A Second Chance?

Severely
Please log in to read the full chapter

At the hospital, Daehyun was given a drip. He had fainted due to dehydration and also exhaustion.

Daehyun opened his eyes as he sat up in bed, realizing that he was at the hospital.

“Why am I here?” he frowned.

He sat up in bed for a moment holding onto his head, trying to remember what had happened. What the maid at Yujin’s house had told him flashed back in his mind.

“Yujin has passed away, she won't come back to life even if you kneel here for days.”

Daehyun bit his lip to stop the emotions from engulfing him again, he wasn’t dreaming, it was real….Yujin was really gone.

Daehyun quickly grabbed the tube that was connected to his hand and yanked it off. He jumped off the bed and without putting on any shoes he stumbled across the room towards the exit.

Since Yujin wasn’t here anymore, he might as well die too so he can see her in heaven…and they can be together forever.

Daehyun grabbed the railing and he ran up the steps to the rooftop, he was still in the hospital clothes. He felt like there was no reason for him to leave anymore he just wanted to die. He regretted everything he did and he just wanted to see Yujin again to tell her how sorry he was.

Sora came back to the hospital ward carrying a plastic bag with Banana milk and a red bean bun inside. She figured Daehyun was going to be hungry when he wakes up so she decided to go to the convenience store nearby to get him something to eat.

“Oh…where did he go?” Sora mumbled, realizing Daehyun wasn’t in bed.

She frowned as she placed the plastic bag on the side table, realizing Daehyun had pulled the tube out.

“Where could he be?? He won’t do anything stupid would he?” she said to herself.

“Excuse me nurse, have you seen the patient here?” She asked the nurse who was passing by.

The nurse shook her head. “I haven’t seen him, but I’ll inform everyone to keep a look out for him.” She replied.

Sora nodded as she went back into the room, searching the bed for any clues. As she lifted the blanket off the bed, a piece of paper fell onto the floor.

“Oh.” Sora mumbled, bending down to pick up the piece of paper.

“Yujin ah…I know I’ve used up all my sorrys but this time I mean it…I was wrong..and I did you wrong. It was all my fault, I regret everything I did…but you’re not here anymore…it’s too late. I’m going to heaven to meet you now….I want to see you.wait for me.” The note read.

“What is this!? A suicide note!?” Sora exclaimed.

“Omo….it can’t be he wants to kill himself can it?”

“Omo…”

Sora threw the note back on the bed as she rushed out of the ward, something told her Daehyun would be at the top of the building trying to commit suicide…that was the easiest way wasn’t it?

“Aishhh…don’t die please!” she said to herself as she rushed up the steps as fast as her feet could carry her.

Daehyun took a deep breath as he looked out, it was peaceful here…at the top of the building. He wondered how Yujin was doing right now…he wondered if heaven was a better place than here.

The wind caught Daehyun’s hair as he stepped onto the ledge of the building.

“Would it hurt if I fell down from here?” He thought, looking down at the busy pavement below.

“Yujin ah….did it hurt when you died?”

A tear rolled down Daehyun’s cheek as he spread out his arms and closed his eyes. He was ready for this….

He was ready to die and meet Yujin in heaven….his place was with her and no one else.

“Yah!!! Don’t jump!!!” Sora screamed, rushing towards Daehyun and flinging her arms around his waist.

Daehyun’s eyes shot open as he felt Sora’s arms wrap around him.

“Yah! What are you doing!?” he protested, trying to wriggle out of Sora’s grip.

“I won’t let you die!!” she continued, tightening her grip and pulling Daehyun inside.

Sora kind of underestimated how much Daehyun weighed and started to fell backwards.

“Ahhh!!” she screamed as she went smashing into the ground and Daehyun on top of her.

Daehyun realized his face was too close to hers so he quickly got up from the ground.

“Yah! What were you trying to do!?” he demanded.

Sora slowly got up from the ground and dusted her jeans.

“You wanted to jump didn’t you? I was trying to save you!” she replied.

“Who told you I wanted you to save me!? If I wanted to die why don’t you just let me! Why interfere with my life?!” Daehyun blurted out.

“Yah! You should thank me for saving your life!!” Sora protested.

Daehyun stared at Sora, brushing past her shoulder and walking back inside.

A worthless person like him….was he even worth saving.

“Yah!!” Sora called after Daehyun, chasing him down the steps.

“I won’t try to kill myself anymore…you can stop following me.” Daehyun said.

“I was the one that found you….you fainted outside the hotel, I called the ambulance.” Sora explained.

Daehyun turned to take a look at Sora’s face, then he turned away again.

“You should have just left me….I’m not worth saving.” He replied.

“Don’t say that…no matter how bad a person you are….no one deserves to die.”

“Where are my clothes?” Daehyun asked, ignoring Sora.

“Oh, they’re here.” Sora re

Please log in to read the full chapter