I'm Breathing, But I Feel Like I'm Slowly Dying

Severely
Please log in to read the full chapter

Song: 붙박이 별 (Fixed Star) - Infinite

 

 

Yujin opened her eyes, she thought she had heard someone shouting from outside the gate…it sounded like Daehyun.

Yujin got out of bed and walked towards the window, grabbing the handle and pulling the window open.

Was she dreaming? Or was Daehyun really here?

“Julia, you’re not asleep yet?” Myungsoo asked, coming into Yujin’s room.

“Oppa…is someone here? I heard voices…” Yujin asked, still facing the window.

Myungsoo quickly went over to the window and looked out, he could see Sora dragging Daehyun away from the gate.

“There’s nothing outside…you must be hearing things.” Myungsoo replied.

“It’s late….you should rest now, I booked the plane tickets..we’ll be leaving in two days.” Myungsoo smiled, shutting the window and drawing the curtains.

Yujin nodded as she got into bed, whatever it was she had already decided that she was going back to America to have her corneal transplant done.

“Do you need me to sleep beside you tonight? I can stay with you if you want.” Myungsoo asked, pulling the blanket over Yujin.

“It’s okay, I’ll be fine…” Yujin replied.

“All right….good night..sleep tight.” Myungsoo said, then he turned and left the room.

Yujin took a deep breath after Myungsoo left the room, she had told Myungsoo she was all right but the truth was that she was dying inside. Putting on a front the whole day was exhausting….after each day ended after she left Daehyun that day…it felt like half of her life was taken from her.

Her chest hurt, her heart hurt…every inch of her body hurt.

Yujin closed her eyes as she imagined Daehyun next to her, he had his arm around her and she was lying on his chest. He was smiling and looking at her, her hair…

A tear fell down Yujin’s cheek as she grabbed her pillow tighter.

She missed Daehyun’s scent….

She missed his voice…

She missed the feeling of his body pressed against hers….

But it was just so hard to forgive him.

 

The next morning, Daehyun woke up with an uneasy feeling in his stomach. He covered his mouth with his hand and quickly rushed out of his room towards the bathroom.

Daehyun grabbed the toilet bowl and started puking into it.

“Daehyun ssi, are you okay?!” Sora asked, rushing towards the bathroom.

Daehyun frowned as he pressed the flush button on the toilet bowl.

“Fine.” He mumbled, turning to the sink and splashing his face with water.

He was having a terrible headache.

“Ummm…come and have breakfast after you’re done washing up, I made you some hangover soup.” Sora told Daehyun as he shut the bathroom door.

A while later, Daehyun came out of the toilet and went to his room to grab his stuff and was about to leave the house when Sora stopped him.

“Daehyun ssi, where are you going? You haven’t had breakfast yet!” Sora called, grabbing Daehyun’s arm.

“You can have it…I’m not hungry…no appetite..”

“Yujin was probably sleeping already last night….I’m going to try her house again…I need to see her.” Daehyun replied like he was in a hurry.

Sora stared at Daehyun and then gave him a slap across his face.

Daehyun widened his eyes at Sora, wondering why she had slapped him.

“Daehyun ssi! Wake up!! Have you forgotten what happened yesterday!? You would have been beaten to pulp if I didn’t get there in time…”

“And here you are….telling me you want to go and see Yujin!? Get yourself together!! She doesn’t want you anymore! If she did….she wouldn’t have left with Myungsoo the other day!”

“I know you love her a lot…I know you swore if she came back you would never let her go…but I can’t just sit back and watch you ruin your life anymore! Please….don’t go and see Yujin anymore…you have so much more to live for…”

Sora sighed, staring at Daehyun with her eyes full with tears.

“No….you don’t understand…Yujin still loves me…maybe she just needs some time to herself right now….but we love each other…she won’t leave me!” Daehyun shouted, clenching his fist.

“Daehyun ssi….” Sora sighed.

“This is between me and Yujin okay….so you stay out of it.” Daehyun replied, swinging his hand out of Sora’s grip and walking out the gate.

“Don’t follow me.” He said, closing the gate behind him.

“Aiishhh…” Sora mumbled to herself, she couldn’t hold back her tears anymore and they just flowed down her cheeks.

“Idiot…” She said, wiping the tears from her eyes and walking towards her room.

 

“Where’s Chef Daehyun??” The head chef asked as he entered the kitchen.

“He’s absent today…” Chef Park replied.

“Why is he absent? Is he on sick leave that I don’t know about!?” The head chef demanded.

“He hasn’t been himself lately…the other day he left halfway as well..”

“I heard there were a lot of complaints from the guests about the food he made…does anyone know what’s wrong with him? If he doesn’t come to work I may very well have to fire him….” The head chef said.

“Uhhh…Chef! Daehyun has been having some personal problems lately…he just needs a few days to clear his brain…he’ll come back! Don’t worry…I’ll try to talk him around…don’t fire him..” Sora protested.

“Didn’t I say personal problems and work should be kept separate?”

“Yes Chef…I know…just give him a few days…”

“Very well…but he has to come back to work…by tomorrow…if not he’ll be fired! Tell him that.”

“Yes Chef!” Sora replied.

Sora sighed as she got back to work, there was no other choice…she had to meet up with Yujin.

 

At lunch, Sora grabbed her phone and dialed Yujin’s number.

“Please pick up..” She mumbled as the phone rang.

“You..have..a call…”

Yujin frowned as she picked up her phone, wondering who it was. The last time she had an unknown number call her…it was bad news.

“Yoboseyo?” Yujin answered.

“Unnie…it’s me…Sora.”

“Sora?” Yujin replied, a little shocked at who was calling.

“Are you free right now? I need to talk to you..”

Yujin didn’t know what to reply, she wondered if it was related to Daehyun.

“It’s important…I’ll meet you at De Chocolate Coffee okay?”

“See you.” Sora hung up, not waiting for Yujin to reply.

Yujin bit her lip as she lowered her ph

Please log in to read the full chapter