NORMAL

I Still Love You
 

 Jonghyun and Soohyun said they overheard some girls’ conversations near the lockers when they walked past them after the top 10 students’ meeting. They asked around and after knowing I went home alone, they instantly went looking for me. Jonghyun asked those girls where I’m at and they rushed to me. I was touched but it didn’t wash away my anger for those girls. How dare they even think of doing that psychotic scheme. Trying to scare me in an alley because of a guy? Are they immature?

      “ You should go tell Mr. Yang tomorrow” Soohyun suggested.

   “ Nuh-uh. Let’s go to the police” Ji Soo shook his head disapprovingly. Soohyun glared back at him. “ What would a teacher do? “ he questioned him further.

   “ It’s fine. I’ll tell Mr. Yang –he’s a good teacher” I said to calm them down. I also think going to the police is too much. Taeyi and Dajung instantly looked like they regretted what they did. Even if I want to report Najung only, they’ll be dragged as well. I decided to just let Mr. Yang know.

      Suddenly, Ji Soo’s phone rings. He looked startled when he received the phone call. I raised my eyebrows at him in question. He pursed his lips “Okay” ,he said before hanging up.

    He looked sorry at me and said “ I have to go home, my mom sprained her ankle “ He stood up. “ But I could quickly send you home “ he said.

    “ It’s okay. You should go home” I said, not wanting to burden him anymore. I have these two guys anyway. “ Thanks for today “ I smiled.

   He smiled back warmly and it makes me happy without knowing. I don’t think I’m hanging out with him out of pity anymore. I like having him around, actually. When he’s nice like this –and not as clingy. We could actually be real friends.

   He gave a curt nod at Soohyun and Jonghyun before leaving quickly. He looked really worried. I hope his mother is fine.

   “ I’ll take you home “ Soohyun and Jonghyun suddenly said at the same time. I have my eyes staring at them with raised eyebrows. “ Relax, guys. Let’s go home together”  I chuckled. They both hold me by my sides as I walked slowly out of the ER.

 

We took a taxi back home and it dropped me and Jonghyun in front of my house since Soohyun lives in another neighbourhood.

  “ What happened to you? “ my mom rushed to me as she saw me enter the house with Jonghyun helping me. She stared me up and down, at the scratches on my face and wrapped legs. She looked at Jonghyun for explanation.

   “ Bullies” he replied simply.

    My mother looked furious. “ Tomorrow, I’m going to your school to meet your teacher “ she said sternly and took me to the living room.

   “ Can I tag along in your car? “ Jonghyun playfully requested. My mom laughed and nodded “ Sure, Jonghyun. Make sure you’re up early”

   “ Yes, ma’am! “

 

 

 

 

  The next day I woke up with my whole body feeling sore. I told my mother I couldn’t possibly go to school today so she went ahead with Jonghyun to talk to my teacher. Thank God, my homeroom teacher is Mr. Yang. He knows what to do.

    I snuggled back in my sheets trying to go back to sleep until I realized my stomach is grumbling. I tried getting up but my legs hurt and no one is at home.

    “ Just my luck “ I grunted and buried my face in the pillow.

 

  I went to school after two days. I met Mr. Yang and he told me the girls are receiving punishment. He also asked if I’m okay –which is so like him.

   I went back to class and some of my classmates asked why I was gone. I brushed them telling that I have a fever. I noticed Taecyeon was staring at me since I entered the class. I bravely stare back at him. I wonder if we could somehow be friends again. He was a very nice friend to me. It’s just that our feelings got in the way. I shouldn’t have dwelled on it. I sigh to myself at the thought.

   The History teacher entered the class for the first period and everyone returned to their seas. She began nagging at us to start focusing because examinations are coming near. I instantly realized I should begin studying.

 Don’t wanna get another D for History.

  

   As usual, I began dozing off only 20 minutes in for History. I caught the teacher glaring at me. I gulped and tried opening my eyes wide so I can be wide awake. I heard something hit my leg so I looked down. Soohyun was nudging me. I looked at him and he passed me some sweets to wake me up.

  I grinned at him and took it.

   “ Bae Suzy! What are you doing? “ the teacher suddenly raised her voice.

   I was startled as the whole class’ attention is on me. “ Are you eating? “ she asked again. She glared at me like she hates me.

    I nodded slowly. “ Yes “ But it’s because I’m sleepy.

   I said it in my mind. If only I dare to say it out loud.

  “ DETENTION FOR EATING IN CLASS” she said, her voice becoming scarier. I looked down to my book as if I’m reflecting.

   “ Saem! “ Soohyun suddenly voiced out. When I raised my head to look to the side, he’s got his hand up in the air. “ I gave her the sweets, I’m eating too”

   Some of our classmates sniggered. Jonghyun had his mouth hung open at him.

    The teacher hesitated but it’ll be obvious if she doesn’t give him detention too so she quietly said “ Kim Soohyun, detention”

   I looked at him, confused but he was smiling like a kid who’s got his candy.

 

 

    “ Come on, now. You want to succeed ,right? You already did well in Maths. How about in History too?” Soohyun began to lecture me during detention class because it’s self-study session.

     “ It’s booooooooooring”  I grunted. He laughed like he thinks it’s funny.

    “ I know. But you gotta do what you gotta do” he said and leaned back in his chair.

    I sighed and turned my head to the side, facing him. “ Can you teach me? “  I asked, puppy eyed.

  He burst out laughing. “What’s there to teach about History? You just have to read for yourself “ he said, shaking his head , not accepting my laziness.

   I blew my bangs, feeling embarrassed. “ The thing is, if I read by myself, that won’t happen. I’ll just close the book or sleep after 5 minutes!” I argued.

   He kept on laughing like I’m an idiot. I rolled my eyes and ignore him to doodle on my book.

   He stopped laughing when he saw me looking annoyed. “ Alright. I’ll teach you. But it’s more like, forcing you to read and study” he said. I looked up to him with a big smile. “ Thankkkkkkkkkkkkssss “  

   “ My house at 8 “ he said simply.

  Suddenly, I blushed. His house?