Outing

I Still Love You

                                                                            

           It’s Thursday and I miss IU dearly. It feels weird to not have her around. Although we are in the different classes, it’s a routine for me to search for her in her class and meet during breaks and hang out with her after school. Now that she’s back at her hometown, I feel lonely to not have someone to gossip about. I really want to tell her about what happen yesterday. I can call her… but it’s not fun on the phone.

          “ Bae Suzy ! “ Eunjung called from the end of the hallway. I stopped and turned to her direction. She was waving her hand like a maniac and ran towards me –hugging my arms as she reached me. I laughed heartily. “ What’s with you? “ I asked. She giggled and I got the hint.

        “ Is this about Hiro? “  I asked, grinning. “ Yes! “ she replied heartily. She clutched her chest and let out a dreamy sigh. “ I might go crazy “ she said. I chuckled at her. This is normal. She’s always like this when she talks about him. “ What happen? Did he notice you ? “ I asked, not being serious as I begin to walk. Break time isn’t over yet.

      She trailed beside me, swaying her body side by side, a habit she does when she’s happy. “ Yyyyyessss “ she replied, her face pink from blushing. My head snapped back at her as I stopped in my tracks. “ Reallllllly????! “ I asked, disbelief.

       She closed her eyes and pursed her lips tight together as she nodded enthusiastically. I covered my mouth and whispered  “ OH MY GOD “

      She nodded again “ I KNOW RIGHT” she said. “ I swear I was going to faint “

         I laughed at her and she began telling me about what really happened. She’s been having a crush on this guy since he helped her in the teacher’s office. Eunjung is really a hopeless romantic though. She’s the type of person who falls in love easily. Clearly, she’s head over heels for our half -Japanese senior.

       She’s been sending him secret admirer’s stuff like chocolates and gifts and apparently, Hiro’s been keeping it too. He seems to like them and appreciates it. Eunjung said he was investigating about the girl who’s been sending him those gifts and eventually he’d caught her. Now that the cat’s out of the bag, she’s free to meet him whenever she like although I doubt they’re dating yet. I think Hiro just wants to get to know her better.

       Lucky girl.

       I wish I can be that courageous.

     

 

      After the last period ends, I kick Jonghyun’s chair lightly, making him turn. He raised his eyebrows at me “What? “

      “ Are you free? “

     “ Why? “

      “ Just answer “ I scowl.

      He chuckled. “ Fine. No “

     My face fell. “ But aren’t you always free? “ I said. “ Sorry, girl. I’m occupied today “ he said and got up. “ Next time, kay ?” he said and waved a goodbye at me. I pouted in my seat. I looked over to my side. Soohyun is on his phone. He’s already carrying his backpack.

     “ Soohyun “ I call after him. “ Yeah? “ he replied without looking up. “ Are you free after this ? “

      “ Why? “ he looks up from his phone with his usual blank face.

        Why is everyone saying that?

        “ Just answer “ I scowl. He chuckled. Wow , even the reaction’s the same.

        “ Unfortunately, no. My cousin’s coming so I have to pick him up from the airport “ he said. My face fell again. He looks at me “ Wanna come? “ he asked, being nice.

        I shook my head. “ Nevermind. “

      We both got up and he put his phone into his pocket. “ I can send you home on the way “ he said. “ It’s okay. I’m stopping by the shops after this “ I replied.

       “ Oh okay then “ he said. He seems to be in a hurry as he went first after he bade goodbye.

       I texted Jiyeon. I wonder if she’s still at school. Usually, she and her friends hang out a bit after school on the rooftop.

[ to: Jiyeon

 You still at school? ]

She replied within seconds.

[ from: Jiyeon

I’m in the car with Dajung. Why? O.o]

Ah, so she’s with her friends. I don’t want to join with them though. I thought.

I replied to her  “ Nevermind. Have fun “ before putting back my phone into my pocket.

 I bumped into Mr. Yang at the stairs. When he sees me, he grins. “ Heyyo, Suzy” he said. I clicked my tongue  “Saem .. “ I rolled my eyes. He flicks my forehead “ Aigoo, you’re so cute “ and walk pass by me. I grunted in pain “ Saem! That hurt! “ I shout out to him, holding my forehead.

 “ It’s meant to hurt. Duh! “ he shouts back to me. I giggled. If he’s not my teacher, I would’ve hit him too.

“ Go back quick. There’s not much people left here “ he said a bit far from me. Since the hallway has no one so I was able to hear him. I “tch” at him and bow a bit before I go.

 “ I guess I’m alone today “ I mutter under my breath.

Well, I can just go alone then. I thought to myself. I was actually going to go and buy a dress for this Saturday’s prom. I feel like it’ll be weird to go alone because I need someone’s opinion on the dress that I’m going to buy.

I’m already walking out of the school gate and heading towards the bus stop when a motorbike stopped beside me. I looked with confusion as the guy opens his helmet. I stare in horror at Ji Soo. He grins at me. “ Hey, pretty “ he said, casually.

 I look around and notice some stares from the other remaining students at the bus stop, mainly girls. They’re whispering to each other as they eye Ji Soo and me. I told you this guy is popular in this neighbourhood. I grunt as I my forehead hardens. What is this guy doing here?

 “ You know I can report you for being a stalker “ I said.

“ Oh, come on. Be nice to Oppa, will you ? “ he said. He pats the seat behind him. “ I’ll take you home “ he said. I scowl “ No “

His face fell. “ Please? “

 “ Don’t say that. It’s creepy “ I muttered.

“ Why are you so afraid of me? “ he asked, he sounded helpless. Now, it’s getting creepier.

“ Uh, Ji Soo sshi. You were clearly trying to do something to me before and you were threatening us?  “ I said.

“ Well, it was in the beginning. After that, I just wanted your attention and you never give me” he said, he sounded almost honest but I don’t buy it. He’s a bad boy. I eye him suspiciously.

“ My intentions are pure “ he said, giving me his best good boy smile.

“ Where are you taking me anyway? “

“ Where you want to go “ he replied, looking satisfied that I seem to consider his offer. I look away for a second, thinking hard if  I should trust this guy. He’s a playboy but the other day when I left him hanging and went with Soohyun, the look he gave me was sad and I felt guilty for no reason when I shouldn’t be.

“ Please, Suzy? “ he asked again, noticing I’m being quiet.

“ Then, take me to Myeondong”  I said. His face immediately lit up as he nods eagerly like a puppy. Somehow…. He’s cute. I thought to myself and immediately shook it off as I find my own thoughts to be creepy.

 

 

We arrived there. It seems a lot of students are hanging out at that place after school because there’s a lot of teenagers with uniforms. Ji Soo is still wearing his uniform. We probably attract some attention because there’s a few people are turning their heads towards us. Or maybe towards –him.

I chuckled. “ They seem to be smitten with you “ I said quietly. He put his hands into his pockets and smirk “ Or to be exact, you “ he said as he nudges his head towards a group of boys by the café. I glance at them and they seem startled. I look away, blushing. To have that amount of boys staring at me secretly, that… kinda embarrasses me.

He holds his stomach as he laughs heartily. I slap his arm “ What’s so funny? “ I said, annoyed. “ Don’t you ever notice you attract boys a lot? “ he said. At his statement, I blush again. “ Shut up “

“ You’re so cute”

“ If you’re gonna continue, I’m going to leave “ I threaten.

“ Fineeeeeee “ he replied and try to stop laughing. I sighed. I’m not really used of people being so blunt at me.

“ Thanks for coming out with me. Really makes me happy “ he said. I looked up at him to roll my eyes until I stop because he’s actually blushing. “ What is going on with you? “ I asked

He quickly looks away as he holds his face. This time, I’m the one who’s laughing. That is so weird and …. Cute.

“ Why is Joo Hyuk not around? “ I asked to change the topic.

He seems to regain himself as he shrug. “ He got a girlfriend and ditched me “ he said. I laughed. “ Duh. Who wants to hang out with you “ I said, joking.

He scowls. “ Come on. You’re making me feel sad. Are you saying you’re here with me out of pity ? “

“ Yes “ I said bluntly.

“ Ugh “ he looks away. I didn’t know he would take it seriously although I gotta admit, it’s true that I accepted his offer out of pity.

“ I was joking! Geez, you’re like a girl aren’t ya? I thought you’re so badass “ I said, clicking my tongue. He scoffs and bumps his shoulder to me, sulking.

I’m SO not to used having him being like this to me so I look back at him with horror. He ignores my reaction. He probably enjoys my company.

If Sulli found out I’m here with him, and him being like this with me, she’s gonna really FREAK OUT.

“ Oh that’s the store “ I point and pull me into the store. He probably wants to sit. Typical boys. I laugh to myself.

If coming here with Ji Soo is weird enough, this is even weirder. I’m trying out dresses and actually asking for his opinion. I can’t even believe myself.

“ WOW. That looks good on you “

“ That’s so pretty”

“ You look AMAZING”

“ You look like an angel “

“ That’s beautiful. “

Every dress I tried on. He said I look good. He showered me with so much compliments it almost feels so uncomfortable. I can’t say anything back because he did seem genuine.

I tried on my 6th dress. It’s a white halter neck dress with mesh on the chest and to my back. The skirt has a pretty lace on it which makes the dress look dreamy. The length is just above my knee. “ I wonder if this is suitable for prom? “ I said as I opened the door to show it to him.

Again, his jaw drops as he stare at me with awe. “ This is soooooooo pretty!” he said. The salesgirls in the store look over at us and chuckle among themselves. I laugh awkwardly at them. “ Ji Soo. You said that for all the dresses! “

“ I know. But this is real. This is the One! “ he said, excited. “ Really?” I  asked, I turned to check myself in the mirror. I wonder if it’s appropriate for prom. Should I wear a long gown?

“ I think you look better in short stuff like this” he commented. I look over my shoulder to glare at him. He giggled. “ It’s not what you think, okay! I meant it. It suits you better. “ he said.

I turned back to the mirror.

“ And it’s not that short to show me anything… “ he said quietly but I caught it. I walk to him and slap him in the arm.

“ Ow! Okay! Sorry! Sorry! “ he said out loud, earning more attentions from people in the store. I bow to them apologetically and hissed at him to be quiet.

Then he grins “ I’d be the luckiest guy alive if you’re my girl “

There he goes again with his creepy remarks.

“ Ji Soo “ I said, sternly. He looks down. “ Fine! I know you don’t see me that way “ he said, his voice is sad, like he’s sulking. I shakes my head. I don’t know what to say anymore. I don’t even know if he’s serious.

“ Come on. I’ll buy this dress “ I said. He looks up almost immediately. “ Really! That’s awesome . Come on , I’ll pay “ he stands up quickly and then turns to me again. “ You have to. .”

“ I have to take it off first, duh “ I said, shaking my head at him for rushing like an idiot. He gave me his trademark grins and sit back on the chair.

 

After we got out of the store –and I wasn’t letting him pay although he was throwing a tantrum in the store, embarrassing me in front of the workers, I scolded him outside. “ Stop doing that “

“ Why don’t you just let me pay it for you. It’s not like I want something in return” he said. “ I don’t want to owe you, that’s all “ I replied, quietly.

“ Why? Because I’m not your boyfriend? “

There he goes again.

“ Yes. Happy? “ I said.

He grunts. He opens his mouth to say something but closes it back. I’m glad he did, because I got a feeling what he was going to say after all.

He walks beside me sulkily. It’s actually getting dark, it’s nearing twilight and my stomach grumbles. Ji Soo heard it and took the chance to buy me dinner. I sighed as I give in.

“ You know I think I liked it better when you were being mean “ I commented when we settled in a restaurant. He scowls. “ What do you mean by that? “ he said, disappointed. “ Erase that memory of me from your mind. From now on, Ji Soo is a reliable Oppa, okay? “ he said, acting cutely in front of me which make him look silly. I look around to see if anyone saw him did that.

“ Stop it “ I said and chuckled.

We ordered some meat and I’m already drooling from waiting. “ Ah, I’m hungry “ he muttered.

“ Yeah, me too “ I said.

He grins. Wow, he’s not even trying to hide that he’s really happy, huh?

Suddenly, a group of girls stop by my table. I look up to see familiar faces.

“ Suzy! Can’t believe to see you here! “ Jiyeon said, but her eyes are more focused on Ji Soo. Ji Soo’s enthusiast seems to disappear as he looked rather annoyed at them. I glance a bit behind Jiyeon to find Dajung and Taeyi glaring at me. They’re not even trying to hide it.

“ What is Ji Soo oppa doing here? “ Taeyi said, cheerfully, obviously acting like I wasn’t there. “ I’m eating with Suzy right now, can’t you see? “ he replied, unamused by the sudden intrusion. Taeyi glance at me, looking embarrassed.

I must say, that was rather harsh as I look at Ji Soo, giving him a warning glare.

He looks back at me and mouthed “ What? “ defensively.

“ Jiyeon, how about we eat with Suzy? “ Dajung suddenly speaks. Jiyeon looks at her then at me. “ I don’t know if Suzy wants too, though? “ Jiyeon asks me carefully. She knows I don’t like being around Dajung and Taeyi. Dajung, all of a sudden, with a change of attitude, said cheerfully to me , like we’re long time bestfriends. “ Suzy ah. Since we bump into you like this, how about we eat together? “ she said, her face is towards me but I could see her eyes are glancing towards Ji Soo.

So they have a crush on him? I thought as I studied the atmosphere. Ji Soo is popular in this place after all. It’s not shocking for them to know him. But it’s so fake of them both to act nice towards me just to join him to eat. That makes me sick.

But if I reject them, they’ll hate on me even more don’t they?  “ Ugh, I guess you can- “

“ What do you mean they can? This is a date. I don’t want anyone else joining us! “ Ji Soo said, suddenly angry as he stares at me, looking offended because I wasn’t considering his opinions at all. “ Ji Soo… “ I call, try to compromise with my eyes but he’s not taking it. “ No “ he said.

He looks over at them and repeat “ No. It’s just the two of us “ he said, sternly.

Dajung and Taeyi immediately look embarrassed and Jiyeon bid me a goodbye and they left to sit at the other table. When they left, I look at him helplessly. “ Why did you have to do that? Now they’re gonna on me forever! “ I said.

“ Who cares? They’re not even your friends except that long haired girl “ he said, grilling the meat in front of us. I pursed my lips and sighed. Fine, he’s right after all. I should thank him because I don’t even want to spend time with those two.

After dinner we bought ice cream to chill on the bench. We’re going home after this. It’s getting late.

“ Ah…this is the best day of my life” Ji Soo state, he stretches his arms up in the air and sneakily put it around my shoulder. I turn my head towards him and glare. “ Hands. Off “ I said.

He pouted and pull his hands away. “ You’re no fun “

I ignore and finish the last bit of my ice cream and throw it in the bin. “ Let’s go home”

 

 

When his motorbike arrived near my house, we both got off of it. I look at him with confusion as why he’s getting off. “ Uh..thanks for today? “ I said.

He smiles. “ It’s me who should thank you. I’m so happy today”

I laugh awkwardly and scratch my head.

“ Date me” he said.

I sighed. I thought he stopped. “ Ji Soo.. “

His eyes are hopeful and I know I have to end it. “ I’m sorry “ I said.

He sighed and laughed. “ Damn, I knew it already “

I look at him, guiltily. He’s so nice to me today although at times, he’s overwhelming.

“ Heheh “ he pat my head lightly. “ It’s fine. I have to accept that a perfect girl like doesn’t like me”

“ You’re making me feel worse. And I’m not perfect “ I said.

“ You are in my eyes “ he said, bending to eye level with me.

I stare back into his eyes as he’s getting near me. My reflex is to back away quickly but he pull my wrist towards him.

He lightly kisses me on my cheek. I stare back at him, wide eyed, obviously stunned. He grins widely at me “ I won’t dare to kiss you there, you know “ he said and winked. “ I’ll kiss you there when you decide I deserve it. “ he said.

“ That’s still sneaky, you know! “ I said, unsatisfied. He touched my forehead with his fingers, smoothing out the crease on my forehead for frowning.

   “ Sorry, I couldn’t help it. I was holding it in all day long” he said and that made me blush.

     “ You should go in. It’s getting cold “ he said. I “tch”  at him and shrug “ You should head home quickly then “

   He chuckles. I turn to my side and saw a familiar figure standing, witnessing us both. My mouth open in slight surprise and Ji Soo follows my gaze.

     He scowls. “ Why is he here? “ he said.

   “ Soohyun. What are you doing here?” I asked.

   He opens his mouth to reply but he isn’t looking at me at all. His eyes are on Ji Soo.

     “ Waiting for you, of course”

 

~*~

not edited guys! this is the longest chapter i have written in my life. it's 11 pages long.. huhu..I had a good time writing, although I'm prettttyyy sure there's mistakes all over the place.

Thanks for reading and commenting. love ya ;)