Mind Games 1

Severely
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/n: Just a short update, I'll update again tomorrow.

 

“Why did you try to poison the hotel guests?” The policeman asked.

“I told you, I didn’t do it!” Daehyun protested.

They had been interrogating him for a few hours now and Daehyun was tired of repeating the same thing over and over again.

“Why was this found in your belongings then?” The policeman continued, putting the bottle of white powder in front of Daehyun.

“This isn’t mine…I’ve never seen it before..” Daehyun sighed.

“Sir, we’ve checked the fingerprint on the bottle….but it’s too distorted so we can’t get a match..” One of the detectives said.

The policeman sighed as he closed the file that was open in front of him.

“That’s too bad then….we’ll have to keep you in the holding cell until we can verify that it wasn’t you who did it.” He said, motioning for the detective to bring Daehyun to the holding cell.

Daehyun hung his head as the detective shoved him into the holding cell, it was cold and dark and the other people in the cell didn’t look too friendly either.

Daehyun shifted his gaze to the ground as he went to a corner and sat down, guess he was going to spend the night here.

 

Sora stared into space as she stirred the custard in front of her, she needed to find out who was the one that spiked the food and planted the evidence in Daehyun’s stuff and save his job and his career.

She tried to recall if she had seen anyone behaving strangely in the kitchen.

Her eyes darted to Chef Park who was busy building a Macaron tower.

“Hmmm….Park sunbaenim may be bossy at times…but he’s an honest and upright person…it can’t be him…” Sora thought, moving her eyes to the next person.

Chef Lee (the guy who Myungsoo bribed, just gonna give him a random name here so its easier.) was standing in his corner chopping chocolate, he had already done what Myungsoo told him to do but something inside him was making him nervous. What if he didn’t do everything properly and left something behind..what if they found out it was him that spiked the food instead of Daehyun. He would definitely lose his job…then he wouldn’t be able to provide for his sick sister.

“Chef Lee…could it be him? He seldom talks to anyone and is the worst chef here…he probably would have something to gain if there was one less competitor in the competition..”

“But why Daehyun? Maybe…someone bribed him!”

“Sora ssi?” The head chef called Sora out of her thoughts.

“Ye?” Sora replied, turning to face him.

“The General Manager has already given the order to take Daehyun out of the competition…he can’t be representing the hotel because of all the bad publicity.” The head chef explained.

“It would be unfair to you though, since you’re competing as a team so..we would like to assign you a new partner so you can take part in the competition. How does that sound?” He asked.

“But Chef! The investigation isn’t even over yet…this is too unfair to Daehyun!” Sora protested.

“Well we can’t do anything…it’s the GM’s decision…”

“I’m sorry but I won’t accept a new partner! Chef, please give me some time I’ll find out who the person who spiked the food really is! I’ll clear Daehyun’s name so he can come back to work and participate in the competition!”

“Sora ssi…”

“Chef! Please trust me, I’ll find out who the real perpertrator is!”

“…..very well then, it would be a pity to not let Daehyun take part in the competition too…”

“Well I can only hold off the GM’s orders until tomorrow evening though…the competition is also the day after that…so you have to be quick.” The head chef finished.

“Yes chef! Thank you chef!” Sora bowed.

“Don’t thank me yet..” The head chef replied as he walked out of the kitchen.

Chef Lee frowned as he heard what Sora told the head chef…she wouldn’t be able to find out it was him would she?

 

Yujin was sitting at the café nearby the hotel with a cup of hot chocolate in front of her, she was also thinking of what she could do to help Daehyun but there was only so much a disabled person like her could do.

“Julia, what are you doing sitting down here by yourself?” Myungsoo’s voice sounded as he took the seat opposite Yujin.

Yujin frowned as she heard Myungsoo’s voice.

“Oppa…how did you know I was here?” She asked.

“I was just walking by and decided to get a cup off coffee.” Myungsoo replied, taking a sip of his Americano.

“I heard that Daehyun was arrested for poisoning the hotel’s food and causing some of the guests to get sick…”

“He didn’t do it.” Yujin said simply.

“I’m sorry about last night…” Myungsoo changed the subject.

“I was drunk…and I didn’t know what was doing…I shouldn’t have pushed you…I’m sorry..” Myungsoo said.

“Does it hurt?” He asked.

He was about to reach out and touch Yujin’s hand but she quickly p

Please log in to read the full chapter