What My Heart Tells Me To Do

Severely
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Myungsoo sat at the dining table in pitch darkness; he had a bottle of wine next to him and was gulping it down by the glass.

Myungsoo’s eyes flickered towards the doorway as he heard the key turn in the lock. He heard the click of the light switch as the lights came on causing him to squint at the sudden brightness.

“You’re home…” Myungsoo mumbled as Yujin walked past the dining room.

Yujin jumped a little as she heard Myungsoo’s voice, she didn't realize someone was there.

“Had a romantic evening with Daehyun?” Myungsoo said sarcastically, downing another glass of wine.

The numbness had gone and the pain was back now that Yujin was there standing right in front of him.

“Have you been drinking?” Yujin asked, smelling the strong odour of wine coming from Myungsoo.

“You should enjoy your time now with him….because it’s not going to last…” Myungsoo continued, dragging himself towards Yujin.

“When you find out what really happened that day…you’ll finally know why I kept you away from him….”

“I just want to protect you!” Myungsoo shouted, brushing past Yujin and tumbling onto the floor.

“Oppa! You’re drunk….I’ll ask appa to come down and help you up…” Yujin said, bending down to help Myungsoo up.

“Don’t pretend like you care!” Myungsoo shouted, flinging Yujin away.

Yujin lost her balance and fell backwards, slamming her wrist onto the chair behind her and falling to the ground.

“Ahhh…” Yujin winced, grabbing her wrist, which now had a huge bruise on it due to the impact when it slammed against the chair.

Myungsoo frowned as he pushed himself up from the ground, turning behind to look at Yujin.

“After just abandoning me like that…after all I’ve done for you…you’re acting like you’re concerned about me now?” Myungsoo laughed.

“Save it.” He said, turning away from Yujin and walking up the stairs.

A tear rolled down Yujin’s cheek as she heard Myungsoo’s door slam shut.

She didn’t want it to be this way either.

After all Myungsoo was the one that was there for her after the accident, helping her to adjust to being a blind person, doing everything he could to make her feel comfortable, taking care of her when she was sick and making sure she was all right.

She didn’t hate him even though he lied to her.

But this was a choice she had to make.

Yujin wiped away the tears from her eyes as she slowly helped herself up, luckily her wrist was just swollen and it didn’t break or anything.

Yujin reached her room and sat down on the bed, she moved her hand around to grab her pillow but as she was doing that she realized there were cotton stuffing all over the bed (the white stuff that you stuff soft toys with).

“What is all this?” Yujin mumbled to herself as she continued to move her hand around the bed.

She found Tokki ssi’s body on the bed and it’s head was on the floor, Myungsoo had tore Tokki ssi into pieces.

“Tokki ssi…” Yujin mumbled.

It was a toy that she slept with since she was a kid, something that she talked to when she had problems and comforted her when no one was by her side…it symbolized the bond between her and Myungsoo.

But it was gone now.

 

The next morning, Daehyun and Sora arrived at work and entered the kitchen talking happily to each other not knowing that a storm was brewing.

“Good Morning everyone!” Daehyun greeted as he entered the kitchen but no one replied him.

All of the chefs had dejected looks on their faces and were sitting around doing nothing.

“What’s wrong?” Sora asked.

“Something really bad has happened…” Chef Park sighed.

Just then, the head chef entered the kitchen.

“Who was the one that baked the lemon scones yesterday?” The head chef asked, looking around sternly at all of them.

“Ummm…that was me…why?” Daehyun asked, still clueless about what was happening.

“All the guests that ate the lemon scones yesterday all complained of food poisoning. This is a serious matter..Chef Daehyun you’ll be suspended from duty until we have finished investigating the case, do you understand?”

“Food poisoning!? Chef! It wasn’t me!” Daehyun protested.

“Did you check the quality of the ingredients?”

“Yes chef…I made sure everything was fresh before I put them in the scones, there shouldn’t be a problem with them.” Daehyun replied.

The head chef sighed.

“Well we have to investigate the case before determining if you’re innocent or not…till then Chef Daehyun I suggest you go back home and wait. You won’t be allowed to touch anything in the kitchen…do you understand?”

“I…uhh…Yes chef!” Daehyun stuttered.

Daehyun gulped, still trying to grasp the whole situation. The guests had complained of food poisoning after eating the scones he made…but how!?

“Daehyun ssi, don’t worry….you didn’t do anything wrong right? I’m sure your name will be cleared after the investigation is over..” Sora assured, patting Daehyun’s shoulder.

“Why don’t you go home and practice making the cake we’re baking for the competition? I’ll call you if anything comes up oh?”

Daehyun nodded.

“You’re right…there’s no point for me to stay here anyway. I’ll just stay at home and wait for the good news that there was a mistake..”

“Mmm…” Sora nodded in agreement.

Daehyun frowned as he walked out of the hotel.

“I hope this is all just a mistake…” He thought to himself.

If there was really something that linked him to the food poisoning he probably wouldn’t be able take part in the competition…worse still he was going to get fired even before he got his first pay.

He wouldn’t be able to support Yujin then…

 

Yujin was sitting at the swings on the playground; she didn’t want to stay at home because Myungsoo was there so she decided to go to the playground. She felt peaceful there and she also wanted to see if she could remember anything else.

“Yujin ah…” Daehyun’s voice sounded, causing Yujin to look up from the ground.

“Daehyun ah…is that you?” Yujin asked with a curious look on his face.

“Why aren’t you at work…you should be at work right now.”

Daehyun sighed as he sat down on the swing next to Yujin.

“There were some problems with the scones I made yesterday..the guests complained of food poisoning after they ate them. So the chef asked me to take the day off until they finish investigating the case.” Daehyun explained, pushing his feet off the ground swinging higher and higher on the swing.

“What!? Food poisoning?? Isn’t that serious?” Yujin exclaimed, with a worried look on her face.

“I’m just hoping they made a mistake and it isn’t the scones…” Daehyun replied.

“Mmm…Daehyun ah…you don’t have to worry, I’m sure they just made a mistake.” Yujin nodded.

Daehyun smiled at Yujin.

“But Yujin ah…how come you’re here? You should be at home resting..”

“Ooh…I just decided to come here to see if I could remember anything else…I like it here, it’s peaceful..” Yujin said, raising her hand to push her hair behind her ear.

Just as she did that, Daehyun spotted the bruise on her wrist that she had gotten when she hit her wrist on the chair when Myungsoo pushed her.

“What’s that!?” Daehyun exclaimed, pulling Yujin’s hand towards him.

“Yujin ah..what happened..who did this to you?” Daehyun demanded, pushing up the sleeve of her coat.

“Ahhh…it’s nothing, I….had a fight with Myung…I mean I tripped and fell at home..” Yujin lied.

“Myungsoo?” Daehyun was angry now.

“That bastard did this to you didn’t he?” Daehyun frowned.

“He was drunk….Daehyun ah..it’s nothing, I don’t want the two of you to get into a fight because of me again..” Yujin tried to reason with Daehyun, wrapping her fingers around his hand.

“That bastard…really…” Daehyun mumbled to himself.

“Daehyun ah…I’m fine…he didn’t do it on purpose, don’t be angry at Myungsoo Oppa…oh?”

Daehyun sighed.

“Aishh…if it wasn’t because of you, I’ll beat the out of him…”

“If he hurts you again let me know okay? I won’t let him do it twice.”

“Mmm..” Yujin nodded, reaching out and Daehyun’s hair.

“Gomawoyo….for being so worried about me…” Yujin smiled, holding Daehyun’s face between her hands and planting a kiss on his lips.

Daehyun widened his eyes in shock, this was his first kiss with Yujin since she had come back….he had almost forgotten how much he missed kissing her.

“Daehyun ah….can I touch you?” Yujin asked suddenly.

“Ye!?” Daehyun blurted out, still quite shocked.

Yujin laughed.

“I mean…can I feel

Please log in to read the full chapter