? Are they still coming? You met them today?”
 
“No. I mean.. a few months ago.” He knew?? He knew???
 
“Oh.. I thought they’re still coming. Because I heard from the dance instructor, she already rent a place and continue to give a dance lesson there.” Siwon reads your confused face. “She couldn’t found you at the gym, so she contacted my instagram to tell me that she’s thankful that we created that class and uploaded it.”
 
You open your mouth to say something but close it again. That’s too much information to digest. “Isn’t that a bit concerning, oppa. Your fans knows that.. are we going to be just fine?”
 
“Why wouldn’t we?”
 
“Even if the fans figure us out?”
 
“Of course no.. not yet.. Hyerin already delete the picture. And recently she had to edited her video because there’re a lot of comments about me and she worried about us.. so she’ll upload an edited version.”
 
“Ahh.. really?” You’re looking at him doubtfully. “So you’re still exchanging message with Hyerin?”
 
Siwon nod and looking at you, clearly worried.
 
“Because I’m not.” You don’t want to hide things from Siwon, again. “We had a huge argument few months ago, and she just ran away from my house then flew to L.A. the next day. We never contacted each other ever since .”
 
Siwon sighs, “I actually have been wondering about this. You never talk about her, she never talk about you too.. Do you want me not to contacting her anymore?” He pats your hair, lovingly.
 
“No.. it’s okay..” You smile to his consideration. “You can befriended with anyone you want..”
 
“Okay.. just tell me anything if something bothering you..” and you love the smile he gives just now. You really wanted to tell him anything about his fans, but they’re not bothering you anymore, well not directly, so you don’t want to bring it up right now. The last time you ever met Siwon’s fans was when they’ve waiting for you in front of your office a few months ago, nothing really happen after that. "Anyway, I don't think i can squeeze my schedule to go to New York with you.. I'm in the middle of checking my schedules when I figured out I got invited to the charity that your parents used to attend. Will you be okay go to US by yourself?"
 
"Of course.. My ex is there.." You .
 
"Ya!!" Siwon almost gives you a headlock. “If someone updated photos of you with your ex.. I’ll be there in an instant.”
 
You laugh. “Then you should be there in the first place.”
 
“I can’t..” Siwon acts devastated. “We still can hang out at the charity event together.”
 
Aah..! “But oppa.. about the charity event..”
 
The restaurant staff slides the private room door, and your parents come into the room.
 
“Mom? Dad?” You’re confusedly looking at them then at Siwon then back at them again. “What..”
 
“Welcome..” Siwon stands up and politely bow to them. “I’ve been wanting to take you out for dinner since a long time ago.. I’m sorry I just had the chance right now.”
 
“Whaaat?” You’re whispering to him. “Why didn’t you tell me you invited them?”
 
Siwon just smile, then facing your father instead.
 
“No it’s okay.” Your dad patted Siwon’s back before he sits down in front of you and Siwon.
 
Although you hate siwon for gave you such a surprise like this, but you couldn’t really hold your smile the whole time Siwon talks extra polite to your parents. You know this isn’t a proposal, or formally getting to know about the parents before marriage, but the fact that he invited your parents to dinner and formally introduced himself as your boyfriend really got you in cloud seven.
 
And you know why Siwon prepared himself for a drink. Because when your father offers him a drink, he couldn’t refuse out of courtesy.
 
“.. I didn’t know that my Nara have a family birthday lunch with mother and father two days after her birthday. If I know I would..”
 
My Nara..🤤
 
“You were busy oppa.. you had a live music program that day.”
 
He grabs your fingers and just holds it. “Well I can squeeze time, if it was just for lunch.”
 
Your mom put a piece of deboned grilled fish upon Siwon’s spoon that filled with rice. Siwon is taken aback by your mom’s gesture and just looking at his spoon for a couple of seconds without saying a word.
 
“Eat a lot.. Both of you look too skinny these times.”
 
“Yes.. ommoni..” He is touched that your mother always treat him like her own son.
 
“Do you like seafood?” Asks your father. And the conversation goes to foods, and then sports, and another drinks, and about the charity event, and then his activities then another drinks. Your mom speak a little less then she used too, but she’s constantly smiling whenever she sees Siwon is holding your hand or giving food to your plate or talking about you, or just smiling to you between his talks.
 
“About the charity event..” Siwon clears his throat. “I actually want to take her too, if I’m allowed.”
 
“Ooh?” Your mom tilts her head. “Can you really do that? They used to be packed with press though.”
 
“I will carefully not to be seen with her in front of the press. For her privacy and safety sake.” Siwon holds your hand again. “But if I take her, it means I won’t be able to walk into the event together or always beside her all the time.. And I know both of you will be there, and will see us too, so I just don’t want to appear like disrespecting your daughter by any means..” You look up at him right when he looks down on you. “I want her to be by my side, but only if you don’t mind..” Then Siwon turns to your dad.
 
Although you secretly can hear your mom squeals inside her heart, everybody is looking at your dad in silent.
 
“Only if she wants to..” then everybody turns their head to you.
 
You’re looking at Siwon. Aww.. come on. Who can say no to those puppy eyes.. You nod, that makes him smile, the most relieved smile your ever see.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Despite Siwon’s protest when you’re giving him a ride to his apartment, you calmly drive his Audi to his own apartment.
 
“I can call a cab from there..”
 
“How can I let you take a cab alone late at night when I’m perfectly safe at home?” He’s a bit drunk and acting all cute plus sleepy when he talks.
 
“Then I can just stay at your home..”
 
“How can you spent a night at my home after we met your parents just then??”
 
“Okay, then I’ll just get home right after..”
 
“Aniii... I want you to stay.. but I had to go aboard early in the morning.. are you going to be okay staying at my home before you go to your office while I’m already go to work?”
 
“Of course.. I waited for you alone the whole night at that time.”
 
“I’m sorry..”
 
But you don’t hear this, because you’re concentrating on parking his expensive car. You bite your lips while parked his car perfectly at his reserved parking space. Driving backward with just one hand on the wheel. Siwon guiltily smiles to you. How could she look hot af doing things like these?
 
“Is there anything you’re not good at?”
 
You just smile back at him. He looks so tired and sleepy, you subtly massage the back of his neck.
 
“You’re also more experienced in these stuffs than me..”
 
You laugh. “What stuff?”
 
“This.” He points out your hand behind his back. “How can you know perfectly the sensitive parts on men’ body?” He said this with half of his eyelids closed.
 
You find his stances and words are silly. “I don’t know anything about it.. It comes naturally. And I just do these things to you only.”
 
“Of course. Only me.” He can go sleep any second now.
 
“Oppa, I need to go. You need to sleep on your bed too.”
 
“Don’t go..” he grabs one of your hand. Leans closer to your seat. “I’m so tired. Let me stay here just for 5 minutes.” He lays his head on the crook of your neck.
 
It’s not the most intimate position you ever had with him, but you don’t know why you’re getting all flustered by this action. His nose that almost touched your collar bone makes you could feel the warmth of his every breath. His right hand that placed at your hip bone just lays there like his heavy head.
 
He is sleeping. His heart beating next to you. And literally leans his all on you, with no defenses, no pretenses. Just him. This action itself makes you more attached to him than any kisses (that he also did with so many woman out there on screen or off screen) both of you ever had.
 
He’s all yours.
 
You can’t move from your position without waking him up, so you awkwardly playing with anything within your arm reach. He got an micro SD card plugged in his audio system so you’re skimming his song list then got an idea to spent another minutes in his car while he’s sleeping: making a playlist contained your favorite songs from super junior.
 
 
 
•••
 
 
 
 
“Are you sure it’s okay?” Asks Jessica to her friend.
 
“Of course! They’re not taking our bait last time, we have to do something to make them believe that we actually had something.”
 
“So.. send?”
 
Without thinking twice, Jessica’s friend click the send button.
 
 
 
•••
 
 
 
Before the event you and your mom are getting your hair and make up done at the salon that Kyuhyun once took you there. You're in the middle of looking around the salon through the mirror when a man with a mask on, carrying a sophisticated man pouch, walks inside the salon.
 
"Oh oppa.." you stand up to greet him.
 
"Oh Nara ya!" Heecul walks towards you. "Nice hair cut!"
 
"Ah.. this is my mom." You're signaling your mom who's sit beside you. "Oppa what are you doing here?"
 
"Hello ommoni.." Heechul bows to your mom, "I'm about to get ready for a show. Oh this is my friend." He introduce you to his friend. "This is my dongsaeng and her mother.." his friend smiles at you and your mother. "Cut it out, she's my dongsaeng's girlfriend." He's not fancying his friend's smile.
 
Your mother laughs.
 
"He's.. hmm.. Super Junior's Heechul, mom." You're introducing him to your mom.
 
"Aah.. you're Siwon's fellow member?"
 
"Ye ye.." Heechul scraps his nape while smiling awkwardly. He's afraid his friend figured thing out that you're Siwon's girl. "Ahh! You must be preparing to attend the same event as our Si.. as your oppa right?"
 
You nod.
 
"Okay then, you better finished your make up. I'll get going ommoni.." He bows to you mom and ruffles your bangs before he left.
 
 
 
•••
 
 
 
 
You find yourself stand beside your mom and smile to the cameras.
 
Beneath your calm smile, your brain works extra hard to think about the tinniest detail like how to put your hand while taking a picture, is it better to smile with your mouth close or showing some teeth, is your make up okay..?
 
Somebody tell you to step aside because the reporters want to take picture of your mom and dad alone.
 
.. is here any reporter here knows that I’m in a relationship with Siwon..
 
Everyone seems to behave on their top manner and full respect toward your father, as one of the staffs helping your mom step down from the platform.
 
.. is there anyone here knows me at all..
 
From the entrance, another car stop by. And a socialite with an exceptional choice of dress and make up just get off of her expensive car. All the cameras turn to her direction. The flashlight is blinding.
 
You don’t want to be recognized as Siwon’s girlfriend.. but not being acknowledged as his girlfriend is also.. seems underrated. That makes you feels like no one.
 
.. I don’t belong here..
 
... oppa does..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

Thankyou for reading!! Please leave a lot of comment so i know what you think off the story <3 <3

 

 

 

 

5 July 2018