RUN

I Still Love You

 

 

14.

      “Park Jiyeon.” Mr. Yang began. I gulped. Jiyeon bad a bored look on her face, showing that she’s completely annoyed. “ Seongsaengnim” she retorted. Mr. Yang raised his eyebrows at her.

       I stand beside her awkwardly as I eyed them both back and forth. I’m trying so hard not to bite my nails at this moment. I wish neither both of them will lose their temper because I hate seeing people get angry.

       “ Don’t you think you’re targeting Suzy and I too much?” Jiyeon said , bluntly. Mr. Yang smirked but he let her continue.

       “ Why is it always us who have to do things. There’s other students in your class too “ she said, her tone was angry.

       Mr. Yang looked up at her, his playful look had gone. “ You never did what I asked you to, not even once. Our Suzy right here always do what I asked her to do yet she didn’t complain? “ Mr. Yang said.

      Jiyeon laughed. “ Seongsaengnim… Don’t you know Suzy? She’s nice. Why would she complain it to you? She’ll just accept it keep the trouble to herself “ she replied, cockily.

      Again, Mr. Yang smirked at her.

      “ So that’s why you always take advantage of our sweet Suzy?”

      “ What? “ Jiyeon looked stunned, she’s getting real angry. “ Bae Suzy is my friend “

      “ Then, you would’ve helped her. Do you know you put her in a hard time by not helping? And she didn’t even complain it to me”

       Jiyeon scoffed as she looked away. She glanced at me but said nothing. She was very much speechless.

       “You don’t like me calling you? Fine. I won’t call your name anymore. You may leave “ Mr. Yang said coldly. Jiyeon rolled her eyes in anger as she abruptly her heels and left.

        I was playing with my skirt as I looked down. I could feel Mr. Yang’s eyes on me. I wish I could disappear. “ Why didn’t you just tell the truth?”

       I looked up. “ What truth? “

      “ That she purposely ditched you “

      “ It’s not a big deal “

      Mr. Yang was quiet so I peeked through my bangs to look at him. He was staring at me intently. I felt nervous.

      I sighed. “ I’m sorry. I can’t see her in trouble, that’s all “ I said. Mr. Yang looked away and nodded. He let out a deep sigh. I know he was doing it for Jiyeon’s own good. He wanted to discipline her and I wasn’t helping because I keep letting her have her own way.

      “ Right. I can’t force you to change yourself, Suzy ah. But I hope you won’t force yourself to do works alone, anymore. If you hate watching your friends in trouble, you should hate troubling yourself too” he said, caringly. I nodded, feeling shy all of the sudden. It was rare to see him being this serious and kind.

       “ You may leave “ he said and left.

       “ I heard you got in trouble with Mr. Yang “ IU said the first second she saw me out of my class. I shrugged. “ You’re an idiot. You should’ve just let Jiyeon get scolded. She’s being pampered too much” she continued talking but it all sounded blurry to me because I couldn’t focus. I don’t want to hear anything about it anymore. I make my own choices, I live up to it.

      

 

        “ You’re eating too much “ Sulli said as I keep picking more plates from the moving sushi lane. I shrugged as I picked it up with my chopstick and dipped it in the soy sauce. When I’m having bad days or when I’m moody, I’ll go to the sushi place because eating it always makes me feel better.

       “ You should eat too” I said, my mouth still full of food. Sulli shook her head as she just sipped on her drink. I’m sure she wants to eat more but the bill is going to get ridiculous. She looked at me worriedly “ Are you sure you have enough money? “ she asked.

     I nodded casually, waving my hand at her dismissively, asking her to stop worrying. She “pfft” at me and looked around the restaurant boringly. Suddenly, she flinched. Her head quickly snapped right at my direction, “ Yah. Quick. We have to go” she said.

   “ Huh???” I looked at her in disbelief. I still haven’t finish eating. She slapped my hand slightly, again and again, with her head down. “ Put them in your bag “ she whispered. My eyes were big. What’s wrong with my sister?

   “ Are you crazy? “

   She hushed me and pointed to the side. I turned and my eyes were big as saucers. It’s the older boys from the all-boys school in our neighbourhood. My head snapped back at her and nodded as my hands quickly wrapped my beloved sushi into tissues and putting in carefully in my bag. Both of us slowly left our tables with our head covered with our hair.

    We went to the cashier and quickly told him to give us the bill. The cashier was weirded out by us, but he proceeded. I pulled out my cash and gave it to him quickly and as he handed us the receipt, we heard the boys spoke out loud.

     “ You two over there! Stop “ he said. The cashier looked at us weirdly. I looked at Sulli and she at me. She nudged me by my ribs slightly and as she counted with her eyes, we made a dash out of the restaurant. Behind us, we heard them yelling. “ Yah! Dammit, stop them! “

     Sulli was faster than me. When she noticed I was slightly behind, she ran back to me and pulled me with her by the hand. I was slowly getting exhausted and she sensed it so we turned to a corner.

      The guys, Ji Soo and Joo Hyuk were popular guys from the all-boys high school. They’re handsome and tall. They’re really popular in our neighbourhood. One time, I went out with Sulli and Soojung to a nearby street shop to eat fishcakes and tteokbokki. The guys suddenly took their own seats at our table and ate our food while grinning at us. By the time I know it, they were hitting on us. They asked us to go stroll the city with them at night and told us they had a bike each.

       I was truly uncomfortable about it and wanted to leave but I felt like it was cowardly since I’m the eldest among Sulli and Soojung. Ji Soo started playing with Soojung’s hair and she looked scared. Sulli immediately slapped Ji Soo’s hand away and snarled at him, “ Don’t touch her, bastard “ she said. Ji Soo and Joo Hyuk both looked at each other and laughed.

        Ji Soo took Sulli’s hand and I flinched because he was touching my sister. “ Don’t touch my sister “ I hissed. I was even more frustrated and embarrassed that none of the people around us were even trying to help. They either just silently watched, or ignored.

       Ji Soo chuckled. “ Aren’t you going to slap my hand away too, sweetheart? “ he said, winking at me. I got goosebumps. I wished I could just punch him in the face and get away with it. Ji Soo got up from his seat and approached to my side, I began to shake. I’m not good at fighting so I’m afraid of him at that moment.

      He pulled me by my bare arm, and the feeling of his skin on my skin was terrifying that I was stunned and speechless. “ You looked older. Maybe you should come with us, then” he said, successfully making me stand up.

      “ You’re pretty “ he said, whispering. It sent chills down my spine. His hand let go of my arm and I could feel it going down to my waist so I made a move to push him away but before I knew it he backed away with a grunt.

       Red sauce and some rice cakes were all over his hair, face and body. I looked at Sulli. Turns out she dump all the food to his head. I was grateful but also scared because the boys are going to get really angry. Soojung stood up and Sulli looking at me with wide eyes. I was still stunned by the situation but I could see moving in slow motion, telling me to run. So I did.

      Later when we got back home and managed to escape, we laughed so hard together and hugged.

     And right now we’re running again. I was huffing and puffing as I lean on the walls, catching my breath. Sulli was laughing out loud again to herself and soon, I found myself laughing too. It reminded us of the old times. “ We should leave “ I said, in case they managed to find us again.

      Sulli nodded, still catching her breath. We looked left and right to catch a sight of them but they weren’t there so we got out of our hiding space to make way to the parking lot.

      As we were approaching the elevators, my arm was pulled back and my face was met with Ji Soo’s . My eyes were wide and when I looked back, Sulli was gone. I began to panic. Where is she?

      Thoughts started circulating in my mind and I was scared to my tummy. I tried wriggling away from his hold but he was strong. Joo Hyun arrived a moment after and said he had lost Sulli. Ji Soo dismissed him as he stared at me deeply. I gulped.

     “ Let me go or I’ll scream “

       He smirked. “ Do it and I’ll kiss you “ he said. I was shocked by it and my stomach churned in an uncomfortable way. I gulped again.

       “ I’d report you as ual harassment, then” I said, glaring back into his eyes with confidence. He chuckled. “ You’re cute. I shouldn’t let you go “ he said. I glared at him even more as I looked passed his head with hope someone I know might see me here.

       As if God had listened to my prayers, I saw Soohyun coming out of a shoe store which is right straight from where I’m at. He was still standing there, not moving, as he looked at his phone. I took it as my chance.

       “ I’ll kick you if you don’t let go now “ I said whilst looking at Soohyun.

       “ Try me “  he said.

        And I did. I kicked him hard in his private area that made him yelped in pain and let go of me immediately. “ You son of a- “ he grunted and tried to catch my hand but I made a dash straight to where I’m looking at. Joo Hyuk noticed a few seconds late as he looked at his poor friend stumbling in pain and at me who’s running away. Ji Soo told him to go after me and he did.

      “ Soohyun!!!!!!!!! “ I yelled to catch his attention and he immediately looked up in surprise. “ Suzy- “ he muttered as I hugged his arm and pulled him close to me making him surprise. “ Take me out of here. “ I said, breathless. He was still confused. I looked to my side and saw Joo Hyuk nearing me in the sea of people. I tugged on his arm harder and said “ Quick! “

     He seemed to notice a guy was going after me and he nodded as we left together. He told me he parked his car outside and I sighed in relief. At least we can get out of this mall first. When I got in his car, I immediately locked it. Soohyun got in and took his breath. “ What was that about?! “ he said. I grinned, not replying. I took out my phone and called my sister.

     Sulli is good at escaping so I’m sure she’s somewhere safe. She picked up within seconds. “ Unnie! Did you make it?! “ she screamed in the phone. I hold my phone further from my ear. “ Yeah, I’m fine. Where are you? “ I asked.

      Sulli told me her location and Soohyun proceed to pick her up. When the car neared her, Sulli was cautious but when she saw me she immediately came near. She eyed the car suspiciously and I said “ It’s fine. He’s my friend “

 

 

 

/a/n: don't mind me using Ji Soo and Nam Joo Hyuk as special guests in this chapter. I was excited waiting for Moon Lovers and also Ji Soo looked so badass in Doctors ^_^