Teacher

I Still Love You

 

I was nervous today as I walked to school. Even right after I stepped into the school gate, I could feel people’s eyes on me while they whisper. I tried making a face like I wasn’t aware of everyone’s attention but my knees are starting to feel a lot weaker as I walk through the hallway. I could feel all the attention was on me and it was honestly not pleasant. I got to my locker and as I reach out to open it, I finally realized how much I was shaking. I put down my hands and hold it as I breathe slowly to calm myself down. 

 

“ Hey “ Jonghyun and IU suddenly came to my side. I felt better to have someone with me and I greeted them like I always do. “ Hey guys “ I said with a smile but I guess they noticed the anxiety on my face. 

“ What’s going on? “ IU asked in a whisper. I shrugged. “ I don’t even know “ 

Jonghyun scoffed. He looks pissed. “ I know that teacher is up to no good. Favouring over one student. A girl. What the hell? “ he said and shook his head as he looked around at people who passed us because they were giving judging looks. 

“ Jonghyun. “ I said through gritted teeth. “ It was nothing. It’s not Yang Ssaem’s fault” I said, annoyed that even Jonghyun believes what’s going around. “ You’re defending him now? No wonder people get suspicious “ he said. 

My expression changed. Surprisingly, what he said offended me. I sighed out loud and slammed my locker shut. I bumped into the both of them as I make way to class, brushing my hair up so they don’t cover my face. At that moment, I could care less what other people think of me. I didn’t do anything wrong. 

 

IU

“ Seriously, Jonghyun? “ I said as I shook my head. “ You’re unbelieavable. I knew you weren’t sensitive but I didn’t know you’re this insensitive “ I said. My statement clearly offends him when he scoffed at me defensively. “ I was saying the truth! If she went around defending that teacher instead of telling people it’s wrong, the stupid rumours won’t die down! “ 

It was the first time I’ve seen him angry. Like really angry —and concern. 

“ She’ll be fine. You know Ssaem has been adoring her since last year. She’s like his favourite student” I said, trying to calm Jonghyun down. 

Weirdly adoring, you mean “ he corrects me. I roll my eyes at him in return. He’s taking this too seriously. 

“ Look. I know you’re mad about this but you don’t have to go off at Suzy. Pretty sure she’s bothered by it too” I explained. He seems to get it because he sighed and he looked guilty. “ I know. I went too far “ he said, leaning on the locker. 

Insensitive, you mean” I correct him with a hint of smile. 

“ Fine, insensitive” he accepts it and brushes his own hair. He looks bad. It’s like he really hates the rumours that’s going around like wildfire since yesterday. 

After the rumours reached the whole school yesterday, Jonghyun and I went to look after Suzy to see only her bag and phone left in class. We were only able to reach her after school because she was at home but we didn’t manage to talk to her because she wanted her time alone. I can’t believe Suzy, out of all people, got into a dating rumour with a teacher. I laughed when I heard it because of how ridicilous it sounded. Only stupid people would actually believe it. Stupid people, includes Jonghyun, because once he heard it yesterday, he got so mad that he told people off for talking about it in school. It was embarrassing that I had to pull him away from the hallway. 

“ What happened to Yang Ssaem anyway? “ Jonghyun asked. I shrugged my shoulders. I haven’t heard any news since yesterday so I wasn’t sure myself. “ They don’t have evidence. I don’t think they’ll get any punishment. It’s just a stupid rumour anyway” I said. 

Jonghyun’s hand curled into a fist. “ Yeah, that rumour wouldn’t happen if he had kept his distance from Suzy. It was so obvious at how differently he treats her and other students. “ 

I nod slowly, agreeing with him. “ That, I kinda agree. “ I said quietly. 

“ Agree because it’s the truth” he said. He leaned off the locker and bump my arm for us to walk to class. I followed. 

“ Don’t worry about it. It’ll be resolved “ I said, taking a glace at Jonghyun’s hard face. He’s been like this since yesterday. I feel like this is the longest he has been without his stupid jokes. 

“ It better be. “ he said with a serious tone. 

 

Suzy

 

I settled in class quietly. My classmates grew quiet when I entered and they started whispering . I hated it. I hated it more when I saw Taecyeon’s pitiful look on me. I looked away and pretend like I was playing games on my phone. 

Mr. Yang walks in for class and my whole body gone rigid in seconds. I knew my classmates are gonna start whispering again and it seriously gives me anxiety. Mr. Yang put his books on the table and looked at us. I look at him and he looked at me. I felt my heart starting beating loudly. So loud, I was afraid my classmates could hear them. I gulped and look down at my book. 

“ We’ll be looking at Chapter 7 today “ he said, resuming the class like nothing is going on. Part of me appreciates it but I saw my classmates had some smirks on them as they glance at me from behind. 

“ Well, what are you doing? “ Mr. Yang questions as he look at the class with a chalk on his hand. “ Open up your books, kids” he said and everyone began to rummage their bags for the textbook. The class resumed as usual. 

I tried not to fall asleep and pay attention so that he won’t call up on me. That way, people won’t talk further about us. It was weird and creepy for me when I heard about that rumour. Mr. Yang and I , dating? Really? Who even came up with that rumour? 

I know Mr. Yang and I are close but anyone can tell we’re just teacher and student. I’m pretty sure he acted that way with other students too. Right? 

I admit I never really pay attention to how Mr. Yang behaves around me. He always call me to run errands for him but I always took it as him purposely annoying me for always distrupting his class because I’m the only student who constantly doze off. That’s just basically it. Nothing more to it. 

I suddenly met eyes with Mr. Yang and he stops to look at me. I grew nervous and quickly look down at my book. , ! I muttered mentally. I hope my classmates didn’t catch that. What was he thinking anyway? Looking at me like that? Both of us will get in trouble! 

I managed to stay like that, looking down at my book, for the rest of the class. 

“ That’s all for today’s class. Make sure you do the homework on page 53 until 60. I’ll call one by one tomorrow to write on the board” he said, ending the class. Usual grunts are heard as everyone silently curse him for the homework. 

“Suzy “ 

I flinched when I heard my name from Mr. Yang’s mouth. . I muttered under my breath. I can’t believe he called me in front of the whole class. It’s not even my freaking full name! I slowly look up at him. The whole class’ attention are on us now. 

“ Come meet me after class” he said, and the murmurs starts. I look at him and he honestly looked like he didn’t give a damn about the murmurs although I am pretty sure he’s hearing them, too. 

I could already see the smirks, the disgusted look and the scoffs coming from my classmate’s faces. My anxiety is crawling in again, until Taecyeon suddenly speaks. 

“ Ssaem! You should just tell it in front of the class instead of calling a student individually like that “ he said.  I grew shocked as I look at the back of his head. Mr. Yang looks at him in silence. It’s the first time I’ve seen Mr. Yang quite taken aback by it. “ You know, to avoid misunderstandings” he added with a serious glint in his eyes. 

. Taecyeon. What were you thinking?! I thought. 

“ Yeah, Ssaem! It’s not fair. “ 

“ It’s suspicious!” 

“ Favouring only her. What the hell? “ 

I could feel my sweat started forming with all the sudden talk in class. Mr. Yang looked at me and at the class, he taps his pen on the table. He’s probably taking in all the students’ opinion. It’s the first time they even say it to his face. They usually just talk behind his back. 

“ You okay?” Eunjung reached out her hand to me when she noticed I’ve grown sweaty and quiet. I nod a bit and she gave me a straight smile as she turned in front again. 

Mr. Yang let out a small laugh and the class grew quiet. 

“ Guys. I would tell in front of the class if it’s something to publicly talk about. Now, I have to talk privately with her. What’s gotten into you kids? Chill out” he said with a playful smile. He’s shaking his head. 

What the hell? How is that supposed to help me now?! They’re gonna think wildly again! Ugh, Yang Ssaem is honestly not helping at all! I thought as I gripped onto my skirt frustratingly under the table. 

Taecyeon looked unsatisfied. 

 “ You should lower your strong gaze to your teacher, Taecyeon “ Mr. Yang said as he raised his eyebrow. 

“ People are going to get the wrong idea, Ssaem “ he said through gritted teeth. 

I wish he could stop talking. 

“ Oh yeah. Isn’t Suzy Taecyeon’s ex-girlfriend? Why did you guys break up anyway? “ a student suddenly piped in. 

What the fu- ? How did this conversation suddenly reach to this? 

I saw Taecyeon started to grow panic. Mr. Yang looked at me and then at Taecyeon. I saw his face grew serious when he noticed I grew uncomfortable. 

“ Yeah, did you guys break up because of Yang Ssaem “ another girl piped in. 

“ Oh my gosh. That’s horrible! “ 

“ With a teacher? “ 

They started murmuring and it’s gotten too much I feel like puking. 

Mr. Yang knocks on the table a few times for everyone to quiet down. “ Quiet. I’m not interested in your love lives. I’m calling her out so that I can settle things about the stuff you’ve been spreading about me and my student. “ he said. 

Everyone was quiet at once and started to feign ignorance, as if it wasn’t them who started the big deal. 

“ Kids. You guys have some imagination. “ he scoffed. He pointed his book at me signalling me to follow him as he walked out of class. 

I got up and looked at Taecyeon with a disappointed stare. He looked back at me guiltily. I walked out of the back door and I could hear they started murmuring louder once we left the class. I grunt in frustration and then I felt a book on my head , stopping me in my tracks. 

I look up to see Mr. Yang staring down at me with a blank face. I took a step back and look away. “ Are you okay? “ he asks quietly. I nod urgently, not looking at him. 

I felt a cloth on my forehead and realizes he was dabbing his handkerchief on my forehead because I was sweating. “ I’m sorry I got you into this trouble” he said sadly. He sounded disappointed, raw and different. He sounds like another person. Not a teacher I’ve known but like a man. 

Because of that fact, I started growing super nervous so I accidentally slap his hand away from my face in impulse. I saw his expression grew surprised at my actions. I looked away.  “ It-it’s f-fine “ I muttered as I reply to him. His hand fall to his sides as he coughed a bit to ease the tension. 

“ Don’t worry. I’ll settle it. “ he said. He put the handkerchief into my hand so I look up at him. He give me a small , straight smile and pat my head like he used to do. He turned around and walk away. I stood there still, staring at his slouching shoulders as he walks away from me. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n 5 June 18'

i really wanna hear your opinion on this chapter. what do you think? do you think Mr. Yang actually likes Suzy? 

dun dun dun 

I'm actually a fan of teacher-student stories especially the japanese ones lol , just letting you know

 

 

 

.