With Only My Heart, I Can't Seem to Have You

Severely
Please log in to read the full chapter

Song: Can U Smile - Infinite

 

 

 

Daehyun took a deep breath as he walked into the kitchen, he had been thinking for a few days now and he had decided to leave his job at the hotel.

“Chef, can I speak to you for a moment?” Daehyun asked, standing beside the head chef who was giving orders.

“Sure.” The head chef replied, turning to Daehyun.

Sora slowly looked up from her work as she saw Daehyun and the head chef move to a corner to talk. The both of them still weren’t speaking to each other…

“What do you think they’re saying?” *Youngjae whispered to Sora.

Sora just shrugged as she pretended to be busy with her work, but she really wanted to know what Daehyun was telling the head chef.

“Everyone! Chef Daehyun has something to tell all of you…” The head chef cleared his throat.

Sora raised her eyebrows as everyone shifted their focus to Daehyun who was standing in the middle of the kitchen.

“I want to thank everyone for taking care of me all this while…” Daehyun started.

“I’ve learnt a lot after working here in the hotel…and I have all of you to thank for that…especially Sora ssi…and Park Sunbaenim…” Daehyun smiled, looking towards Sora.

Sora caught Daehyun’s gaze and quickly looked away, she still couldn’t look Daehyun straight in the eye.

“Are you leaving!?” Youngjae exclaimed.

“Yes I am…” Daehyun nodded.

“I’ve decided to leave my job at the hotel…”

There were gasps and whispers all over the room and the other chefs started to discuss about why Daehyun was leaving.

Sora bit her lip as she looked up at Daehyun.

Was he leaving because of her?

“We’ll be having a farewell party for Chef Daehyun tonight…all of you should come.” The head chef announced.

“Chef Daehyun, you may pack your stuff and hand in your uniform…then you can leave.” Sora heard the head chef tell Daehyun.

Daehyun nodded as he walked towards the locker room to pack his stuff.

“Yah, why do you think Daehyun’s leaving? I thought he liked working here.” Youngjae asked, nudging Sora.

“I don’t knowwww….Why do you always keep asking me questions about Daehyun?” Sora frowned.

“Now that I think about it…the both of you have always been close..everyone in the pastry kitchen knows the both of you won’t go anywhere without each other.”

“But recently…you haven’t been talking to Daehyun at all…you guys quarreled didn’t you? Must be a serious one….seeing how you’ve been asking me to have lunch with you all the time lately…” Youngjae frowned, scooping some chocolate icing off the spoon he was holding with his index finger and it.

“Heoollll…..don’t be a busybody and just concentrate on your work hmmm?” Sora said, making a face at Youngjae and walking away.

Youngjae laughed as he finished the icing and threw the spoon into the sink.

“I must have hit the jackpot…”

 

Later that night, Sora arrived at the noraebang with Youngjae. The other chefs from the pastry kitchen were already inside having the farewell party for Daehyun.

Sora stopped outside the noraebang and took a deep breath…why was she here anyway? She didn’t want to come at all but Youngjae had dragged her here saying everyone was here and she had to go.

“Sora ssi! Ppali!! Everyone’s waiting for us!” Youngjae called, grabbing Sora’s hand and pulling her into the noraebang.

“Sunbaenim….I still don’t think it’s a good idea….I should go home..” Sora mumbled, pulling herself back.

“Aiissshh! Come on, just have a few drinks and go…you’re already inside anyway..” Youngjae replied, dragging Sora towards the room.

“Hey guys!” Youngjae grinned, waving at the other chefs and dragging Sora behind him.

“Chef Park! Finally you’re here!” The head chef said, standing up from his seat.

“We’ve been waiting for you and Sora to have a toast..”

Daehyun stood up too, looking towards Sora….he had so many things to say to her but he didn’t know where to start.

Youngjae sat Sora down on the couch opposite Daehyun and handed her a can of beer. Sora looked across at Daehyun and realized he was staring at her, then she quickly looked away again.

“Right…let’s have a toast!” The head chef announced, holding up his beer can.

“Daehyun ssi, we wish you all the best! If you’re free do remember to come back to the hotel to visit us…and if at any time you feel like coming back to the hotel to work, just let me know!” The head chef said.

“Thank you chef! I’ll keep that in mind..” Daehyun smiled as they all lifted their cans.

“Cheers!!” The all said in unison as they clanked their cans together and downed the beer.

Daehyun smiled as he watched th

Please log in to read the full chapter