We walked here together, we cried together...you're the only one I could never forget

Severely
Please log in to read the full chapter

Song: With - Infinite (eng lyrics here)

 

 

“You’re in luck…the tenant that was renting your room just left yesterday.” The landlord told Daehyun as she brought him to his old apartment.

“Thank you…” Daehyun replied as the landlord placed the keys in his hand.

“Don’t be late for next month’s rent..” She reminded as she walked off, counting the money in her hand.

Daehyun took a deep breath as he entered the apartment, it seemed like a long time since he left here to stay with Sora. The feeling was like coming back home after a long time.

Daehyun placed his luggage in the corner and strolled around the room, looking around at all the small details he never really noticed before.

Daehyun ran his hand over the kitchen counter; he remembered how he always used to bake for Yujin…and she would sit on the chair facing the counter watching him and smiling like she didn’t have any other cares in the world.

Everything reminded him of her....she was just a part of his heart that he would never be able to erase completely.

Daehyun shook his wrist and the sound of the bell on his bracelet filled the room, was it really like everyone said?

“You’re just a piece of trash….even your parents don’t want you..”

“Trash will always be trash…no matter how much you try..you’ll never be able to become something new…”

Those words people said to him since he was a kid…he was finally beginning to believe that they were right.

Finally, in his lousy good for nothing life…someone had come and gave him something to live for. Someone loved him for the piece of trash that he was…someone sacrificed almost everything for him….and he had to go screw things up and throw everything away.

Maybe Myungsoo was right….he doesn’t deserve Yujin…he didn’t even deserve Sora. The way he hurt her was unforgivable….how could he ever face her again?

They were right…trash would always be trash.

 

“We’re done!” Myungsoo exclaimed happily, taping the last cardboard box.

“Ahhh…there’s so many things I want to do with after the operation.” Myungsoo smiled widely, sitting next to Yujin and taking her hand.

There was something about Myungsoo’s smile that was different now, right now his smile was real…and he was genuinely happy…that Yujin finally chose him.

“Oppa…I’m scared..” Yujin started, tightening her grip around Myungsoo’s hand.

“There’s a chance the transplant could go wrong right? What if it’s not successful…”

“Julia, don’t worry…it’ll be all right..Doctor Seo is the most qualified Doctor in America for this operation. I’m sure you’ll be fine…”

“Even if something happens and you still can’t see after the operation, I promise I’ll stay by your side and take care of you for the rest of my life. That’s my promise to you..” Myungsoo smiled, touching Yujin’s cheek.

“Mmmm…” Yujin nodded, she was glad she wasn’t alone.

“Wait…why don’t you sit over there with the boxes…I’ll take a photo.” Myungsoo grinned, suddenly grabbing his DSLR camera from the table.

“You want me to take a picture with the boxes!?” Yujin exclaimed.

“Must you take a photo of everyyythinggg…” Yujin whined.

“Aww come on, just do it…I want to remember our last day in Seoul…” Myungsoo pouted, pulling Yujin to sit near the boxes.

“And…I don’t take photos of EVERYTHING….just you..” He grinned, positioning the camera.

“Oh all right…” Yujin gave in.

“Give me a bigggg wideee smilleee…” Myungsoo told Yujin.

Yujin curled her lips as she heard the snap of Myungsoo’s camera.

“Great, now let’s take one together!” He said cheerfully, hopping to Yujin’s side and turning the camera around to face them..then he snapped a picture.

Yujin laughed at Myungsoo’s silliness.

“What are you going to do with all the pictures anyway?” She asked.

“It’s a secret…” Myungsoo grinned.

“You’ll find out when the time comes..”

Yujin made a face at Myungsoo for being so secretive.

“Come on, I’ll bring you out for lunch!” Myungsoo chuckled, grabbing Yujin’s arm and pulling her up from the chair.

“Wait..where are we going?” Yujin asked, following Myungsoo.

“Hmmm, what do you want to eat? I’ll take you to eat anything you want! Japanese? Korean? French?”

Yujin smiled, she could feel the difference in Myungsoo too. He was much more cheerful now…and there wasn’t that menacing aura he had before.

“Hmmm…Japanese I guess..” Yujin replied, wrapping her hands around Myungsoo’s arm.

“All right then! Japanese it is!” Myungsoo replied and the both of them walked out of the house happily.

 

Daehyun took a deep breath as he walked into the kitchen, he wondered if Sora had come to work today. He wondered what he would do if he saw her….somehow he wanted to know if she was all right. But he wasn’t in the position to care right now.

“Oh Daehyun ssi! You’ve finally decided to come back to work huh!” Chef Park exclaimed, catching a glimpse of Daehyun from the corner of his eye.

Daehyun was about to reply when he caught Sora’s eye, she had looked up from her work after hearing Chef Park call Daehyun.

Sora quickly rolled her eyes and looked away, she felt like she would cry again after seeing Daehyun.

“Sorry..about the other day..” Daehyun apologized to Chef Park.

“Don’t apologize to me, you better get back to work now before the head chef decides to fire you. Also…the one you should be apologizing to is Sora ssi…” Chef Park said, turning his head to Sora.

Daehyun raised his eyebrows, did Chef Park know about what happened between them?

“She has been standing up for you all this while…how could you be so irresponsible..do you know she covered all your work while you were away!?”

Daehyun gulped as he heard what Chef Park had to say, he was at a lost for words. After he cruelly rejected Sora yesterday…what could he say anyway?

“Sora ssi…what’s wrong, did you two fight again?” Chef Park asked Sora when he saw both of them were quiet.

Sora was already biting her lip hard to stop herself from crying, she just wanted Chef Park to shut up right now.

“Sora ssi…go on tell Daehyun what you did for him..” Chef Park continued.

“Sunbaenim…that’s enough..Sora looks like she’s having a hard time already. Just leave her alone..” Daehyun said, pulling Chef Park aside.

He had noticed that Sora looked like she was going to cry.

Sora started to beat the eggs harder…and then suddenly blood started flowing from her nose.

Daehyun widened her eyes as he saw Sora’s nose bleed, she was probably working too hard and didn’t get enough rest. It was this fault….she actually covered all his work for him…it must have been so tiring for her.

“Sora ssi!” Daehyun exclaimed, running over to Sora’s side.

Sora blinked as she saw some of the blood from her nose fall into the eggs she was beating. She quickly, reached up and touched her nose…wiping the blood and looking at it.

“Sora ssi, your nose is bleeding…here..” Daehyun said, grabbing some tissue and holding it at her nose.

Sora stared at Daehyun and shoved him away from her.

“Excuse me…I need to go to the bathroom..” She said, trying to walk past Daehyun but he was blocking her.

“Sora ssi…I’m sorry...about yesterday…at the café…I shouldn’t have slapped you or shouted at you…”

“Are you not going to move out of my way!?” Sora cut Daehyun off, she didn’t want to hear his stupid apology.

Daehyun blinked at Sora as he slowly moved to the side to let Sora pass.

Sora ran out of the kitchen and towards the toilet, holding her nose with the tissue.

“Wait!” Daehyun called after her, running out of the kitchen as well.

“Heooolll….daebak…” Chef Park said, staring after the both of them.

“Wait! Sora ssi….I want you to know that I still care about you..” Daehyun said, turning her around to face him.

Please log in to read the full chapter