Mind Games 2

Severely
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/n: Mind Games supposed to be One Chapter but I split it into two :D Enjoy~

 

 

“Sir! I’ve caught the real person responsible for the food poisoning, this is him!” Sora said, dragging Chef Lee in front of the policeman.

“Agasshi…we’ve not finished with the investigations yet..how do you…”

“I have proof!” She said, placing her handphone onto the table and playing the recording.

Daehyun got up from his corner and moved to the window as he heard the commotion outside.

“I’ve already done what you asked and framed Daehyun for the food poisoning…he’s already in the police station…how long more are you going to delay?” Beads of sweat started to form on chef lee’s forehead as he heard the recording being played.

“Can you explain this?” The policeman asked, looking crossly at chef lee and folding his arms in front of him.

“He wasn’t working alone, I grabbed the phone from him but the person at the other end didn’t speak.” Sora explained, passing chef lee’s phone to the police officer.

“He…he made me do it..I needed the money for my sister’s hospital bills…” Chef lee mumbled.

“I can’t go to jail! You can dial that number…I didn’t have any choice!”

“The line’s dead.” The police officer said.

“What!? Run a check on the number in your computer…I’m sure you can trace him!” Chef lee started to panic, it could be that Myungsoo wanted to make him the scapegoat since he already got caught.

He didn’t even get the money yet and now he had to go to jail for it.

“There’s no such number..” the police officier replied, tapping on the keyboard of the computer.

“It can’t be! Check again…wait! I have his namecard!” Chef lee said, tearing through his pockets and placing the card on the table.

“Kim Myungsoo…” The police officer read.

“Myungsoo…” Sora mumbled to herself.

“The number here is different from the one in your phone.” He said.

“Maybe he has two numbers!” Chef Lee replied.

The police officer picked up the phone and dialed the number on Myungsoo’s card.

 

Meanwhile at the hospital, Yujin was having her check-up done and Myungsoo was with her.

“Doctor, how’s her condition?” Myungsoo asked.

“Her condition is stable and the MRI showed there’s no problem with her brain as well. She’s recovering well, I don’t think you have to worry about a relapse.” The doctor said.

Myungsoo was about to answer another question when his phone rang.

“Stay here, I’ll answer the call outside.” Myungsoo told Yujin as he left the room.

“Is this Kim Myungsoo?” The police officer answered.

“Yes, who is this?” Myungsoo asked.

“Oh…I’m detective Baek from Gangnam Police Station…we’ve captured a man who supposedly is the one who poisoned the food at the Capelle hotel…he insists that you’re the one that instigated him and he didn’t act alone.” The Police officer explained.

“Haven’t you already captured the perpetrator? It’s all over the papers.” Myungsoo replied.

“Well…apparently…it isn’t him, we’ve just got the results of the fingerprint test and it didn’t match his…however, it's similar to Lee Man Chul’s (chef Lee)”

“Would you come over to the police station right now?”

“Look sir, but I’m a busy person….you know I don’t have a lot of time..and I also do not know anyone named Lee Man Chul…if you don’t have any evidence of me being involved in the crime I won’t be going over to the police station.” Myungsoo finished.

“Well, he has your name card…”

Myungsoo laughed.

“I give out my namecard a lot…I don’t even remember who I give them out to…it was probably about business.”

“All right, thank you for your time..I’ll contact you again if we need any help on the investigation.” The police officer hung up.

“He says he doesn’t know you.” He told Chef Lee.

“What!?”

“He’s right…we don’t have any evidence saying he was involved in the crime. Also, the phone number in your phone…doesn’t belong to him.”

“Sir, I’m sorry but can you hurry up and release Daehyun….we need to prepare for the baking competition.” Sora said impatiently.

“Oh yes, this way please..” He said, grabbing the keys and leading Sora to the holding cells.

“Sora ssi!” Daehyun called, smiling when he spotted Sora.

“Daehyun ssi! You’re free to go!” Sora grinned as Daehyun stepped out of the holding cell.

“How did you manage to find out who did it?!” Daehyun exclaimed.

“Ah…but of course! I’m Cha Sora! Nothing’s impossible for me!” Sora giggled.

“Aishhh…this kid…I really wouldn’t know what I would do without you.” Daehyun smiled, pinching Sora’s cheeks.

“Omo..omo…let goooo” Sora whined, hitting Daehyun’s hands.

They laughed together.

 

“Doctor, I have something to ask you..” Yujin started.

“Go ahead.”

“I’m slowly remembering lots of things after I came back to Seoul….but I still can’t remember anything about the accident…I feel as though something’s blocking me from remembering..why is that so?” Yujin asked, grabbing the handle of her bag.

“It’s normal…because you’ve experience a traumatic experience, you’re brain wants to protect you from feeling the pain or agony..so you can’t remember what happened.”

“What should I do so I can remember? Is there any way?”

“If you want to remember you can’t be afraid…pull down those barriers and let yourself remember everything…don’t be scared even of the painful memories. If you can do that..I’m sure you’ll be able to remember.”

Just then, Yujin’s phone rang.

“Dae…hyun…ie…”

“Daehyun ah! Did they release you already?” Yujin asked excitedly.

“Oooh…they did…all thanks to Sora, she found out who the real perpetrator was.” Daehyun smiled.

“That’s a relief…”

“Yujin ah, you’ll come an

Please log in to read the full chapter