Gone, not around any longer.

Severely
Please log in to read the full chapter

Daehyun turned the tap on as he let the water flow onto his bloody hands, he looked up to see his reflection in the mirror. His face was filled with guilt, it was like the word guilty was written on his forehead.

Daehyun shook his head as he quickly splashed water onto his face.

“Nothing’s going to happen to Yujin…she’s going to be fine. The doctor is going to come out of the OT and tell me that the operation was successful…Yujin is going to be fine.” He mumbled to himself.

Daehyun cleaned the ring with a paper towel, clenching it in his fist once again. He didn't want to let it go…he felt like if he held it in his hand…Yujin felt closer to him.

He was about to take a seat at the benches when suddenly he heard voices and footsteps running his way.

“What’s happened to Yujin!?” a middle aged man in a business suit demanded.

Daehyun recognized him as Yujin’s Dad, Yujin’s Mom was following behind him with her hand to .

“Omo…uri Yujin ah…how did this happen?!!”

“Your daughter was involved in an accident, the doctor is operating on her in the operating theatre right now.” The nurse explained.

Yujin’s Mom started crying.

Yujin’s Dad looked around and caught Daehyun’s eye.

“You!” he pointed in Daehyun’s direction.

“You bastard….you’re the one who made Yujin like this!! You're the reason she’s in this state right now!!” Yujin’s Dad bellowed as he grabbed Daehyun by the collar.

“Yeobo…” Yujin’s Mom called out, trying to stop him from beating the out of Daehyun.

Daehyun could say nothing, he couldn’t say he was innocent….it was true that he was the one that made Yujin like this.

Yujin’s Dad scowled as he landed a punch on the side of Daehyun’s face.

Daehyun landed on the ground, clutching his face…there was blood on his lips.

“I’m sorry sir but this is a hospital!!” the nurse protested, grabbing onto Yujin Dad’s arm.

“Yeobo…that’s enough..please..” Yujin’s Mom begged.

“Go away please….we don’t want to see you here…go before my husband tries to hit you again.” Yujin’s Mom told Daehyun.

“Go and don’t come back.” She finished.

Daehyun slowly got up from the floor, shuffling past Yujin’s parents. He walked until he was out of sight, leaning against one of the walls.

Heaving a sigh, he slid down the wall until he was squatting on the floor….he couldn’t help but start to sob again.

“Yujin’s going to be all right…” he told himself through tears.

“She’s going to be all right…”

At this moment, someone ran past Daehyun towards the operating theatre where Yujin was.

He was tall and skinny, with short black hair and sharp features. He was wearing a white T-shirt with dark grey jeans and a black leather jacket over.

“*Hwejangnim! How’s Yujin?!” he asked, voice filled with worry.

“Myungsoo ya…” Yujin’s Mom called out to him.

“Eomeoni.” Myungsoo replied, still looking worriedly at Yujin’s parents for an answer.

“Oh…Myungsoo…you’re here.” The Chairman replied.

“The Doctor is operating on Yujin inside…we’ll only know if the surgery is successful after it’s done.”

“Myungsoo ya….I’m so worried…the accident was quite serious, I’m worried about Yujin.” Yujin’s Mom sobbed.

“It’s okay eomeoni…Yujin is strong…I’m sure she’ll be fine.” Myungsoo comforted.

The Kangs treated Myungsoo like their own son, their families were close so Myungsoo and Yujin knew each other even before they could talk. Myungsoo used to play with Yujin together when they were young, but he left to America because his parents were starting a business there..and started middle school there, away from Yujin who stayed in Korea.

He had just arrived at the airport and wanted to give Yujin a surprise visit but heard the news of the accident and came to the hospital.

He also wanted to meet Yujin’s boyfriend…and see what he was like. He didn’t really like the idea of Yujin dating Daehyun at all…in his opinion, Yujin was too good for him.

“That boy who Yujin was seeing was here just now…but I chased him away..he won’t be coming here anymore.” The Chairman told Myungsoo.

“*Hwejangnim, Eomeoni….you must be tired, I’ll get you some coffee.” Myungsoo offered as he proceeded to the vending machines.

Daehyun had been squatting down near the vending machines but he decided to take a walk outside just as Myungsoo was walking over.

Myungsoo looked up at Daehyun’s back, he frowned…that guy seemed to look familiar. But he thought nothing of it and slot the coin into the vending machine slot.

Daehyun walked listlessly around the ho

Please log in to read the full chapter