Class

I Still Love You

 

13.

   Suzy’s POV

                As much as I wanted to skip school today, I can’t. Apparently, Mr. Yang wanted to discuss important Math questions in class today that he said might come out in our exam soon.

            I don’t know if it’s just a bait to make us come to school, but I really need it because I don’t want to fail again.

          It being his ‘favorite’ student.

         I had a long sleep last night. Right after I got home, I ate so much my stomach hurt. Then, after a short shower I had gone to sleep. My face is all bloated today but it’s the least of my concern. Despite that much of sleep yesterday, I still feel so tired and I pray I can get through the day.

        I was pulled back all of a sudden, making me surprised. Someone pulled me by my bag pack.

        I turned around with a very confused face to see a grinning Soohyun. Soohyun rarely smiles. I mean, he can smile and he smiles with me often. It’s just that it’s hard to see a real genuine smile out of him. Like a kid smile.

     I was stunned for a moment as I just stare at him. He pats my head, patting my bangs so it closed my eyes and chuckled. I pushed his hand away lightly, acting like I hated it.

      “Good morning”, he said, with a wide grin.  I smiled to him, “Morning”.

       “You look cheery today. Very unusual”, I pointed out.

         He lifted his shoulders and put on a smug face. “A guy can’t smile? ”, he said.

       I scoffed, “I didn’t say that! “.

      He chuckled again. “I thought you wouldn’t come to school today” he said. I shrugged and hold my shoulder. “My shoulders hurt “, I pouted.

     He clicked his tongue and looked at me, “You should’ve just told Mr. Yang to go easy on you. Especially since your friend ditched you to do the work alone” he said. I told him nothing about Jiyeon abandoning me for the work.

    I said nothing and looked away like I didn’t hear.

    He wasn’t finish talking, “Park Jiyeon shouldn’t have left you, though “, he said. I glared at him. “I get it. Stop talking! “, I said.

      

**

 

    We got in class together, him trailing behind me. Surprisingly, Jonghyun was already at his seat. He looked up at us when we got in together. He eyed us narrowly, more towards Soohyun.

   Soohyun ignored his stares and proceeded to his seat. I jerk my chin up at Jonghyun, signaling “What? “.

    He rolled his eyes at me and turned to the front.

    Soon, Mr. Yang came in. We all say our greetings when suddenly Jiyeon just arrived. She bowed a little bit at Mr. Yang and walked up to her seat with a casual face. I kept my mouth shut hoping nothing would happen. She does that all the time and so far no teachers had spoken up about her attitude yet since most teachers just don’t care.

     I leaned down in my chair as I saw Mr. Yang shaking his head in disapproval. 

      “ Park Jiyeon “ he called out sternly. The class was quiet. It’s really rare for the class to be quiet when Mr. Yang is in since he’s a very humorous teacher and everyone adores him.

    Uh-oh. I thought to myself. She’s definitely in trouble and I’m not the kind of person who can stand watching someone get in trouble. I can’t watch.

    Jiyeon looked at Mr. Yang boringly. I bit my lip. “ Jiyeon ah! Don’t do that face at him right now! “ I said in my head, telepathically sending my message to her.

    Mr. Yang’s face turned dark –he looks angry. Oh boy.

    I kicked Jonghyun’s chair just enough for him to feel it. He jerked a bit in his seat and turned around –raising his brows at me. I nod my chin towards Jiyeon, making a scared face. Jonghyun looked over to Jiyeon and he shrugged. Obviously saying that she’s a loss case.

     I looked over at Soohyun and he had a blank face on. When he noticed I was looking at him, he glanced a bit and grinned at me.

    Oh, he’s totally clueless.

    “ Where were you yesterday? “ he asked, his tone was icy cold. Jiyeon didn’t even bother to stand but her expression did looked bothered. She seemed to curse under her breath as she looked over at me. I just sent her an apologetic face. Surely, she knew I won’t tell on her –Mr. Yang just seems to find out.

       She sit up and sighed. “I went back home early” she replied.

      “Why? “

       “ Um..” she stuttered as she looked over at me for help. I began to panic. I’m not good at lying.

       “Well? “ Mr. Yang pressured.

       Jiyeon looked at me for help, desperate.

         Jonghyun noticed and looked over at me. He shook his head, telling me not to help.

      But how could I? When my friend is asking for it.

      “ Uh, Yang Saem! Jiyeon had terrible stomach ache yesterday so she can’t do the work” I lied blatantly. The whole class looked at me. I wonder if the lie didn’t sound believable.

    Well, who am I kidding? Stomach ache excuse is too overused! Damn.

       I looked to my side and Soohyun was looking at me as if he’s about to hit me in the head. I mouthed a  “What? “ at him but he just shook his head in disappointment. Even Jonghyun was doing the same.

       Why do I have a feeling that if IU is in this class, she’d do the same?

      Mr. Yang stared at me long, like he was judging me but then he just put down his book properly on the desk.

      “Very well, then”

      I sighed in relief as I grinned over at Jiyeon. She sighed in relief as well.

      “ But then after class, you two come see me” he said –especially glaring at me. 

      Ah, did I get myself in trouble now?

 

 

After class ended, my two friends turned at me abruptly. I looked at them both cautiously. “ What? “ I questioned.

     Jonghyun eyed Soohyun, his face was annoyed. Probably because Soohyun wants to talk to me too.

      “ Why the hell did you took her side? “ Jonghyun hissed under his breath, in case people hear it. “ What? Why? She’s my friend “ I replied, feeling a bit hurt.

      Soohyun shook her head. “But she’s clearly in the wrong. You almost faint yesterday doing the work alone. Mr. Yang send you and her for the work for a reason. It’s not like Mr. Yang sent you alone” he said, his tone was slightly harsh than usual, probably because he really hated what I just did.

      “ Then what do you guys want me to do? I can’t just see her get in trouble” I sighed.

        “ She deserved it “ Jonghyun gritted his teeth when he said that.

        Soohyun stayed silent, I looked at him for an answer. He pressed his lips together and finally said “ Go tell Mr. Yang the truth. If not, she’s going to keep doing that to you”

     “ I don’t mind about the work. She’s my friend”

     “ You almost fainted ,Suzy” he said.

      I said nothing afterwards. Jonghyun eyed us both suspiciously and then just turned to his seat back without a word.