Thorn in the flesh

Severely
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/n: Hi guys! I'm back with an update, my exams are over now so I'll be updating regularly! Hope you enjoy this update~ :D

 

"What’s this??” Sora’s Mom asked, staring at the three plates of cake Daehyun and Sora placed on the table.

“Aiiishh…more cake? We’ve been eating cake for dinner for the past few days already.” Sora’s Mom complained.

“Eomma! We’re perfecting our recipe for the competition…Daehyun and I will cook the both of you a nice dinner after we win okay??” Sora replied.

“That’s right…don’t be so hard on them..they have to practice for the competition.” Sora’s Dad joined in.

“Appa’s the best!” Sora grinned.

“Please try it and tell us how it tastes…” Daehyun started.

“This one’s made with the rose petals, the second one is made with rose syrup and the third is made with rose water.” He explained.

Daehyun and Sora stared at them intensely for a reaction as they tried their masterpieces. They were able to come up with these three recipes after countless times of trial and error.

“How is it?” Sora asked.

“I think the one made with the rose water is the best.” Sora’s Mom commented.

Sora’s Dad nodded in agreement.

“Did you soak the cake in the rose water?” He asked.

“We thought of doing that at first but after trying it we realized using that method would make the cake too soggy so…we brushed the rose water on with a brush instead.” Daehyun explained.

“It’s the best out of the three…the rose syrup is too sweet and the strong taste of the crushed rose petals are too overwhelming…but you might want to try adding some fruit to enhance the taste.” Sora’s Dad suggested.

“Fruit?” Daehyun asked curiously.

“Yes…maybe some berries or pomegranate…that would compliment the taste.”

Daehyun nodded as he turned to Sora, who liked the idea as well.

“Ahjussi, you give good advice….have you worked as a baker before?” Daehyun asked.

“Appa…was an apprentice at a famous bakery before I was born!” Sora explained.

“He baked the best breads in town! But now he’s retired..”

“Why didn’t you continue baking?” Daehyun asked.

“Well…there was another apprentice other than me…and we didn’t see eye to eye, so in the end I let him have master’s secret recipe and we went our separate ways.” Sora’s Dad explained, looking a little solemn.

“Ahhh….I’m sorry for asking….” Daehyun said quickly.

“It’s okay, it’s all in the past now.” Sora’s Dad smiled.

“I’m sure our Sora can do better than I did.”

“Appa! I’ll do you proud!” Sora grinned.

Daehyun smiled, he wondered what it was like to have supportive folks like Sora’s parents.

 

Yujin was in her room searching the stuff around her, she wondered if she could find anything here that would remind her of the past.

Or at least the parts that Myungsoo didn’t want her finding out about.

Yujin sat at her dressing table, slowly pulling open the small drawer. Yujin placed her hand inside the drawer, it was empty…or at least it seemed like it was.

As Yujin reached her hand inside further, she felt something at the corner of the drawer.

“Oooh….” She mumbled to herself as she grabbed hold of the long chain-like thing and pulled it out of the drawer.

Yujin ran her fingers over the chain, it was a charm bracelet…there was a heart charm and a rabbit charm and a cupcake charm hanging from the bracelet.

“What’s this…” Yujin frowned.

“Julia, are you ready yet?” Myungsoo called, knocking on Yujin’s bedroom door.

He was going to take her for lunch by the han river and then shopping at Myeongdong.

“Ooh…I’ll be right there!” Yujin called, pushing he drawer shut and stuffing the bracelet into her bag.

 

Sora and Daehyun were walking towards the hotel, on their way to work.

They were talking and chatting happily when Daehyun spotted a girl standing in front of the entrance of the hotel, she seemed like she was waiting for someone.

Daehyun widened his eyes as he realized that she was the girl he met at the club the other time.

“Omo!” Daehyun exclaimed, shrinking himself behind Sora.

“Wae??” Sora frowned at Daehyun’s sudden movements.

“Just…let me hide behind you until we get to the kitchen okay?” Daehyun told Sora.

“Jung Daehyun!” The girl’s voice sounded as he walked towards Sora.

Daehyun crouched behind Sora’s back as he heard his full named being called.

“Don’t think I can’t see you!” She said, standing in front of Sora.

“Who’s this?” Sora frowned, looking at the girl from head to toe.

She was wearing a tight and short dress and heels and had lots of makeup on.

“Daehyun ssi! Why didn’t you call me?? I’ve been waiting for your call you know?? You had to make me come all the way here to find youu..” She whined, pouting.

“Sss ssoorry….I think you got the wrong person.” Daehyun stuttered.

“No…I’m right…it’s you Daehyun ssi..” She said, grabbing Daehyun’s arm and pulling him to the front.

“Aisshh…” Daehyun mumbled, turning his face away from the girl.

“Daehyun ssi….are you avoiding me??” She continued in her high-pitched voice.

“Yah, are you done?” Sora snapped, staring at the girl.

The girl stamped her high heels in front of Sora and stared back at her, Sora had to look up because she was wearing sneakers and wasn’t as tall as the girl.

“Who's this? Is she your girlfriend?!” The girl demanded, staring at Daehyun.

Daehyun was about to reply when Sora spoke.

“Yeah! I’m his girlfriend!” She said.

“Daehyun doesn’t want to see you anymore! So you better stop pestering him…or you’ll get it from me! Arraso!?” Sora scoffed.

“Daehyun ssi, let’s go.” She told Daehyun, grabbing his arm and pulling him away.

“Ooohhh…” Daehyun stammered, still surprised at what Sora did.

“Yahh!!” The girl screamed after them, but they were already inside the hotel.

“Wahhhh Sora ssi you were so cool back there!” Daehyun grinned.

“Daehyun ssi…..I’m disappointed in you…”

“I didn’t know you were that kind of guy.”

“What!? What kind of guy…?”

Sora sighed, pulling open the door of the locker room and going inside.

“Yah…Sora ssi…what do you mean THAT kind of guy?” Daehyun followed after her.

“I thought you only loved one girl…and you were the devoted kind…I didn’t know you were into that kind of woman.” Sora shook her head.

“Sora ssi, you're mistaken…” Daehyun tried to defened himself.

“Mistaken? She was there right in front of me.”

“It’s….It’s not like that….that was just….one mistake…I didn’t mean it…” Daehyun continued.

“I only love Yujin…It’s true…”

“If you say soo…” Sora rolled her eyes at Daehyun.

Daehyun sighed as he watched Sora get to work, he really hated himself for making all those stupid mistakes.

“Yah, Daehyun ssi….what are you doing standing there? We have to prepare for the breakfast spread.” Sora called out.

“Ooh! Arasso!” Daehyun said quickly, rushing to work.

Daehyun grinned at Sora apologetically as she shook her head at him.

 

Yujin and Myungsoo was walking down the streets of Myeongdong, they had done a lot of shopping and Myungsoo had a few bags in his hands.

“Stand here and I’ll take a picture of you.” Myungsoo smiled, holding Yujin’s shoulders and positioning her in the middle of the street where there were shops on both sides.

“Smile!” Myungsoo said, aiming his camera and snapping a picture.

“How is it?” Yujin asked, walking to Myungsoo’s side.

“Beautiful…” Myungsoo grinned, browsing through the pictures on the camera screen.

Yujin chuckled, hoo

Please log in to read the full chapter