Rain Sound

Severely
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“All contestants, you have twenty seconds left before the competition ends, please plate your dishes now and bring them to the judging table.” The MC announced.

There were beads of sweat on Daehyun’s forehead as he finished decorating the cake, the swelling at his wrist hadn’t subsided yet and he was bearing with the pain until the competition was over.

“Daehyun ssi…are you okay?” Sora frowned.

“I’m fine.” Daehyun smiled, he looked paler than usual considering his tanned skin.

“Let me do it.” Sora said, lifting the cake and placing it onto your tray.

The MC was doing the final countdown as Sora carried the tray and walked towards the judging table.

“The competition is officially over!” The MC announced.

“Now let’s direct our attention to the judging table, the contestants will be graded according to the taste and appearance of the food. There will only be one winning team who’s creation will be placed on the menu…cash will also be rewarded to the winning team.”

“Judges…” The MC said, directing the attention to the judging table.

Daehyun and Sora looked at each other nervously as the judges tried the cakes.

“Team D!” One of the judges called as Daehyun and Sora scrambled towards the judging table.

“Can you tell us what cake is this and what your inspiration for it is?” One of the judges asked.

Sora nodded at Daehyun as he took a deep breath.

“This is a flower and fruit infused cake, the inspiration for our cake is…love. Like when a couple have been dating for 100 days, the guy will buy roses for his girlfriend and they would celebrate it with a cake…so we decided to infused these two things together.”

“Actually, the person who inspired us to create this cake is here today…” Daehyun said, looking towards Yujin.

“Flowers and cake were her two most favourite things…so we decided to combine the two together.” Daehyun explained.

Yujin smiled as she heard what Daehyun said, she remembered when Daehyun had first let her try the cake, it was the best cake she had ever tasted.

The judges nodded as they tasted the cake, Daehyun gulped as he watched for the expression on their faces…did they…like it?

“Thank you team D.” The judge representative said as they finished the tasting.

“Ottokae?? Do you think they will like it?” Sora whispered nervously.

“Don’t worry…we’ve done our best…” Daehyun replied.

Daehyun winced as he felt a burning sensation in his wrist, he had rushed out from the hospital before the doctor could even bandage his hand properly and it hurt like hell now.

“Daehyun ssi…mianhae…just now I…” Sora was about to explain why she was angry at Daehyun when he stopped it.

“Sora ssi….it’s okay, you don’t have to explain. If you were angry with me…I know you must have your reasons…so…don’t blame yourself okay?”

“If it weren’t for you…I wouldn’t be here today taking part in this competition…you’re entitled to get angry at me…you can hit me, scold me, shout at me…anything you want….I won’t get angry at you.” Daehyun smiled.

Sora took a deep sigh as she stared into Daehyun’s eyes, after hearing what he had to say it made her feel even more guilty for actually believing for even a moment what was coming of out Myungsoo’s mouth.

“Even so…I’m still sorry..” Sora apologized again, pouting at Daehyun.

“Aigooo…” Daehyun smiled, poking Sora on her nose.

 

“And now…we’ll announce the winner of the Capelle Hotel Baking Competition!” The MC announced, adjusting the mike.

Sora, Daehyun and Yujin’s eyes all lighted up as they heard the MC announce that, at this time Myungsoo had also entered the venue…he wanted to know if Daehyun had won the competition or not.

“The third runner up with 65 points is…Team J!”

-Clapping Sounds-

“The second runner up with 70 points…is Team A!”

-Clapping Sounds-

“And last but not least….the champion of the capelle hotel baking competition is….”

There was total silence in the room as everyone waited for the MC to deliver the results.

“Team…..”

“D! With an overall of 85 points!! Congratulations, Team D….Chef Jung Daehyun and Chef Cha Sora.”

There was a round of applause from the audience as Yujin stood up from her seat, grinning happily and clapping.

“Kyaaa!!!” Sora screamed, turning to Daehyun and jumping on top of him for a hug.

“Ahhh ahhh! Hand!” Daehyun winced.

“Sorry…” Sora apologized, quickly letting go of Daehyun.

Daehyun grinned at Sora.

“High 5!” He said, lifting up his uninjured hand.

“High 5!!” Sora smiled, smacking Daehyun’s hand and laughing.

 

“Daehyun ah! Congratulations!” Yujin smiled, wrapping her arms around Daehyun.

“Ooh…the credit goes to you too…Yujin ah..it was your idea.” Daehyun replied, returning Yujin’s hug.

“Daehyun ah…I heard you hurt your hand? Does it hurt?” Yujin asked, quickly moving her hand around Daehyun’s arm.

“It’s a little swollen now cause it’s fractured…but I’ve been to the doctor…I’ll recover in a few days…don’t worry.” Daehyun replied, holding Yujin’s hand.

“Daehyun ssi, let’s go! I can’t wait to tell appa and eomma that we won!”

“Ah! Let’s go to the supermarket and get some beef! And pork belly too! We’ll have a bbq party at home!”

“Omo…beer and soju too! We can’t forget those.” Sora said, raising her finger like she was thinking.

“Arasso!” Daehyun grinned at the excited look on Sora’s face.

“Daehyun ah…do you stay together with Sora?” Yujin asked.

Please log in to read the full chapter