Renting a Room

Severely
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sora’s phone rang in her pocket, she quickly fished it out and answered it…it was her Mom.

“Oh..eomma…”

“Sora ya…it’s late…are you coming home? It’s not safe for a girl to be out this late.”

“Eomma...I don’t think I’ll be coming home tonight…I’m at the public bath house.”

“Public bath house?!”

“Oh…I went out drinking with my friend…and he’s drunk so I have to look after him.”

“Your friend?? Which friend? Is it a girl or guy?”

“Eomma…I’m not a kid anymore…” Sora protested, looking over at Daehyun.

“It’s a girl…so I have to stay with her…that’s all..I’ll call you tomorrow eomma…”

“Yah! Cha Sora!”

“I’m hanging up!” Sora said quickly as she hung up the phone.

The next morning, Daehyun woke up with a splitting headache and a severe hangover.

He held his head in his hands as he slowly sat up, looking around to see where he was.

“Why the hell am I at the public bath house…” Daehyun mumbled.

“Oh you’re up!” Sora’s cheery voice sounded, she had went to buy some baked eggs* and sweet rice drinks*.

“Here, have this…it’ll help with your hangover.” Sora told Daehyun, handing him a can of sweet rice drink.

Daehyun nodded blankly at Sora, taking the can from her. He was trying to remember what happened last night.

“Ummm…last night…” Daehyun started.

“Oh…we were drinking at the road side stall do you remember??” Sora asked, she was cracking the baked egg and peeling it.

“Ahhh….” Daehyun replied, taking a sip out of the can.

“You got drunk and I didn’t know where you lived so I decided to bring you here.” Sora said, taking a bit out of the peeled egg.

Daehyun nodded to himself, trying to remember if he said anything stupid or revealed any secrets to Sora last night.

As he was thinking, Sora suddenly picked up an uncracked egg and hit it on Daehyun’s forehead.

“Why did you do that!?” Daehyun exclaimed, rubbing his forehead in shock.

Sora smiled at Daehyun’s shocked reaction. “It tastes better when you crack it like this.” She explained.

 “Here…try it.” Sora smiled, passing Daehyun the peeled egg.

Daehyun took the egg from Sora without saying anything.

He took a bite of the baked egg and was busy chewing it in his mouth when he suddenly remembered that the landlord was going to kick him out if he didn’t pay the rent by this morning.

“Omo!!” Daehyun’s eyes widened as he quickly stuffed the rest of the egg in his mouth and stood up.

“Daehyun ssi!! Where are you going??” Sora stood up after him as he ran towards the exit of the bathhouse.

“Hey!! You haven’t paid!!” the woman who was sitting at the counter of the bathhouse protested.

Sora quickly pulled out her wallet and gave her a bunch of notes.

“Keep the change!” She told the woman, quickly running out after Daehyun.

“Daehyun ssi!” Sora called out.

Daehyun was managed to flag down a taxi and got inside, before he could close the door Sora got in as well and closed the door behind her.

“Yah, I’m not drunk anymore…you don’t have to follow me around you know.” Daehyun told Sora.

“You rushed off suddenly, I want to know where you’re going!” Sora insisted.

Daehyun sighed as he turned to the taxi driver, he didn’t have time to argue with Sora right now.

“Ahjussi, Hongeun Byuksan apartments..hurry.” Daehyun told the address of his house to the taxi driver.

“Are you going home?” Sora asked, still clueless about why Daehyun rushed out of the bathhouse like that.

“I told you I needed to pay the rent by this morning right? I haven’t paid yet, the landlord is probably throwing all my stuff out of the house now.” Daehyun explained.

Daehyun and Sora quickly got out of the taxi as they reached the apartment, when they got to Daehyun’s house the landlord had moved all of Daehyun’s stuff outside the front door.

“Ahjumma! Please don’t do this…let me stay here..” Daehyun pleaded.

“Do you have the rent?” the landlord asked.

Daehyun shook his head. “I’m tight on money right now…I lost my job…you know the economy is bad..it’ll take some time before I find another job. Please…I’ll pay your interest next month!” Daehyun c

Please log in to read the full chapter