Spill

I Still Love You

 

 

      His statement makes me suddenly blush. Maybe it’s because of the stern look on his eyes, like he’s protective over me.

      “ What? Are you guys a thing? Why are you waiting for her anyway ?” Ji Soo said, sounding really annoyed. I don’t know why at that moment, I could not look away from Soohyun, although he’s not even looking back at me.

      “ Suzy- “ I heard Ji Soo calling me but stops. I wonder if he saw my expression as I look at Soohyun? I certainly don’t want to get caught. I quickly tore my eyes away from Soohyun and turn to Ji Soo. “ Huh? “ I replied to him, acting all normal.

    Surprisingly, the look on his face as he looks at me is surprise. I look back at him with a  puzzled expression. Soon , he chuckles and shakes his head like he’s swallowing something he doesn’t believe. Then, he looks up and pats my head lightly and turns away from me.

     He gives a last look at Soohyun and put on his helmet. He waves a goodbye at me and I nod. Then, he’s gone.

     I start becomes nervous, although I don’t know why. Why am I suddenly feeling nervous? I didn’t do anything wrong.

    I walk to Soohyun, clutching on my bag tightly, like my life is depending on it. “ Hi. So why are you waiting for me? “ I ask, my eyes are not on him.

     “ What are you doing with him? “ he asks, his voice is low, almost quiet. It doesn’t seem like he’s even asking me, more like he’s talking to himself. “ We went out- “ I started and stops.

    That sounds wrong.

     “ Ugh.. we hung out at Myeondong “ I said after a pause.

      “ You’re… friends with him , now? “ he asks, also pausing a bit between sentences. I bravely look at him. “ Yes, I guess” I replied.

    “ Was he forcing you too, this time? “

       I gave him a look. “ No. I went with my own will “

      Out of pity. I said in my heart. But today was really not bad. So, I guess I shouldn’t say pity. It sounds cruel for Ji Soo.

     Soohyun laughs. “ Didn’t you give in too easily? “ he said. I was startled by it. “ What? “ I said, incredulously.

     This is the same look he gave me, the same look Jonghyun gave me when I didn’t let Jiyeon, my friend, get in trouble with Mr. Yang.

     “ If you keep up with that attitude, he’s going to take advantage on you too, you know “ he said, still having that mocking smile, like he was irritated by my behavior. I stare at him, almost glaring out of rage. I try to control my expression so I won’t look like I’m affected by it.

    “ Yes, I know that too well. Thanks for your concern “ I snapped and turn away from him to get into the house. Wow, I didn’t know it’ll turn out like this at all. Why can’t anyone respect my decisions and my own choice?

    “ Suzy “ he called. I stop and turn to look at him, silently thinking that he might want to apologize for it, for not understanding me, for not being in my shoes. “ What? “

       He looks up from the ground and at me. “ I came because I was guilty not being free after school “ he said. My eyes squint at him , trying to understand what he meant. Then, he threw me a small pouch and I caught it. I look at him.

     The tip of his mouth goes up a bit, giving me a small, very subtle bitter smile and wave at me behind his head. “ Nite “ he said and disappears.

    I look down to my hand and it’s small plastic bag with fancy chocolate in bite sizes. I assume it’s one of the expensive chocolates that’s in the airport. He did say he wasn’t free because he needs to pick up his cousin at the airport.

    So, he came because he thought I was lonely about it? He knows IU is not around. I sigh.

    But still, what he said still hurt me. I don’t know if the way he says it make it seems like he thinks I’m easy, but obviously he seems to judge my decisions a lot, like I can’t be independent on my own.

    Just because he’s always there to help me when I’m in need, doesn’t me he has the right to tell me what to do.

 

 

 

     The next day of school is so awkward. Soohyun didn’t even look up to greet me like he usually does and neither did I. Jonghyun seems to sense it as he looks at us back and forth, weirded out by it.

     I don’t know what to say to Soohyun. Tomorrow is prom and I certainly don’t want to not be in friendly terms with him when I actually kinda looking forward to it. If I don’t say anything today, we might not even spend time together tomorrow.

     “ Have you bought your dress? “ Jonghyun asked. I look up at him and nod “ Yeah “

   “ Eh? When? I thought I want to go to the shop with you today “ he said, pouting. I roll my eyes. “ I went yesterday, idiot. You said you weren’t free “ I replied, shaking my head.

    He puckers up his lips “ But still. You should’ve waited for me and go today. Wasn’t it hard choosing a dress on your own? “ he said. I slightly flinch.

   Soohyun seems bothered by it too because he seem to lose focus on his book.

   And because Jonghyun never miss anything, he caught it too. “ What is going on? “ he said.

    “ What ? “ I said.

    “ Why did he flinch? “ he said. Then, Soohyun looks up and glare at him. “ Shut up “ he said.

    Jonghyun ignores it and look at me. “ You didn’t went alone? “ he asks. Gosh, I really wish he’ll be quiet now. It’s making things worse. “ Jonghyun “ I hissed because he’s really being too loud. Some of our classmates are looking at us. From the far opposite of our class, even Taecyeon is looking at me.

     I want to disappear.

    “ IU isn’t here. Jiyeon was out with Dajung and Taeyi yesterday, I doubt you joined. From the atmosphere… “ he trailed off and glance at Soohyun. “ I doubt you went with him either “ he said.

    I roll my eyes. “ Drop it, Jonghyun. Doesn’t matter “ I said, pulling out my book and pretending to read them.

    “ Is it a guy? “

    I flinch and I’m pretty sure the guy next to me did too.

    “ Ahah! See! You guys flinched! Damn, I’m really good” Jonghyun clapped his hands out loud and points at both of us. I pull down his hands and told him to be quiet. Even Yoona is looking over at us. Obviously, we’re a nuisance.

     “ Fine “ Jonghyun sighed, annoyed. “ But you gotta tell me during lunch “

 

 

     Thankfully during lunch, Jonghyun disappears with Mrs. Ahn for something regarding the science project. I quickly got up and leave the class, not wanting to be caught up in the crazy awkwardness with Soohyun.

      I caught sight of Eunjung and call for her. She smiles widely as she sees me. “ Where’s Jiyeon? “ she asks.

    I almost forgot about Jiyeon. “ I didn’t notice her in class just now “ I said and I really didn’t. Eunjung laughs at me , calling me silly.

    “ Well, I guess it’s just us two today! “ she said, excited. She’s always excited at everything.

     At the cafeteria, we take our seats. Suddenly, Jonghyun came and sit beside Eunjung, making her and I startled. “ So soon ? “ I ask, scowling. Jonghyun mischievously grins at me. “ I see you trying to escape from me “ he said.

    I scowl yet again. “ I told you to drop the topic”

    “ What topic? “ Eunjung asks. Now, I feel dizzy. If only IU is here to save the day, although I’m sure she’ll be the same as them.

     “ Suzy went out with someone after school yesterday  “ he said.

    Eunjung looks shocked. She probably picked up that it was a guy. Seriously, it’s not a big deal!

   “ Right! I wasn’t free yesterday to accompany you. Who did you … go out with?” she asked, not hiding her curiosity. I grunt. Seems like I can’t escape now.

     Both of my friends eyes are on me, anticipating me to talk.

    Then, someone sits besides me. “ An older guy with a motorbike “ he said, making me almost fall from my seat. Thank Goodness, I didn’t choke on my rice. Soohyun stares back at me expressionlessly when I stare at him with horror. I gulp and sip on my water.

     He just cornered me!

     “ Omo! An older guy? Who? “ Eunjung claps excitedly like a seal.

    “ Ji Soo Oppa “ someone said as she took a seat next to me. “ Jiyeon! “ Eunjung exclaimed.

    “ Wait. Ji Soo!!! ? “ Eunjung screams excitedly. I quickly reach my hands out to shut her up. People around us are already staring and the girls’ stares aren’t going away. Probably because they heard Ji Soo’s name.

    I’m screwed. I thought.

    I saw from behind Eunjung, a group of girls  are staring at me and are whispering. I recognize them almost immediately. They’re the girls yesterday at the bus stop who were watching Ji Soo and I. Damn, now rumors are going to spread knowing Ji Soo’s popularity. I hope I won’t get in trouble.

     “ I was really surprised to see you with him “ Jiyeon said. “ I mean, how did you manage to.. know him anyway ? “ Jiyeon said carefully. “ No offense “ she continued.

    Jonghyun scoffs at her. “ Why? You don’t think our pretty Suzy deserves attention from that guy? ! “ he defends. I silently laugh. He’s being his usual self and it’s cute to see him defending me. “ I didn’t say that!” Jiyeon retorts, looking helpless. She’s probably afraid if she offended me that way.

    “ You indirectly did!” he attacks back. Jiyeon glances at me nervously. I smile to her “ Nevermind “ I said.

    “It’s a long story” I said. I don’t want to waste my voice telling them about it though. I still feel uncomfortable about it.

     “ He hit on her. That’s how they know each other” Soohyun, who was being rather quiet just now, speaks. I glance at him and he’s just eating. “ He hit on you!?”  Eunjung screams excitedly again. Oh my. I said as I rub my temple.

    Jiyeon seems surprised too. Wow, I didn’t know she thought that lowly of me.

   “ Then, are you guys dating? “ Eunjung asks, still excited as she holds on like she’s going to scream again.

    “ NO “ I replied, like it’s the most obvious thing ever. Why is she even asking? I sigh.

    Jonghyun chuckles. “ Good then “ he said. Eunjung slaps him. “ What do you mean! It’ll be good if they date. So romantic. An older guy from an all-boys school. Isn’t that goals?! “ she said.

    I told you she’s a hopeless romantic.

    “ Eunjung! It’s not like that at all , okay “ I said, quietly. “ We’re just friends “ never have would I thought we’d be friends someday.

     That term still isn’t familiar to my tongue.

     “ Let us meet him too, Suzy! I want to see him closely “ Eunjung said. “ Hey hey, where did you throw your Hiro? “ Jiyeon jokes. Eunjung pouted. “ I just want to see him… “ she said, all guilty.

    I laugh at her cuteness. Jonghyun pinches Eunjung’s  cheeks “ Aigoo, you’re hopeless”

    I glance over at Soohyun, who’s still eating quietly.

   “ Besides.. “ Jiyeon spoke. Our attention is back on her. “ It’s not like he wants anyone to be present when he’s with Suzy “ she said and winked at me, reminding me of yesterday.

    “ What do you mean by that? “ Eunjung asks, her face immediately blushes red as she covers again. I reach out to flick her forehead. “ Eunjung! Keep yourself together! It’s not like that at all! “ I said, suddenly blushing on my own that my friend even dare to imagine me like that. She giggles afterwards , telling me it came naturally. Ugh, I’m going crazy.

    “ And you. Stop making weird sentences like that “ I sighed at Jiyeon. She grins mischievously and bumps her arm with me. “ Oh come on. They’re reactions were funny” she said.

     Jonghyun and Soohyun did look dumbfounded just now. When I remember their expressions again, I do admit, they look funny.

     “ Okay, I’ll be straight forward “ she said and proceeds telling them about that incident in the restaurant. Eunjung and Jonghyun are eagerly listening while Soohyun is still eating but I could see he’s paying attention too although he doesn’t show it.

      I find that so cute.

     But I’m still upset about what he said.

 

~.~

Hey guys! I'm really sick today, I can't even get up. But I was SO HAPPY reading your comments, I HAVE to get up and write. Thank you so much. I LOVE YOU! XO

SkullMaki, kyungsoozy1402. alyanna00, Kibokoi. <3 THX GUYS<3