Where you are, I'll wait for you

Severely
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Yujin ah, I bought you your favourite red tulips.” Daehyun smiled, placing the boquet in the vase next to the photoframe.

“I visited the playground yesterday night….I could still see our names clearly carved on that old tree…” Daehyun sighed, staring at Yujin’s picture.

“Daehyun ssi! Are you changed yet? Come out quickly and have breakfast.” Sora called from outside the door of Daehyun’s room.

“Coming!” Daehyun replied, grabbing his stuff and going out of the room.

 

“Omo…these waffles are really good! Oppa are you sure waffles weren’t my favourite food? Cause they’re delicious.” Yujin grinned.

Myungsoo cleared his throat and placed his fork onto the plate, he didn’t really have any appetite after Yujin suggested going back to Korea and the questions she asked him last night.

“Well…you always had a sweet tooth…” Myungsoo replied.

“Julia…do you not like it here? Why do you want to go back to Korea?” Myungsoo didn’t want to have idle talk anymore; he wanted to get things straight.

“Ah…No it’s not like that Oppa…I like it here, I like living with you but I want to see my parents.”

“Also…I’m not getting any of my memory back, I’m hoping if I go back to the place where I was born…maybe I’ll start to remember things.” Yujin explained.

“Oppa…you do want me to remember don’t you?”

“Of course….I just don’t want you to get hurt in the process.” Myungsoo replied.

His eyes were darting around the room, he seemed nervous.

“Oppa…don’t worry…I’ll be fine. I know you want to protect me, but finding my memory is important...I want to find out who I really am and learn to be myself again.” Yujin said, reaching out to touch Myungsoo’s hand.

“Very well….we’ll go to Korea, but promise me you won’t leave my side…”

“Where else would I go? Oppa…you’ve been by my side all this while, I’ll never forget what you’ve done for me.” Yujin had a sincere look on her face.

Myungsoo smiled a little, he felt better after Yujin said those words. It made him feel less afraid that he would lose her.

“But Oppa….can I ask you something?”

“What is it?” Myungsoo raised his eyebrows.

“Do I…..maybe…have a Korean name?” Yujin asked.

Those words sent a chill down Myungsoo’s spine, he knew it was wrong for him to lie to Yujin but this was what he had to do if he wanted to keep Yujin by his side.

“Well…no…why would you ask that?” Myungsoo said quickly.

Yujin frowned. “So…it’s just..Julia?”

“Yes…eomeoni and abeonim..thought it was a pretty name so they decided to name you Julia.” Myungsoo lied.

“Mmmm…” Yujin nodded thoughtfully.

She was about to open and ask Myungsoo what “DH” and “YJ” meant but something told her not to.

“You okay?” Myungsoo asked, seeing Yujin having an internal dilemma within herself.

“Ooh…yeah..I’m fine.” Yujin smiled as she took a sip of her orange juice.

Maybe all her questions would be answered when they returned to Korea.

 

“Everybody assemble!” The head chef ordered as the rest of the chefs piled into the kitchen and lined up.

Daehyun tugged at his baker’s hat as he fell into position, he glanced over at Sora who smiled back at him.

“I have an announcement to make.” The head chef started.

“The hotel is organizing a baking competition, all the pastry chefs are required to take part! The task would be to create and design a new dessert to add to the current menu..it can be anything, a cake, pastry, pie or you can even make a traditional Korean dessert like ricecake.”

“You will be judged on your creativity and the taste….do you all understand?”

Daehyun and Sora looked at each other excitedly, it was now Daehyun’s chance to show his skill and creativity and prove himself to everyone here.

“Here are the rules and explanation of the competition.” The head chef continued, passing out papers to everyone.

Daehyun’s eyes shone as he scanned the paper excitedly.

Please log in to read the full chapter