Cold

I Still Love You

Suzy

 

“ Ah I’m so full! “ I said with pleasure as we walk out of the restaurant after Jonghyun done paying. He chuckled at me. 

“ Of course you’re full! You ate too much! You even finished mine. Tsk pig “ he said. I glare at him “ Well, you’re the one who said I should eat a lot an hour ago ! “ I defend myself. He scoffs and looks away “ Nevermind. Can’t win with you” he said and walks off first. I follow him.

We chat random stuff while walking, mentioning stuff that we see from the store windows. Jonghyun even had the time to bad mouth some other high school kids that we met which was so mean of him but it kinda was funny. I’m bad myself. It’s just that being with Jonghyun makes me feel better. He just knows how to make me forget my worries because he keeps annoying me.

When we turned to a corner, I wish we didn’t. We bumped into with someone –and he’s the last person I want to see.

My smile fades as I look at Soohyun with Jiyeon , dressing up so pretty, beside him. The four of us stop and exchange different glances to each other. My eyes were cold to Soohyun. Jonghyun was irritated to have bump into both of them while both Jiyeon and Soohyun are confused.

He probably thinks why is Jonghyun and I together when I told him I was at home. I don’t know if he just caught me lying –but I don’t care. I just want to leave.

“ Why do I always see you two together? “ Jiyeon said. She eyed Jonghyun up and down, annoyed. Jonghyun returns the menacing look.

I stayed quiet. I was not in the mood to look at them , much less say anything.

“ What’s it to you? “ Jonghyun said, pissed. Jiyeon rolled her eyes at him. “ I’m just saying. Stop hanging around Suzy” she said to Jonghyun. That ticks me off at the wrong spot. Who’s she to prevent anyone to be with me? I didn’t say anything about her y friends, Dajung and Taeyi.

Jonghyun eyes them up and down. “ Also. . . Why are you guys always together too? “ he mentions. Jiyeon looks a bit taken aback and cleared to reply but I cut her off.

“ We were hanging out. Nothing wrong with that. We’re friends ” I replied.

“ But he keeps pestering you “ Jiyeon said.

I look at her, cold. “ What do you mean? “ I said.

“ Huh?”

“ He’s not pestering me at all. We’re friends. Didn’t you know that?” I replied, my look is still icy cold.

She was speechless as she looks at me. Almost scared –like she knew she had offended  me.

I heard Jonghyun did a little winning smirk because I defended him and he locks hands with me and pull me out from that scene. I appreciated it because I don’t want to be there any second longer.

 We walked pass both of them and my arm brushed with Soohyun’s and it sent shivers down my spine.

“ Suzy! “ Jiyeon called me. I stopped in my tracks and grunted. I really don’t want to turn now. But thinking that I’m getting angry at her when it’s not her fault makes me feel guilty.

I turned –masking on an expressionless face.

“ I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to offend you. “ she said. I bit the insides of my cheeks. I knew it. I shouldn’t have made her feel guilty when I’m actually angry at Soohyun.

I was about to reply that I’m fine but Jiyeon spoke first.

“ Soohyun’s mom asked me to accompany him to buy groceries and decorations for Christmas. That’s why I’m here. I didn’t know I’d bump into you” she continued.

Again, for the countless time, my whole body is on fire and I’m sure my face has grew red too. I feel humiliated again, reminding myself that I got stood up last minute when I already arrived and to have me replaced by my friend, Jiyeon. Soohyun isn’t saying anything at all which added fuel to this fire.

“ Oh, really?” I replied with surprise, feigning ignorance –as if I didn’t know about that plan at all.

Only Soohyun and I know that I was supposed to accompany him today because he’s the one who had asked me to make up to me.

I glance at Soohyun and the corners of his eyes twitch. He feels guilty now. I feel a little bit better and smile my best to Jiyeon. “ Have fun then” I said and this time I push and nudge Jonghyun to go.

 

Soohyun

 

I didn’t expect to see Suzy here at all. On the phone just now, she had told me she was at home. Did she arrived here just now and waited for me? Or did she came here with Jonghyun after that phone call?

I stare at her but she seems to avoid my eye contact. She’s not looking at me at all. Her eyes were cold. She looks angry.

I feel restless and guilty.

She’s angry at me.

After she left with Jonghyun, I watch her go away and she didn’t even spare me a backward glance at all. I knew I had made a mistake. I hurt her. To have Jiyeon with me here must’ve hurt her even more. She must’ve thought I stood her up for Jiyeon, her own friend.

I couldn’t help it. My mom adores Jiyeon. I tried to talk to my mom that I was going to meet my friend but she insisted me to stay because Jiyeon was there and it was rude to just leave. I had to listen to my mom. I guess I didn’t explain properly to Suzy –which made her misunderstand and clearly hurt.

“ Come on. Let’s go “ the sound of Jiyeon’s voice woke me up. I look down at her and nod. We walk together to the groceries section.

While Jiyeon was looking for stuff, I just stood beside her –not paying attention to what my mom wanted us to buy. My head is filled with Suzy –about what should I do or say.  

I slid my hand into my jeans pocket, reaching for my phone. I unlock it and look at my call logs and Suzy was the last call I made today. I sigh. I press her number and begin typing a text message.

 

[Suzy. I’m sorry. Don’t be angry at me –Soohyun]

I typed that and thought for a while. Then I backspaced and erased it completely. I don’t know why but I couldn’t bring myself to apologize or say anything.

Also, why was she with Jonghyun? Did she called him to come after our phone call? Did they coincidentally met there?

I heaved out a heavy sigh. Forget it. I thought and approached Jiyeon to help her.

 

 

 

Suzy

 

Jonghyun knocked on my door and walked in when I was lying on my bed , staring at the ceiling.

“ Why didn’t you come down? “ he asked.

He came for Christmas celebration at our house. I told my mom I feel sick and she let me stay in my room. I guess I really did look sick enough to convince her. Usually she still forces me to come down and greet the guests.

I turned to him and laugh softly. “ I ate early before the guests came then I stayed here. You know I hate crowded places “. I said. He chuckled in return and nod. He walks and sits on my bed.

He pulls something from his back and handed me a soft blue kitten plushie. “ Merry Christmas” he said. He was smiling awkwardly –not used to being straightforwardly nice to me. I immediately took that cute plushie and hug it.

“ It’s so cute! Thanks Jonghyun” I said, smiling brightly to him. He looks happy that I appreciate his gift.

“ I got something for you too!” I said. He looks surprised like he didn’t expect me to prepare a gift for him too. I jump out of my bed and jog to my study desk. There, I pull the drawer and take out a dark blue box with black ribbon on it.

I gave it to him.

He opens it and there is a light blue knitted scarf. I took it out of that box he’s holding and wear it around his neck.

“ I knew it would look good on you” I said. He was gazing at me softly and my heart unknowingly beats rapidly against my chest. I just realized we’re standing very close to each other. We’ve never been this close before. I step back a bit, feeling awkward and then look up to him, noticing that he hasn’t give me a response about the gift.

“You . . . don’t like it? “ I ask carefully.

He laughs and quickly shakes his head. “ No. Of course I like it, silly” he said, chuckling happily as he fix the scarf around his neck. He grins at me “ Didn’t know you’d prepare me a gift at all “ he said and mess up my hair. I glare at him for doing that.

“ I have to go now. Rest well. Your mom said you’re feeling sick “ he said. “ Are you? “ he added, giving me a suspicious look. I scoff. “ Yes, I am! “ I replied, defending myself.

Love sick, I guess. I thought.

“ Haha, whatever” he replied and waved me a goodbye as he left my room.

I sighed when he left because I’m alone again.

 

Jonghyun

 

I walk down the stairs quickly and bump into someone. We both look up and I quickly apologize. “ Sorry” I said.

The person was groaning a while ago and when she noticed it’s me she just gives me a questioning look.

I roll my eyes. “ What IU? Don’t wanna wish me a merry Christmas? “ I said.

She scoffs. “ Merry Christmas Jonghyun. Have you been a good kid this year? I think not “ she said. I grin at her. “ I love it when you’re petty like this “ I state. She replied with a disgusted look.

“ Is Suzy in her room?” she asked. I nod “ Yeah, she’s in there. I’m leaving now. Bye! “ I said to her. I pat her bare shoulders and she flinched. I quickly took my hand away. “ Sorry. Merry Christmas! “ I said and walk down the stairs to leave.

 

 

IU

 

I push Suzy’s bedroom door open to find her lying lazily on her bed.

“ What are you doing? I thought we’re going to Jiyeon’s party tonight? “ I said, quickly approaching her and slapping her to get up.

“ Party?” she asked.

“ Yeah! Jiyeon’s party. Didn’t she inform you about it? “

She sighed, not caring. “ I don’t know. I haven’t charged my phone. It’s dead for days now” she replied and curled on her bed, hugging a blue kitten plushie tightly.

“ Since when you’re a baby, Suzy?”

She glances up at me who’s standing by her bed. “ Jonghyun gave me this. It’s so cute” she said while smiling. She hugs it again. “ It’s so soft “

I laugh and hand her a small white box with pink ribbon. “ Looks like you own’t be hugging my gift then. I got you a perfume “ I said. Then, I walk to her closet –going to pick out her outfit to wear.

She pouted at my gift and put it on her night stand. “ You’re not romantic at all. You got me a perfume every year “

“ It’s because you won’t even bother to buy one” I replied whilst pulling out a few dresses from her closet.

“What are you doing anyway? “ she asked.

“ We’re going to Jiyeon’s party of course. “ I replied.

She scowled. “ She’s waiting for us, Suzy “ I said, sternly. I threw a light pink dress with mesh top to her. “ Wear that “

“ I don’t want to go out. It’s crazy cold “ she said, throwing herself onto her bed again. I approached her, trying to coax. “ We have to go. She’s our friend. You know how sensitive Jiyeon is. She’d want us to be there” I said as I pull her up with much strength.

Suzy sighs. “ Fine” she replies , getting up and lazily walks to the bathroom to change.

 

 

~.~

There's a lot of POVs in this chapter /keke/

Thanks so much for the comments! Appreciated! xo 

 

~.~