Caught

I Still Love You

 

      I wonder why I felt hurt when he made an expressionless face when I looked at him just now. I sighed.

      “ I guess you don’t wanna dance with me” Jonghyun suddenly said, making me looked up. Suddenly, I realized. I’m actually dancing with him and we’re currently swaying from side to side along with others on the dance floor. I was in a daze while thinking about –Soohyun.

     I shook my head. “ I’m sorry. Just thinking about something “ I said. He chuckles and pushed my head with his finger. “ Don’t look so serious “ said Jonghyun. “ It makes me feel weird “ he added.

    I smiled and nodded at him. We began dancing and laughing together as it suddenly turned into an upbeat song.

    He stopped dancing to catch his breath but I didn’t.

   “ Suzy ah” he suddenly said, with a hint of seriousness in his voice. That caught me off guard as it unknowingly sent chills down my spine. “ Hm? “ I stopped dancing and looked up at him. He stared at me so seriously, I think I might blush.

    “ What’s wrong? “ I asked.

    He held up his hand and suddenly touched my hair and ruffled it. I looked up at him, shocked. What is he doing? I thought.

    “ You got something on your hair “ he said, grinning at me widely, showing his teeth –it almost looked wicked, like he’s making fun of me. Typical Jonghyun. I rolled my eyes and then I glared at him because of the state of my hair right now.

   “ You’ll pay for this “ I said, exaggerating my angry face.

   He smiled back at me. He looked bitter –like he’s forcing to smile. I suddenly felt a pang in my heart. What is going on?

    “  Well, I want to check out some hot girls around here “ he said, putting his hands in his pockets as he back away from me. His usual smirk was plastered on his face again. “ See ya! “ he waved and left into the crowd. I was left standing there alone.

   I sighed. This night didn’t go as planned.

   I haven’t reconcile with Soohyun too.

   I slightly shook my head. I don’t want to think about him. At all.

“ Suzy sshi ? “ someone called me from behind and I turned slowly. I showed him a puzzled face as a senior guy suddenly called after me, motioning me to come to him. “ Follow me “ he said. I looked around and even behind me to see if he’s actually really talking to me. I don’t even know him.

   He slightly laughed at my behavior and approached me. I backed away, suddenly feeling scared. Did I do something wrong?

   When he got near me, I recognized his face. It’s Junho sunbae. A friend of Jinki Oppa’s –IU’s brother.

   “ Sunbae, wha- “ before I could say anything, he pulled me with him out of the crowd.

 

Soohyun’s POV

 

 I knew I shouldn’t have come tonight. I came because I thought I could make it up to her and tell her that I’m sorry about what I said to her. Although, I do still think she shouldn’t have gave in to that guy, I knew I somehow had hurt Suzy, so I want to apologize.

   I guess I’m a coward or too egoistic because the moment that guy –Jonghyun, asked her to dance, I couldn’t say anything anymore. I sighed, feeling stupid.

   I walked to the place I had parked my car, readying to leave. I noticed a group of girls staring at me when I stood alone by the food area, looking at Suzy and Jonghyun both having fun. I left before they could even pursue me. I’m certainly not in the mood to entertain or even be nice to anyone.

    “ Kim Soohyun! “ someone suddenly called my name. I turned with an annoyed face. I didn’t even attempt to hide it.

    An unfamiliar face showed up and I raised my eyebrows in question at him. “ Follow me “ he said. I brushed him off as I turned to unlock my car, my back facing him. Suddenly, he grabbed me in the arm and when I tried to yank it off, he grabbed me tighter. “ I’m sorry but you have to come with me”

    Why the heck is he sounding like a police now?

    He pulled me with him and I had to follow him with much confusion plus annoyance. I couldn’t get away because he’s way stronger than me in built and strength.

   Unexpectedly, he pulled me back inside the hall. I began to get really angry because I’m not in the best mood so I angrily said “ Will you let go of me now?!”

   The guy turned and smirked at me. “ Okay “ he said and pushed me against a wall, almost making me stumble. I glared at him. Then, suddenly I felt a bump from beside me.  

   I looked down to see a person –almost stumbling, is beside me. She looked familiar until I noticed it’s her. It’s Suzy.

  When she stood properly, she shouted “ Junho Sunbae! You shouldn’t push someone so hard like that! What if I fell just now?! “

   The sunbae grinned at her  “ But you didn’t “ he replied, casually. They looked close.

   Suzy, finally noticing she had bumped to someone, turned her head slowly to look up at me. She widened her eyes when she saw me.

   “ Stop staring at each other guys” that Junho sunbae called out to us and we both turned to the front. A light suddenly flashed, hurting our eyes. He’s taking our picture.

   He leaned back to look at the photo he had captured. He laughed. “ Nice shock expression ,guys. Smile to the camera ,please “ he said as he standby to take another picture.

   Suzy looked at me and so did I. Then, she suddenly turned away, her face heating up as she blushed pink. An expression that I like on her because she looks so pretty when she’s shy. My heart warms up, the feeling of happiness traveled across my body.

   “ Come on, smile to the camera “ Junho sunbae said once again and we both looked to the front and smiled awkwardly at the camera. And the photo was taken.

   He leaned back to take a look at the picture and nodded in satisfaction. “ The visual is strong in this one “ he chuckles. “ You guys look good together. You two match “ he commented, this time, even I blushed at the statement just like Suzy.

  I rubbed the my nape awkwardly and glanced at Suzy who’s also feeling awkward. Junho sunbae dismissed both of us and said he’ll contact us when the photo is ready next week at school. We both walked away from the photo booth area together, silence filled the gap between us.

   When we reached the entrance to the hall, Suzy stopped as she noticed IU at the door. I didn’t see IU all week so I nodded at her as a greeting. She replied the same. I looked her up and down, I can’t help it though. These girls are pretty. She leaned off from the wall and raised her eyebrows at Suzy, signaling her to come to her.

   Suzy turned to me awkwardly again, she didn’t look at me in the eyes. “ Um, see you later “ said Suzy. I nodded , feeling awkward as well. “ Uhh, okay “ I replied, feeling shy to even utter a word.

   She nodded also and began to walk away from me. IU linked their arms together and she glanced at me from behind Suzy and smirked at me.  I stood there, blinking in confusion.

 

IU’s POV

 Kim Soohyun eyed me up and down when he saw me, making me uncomfortable. I shifted a bit, somehow feeling in his eyes. I looked away from him and then at Suzy, signaling her with my eyes to come to me. She got it and turned to Soohyun, not looking at him. “ Um, see you later “ she said and Soohyun nodded.

    Before we left the hall, I glanced back at him and smirked.

   Just because, I knew I caught him red handed, for liking my best friend.

   But the funny thing is, I don’t think he even noticed it. And regarding Suzy, I think she’s currently confused with her own feelings. I’m pretty sure she knows she, herself, is attracted to Soohyun, but I’m sure she doesn’t know she’s attracted to him in that way yet.

    I stopped a taxi since Suzy seemed to still be in a daze and I pulled her in. In the car, I looked at her and asked “ Did something happen? “

   She snapped her head at me, suddenly had woken up from her daze “ Huh? “ she said. I raised my eyebrows at her.

   She looked away, out of the window. “ Nothing happened “ she said.

   I coughed. “ Okay,then” I replied, biting back a smile that’s forming to my face. I knew exactly what had happened.

 

 

   Suzy was taking so long when she said she wanted to take her own drinks and snacks . I rose from my chair from where I’m seated at and entered the crowd , searching for the food area . I tried not to twitch my eyebrows as some of the girls were laughing so loudly , almost bursting my eardrums , as I passed by. At least I didn’t bump into anyone here .

      I finally saw a glimpse of Suzy‘s white dress , and breathed out a sigh of relief. As I walked closer, I could see twog guys, particularly our friends –Jonghyun and Soohyun , standing beside and in front of her. Jonghyun was holding out his hand to her  and Suzy looked at  Kim Soo Hyun with slightly different look –she looked disappointed, like she just got let down. Then, she followed Jonghyun into the dance crowd.

    “ Hm “ I muttered, feeling amused as I looked back at Soohyun, who’s now standing alone. He’s staring at them both from afar. While just now, he was putting on a straight face as Suzy looked at him –now, his eyes revealed it’s true feelings. He’s also disappointed.

Heol, daebak. I thought to myself. He likes her. It’s so obvious.

As Soohyun stared from afar, I saw his grip on the glass that he’s holding tightens. I shook my head. Tsk tsk, that’s what you get for not being true to your feelings.

I don’t intend to make Soohyun happy, he’s my friend, yes, but he’s just like Jiyeon is to me –a  friend but not to the extent for me to try and make him happy.

And I want to make Suzy happy, she’s my best friend. I don’t want her coming home after this, with a sad face.

   I turned around to look for my brother, Jinki. I immediately saw him with his group of friends at the table by the wall. They were laughing loudly and eyeing girls that walked pass them and giggled to each other like immatures. I rolled my eyes at my brother. I can’t believe he’s one of those people.

   I quickly approached the group.

“ Junho sunbae “ I called out one of my brother’s friend, who particularly seems to favor me ever since Jinki Oppa brought him home.

   My brother’s friends stared up at me in shock, their mouths hanging open as they gaped at me. It’s a funny situation.

   “ J-jieun.. Why are you here? “ Jinki Oppa asked, stuttering. I bet he wondered if he did something wrong because I always scold him and takes care of him as a little sister who’s more mature than him.

   “  I want to dance with Junho sunbae “ I said, not looking at them. Suddenly, I felt shy saying this in front of Oppa’s friends.

   Again, they gaped at me in shock. Junho Sunbae and Oppa especially. It’s like those faces in anime. It’s funny and cute at the same time. “ Well? “ I asked, now looking at Junho sunbae. Junho sunbae looked back at Oppa. As Oppa gulped, he nodded at Junho sunbae and nudged him to go with me. 

   I smiled at Oppa, like I’m a very affectionate little sister to him and he smiled back at me, looking awkward. Oh my, my brother is so cute.

  “ Wow, Jieun. You caught me off guard just now “ Junho sunbae suddenly said as we leave the place where my brother and his friends are seated at.

   I smiled a bit to him and danced with him a bit. When he saw me dancing awkwardly, he laughed. “ You’re so cute “ he commented and I blushed. “ Sorry “ I stopped dancing. He seemed flustered as he said “ No, no. Don’t stop “ he said and took my hands which made me flinched.

   I looked up at him. “ Can you do me a favor? “ I asked.

   He nodded, he seemed hesitant but he nodded anyways.

   “ You know Suzy? My best friend ? “ I asked. “ Ah, Suzy? Of course! “ he replied, excited. “ Why ? “ he added.

   “ Can you go grab her and Kim Soohyun –he’s a new student, and make them have a picture together. “ I said, explaining it to him.

  He nodded as he looked up to think about a guy name Kim Soohyun. “ He’s quite handsome and tall. “ I said. He is still trying to figure out.

   I started to think more hints and finally said “ Boram Sunbae got a crush on him too. She sent him a letter once, through Suzy “ I said.

   That sent him a light bulb. “ Ah! I know him! “ he exclaimed. I grinned happily. “ Good! Can you do that? “ I asked. He smirked at me flirtatiously and winked. “ Anything for you “ 

 

 

~.~

18/8/2016.. It's my baby's birthday <3 Jiyongie, he's the love of my life <3 

Btw, thanks for the feedback guys. you don't know (or might know) how much it means to me :) 

On a side note, i noticed a lot of you guys were rooting for Ji Soo, hahah. That's so cute but he's just a minor character guys :< 

Mianhae. XOXO