Heart

I Still Love You

Suzy's POV 

 

           Again today, for English class, our teacher was absent because she is sick so we have another free period today. Because the principal doesn’t trust us in not making any noise he ordered us to go settle in the library again for the whole two hours.

       Half of the class grunted while some just shrugs and gather their books then got up. I’m the ‘shrugs and gather’ person.

        Once we got in the library, I sit at my usual seat which is with Im Yoona and Son Naeun. Son Naeun rolled her eyes at me when she saw me sitting in front of her. Gosh, I don’t like her. I look around to find my pretty friend, Jiyeon but she is nowhere in my sight. I sigh.

     I remember how she looked at me yesterday after Taecyeon talked to me. Her gaze was cold, almost glaring at me. I wasn’t scared of her but I was scared if I hurt her. I hope she didn’t have any bad thoughts of yesterday.

     I mean, I was merely talking to Taecyeon as a friend.

       “ As a friend,my . You like him, remember?” a voice in my head says.

        “ She took him away from you. You’re not the bad person here” it continues.

        I shake the thoughts off. I won’t let a boy ruin all my years of friendship with Jiyeon. I’m not that low.

        While I was battling with my thoughts, I can feel someone looking at me so I slightly lift my head and saw Taecyeon is watching me. I look back at my book and slightly blush pink. It was uncomfortable. What if I look weird?

      I glance at his side again and he is still looking!

      "This is disturbing” I thought.

       Since I can’t concentrate at reading at all when I can feel his eyes are on me, I decide to glare at him. He is surprised to see me responding and he chuckles. His eyes turn small and it flutters my heart.

      He focus his eyes on me and I shake my head, signaling him to stop.

       He grins. He nods, annoying me by stating the opposite.

       I shake my head harder. He nods harder and smile till his eyes turn small again.

       I unknowingly smile.

       “Are you okay?” Yoona asks. My head jerk back at her, surprised. “ Huh ?” I say and realize both Yoona and Naeun are looking at me like I’ve lost my mind. Yoona looks back and sees Taecyeon. “ Ah, Taecyeon was bothering you isn’t he ?” she says as she glares at him also in a joking manner. I just laugh.

      “He likes you I can tell” Yoona says. I immediately blush. Yoona chuckles and resume her reading.

       Naeun is eyeing me weirdly but she fake smiles whenever Yoona looks at her. Ugh, this faker.

       Suddenly, someone pulls a chair from beside me and sits. I turn to the left and it’s Soohyun. “Oh? Why are you here again?” I ask.

       He shows me his line of perfect teeth. “Can’t I? Same reason “, he says.

        “Ahh…” I say and let him. While I glance back at Taecyeon whose expression has changed, Soohyun leans closer to my ear and whispers “ So you’re close with him now?” I jerk back, further from him and glared. He grins and mouths a sorry.

         I shrug, “ We were close before too” I say.

        “ But I thought you guys aren’t friends anymore”

        My forehead roughens. Wow, didn’t know Kim Soohyun wants to know about my private life.

        “ I saw you guys went back home together yesterday” he says when he noticed I ignored his statement. I stare at him “ Were you stalking me or what?” I say, which come out a little bit loud because Naeun looks up at me like she was gonna spank me.  

       He chuckles. “ Sort of “

       I slap his arm hard and he yelps loudly “Ow!” but he doesn’t look like he’s hurt at all because he laughs after that.

       When I turn, Son Naeun looks like she’s about to murder someone.

      Oops, my bad for hitting her prince charming.

        I laugh at Soohyun who’s still making his pain a big deal. I casually look back at the table Taecyeon was at to notice he was gone.

 

*

 

           I wrap my grey scarf around my neck. It’s starting to get a little bit colder and windy. I did forgot my gloves so my hands are freezing. I blow some air out of my mouth and stuff my hands into my blazer pockets which aren’t warm enough.

        I wanted to go back home with Jiyeon today to know if we’re still in good terms but she disappeared and when I asked, she had actually left early with Eunjung.

           It’d be a big fat lie if I say I wasn’t hurt. I decide to let it go. She’ll talk to me when she’s cool off. “Suzy!” someone pat my back from behind. It’s Taecyeon. I smile through my scarf. I look around us. There are still students from our school. You can say that I am kind of self-concious about him talking to me.

          “Hi” I reply. He smiles and pulls my hand out of my pocket and that shocks me. “ Taecyeon!” I pull back my hand and look around if anyone saw that.

         “What?” he says, unaffected by it. I sigh. “ What do you want anyway?” I say.

          I might have sound too harsh to a person whom I like, but that’s how I am. I don’t show my feelings towards him because I’m scared if he finds out. “Oh come on. I just want to walk you home” he says, blankly.

        I begin to hesitate. “Ugh, nevermind. I can go on my own” I say and begin to walk first.

         He sighs and ran to stop me. He holds my arm and sighs. “What are you worried about? Jiyeon? We’re over! “ he says, sounding frustrated. I look away. “ No, it’s just that..” I struggle to find the perfect excuse but nothing came out.

         Although spending time with him makes me happy, it’s hard because sometimes my feelings get too much and I’m worried. Seeing me hesitates, he sighs again and let go of my arm. “ Fine, I’ll leave you alone” he says.  I feel half upset, half relief.

          He pulls something out of his bag and hand it to me. “Make sure you read this” he says. It’s a white envelope with ‘Suzy’ written on it. I take it in my hand and stare at it. He looks at me again and smiles nervously. “Well, okay then. I’ll take my leave. “

         I nod and smile at him “Okay.” He stares long at me and sighs again. Honestly, why did he keeps doing that?

         “Bye doll” he says and walks away.

         I feel confused by it somehow. Hope it’s not something bad. I shrug it off and put it in my bag. “Uhh, it’s cold” I say and begins jogging to get back home quickly.

 

 

Once I got back home, I quickly open the envelope since it has been bothering my thoughts. Inside the white envelope is a letter. And it read;

 

Hey doll.

I know it’s cheesy [I cringed myself while writing it]

But I just need to tell you. I can’t say it to your face because seeing your face just shakes my heart so I’ll just write it here.

It took me really long to actually come out with proper words. I’m just gonna be honest with you, doll.

I like you and it took me so long to realize that.

I’ll be the happiest guy alive if you will be my girl.

-your cheesy&helpless friend, Taecyeon ;)

 

       Right after the last word, my heart begins beating so fast. I can’t believe it. I can’t believe this. I can’t believe that my love isn’t one sided. I’m speechless as I stand there, in the middle of my room, with one letter in my hand.