Secret Love

Severely
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Yujin took a deep breath as she stood at the edge of the staircase. Slowly, she grabbed onto the railing and put her foot down on the next step.

Yujin bit her lip as she staggered down the stairs, she definitely wasn’t used to seeing the world in pitch-blackness and she knew she wasn’t going to come to terms with being blind so easily. Let alone concentrating on getting her memory back.

She wanted to know how she got into the car accident and how she ended up being like this.

“Julia, you should have told me you were ready…come, I’ll help you down the stairs.” Myungsoo called, rushing up to Yujin’s side and taking her arm.

“I don’t need your help! I can go down the stairs myself!” Yujin blurted out in anger, she hated feeling like a disabled person.

Whoever she was before this, she was certain she was a girl who enjoyed her freedom…now it was all taken away from her.

“Julia…I know how you feel, but you have to take this one step at a time. Think of it this way, after I help you down the stairs a few more times…you’ll be able to go down the stairs by yourself comfortably…maybe even run down.” Myungsoo chuckled.

“So don’t be so stubborn and let me help you down okay?” he coaxed.

Yujin nodded slowly, she knew Myungsoo was trying his best to give her all his support and encouragement. It was wrong of her to lash out at him.

“Mian…” She apologized.

Myungsoo smiled at Yujin. “There’s nothing to be sorry about….now…are you ready for our first outing since you’ve woken up?”

“Oppa….I was thinking…maybe it isn’t such a good idea to go outside…I don’t feel comfortable yet…”

“Do I look okay?” Yujin asked, raising her eyebrows at Myungsoo.

“Silly girl, you look fine….You’re the prettiest girl I know.” Myungsoo smiled, patting Yujin’s beanie affectionately.

“Are you sure I look okay to go out?” Yujin asked again, still unsure of herself.

“I’ll be with you all the time, you don’t have to worry.” Myungsoo assured, wrapping his fingers around Yujin’s slim hand.

“Now, let’s go shall we? I made an appointment at the hair salon, we’re gonna get your hair done! You’re gonna have long…pretty extensions.” Myungsoo said excitedly.

“Mmmm..” Yujin nodded, smiling slightly.

Somehow something inside her told her to trust Myungsoo.

 

Daehyun took a deep breath as he arranged his hair in the full-length mirror.

“You can do this Daehyun! You’ve been baking all your life…this test will be easy peasy!” Daehyun told himself.

“Yujin ah….wish me luck for the test okay? I know you’ve always wanted me to work at the pastry kitchen at your abeoji’s hotel…now’s my chance.” Daehyun said, smiling at the photoframe with Yujin’s picture.

Daehyun bowed his head down a little and closed his eyes, holding the ring on the necklace around his neck between his thumb and index finger. He wanted to take some quiet time to gather his thoughts before the baking test.

“Okay, I can do this!” Daehyun told himself as he gave a nod, grabbed his jacket and walked out the door.

Sora looked at the time on her wristwatch as she cleaned the kitchen counter with a damp white cloth.

It was almost time to knock off, Daehyun would be here for the test soon.

Sora finished her cleaning and was taking out the trash when she bumped into Daehyun at the doorway.

“Omo, Daehyun ssi! You scared me!” Sora exclaimed, inching away from Daehyun’s chest.

Daehyun smiled. “Sora ssi…you should keep your eyes on the front and not on the ground.” Daehyun teased.

Sora made a face at Daehyun.

“Here, let me do it.” Daehyun offered, taking the trash bag from Sora’s hands.

“Ani…Daehyun ssi, it’s okay…you don’t have to.” Sora protested, but Daehyun had already taken the trashbag from her.

“It’s fine…” Daehyun said, bringing the trash to the back and dumping it in the rubbish area.

“So…are you prepared for the test?” Sora asked as the both of them walked back to the kitchen together.

“I’m a little nervous…I haven’t sat for a test since High School!” Daehyun replied.

“You’ll be fine…I’ve tasted your baking…it’s really awesome.” Sora complimented.

“You sure you’re not saying that just to make me feel better?” Daehyun raised his eyebrows at Sora.

“O..of course not!” Sora stuttered, Daehyun had a mesmerizing gaze when he stared like that.

“Daehyun ssi! You can do it! Hwaiting!” Sora raised her fist.

“Gomawo…” Daehyun thanked.

“If I get the job….I’ll treat Sora ssi to dinner on my first pay.” Daehyun said.

“Jjinja!?” Sora exclaimed excitedly.

“Mmm!” Daehyun replied.

“It’s settled then! I’ll be waiting for your treat!” Sora grinned, rubbing her hands together.

Later, the head chef entered the kitchen.

“Daehyun ssi, are you ready for the test?” he asked, passing Daehyun an apron.

“Yes chef!” Daehyun replied, slipping on the apron.

“Ok then, I’ll give you 45mins to make me your sp

Please log in to read the full chapter