Attraction

Severely
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Daehyun was in a daze as he sliced into the pomegranate in front of him, just a few more days and they had to submit their recipe for the competition but he couldn’t concentrate at all….not when he knew…there was someone out there who looked exactly like Yujin.

“Daehyun ssi!” Sora raised her voice, after not getting a reply from Daehyun.

“Huh!?” Daehyun was jolted out of his thoughts, he pushed the knife down too hard and it sliced into his finger.

“Ahhh!!” Daehyun winced, dropping the knife and holding onto his finger which was bleeding profusely.

“Omo!” Sora exclaimed, running to his side and immediately pressing a cloth against Daehyun’s finger.

“Are you okay? You’ve not been yourself lately…” Sora gave Daehyun a worried look.

“I’m fine….just a small cut..” Daehyun mumbled, holding onto the cloth.

Sora sighed, she wished the girl that looked like Yujin didn’t appear…..if she didn’t Daehyun wouldn’t be acting the way he was now.

“I’ll go get the first aid kit…” Sora told Daehyun, walking out of the kitchen.

Daehyun sat on the chair, staring blankly into space again.

He wondered if he should go and find her…

He shouldn’t have let her go just now…

“Daehyun ssi….I know how you feel right now but we have to concentrate on the competition, you don’t want to lose your job do you?” Sora said, wiping the blood off Daehyun’s finger.

“We have to win the competition….I know you miss her, but you have a new life now..you can’t just let it slip away like that?” Sora continued.

She felt like Daehyun was going back to being the same person he was when she first met him…Daehyun was a part of her life now and she didn’t want to lose him.

“I know….Sora ssi…I’m sorry, it’s just…it just came as a big surprise to me.” Daehyun replied.

“Trust me okay? We can do this together!” Sora reached out and squeezed Daehyun’s shoulder.

She wanted so much to hug him and tell him everything was going to be all right and she would be there for him no matter what.

But she knew ultimately…Daehyun’s heart was still with Yujin.

Daehyun forced a smile.

“All right!” He said, taking a deep breath and standing up from the chair.

“I’ll do my best, I’m sorry….I know this competiton means a lot to you, we’ll win together okay!?” Daehyun grinned, patting Sora on her arm.

Sora smiled, this was it….the smiley and happy Daehyun that she wanted to see more often.

“Mmmm.” Sora nodded as they got back to work.

“Is your finger okay? If you can’t I’ll do the cutting.” Sora suggested.

“I’m fine!” Daehyun smiled.

“I’ve been through a lot more than this….a small cut is nothing to me.”

“Arasso arasso…our Daehyun is a big strong man..a small cut won’t affect him.” Sora teased and the both of them laughed together.

 

Myungsoo and Yujin sat at the dining table with Yujin’s parents, the table was quiet and nobody was saying anything.

Myungsoo mind was filled with Daehyun, he still couldn’t believe that he was working at the hotel and was so close to Yujin. Maybe he shouldn’t have agreed to take Yujin back to Korea.

Yujin was also thinking about Daehyun, the tone in his voice didn’t seem like he had mistaken her for someone else. Yujin could tell he was certain that she was the person he was looking for.

Who was Daehyun and how was he releated to her?

“Is everything okay? The both of you are awfully quiet, did you guys quarrel?” Yujin’s Mom asked.

Myungsoo looked towards Yujin, who had looked up from her food as well.

“Aaniyo eomoni….we’ve been out the whole day so Julia’s probably tired by now.” Myungsoo replied.

“Mmm..eomma, we're fine..” Yujin joined in.

Yujin’s Mom nodded thoughtfully.

“Julia, have more chicken…you’re getting skinnier.” Yujin’s Mom said, pushing the plate of chicken towards Yujin.

“Eomma, it’s okay….I’m full already, I’ll go up to my room first.” Yujin replied, getting up from her seat.

“Ohh…but you haven’t finished your food yet!” Yujin’s Mom called after her but she was already at the stairs.

“I’ll…go see if she’s okay.” Myungsoo quickly said, getting up from the chair as well, leaving Yujin’s parents sitting there wondering what was happening.

“Julia..” Myungsoo called, grabbing Yujin’s wrist, stopping her at the top of the stairs.

“Is…everything all right?” He asked.

Yujin sighed as she pulled Myungsoo into her room and closed the door behind him.

“Oppa…can you tell me honestly…” Yujin started, taking a seat at the dressing table.

“What?” Myungsoo asked, sitting on the bed facing Yujin.

“That guy just now….”

Myungsoo bit his lip, wondering if Yujin remembered who he was.

“You mean that bastard who was hugging you?” Myungsoo frowned.

“Oppa…do you know who he is? I don’t think he mistook me for someone else…do I know him?” Yujin asked, leaning forward.

“No….I’ve never seen him before…why are you so interested in him anyway!?” Myungsoo’s voice got louder.

“Oppa…why are you getting so worked up? I just wanted to know who he was…it’s like you know him and hate him for some reason!” Yujin retorted.

“No! I just…I just don’t like anyone other than me touching you okay?” Myungsoo replied, leaning forward and hugging Yujin tightly.

“You’re my girlfriend….he had his filthy arms all around you, what do you expect me to be nice to him?”

Yujin sighed as she rested her head on Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“Oppa….you won’t lie to me will you?”

“Julia….trust me okay? I’ll make you happy…” Myungsoo closed his eyes and hugged Yujin even tighter.

He would do anything, to keep Yujin by his side.

 

Daehyun placed the cake pan on the table, beaming at the masterpiece Sora and he made.

“Wahhh…looks good! Can’t wait to try it!” Sora said, pulling out the icing from the fridge.

“All that’s left is the icing!” Sora said, scooping up the light pink colored icing from the bowl and lathering it onto the cake.

Sora finished icing the cake and then they topped the cake with some pomegranate pods.

“Daehyun ssi, will you do the honors?” Sora grinned, passing Dae

Please log in to read the full chapter