Talk

I Still Love You

I push open the restaurant door and step outside. The wind blew as soon as I got out and it was crazy cold. Fortunately, I brought my scarf with me so tie it tightly around my neck to somehow warm myself.

Jiyeon had left with Eunjung and Hiro earlier.

I bit the insides of my cheeks as I remember our short argument. I suddenly feel guilty. Was I too harsh? Too straightforward? We never really acted like that before with each other. Well, she did treat us to meal today and I feel like it was inconsiderate of me.

But I wouldn’t give in. I feel like I made it clear to her multiple times already that I am good friends with Jonghyun now. I’d appreciate it if she respects our friendship more. I get that she dislikes him because of their past arguments but I didn’t diss her directly about Taeyi and Dajung should she should do the same. Not everything should go her way.

I sighed. I feel like I get irritated easily these days. What happened to those calm old days?

Someone suddenly holds my shoulder and I jump in shock. I turn to find Soohyun behind me, he looks startled. I blink at him , wondering why he just touched my shoulder. Does he has something to say?

“ Um , you’re still here? “ he put away his hand and look up at the sky as if there’s anything to see.

“ Obviously “ I blurted. He coughed “ Well, I thought you went home already” he replied.

“ It’s still early “ I answered simply, looking elsewhere. It feels weird to finally talk alone again after so long.

“ It’s almost twilight. It’s dangerous to be out alone “ he said. I laughed “ Korea is safe , Soohyun “ I replied, finding it funny that he got too serious. He coughs again. “ It’s precaution “ he replied short. I shakes my head, finding it amusing and walk first. He follows me .

I stop in my tracks and eye him suspiciously. “ What are you doing? Creeps me out” I said.

“ It’s dangerous”

“So?”

“ I’m accompanying you” he said, with a serious face but he didn’t look at me. He must be shy about it. I feel like chuckling but I hold it in.

“ Fine. Whatever” I said and continue to walk. “ Just so you know, I’m stopping by to buy food “ I said, glancing at him from beside me. He shrugs “ Fine. Whatever “

I chuckle.

 

 

After I bought food, Soohyun was waiting patiently outside the chicken store, kicking nothing on the ground. I scoff at him. “ You look bored” I comment.

He looks up. “No, I’m not”

“ Well, you should go home. I walk home alone every day. “ I said and continue to walk pass him.

“ Why are you being so cold to me? “ he casually asks as he stride along beside me. I didn’t reply. I put on a straight face and I could feel his stare is burning through me. I act unbothered.

“ I’m sorry “ he suddenly said.

I didn’t stop walking. In fact, I could feel myself walking faster to hide my nervousness. “ For what? “ I ask.

“ I stood you up “

There he finally mention about it. I felt my heart stop and my pace getting slower. Again, I didn’t reply. I was quiet and again I could feel his eyes on me. He seems to study my expression.

“ You’re still angry, huh ? “ he sounds so sad. I finally glance at him and he looks like a puppy. I feel bad. “ It’s fine “ I replied.

“ Huh? “

“ I said it’s fine. Forget about it” I said, acting cool. I’m no expert in this stuff. I feel the cringe if anyone get too sappy. Thinking about how down I was because of the matter makes me want to hit myself on the wall.

“ Ugh .. “ I accidentally groan out loud without realizing. “ Huh?”  Soohyun responds. I quickly look up to him and smile awkwardly. “ Haha, don’t mind me. I’m just tired “ I replied , looking back to the front. Acting normal. He looks down to my hand , carrying the plastic bag of food. He immediately reaches for it. “ Let me carry it” he said and pull it towards him. “ No “ I said, pulling it back.

He looks surprised that I rejected his offer –and embarrassed. Did I acted weird?

Since I was carrying two bags anyway, I quickly hand him the other bag. “ You hold this , then. Don’t complain if you’re tired “ I said, as the bags are quite heavy since Sulli eats a lot. He grins in return, making me sigh in relief “ No big deal “ he replied.

We continue walking and it was dead silence between us now –which makes the atmosphere more awkward and suffocating. I wish I had gone home on my own. I can’t stand this feeling. Why are we so awkward with each other?

Soohyun

I was looking up at Suzy’s house just now when we finally reached. I pointed towards a window on the second floor. “ Is that your room? “ I asked. She turned to look at me when she was busy searching for her keys. She looks up at the window “ It’s my sister’s. Mine is at the back “ she replied.

I nod and she pulls out the key from her big bag. She push the gate door open and looks at me.  “Come in. Make yourself at home” she said. I was shock down to the ground she invited me in. I only knew that only her close friends she ever invited in –that includes Jonghyun, but seems that she considers me her close friend too that she invites me in now.

She looks at me with raised eyebrows. “ Come on, it’s cold. What are you waiting for ?”

“ I can come in? “ I ask. She looks at me like I’m stupid. “ Of course you can? You helped me all the way here and I’m just gonna send you away? “ she chuckles. “ How cruel “ she added and made way inside the house. I gulp and follow her inside.

Suzy disappeared into the kitchen as I slowly look around her house. It looks cozy unlike my house. Maybe because there was only my mom and me.

“ Hey, come here “ I heard Suzy called. I quickly search for her. She was in the kitchen , opening the plastic bags and boxes of fried chicken she bought from earlier. I help put the food on the table. I stare at her as she put away the plastics. She glance at me “ Don’t just look. Sit down “ she said. I felt my ears turn red because she caught me staring at her. I almost blew my cover.

I sit down quietly on the table and she went out of the kitchen.

“ IT’S DINNER! COME DOWN! “

I was startled when she suddenly yell.

“Was that necessary? “ I said when she entered the kitchen again. She laughs “ If I don’t do that, they won’t hear me” she said.

“ You don’t have siblings? “ she suddenly ask and I shake my head. She just look at me and said “ Oh. . . “ I quietly laugh.

A girl walk inside the kitchen area and just sit with us , pulling a box of fried chicken towards her.

“ Sunhwa ya, wash your hands” Suzy said, sternly. First time I’ve seen her like this. She always look so quiet at school.

Then, Sulli , who I’ve met before, walks in with another girl her age. She stops in her tracks when she sees me. “Woah, surprised me “ she mutters.

“ I thought you only bring Jonghyun Oppa. “ she replied, she gives me a short glance and sit beside Sunhwa, also pulling a box of chicken towards her. “ Who’s this? “ a girl beside her asks. “ Oh, Soojung , you’re here too” Suzy said as she push a box of chicken towards her. She must be glad she bought extras , not that what she bought wasn’t a lot enough.

“ He’s my friend. Soohyun” she introduced me to her. Soojung looks at me and I nod a bit. Maybe because they’re all girls, I started feeling nervous.

“ So you’re classmates with my Oppa? “ Soojung asks. “ Your Oppa? “ I asks, quite confused. Soojung nods eagerly as she munch on her fried chicken. “ Jonghyun Oppa” she replied. I was surprised. I look at Suzy as if asking “ Is it the Jonghyun that we know? “. As if she reads my mind, she nods while smiling.

“ Oh, yeah. We were classmates “ I replied, reaching for my glass of water because I suddenly feel thirsty. I remember back when Jiyeon told me how Suzy’s sister and Jonghyun’s sister are best friend and that’s why they see each other a lot and go to each other’s houses. It’s started to sink in finally.

“ You’re quiet. Unlike Jonghyun Oppa “ Sulli comments as she gives a look at me. I felt a tinge of pang in my heart. Jonghyun must be like family to them , while I’m a stranger who they happen to meet today. I chuckle awkwardly and eat my fried chicken, gulping down all this unpleasant feelings.

 

 

 

It was already night when I finally left Suzy’s house. The wind blew as I got out of the door, my scarf swaying to the side. I stuff my hands in my pockets to warm myself.

“ You sure you don’t wanna call a taxi? “ she asks me. I shake my head. “ It’s fine “ I replied. I look at her face and she looks unsure. She’s concern since it’s becoming colder than this evening.

“ I’ll be fine, Suzy “ I said again, grabbing her attention. I give her a convincing smile and her lips curl into a smile too as she chuckles. “ I get it. Take care “ she said . I nod and walk out of the gate as she waves me off.

I’ve never felt this happy in a long time.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

three days in a row i update? i told ya I'm gonna quit playing hehe. drop some comments juseyo ~

~~~~~