Him

I Still Love You

Suzy

        I waited at the bus stop with my sister, Sulli. I feel so sleepy today and we haven't reach school yet. I bet I'm gonna pass out in class.

        I yawn for the millionth time that morning.

          "I never knew your mouth can open up that big! " a voice spoke playfully. I immediately close my mouth and scoffed. The devil has come. I turned my head to the side to give a death glare at Jonghyun. He playfully laughed as he came to stand by my side.

          Sulli hugged Soojung the moment they met. I stare at them.

             "Ergh that's how you act when you were in middle school" Jonghyun spoke again.

             Can he shut up?

            I glared at him again. I stare to the front and said , "Don't annoy me today. I'm tired "

            He laughed and bowed to me, "As you wish princess " he said and grinned.

             I scoffed but then I laughed along too.

          The bus came and we all boarded together.

            When we reached school we're walking side by side because Jonghyun wants to walk with me. He was quiet the whole time and I was surprised he respected that I don't want to talk because I'm tired. I said nothing about it in case it backfires me somehow.

           We reached the gate then a black car stopped by us abruptly and the door opened. It was Soohyun. He was surprised to see us . Jonghyun and I were too. I don't know why at the back of my throat I feel like  greeting him.

            But he just closed the car door and left after giving us a brief glance. I just watched as he walked alone to the school building.

             "Psh , arrogant" Jonghyun mumbled from beside me. He bumped my shoulder and said, "Let's go "

                I said nothing but I followed him.

 

*

 

               It's finally lunch time but I don't feel like eating at all. I feel so tired and I couldn't sleep a blink inside Maths class earlier. Mr Yang always called my name to ask questions. He always does that because he knows I was going to sleep. I thought he wouldn't teach my class this year but he did so he always targets me to answer question at the front.

             " Yah, you're not coming?" Jiyeon asked as she came to my table. She's wearing makeup today. I was surprised she was even in class for Maths. She barely enter Maths class because she hates the subject and just like me, Mr Yang targets her too.

           " Erm, I'm tired. " I said and she pat my head . "Alright. I'll tell IU you're not coming. Bye!" she said and left.

            I took a long deep sigh and lay my head on my desk. "Ah, so tired " I mumbled while closing my eyes. As I thought I was already slowly drifting to sleep, someone knocked on my desk. My eyes automatically opened.

              I was surprised to see Soohyun looking down at me.

            "Are you sick? " he asked. My mouth was slightly open because I was still stunned. 

          I was too stunned to see anything. His face just caught me off guard.

           He noticed I wasn't answering and looked around. He then added , "Do you want me to call the teacher for you?"

           Before he actually going to call the teacher for me , I immediately said , "No! I'm not sick. I'm just uh..on a diet"

         He frowned. " You look fit to me " he said.

         Unknowingly, I blushed at his statement. "Ha ha ha.. " I laughed to wash away my awkwardness. " It's girls problem ,you know. Boys don't understand " I said.

        He slightly smiled. "Okay, then. I'll go now "

        I nodded "Uh, yeah.." I replied.

        "Nice talking to you " he said and left right after.

          And there again, I blushed pink at his statement.

          I continued to sleep after Soohyun left. After I woke up, the other students are already in class which means lunch time is over. I lifted my head and rubbed my face and there I notice a red beans bun on my desk. I took it and looked around and then my eyes stopped at Soohyun. He was looking at me too and he smiled.

         In response, I smiled back thankfully.

         He actually bought it for me.

 

*

            We walked back together , IU and I. IU's mom is going to pick us up at school. Along with IU's brother, Lee Jinki. While we waited for IU's mom to arrive , IU said " Jiyeon told me there's a new cute guy in your class "

          She emphasize the 'cute' . I was surprised she said that. As I remember , Jiyeon wasn't even in class yesterday. IU noticed I didn't reply and nudged me , "Well? Is it true? " she asked.

         "There is a new student. " I said.

          "Is he cute?" she asked. "I don't know" I replied blankly.

          IU laughed and pushed me lightly. "What's gotten into you? " she said and keep laughing.

          I frowned. "What? "

          She shook her head as her laughter fades.

         " I bet he's cute " she added quietly but I ignored it.

 

          IU dropped me off at my house and I waved her and her mother goodbye and thanks. I sighed and got into my house. "I'm homeee! " I said outloud as a habit. Surprisingly , someone replied "Oh you're home?" my mom said as she came running to hug me.

           "Oh? You're not at work? "

          My mom grinned "I came back for a bit because I need to fetch a few things. I cook you some food so you don't have to order. It's on the table. "

         "Wow. Thanks mom " I said, touched. I always come back home feeling hungry but was too tired to cook so sometimes I order take-outs or if I'm too lazy to answer the door, I just go to sleep. My parents come back at night so I'm always alone at home with my youngest sister, Sunhwa. Sulli always go to Soojung's house after school. They're close like that. I'm jealous sometimes. Soojung's mom AKA Jonghyun's mom  always at home because she's a housewife. And she's a great cook.

         I feel shy to follow Sulli to her house although Soojung always invited me. I feel like I'll be a burden and I'm not even Jonghyún's friend. I mean, we're friends as in classmates , we're not good friends.

         I told my mom I'm going to shower first and she nodded.

        After I changed myself into comfortable pink sweater and grey sweatpants , I went down and heard laughters from the kitchen.

          I entered the kitchen and saw Jiyeon was laughing with my mother on the dining table. "Oh , Jiyeon? What are you doing here? " I asked , approaching the table too to take a seat. I sat beside her .

       She pouted at me. " As usual " she said and continued eating.

        I nodded and pouted also. 

         Jiyeon's parents are always busy with work. Her mother's a lawyer and her dad is the head of a hospital so they're super busy. She's the only child so she's always lonely. A lot of times, she'll come to my house to have some company so she's close to my mom too. My mom adores her. She said if she has a son , she wants Jiyeon to be her daughter-in-law. Jiyeon's very good with elders and winning people's hearts.

        Soon, my mom left again for work so it's just me and Jiyeon.

         "Do you think that new guy in our class cute? " she asked,out of the blue.

          I stopped eating but then resume. I replied coolly, "Who? Kim Soohyun?"

           She hit the table and said excitedly "Oh! Right, right. That's his name. He's cute right?"

        I chuckled " Uh yeah. Whatever you say so"

         Jiyeon continued giggling happily. Gosh she's so happy.

        Jiyeon has dated a bunch of guys but they're all short term relationships. I think she might be interested in Soohyun. That kinda explains why she's not cutting class anymore . She even put effort to wear makeup!

          But I doubt he's easy to approach.

     

*

 

          Jiyeon poked my shoulder that morning from the back. I turned around and raised my eyebrows . We are currently voting for class president and vice president.

         "What ?" I asked . "Can you nominate me as the vice president ? Pleasee" She said and pouted.

         I  sighed and turned to the front . I slowly lifted my hand ..

         "Ah, yes . Suzy ?" Mrs Kang said.

        I put down my hand. "I nominate Park Jiyeon ".

           The boys cheered because they all love Jiyeon. Jiyeon smiled and playfully flipped her hair. I turned to the back to look at Jiyeon and she gave me a flying kiss. I also noticed Soohyun was looking at me too, amused.  

          "Okay, who vote for Park Jiyeon ,please raise your hand

           Almost the whole class vote for her including him ,he lifted up his hand to vote for her and look at me several times "Okay , Park Jiyeon is the Vice President" Mrs Kang announced .

          Ok Taecyeon got to be the class President since everybody voted for him ,including me. Most of us know each other since middle school so we're all close. I looked at Taecyeon since most of the students are gathering around him after Mrs Kang leave the class. He's popular among guys and girls because he's friendly and easy-going. Him and I were super close in middle school but we drifted apart  when we entered high school because he dates a lot of girls and I don't want to bother him.

         All of his girlfriends hate my presence so I better just leave his side.

         I do have a crush on him. Only IU knows about it. I've liked him since the third year of middle school. I realized I like him when I was hurt  he stood me up for his girlfriend. Since then , I control myself whenever I'm around him.

        I stared at Taecyeon as he laughed with his friends. Then he glanced at me and caught me staring. I blushed.

         He grinned at me and winked.

           I lightly scoffed at him and look away. But my heart was beating madly in my chest.

*

         At the lunch table, Jiyeon blurted out the moment she sat down. "You know what guys! Kim Soohyun voted for me as the vice pres. too ! Ah I'm so happy he voted for me even though I doubt he knows me" she talked giddily as she gripped her fork with so much force.

          " Tsk. He probably did that because everyone is doing the same " IU said. Jiyeon glared at her and mumbled quietly "Psh, mood breaker"

            "Vice pres. ? Cool, congrats! " Eunjung said. Jiyeon leaned in and said happily , "Thanksssss!!"

             I laughed lighly as IU rolled her eyes.

           " Suzy nominated me . Thank you Suzy ah, you're the best. Jjang!" she said, holding up a thumbs up for me.

I smiled in return. She's so cheerful.

          "The whole class voted for Taecyeon. That's why I asked Suzy to nominate me!" Jiyeon said.

           I stopped eating and looked at her. What does she means?

           "What do you mean? You sounded like you like him" Eunjung said and she laughed. She opened her cola and took a sip.

           " I do like him. " Jiyeon confessed suddenly making Eunjung choked on her drink. I patted her back and gave her my plain water .

          IU turned to Jiyeon. "You like him?" she asked. All I could do was stare at her. No way she likes him. I mean I know Jiyeon dates a lot but she usually date someone older and not someone from our school.

           Without I realized, IU was staring at me apologetically. "Suzy " she called and I looked at her, stunned. "Huh?" I replied. "You're not eating" she said, smiling warmly at me. She knew I liked Taecyeon and still do.

         Jiyeon and Eunjung looked weirdly at me.

 

       Eunjung continued asking her questions. "But I thought you like the new guy? You keep talking about him "

        "I just said he's cute. I never said I liked him" she replied with a cool face.

        One thing I'm sure about her, she can't be serious at anything. She gets bored fast. And she doesn't care others' feelings much. That's why IU cannot stand her.

          I remembered what IU said to me once ago.

        " You're too nice. How can you trust her just because you thing her ignorance is her charm? Who knows when she will hurt you"

            Now I somehow understands why IU doesn't trust people easily.

 

 

A/N: pretend Sunhwa and Sulli's surname is Bae ;D