Truth

I Still Love You

Suzy

 

IU is eyeing me intensely as we walk home together. I “I feel uncomfortable but I continue to feign ignorance. She is always quick to pick up if something is wrong. I think I’m found out already but I am going to keep up my act for now.

“ Don’t you have something to tell me? “ she suddenly asks, taking me off guard.

“Tell you what?”

“ Anything. There must be something?” IU asks. She’s staring into my eyes intensely with hopefulness.

I laugh it off awkwardly, pulling my arm away from her. “ You’re creeping me out” I said, without looking at her.

IU instantly looks upset. She turns on her heels after saying. “Fine”

I look at her leaving first, feeling dumbfounded. I call after her but she didn’t stop. I sigh. Did she found out about it? I feel so messed up. Can I just go to sleep and forget about everything?

 

 

The next day at school, I saw IU in the hallway as I arrived. She looked at me and walked off. She’s pretty upset about it. I’m assuming she found out about it. I don’t know how to confront her about it because I, of all people, don’t even want to think about it, much less talking about it like I’m looking forward to it. It makes me miserable. It’s the only thing that’s hung up on my mind for a few days now.

I sigh and got in my classroom. Eunjung’s belongings are in her seat but she’s not present. I look around for her but she’s nowhere in class. Where has she been off to in the morning?

Probably Hiro.

I thought as I settle in my set. I puff my cheeks. How nice. To have a boyfriend who loves you and who you love so much. I feel so lonely and miserable.

“ You have such a great life, Suzy “ I say to myself and plop my head on my desk to nap. Hopefully I get a nice dream to make me forget things.

 

“ Ask Suzy to wake up “ feeling drowsy, I kinda feel like I heard Mr. Yang’s voice. But my head feels so heavy to wake up.

“ Suzy. Suzy! “ I heard Eunjung hisses , tapping my arm quite a few times urgently. I finally lift my head to see Mr. Yang at the front shaking his head at me.  “Class is starting now. Take out your books” he said. I nod awkwardly and he turns to the blackboard. He didn’t miss shaking his head at me again.

 

The class ends and I was about to continue my nap when Mr. Yang calls me. “ Suzy, come with me “ he gestures at me with his hand. I grunt and make a face. I don’t want to go do more chores. He grins at me funnily . “ Come “ he said, his voice was stern. I throw my head back and scowl. I got up, shoulders slump, as I drag my feet to follow him.

He pats my head with his book and I made a face at him.

Little that I know, I would get myself in trouble.

 

“ What do you want, Ssaem? “ I ask lazily.

He turns facing me “ You sleep too much so I’m making you work to get you energized. “ he said, giving me a pile of thick books. I scoff. “ That’s such a lame excuse. You like to pick on me” I grunted.

He laughs. “ Oh, come on. You’re not that special “

Ouch. I thought. “ Thanks for saying that. A lot had informed me already” I replied sarcastically.

Mr. Yang made an innocent face and told me to follow him. I roll my eyes. Honestly, is he even a teacher. Why is he making me carrying this stuff? I’m a student! I should study!

We pass by the principal office and Mr. Yang stops in his tracks. “ Wait here” he commands and got in the room. I was left dumbfounded. Why is he making me stand with this heavy books , ugh. I lean by the wall. I heard quick footsteps at the end of the principal hall and saw someone familiar.

It’s Taecyeon. It seems like he has been dragged by someone. My nosy and curious nature wanted to look. I walk slowly and quietly as possible as I lean on the wall and peek at them.

The girl is Sunmi. She’s the tall girl in Jonghyun’s class. We actually used to be close friends in middle school but people changed. I remained a loser while she started getting into makeup and fashion and in high school, we were basically in two separate worlds. She’s also part of Jiyeon’s clique although I don’t think Jiyeon is as friendly as her. She belonged in the popular gang with a lot of friends. We still talk sometimes but often it was awkward. She was kind and still is. I feel like it’s been a while since I’m actually paying attention to her. What’s she doing with Taecyeon?

Taecyeon looks bored while Sunmi looks anxious. “ Why don’t you want to make it public? “ she asks, looking up to Taecyeon with hurtful eyes. Taecyeon rubs his neck, looking burdened. “ You’re making things too fast “ he said. “ We just started dating. We should wait out a bit” he continued.

My eyes widened at the information. OMG, I shouldn’t have listened to this. It’s private matter. I’m such a bad person. I turn to leave when I heard my name.

“ But you went public when you dated Jiyeon and Suzy!” Sunmi let out angrily. I froze in my spot. Again, my nosy self wants to listen further. I waited for Taecyeon’s reply.

“ And you see how both didn’t work out? I don’t want to go public in case we fail too. It was hard on me” he said, exasperated. Taecyeon turn to leave but Sunmi grabs his hands. “ I’m not going to leave you like she did. I like you so much! “ Sunmi confessed. Taecyeon sighed and let Sunmi hugged him.

Wow, this is intense. I thought.

“ What are you doing, you bad girl” Mr. Yang suddenly pops up behind me. I jump in shock, dropping the pile of books onto the floor in a loud thud. My mouth opens wide as I knew I was caught.

“ What the- “

I slowly look up and both Sunmi and Taecyeon is looking at me, surprised. Sunmi looks bothered. “ Were you listening to us?” she questioned, trying not to sound angry. I feel like this is the first time Sunmi had talked to me in that manner. She was always an angel. I would done the same thing , though. I mean, I did eavesdropped.

I look at Taecyeon and he looks at me as if he owes me something. I tried to shift my eyes elsewhere naturally.

“ I pushed her jokingly. No worries guys. She’s always clumsy anyways. “ Mr. Yang steps in. His face was so innocent, anyone would believe him. “ What teacher would push her students? “ Sunmi retorts defensively. Mr. Yang shrugs and points to himself. “ Me?” he chuckles.

Sunmi doesn’t seem like she fully takes it. Mr. Yang turns to me “ You must still be half asleep? Should I ask you to do more chores? You lazy girl “ he said, again patting my head with his book lightly. I nod slowly, looking away from the couple. I want to hide my face.

Sunmi looks like she’s done. “ Let’s g- “ she looks up to Taecyeon but he suddenly voiced out. “ Ssaem. “. Mr. Yang looks up “ Yes, Taec. “

Taecyeon’s look was sharp towards Mr. Yang. I feel like the air had thickened since a minute ago suddenly. “ You shouldn’t pick on one person only everytime. People will get wrong ideas “ he said. He looks at me and left. Sunmi looks at me too, she looks offended –then left following Taecyeon behind. I got goosebumps from both of their looks. Why am I included in this mess?

“ What ideas? “ Mr.Yang speaks up and wondered.  

“ Ah, I’m such a mess” I mutter.

“ Huh?”

I look at Mr.Yang , glaring and push the books to him. “ I’m going back to class!” I said. With a quick bow, I ran off from him before he asks me another favor. From behind, I could feel him laughing at me. Why does he always makes me feel ten times stupid than I already am?

 

When I got back to class for self-study time, a bunch of my classmates were giving me weird looks. I look back at them, puzzled. I look down to my clothes and touch my hair. Do I have anything on me? I thought. I walk to my desk at the far back and even Eunjung is looking at me awkwardly. I am confused.

When I sit on my chair, Eunjung turns to me hesitantly. “ Suzy .. “ she starts. I lean in to my desk to listen to her. “Yeah ?” I ask. She looks uncomfortable and that made me wondered what’s bothering her. “ What’s wrong? “ I laugh it off. She’s behaving weirdly. “ Are you and Mr. Ya- “ she suddenly stops. I look at her , raising my eyebrows. “ What? “ I ask. She shakes her head. “ Nevermind. I thought it was stupid anyways “ she said and smile at me before turning back to the front.

After that I see some girls in front of Eunjung were snickering at me. My stomach suddenly feels sick.

 

After school, I see IU walks out of her classroom and run after her. “ Are you still angry at me? “ I ask. She glances at me and clicks her tongue. “ What do you think “ she replied quietly. I sighed. “ I’m sorry. I wanted to tell you but I don’t know how. “ I said honestly. She stops walking and slaps me hard on my arm. “ You stupid! “ she said. I was shocked and she did it again. I tried to stop her but she kept at it until her face is red.

“ Whoa whoa “ Jonghyun suddenly came and pull me away from her. “ What am I to you?! “ IU asks emotionally. “ Come on, Jieun. You know you mean the most to me. That’s why I couldn’t tell you “ I said, trying to calm her down. “ Is that the truth? “ she asks, breathing hard.

“ Of course it is! Why would you think otherwise? That’s the only reason I couldn’t tell you “ I said. She seems to have calmed.

“ And because I knew you would act like this “

She looks back at me and was about to hit me when Jonghyun pulls me to him again. “Enough, woman. You’re hurting my friend “ he said.

“ Well, she hurt me! “

“ So? You’re not my friend. I don’t care “ Jonghyun said with a blank face.

IU was taken back by it. I nudge Jonghyun but then he grins. “ See how it hurts? You should acknowledge me as your friend already , Jieun ah” he said. IU’s face grew red. She didn’t expect that and this time her hand was quick to slap Jonghyun’s arm.  “ Ow!” he screamed out loud. I laugh at them.

At the same time, Jiyeon and Soohyun approach us.  “ What are you guys doing in the middle of the hallway ? “ Jiyeon asks, shaking her head. Soohyun followed quietly behind. I suddenly feel awkward again but I smiled at him, remembering our meeting at the park. He replied back with a soft smile. I feel my heart drumming against my chest, wanting to be heard.

I cleared my throat and look away. “ So, what were you guys goofing about? “ Jiyeon asks.

“ None of yo-“ I nudge Jonghyun to stop before he could say it. I want them to get along now. I want Jiyeon to have a lot of friends by her when I’m not here. Jiyeon looks at Jonghyun but she didn’t glare at him. She just gave him an awkward look.

“ Did you talked about it? “ Jiyeon asks me. IU looks at me. “ She knew about it? Before me? “ she raised her voice. I panicked. I don’t want Soohyun to know yet but he’s here now. I’m not ready for it. I tried to stop IU but she seems more focused on the fact that Jiyeon had found out before her.

Jonghyun suddenly wings his arm around Soohyun’s neck. He had to stand on his toes because Soohyun is so tall. All our mouth were open wide, including Soohyun, because Jonghyun and Soohyun never really did get along and to see this is a rare case.

“ Well, us guys will leave you to your girly stuff!” he said, dragging Soohyun away , against his will. IU and Jiyeon both finds it funny , they laugh out loud. I, instead, was dumbfounded. I look over at them and Jonghyun looks back at me with a wink.

Jonghyun knew?

Since when? How?

“ You’re stupid if you think Jonghyun wouldn’t find out first “ Jiyeon said. I look at her dumbfounded. What? IU nods in agreement. This is rare to see too. I suddenly feel so left out. “ Soojung must have told her , you’re so slow” IU said, rolling her eyes.

I was the one who kept the secret from them and now I’m the one who felt left out of everything. Even so, I feel grateful to Jonghyun. I didn’t know he cared that much about me.

Thanks Jonghyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~

playing serendipity rn. so good. so i chose a different route for this story, more drama altho i intend to finish it off quick. but i love my characters and thought i should write more about taecyeon and mr.yang hehe. let me tell you a secret. maybe i already told but all characters in this story is based on my "Friends" . yes. some of them i am not friends with anymore. i started writing this in 2012 and i think i finished in late 2013? i took the depressing route because that is what i took in real life but i want to change that. although, i dont talk to them anymore, i want to keep it as a good memory in this story, my friendship i had which was beautiful is no longer present today. although painful for me to remmeber them, i keep smiling while writing this story. it heals my pain a bit. even mr.yang is based on my teacher kekeke. not all is 100% has happened but all the points of the story did....the major ones. if you had read this story in the past before i decided to rewrite it, you would know i changed this plot kinda a lot. the major thing happens in this particular chapter. before , suzy never tells them until she almost leave but now i decided for them to know the truth faster so things wont get too sad and complicated. (like my crappy life did) she didnt tell soohyun yet cuz i never did tell 'soohyun' in real life. i just left :') let's just say i'm writing this to be more beautiful than how it actually played out in reality. i love you guys altho i dont hve much readers like i used to (hyunzy is dying guys, literally haha) I'll try updating daily hehe xo

~~~

 

 

 

 

 

.