Hurt

I Still Love You

9.Suzy's POV

 

    I encountered Jonghyun when I walked in a café near my neighbourhood. “ Kim Jonghyun! “ I greeted him cheerfully. I tap him on the shoulder and smile at him. He seems surprised as he glanced at me like he was taken aback by my sudden appearance. Nevertheless, I didn’t lose the smile on my face.

    Shockingly, he didn’t respond like he usually does –which is smirking and teasing me back. Instead, he quickly looks away like he’s avoiding me. I took a step closer to him, “ Is something wrong?” I asked. He backed away from me which really caught me off guard. Am I doing something wrong?

    I step back from him, feeling embarrassed.

    He coughed a bit and glance a second at me. “I’ll go first “ he said, quietly, it’s almost inaudible.

     ‘ I’ll go first ‘ ???? He didn’t even greet me back. He just left! This sort of creeps me out. Kim Jonghyun never acts like that. I’ve never see him so… serious. I shook it off and proceed to order my drink.       

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

      Once I got out of the café, I took a deep breath. That was close. She must’ve thought I’m avoiding her.

     Well, I am avoiding her.

 

[This is a flashback]

    “Jiyeon ah! “ I called. I was walking in the hallway from the teacher’s office when I saw Jiyeon coming out of the bathroom. I rarely see her these days.

    She glanced at me then rolled her eyes. She just walked away from me –literally avoiding me. Pssh, how rude.

    Well, that’s expected of her.

   I ran to catch up to her. Doesn’t hurt to walk with her to the front gate right? I hate walking alone. I like to chat. She looks like she’s lonely. She needs someone to talk to right? I know I’m nosy!

   When I got to beside her. She grunted “ Ugh, what do you want?” she said under her breath. I giggled. “ I’m not trying to hit on you , okay? Don’t worry “ I said, with a toothy smile. She shook her head, sort of dismissing me. I glanced at her. She looks moody.

   “ Did something happen? You look like you’re in a bad mood” I said.

 “ Because I am” she replied without looking at me. I pressed my lips together and nodded. “ Yeah… You didn’t even come in class “ I said, trailing off. I glanced at her again, waiting for her response. As expected of Park Jiyeon, no response.

   I stopped suddenly in front of her, getting near her face just to get her attention. And I succeeded! She stopped in her tracks, wide eyed and mouth open.

  “ Ah! “ I yelped when she kicked my shin. I bounced around, biting my lip. That’s quite painful. “ You idiot! What do you think you’re doing?!” she screamed at me. Thank God the hallway is empty or we’ll get a bunch of people staring at us.

    I looked up to her and grinned. “ Just want your attention” I said. I stood up properly again and smirked at her. “Ugh! “ she groaned again as she glared at me. She blows her bangs angrily. I got near her face again. She stared right into my eyes, with a slight frown but she said nothing. “ You have pretty eyes” I said.

   The tip of her lips lifted. There was a hint of smile on . I smiled as well. “ Now you look like the pretty Park Jiyeon boys raved about “ I said, feeling delighted. She didn’t lose that expression on her face. “ I thought you said you’re not gonna hit on me “ she said.

   I hold my hands up, surrendered. “ My mistake” I said. This time she laughed a bit. Pretty. She started walking and I walked beside her. “ I guess you’re fighting with your pretty best friend? “ I said. She seems stunned by it but regained her composure. She clicked her tongue and laughed bitterly. “Best friend “ she muttered.

   “ What’s wrong? “ I asked. She looked very serious for a moment. But not the ready-to-kill look she always have but I-feel-betrayed look on her face.

   She glanced at me and let out a bitter laugh again. “ You don’t know? “ she said.

   I raised my brows.

  “ She and Taecyeon are dating “ she said, sounding disgusted. She continued laughing bitterly, like she didn’t believe it.

   I don’t blame her. Even I don’t believe it.

  Or to be exact, I cannot accept it.

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy’s POV

   Once I got home, I felt empty and lonely. I was really happy when I bumped into Jonghyun. As must as I hate him in the past, and a little bit every now and then, I must admit he has the ability to make my day with his annoying nosy attitude. I thought meeting him at the café just now would actually make my day, a little bit.

   I guess I’m wrong. Even he has his bad days.

  I think I was too into my emotions when I asked to break it off with Taecyeon. Somehow, I I feel like I made a mistake. Should I apologize? That certainly won’t settle with my ego. I thought I won’t be affected by it but I guess I am. But I just hate the way he ordered me. I can have my damn fair share of who I can have as my friends.

   I suddenly feel like I’m totally lost. Jiyeon hates me. Now, maybe Jonghyun’s tired of me. I only have IU now, but I don’t wanna burden her with my problems. It’s true what they say. The worst thing to fight with your friends is because of a guy. Ugh, I suddenly feel disgusted by myself. I feel ugly. I don’t feel like I’m me anymore.

   My phone beeped from my cardigan’s pocket as a notification came in. I pulled it out and rolled my eyes when it was actually a game invite from Sulli. “ She really has a lot of time, huh?” I mumbled. I clicked on it and accept. After I settle everything with the game, I pressed BACK and saw a new notification on my news feed on FACEBOOK.

    It piqued my interest so I scrolled down the post.

   Kim Jjong – so you guys are dating. Should I congrat? I can’t accept. I’m not sorry.

  Kim Jjong- can’t stop thinking about it. Why him ,not me?

  Kim Jjong- I cheer her up when she’s down. I was there for her. I guess that’s not enough.

               ~Goo HyeSun- Hey, you can’t force love!

     My mouth was slightly agaped unconsciously. Why do I feel like it’s directed to me? He seems drunk from this posts? He’s quite rebellious, I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually had gotten drunk while he wrote this.

    But from this post…

    IF he is directing to me, why does it sounds like he.. likes me?

 

 

 

    The next day, I came early to class and was a bit surprised to see Jonghyun at his seat. I suddenly felt nervous, and awkward. Gosh, it’s killing me!

     I walked passed him, rather quickly, to get to my seat which is behind him. Suddenly, I feel regret sitting so close to him. The tension is suffocating me. I just sat on my chair, suddenly feel like my legs are sweating from the nervousness. Gosh, why am I shaking?!

   I put down my bag to the side and sneak a glance at him through my bangs. He didn’t budge. As if he didn’t notice I was there. I felt a bit disappointed. I leaned on my seat and stared at the back of his head, testing if he’ll turn around to look at me.

  He didn’t. My shoulders sunk.

  I know it’s weird for me to be acting like this. Just a month ago, I was avoiding him at all cost but here I am, waiting for his attention.

   Just like that, the class filled in and lessons started. I wasn’t 100% focus as my eyes revert now and then to him as he stayed in his position for 3 lessons straight.

   Only until lunch that he finally changed his position. He closed his books and put it in his bag then he got up and left. I was looking at him and he didn’t looked back once. Even just a glance.

  I sighed. Gosh, what’s wrong with him? I was reminded by the posts he posted last night. This morning when I checked, it’s gone. Suddenly, I thought if what I saw was true. Or was I just hallucinating.

   “ Suzy “

   I turned around to the voice. It’s my classmate, Goo Hyeseon. “ I think Jonghyun has a crush on you….” She said, giggling. I blinked a few times , slightly blushing as that statement is kinda flattering. “ W-what? “ I faked laugh loudly, dismissing it. But the flush on my face didn’t wash away.

   Now I remembered Hyeseon did reply to his post yesterday. So I wasn’t hallucinating!

   Hyeseon grinned at me and pat me on my back. Then she just left. Leaving me flustered. Oh my God. I don’t know what to do.

    Alright. It’s not confirmed yet. Maybe Jonghyun was talking about someone else?! Right?! I shouldn’t jump to conclusions. ESPECIALLY when it involves me!

     “ Hey “ a deep voice spoke. My attention goes to him. I was taken aback when Soohyun is still at his desk, beside me. I looked away with horror. Did he hear what Hyeseon said!?! Oh my God! That’s embarrassing!

    His expression looks like he’s clueless about it. I stare back at him. He frowned a bit “ You’re not going out for lunch?” he asked. I shook my head lazily.

   “ Let me guess. Feeling sick again? “

    I shook my head again, slightly pouting this time. ALERT! Not trying to be cute! Please DO NOT misunderstand. I rest my head on the desk as I blew on my bangs, the unsettling feeling filled my stomach. Soohyun’s head followed my head. He tilted his head to face me. I smiled a bit. He’s cute.

    He grinned a bit.  “ Okay, then. I’ll go take my lunch. I’m hungry” he said and pat my desk as he got up. I smiled at him “ Okay byeeee”. He grinned in return and left. At least, I still have him as my classmate who I can still talk to. I smiled to myself –feeling happy.

    I didn’t realize I was sleeping when I suddenly woke up to the noise in the classroom. Lunch time is over. My eyes begins to focus and I saw a plastic wrapped bun on my desk. I looked passed the bun and saw Soohyun reading his book. He glanced at me and closed the book. “ Oh you woke up” he said.

    I sit up and touched the bun. “I thought you might get hungry “ he said. I grinned at him, “ As expected, Kim Soohyun” I said. He chuckled. I turned my gaze to the front. Jonghyun is not back yet.

 

    I walked home alone that day. IU has meetings with her debate team. And well I’m not really on good terms with my other friends. Soohyun… I don’t think our friendship has reached that level yet. On my walk, I was thinking about Jonghyun and what Hyeseon told me. Is it true? He likes me?

   I shook my head. No way.

   Why would he even likes me?

    I sighed. 

   Suddenly, a car stopped abruptly next to me. I slightly gasped, shocked. What if it’s a kidnapper?

    The window to the car lowers and I saw Jiyeon’s Mom tilting her head to look at me. “ Omo Suzy ah! “ she called. I bowed politely. “ Hello, Jiyeon’s Omma” My eyes went to the back door window. I bet Jiyeon’s in there. Well, why shouldn’t she be in there? Her mom’s came to pick her up!

    “ Come in! I’ll take you home” she said, lovingly. I bowed again. “Ah, yes” I said. I approached the back door and opened it carefully. As expected and obvious, Jiyeon is sitting at the back seat.

   Is this okay, though?

   I got in and closed the door. Her mom turned, she smiled widely at me. “ I haven’t seen you in a long time! I was so busy” she said, cheery. I laughed while nodding. Her mom smiled again looking at me and Jiyeon back to back. Then, she drives.

    The car ride was silent. I wonder if Jiyeon’s the one who asked her mom to stop the car for me.

   Hah, stop hoping Suzy. I smiled bitterly to myself.

   “ What are you smiling about?”

    I turned to my side. Jiyeon just talked to me. I blinked at her. She just stare right back at me with a blank face. “Uhh..” I suddenly felt awkward. What do I do? What do I say?

    I coughed a bit. “Nothing” I said.

    She took in the answer and looked out the window.

    As the car is turning to my neighbourhood, Jiyeon spoke. “ Tomorrow we should go to school together. “ she said, looking to the front. “ Uhh, yeah. Sure”  I replied, staring at her. She stayed silent. “ Um, where should I wait you at?” I tried to do a conversation.

       “ Bus stop”

       I stare at her. She looked back at me. “ I just feel like riding a bus tomorrow” she said, smiling. I smiled back.

     Then, she giggled. I guess we’re good now.

     

     I got in my house, took off my shoes, and ran upstairs. I thought about Jonghyun. I feel like the reason he posted that indirect message on FB was for me to see. Maybe he wanted me to see it. I suddenly feel like I have wronged him.

    I sat at my study desk and opened up my laptop. I logged into my FB and decided to leave a post too. I’m not one to be posting touchy feely stuff on the internet, but I think this is the only way I could reach him.

      Suji- I wanted to tell you, I’M SORRY.  Please talk to me . I kinda miss you.

    OKAY. Maybe I should’ve left out the “I kinda miss you” part. But I didn’t. Because I really did miss him. I bit my nails as I clicked UPDATE.

 

 

 

 

****HELLO GUYS!!! REALLY APPREACIATE THE NEW SUBSCRIBERS. THANK YOU! YOU GUYS MADE MY DAY. PLEASE COMMENT ALSO. COMMENTS MOTIVATES ME. SARANGHAEYOOOOOO~~

BTW WHO'S OBSESSED WITH TWICE'S CHEER UP? ME!