Strange

I Still Love You

 

 

18.

  The next Monday, the school resumed as always. There’s still people who chats about the prom last weekend and people who thought not to bother about it anymore.

  Me –I’m the trying-to-not-think-about-prom person. I think we did reconcile –me and Soohyun, but it’s still awkward between us, which I absolutely hate. I still don’t  know how to break it between us though. I don’t care anymore if he doesn’t apologize about it, I just want to be friends with him like before.

  Although I do admit these weird heartbeats and nervousness when I’m around him nowadays. It’s a bother, really.

   I sighed to myself and plop my head on my desk. Suddenly, Jonghyun appeared on head level with me. I looked up at  him expressionlessly. He was crouching down next to my desk , his eyebrows twitching as he examined my face.

   “ Are you sick? “ he asked. I pouted and quietly replied “ No “

  I looked over him and secretly glanced at Soohyun who’s reading his book, ignoring everyone. Ugh, sometimes he annoys the hell out of me when he does that.

Jonghyun shrugged and went to his seat in front of me, he turned his body to face the other side of the class. He glanced at me and Soohyun. Then, he spoke.

“ You guys still aren’t talking? “ he said. I almost facepalm myself. Way to go, Jonghyun. You just made it more awkward between us.

   I rolled my eyes, annoyed, and took out my phone to play some music. I want to ignore everyone too.

   Jonghyun shrugged when the both of us ignored him and turned to the front.

Mr. Yang then entered the classroom. We all looked to Taecyeon to do the daily greeting but Mr. Yang dismissed us . He put down his books , preparing to speak.

  “ So, Taecyeon decided to resign from his position as the class pres “ he spoke. Most of us were shocked except Taecyeon’s friends. I was pretty shock as well. Jonghyun was shrugging about it, so does Jiyeon. Soohyun, on the other hand, doesn’t look bothered.

   I looked over at Taecyeon, on the other side of the class and suddenly he turned to look at me, catching me off guard. I immediately looked away and focused my attention on Mr. Yang.

   “ So, I’m going to select Soohyun to replace him as the class pres based on his academic results. Agree? “ he said and looked at every each of us. He raised his eyebrows at me and I looked away, not wanting to say anything about it. There were murmurs of protests and agrees but no one really said anything so it’s pretty much confirmed. I believe some of our classmates didn’t like the idea of Soohyun being the class president because he rarely talks to anyone in the class. But I’m pretty sure he’ll be a good leader. Pretty sure.

  “ Soohyun? You okay with this? “ Mr. Yang asked. I glanced to my side to look at him. I didn’t want to look so obvious about it. He nodded to Mr. Yang and Mr. Yang smiled gratefully in return. “ Very well, then. Kim Soohyun will be your new class president. Please cooperate with him, okay? “ Mr. Yang said and everyone replied “yes” lazily, busy chatting with each other.

   Mr. Yang then, looked at both Jiyeon and Soohyun, signaling them to come with him. I perked in interest when Soohyun got up from his chair and went out with Jiyeon, soon after Mr. Yang left.

   I poked Jonghyun by his shoulder. “ Where are they going? “ I asked, stupidly.

   Jonghyun looked at me like I’m dumb and shrugged. “ Class duties, of course” he said. I blinked at him “ Ah.. “ I replied, finally understood. He chuckled and hit my head with his knuckles lightly but it still hurt. “ Yah! “ I screamed at him. In return, as always, he giggled like an idiot.

  I leaned back in my chair and thought to myself. Does this means they’ll be spending time more together?

   I mean, Taecyeon and Jiyeon got close after they were both elected as the class reps. And soon after that, they dated.

  I could feel the strange feeling at the pit of my stomach. I don’t like the feeling at all.

 

“ That is not the way to my house “ I spoke as I stopped in my tracks. Jonghyun turned swiftly and grinned. “ I know “ he replied.

   We’re walking home together today. We’re in the same neighbourhood after all.

   I rolled my eyes. “ I don’t want to go home so fast. No one’s at home, anyway. It’s boring “ he said, pouting and acting cutely to make me agree.

   I sighed and laughed. “ Soojung’s at home, right? “ I said. He rolled his eyes “ That brat is always at yours “ he replied. I denied “ My sister is always at yours! “ I replied. “ Or so I thought “ I continued and we both giggled.

   “ They should live together honestly, aish” he commented. I walked to beside him so we’re walking side by side again. “ So where are we going ? “ I asked.

   He smirked at me. “ Ice cream of course “ he said. I laughed “ Ice cream? But it’s cold “ I said, scrunching my nose. It is getting colder here.

   “ I just felt like it, you know “ he said and shrugged. I looked at him and somehow, nodded.

    I felt like it too.

 

We got in the ice cream shop near school and I followed behind Jonghyun to the counter. While the worker was preparing our order, someone called after me.

  “Suzy? “

   I turned around casually and was caught off guard to see it’s Jiyeon –and Soohyun. I looked at his face and he looked at me expressionlessly and looked elsewhere. I stared at him and countless thoughts flooded my mind.

   Why is he here with Jiyeon? Are they close enough to spend time after school?

I didn’t realized I had a rough expression on my face until Jonghyun snap me back into reality by calling me to take the ice creams.

    “ Why is he here? “ Jiyeon asked, sounding annoyed at the sight of Jonghyun. Jonghyun scoffed when he realized her presence. “ We came here together. Piss off “ he replied, glaring at her.

   She scoffed as well. Then, she looked at me. “ Are you two going out? “ she asked, her voice was raised a little. I suddenly got annoyed and I want her to shut up. She was glaring at Jonghyun.

   “ Well, how about you? “ Jonghyun retorts, eyeing her and Soohyun together. Her face turned red, possibly anger along with embarrassment. “ I asked you first!” she exploded and they started bickering. I got super annoyed and a headache was already forming in my head.

   “ STOP IT! “ I shouted. There’s only a few people in the shop, including the workers, and they all looked at us. I felt embarrassed to have my friends bickering about something petty in the middle of a shop.

   Jiyeon and Jonghyun immediately stopped bickering but they’re still glaring at each other.

   I looked at Jiyeon, trying hard not to glare. I almost had enough of her, ting on Jonghyun for being my friend. I said nothing at all about her y friends, Taeyi and Dajung . Can’t she do the same?

   I wished I could tell her off but of course I didn’t . I kept it in, not trying to explode and cause more unnecessary situation.

    “ We’re friends. You know very well we hang out together, a lot “ I replied. My voice was stern but I tried softening my expression so my feelings won’t be too transparent.

    “ Excuse us “ I said and immediately leave to take a seat for Jonghyun and I, far away as possible from them. When I walked passed Soohyun, I could feel my hair brushing his shoulder because he flinched.

    Then, I heard Jiyeon muttering to Soohyun. “I don’t understand why she befriends him “

     It added fuel to the fire inside of me. That moment, I was grateful Jonghyun dragged me to an ice cream shop because I was able to cool myself with it after that.

 

 

~.~

**hey guys. My legs ache T_T I have to submit my short story to my lecturer on Wed, argggghh.. I just started watching Reply 1988 and I’m inluv..with Taek. I want someone like Taek and Jungpal in my lyfe.. sobs..i thought i wrote a lot already but it's not even 1