Reaction .

I Still Love You

         “I like you and it took me so long to realize that. I’ll be the happiest guy alive if you will be my girl. “

                Those words keep repeating in my mind ; floating around me as I try to comprehend that it is reality. I drop my bag to the floor and throw myself on my bed.

             “Whoa..” I let out a deep sigh. “He likes me” I blurt it out and immediately cover my mouth and roll around on my bed out of shyness. I laugh to myself and smile. “He really does like me “ I say with a smile. I feel like the happiest girl at the moment.

         I’ve been liking him quietly for a long time already.  I sit up “What should I respond though?” I ask myself. I pull out my phone from my pocket, “Should I ask Jieun?” I say.  Suddenly, my phone rings which shocks me. I blink a few times when I see who’s the one calling.

        “Omo omo omo omo!” I cry out loud, still holding my phone away from me, battling whether I should pick up or not. I’m not good with this kind of stuff. I don’t know how to react! The phone keeps ringing. I’m afraid if it’s going to be over so I immediately answer, “Hello?”, I say ; slightly out of breath.

        “Hey “ Tacyeon’s voice vibrates into my ear. My heart flutters, and I stutter to reply , “Y-yeah?” There was a short pause and I heard ruffling noise so I think he was ruffling his hair, “Did you read it?”

          I blush and quietly I answer, “…Yes”

        I feel as if he’s blushing too on the other line and a surge of warmness spread through me, “So what’s your answer?” he asks. He waited.

        “I like you too. “  I say, with plenty of courage that I bottle up all along. I like you.

          I was so happy I said it and on the other line he’s clearly happy too as we  burst out laughing. 

         “I guess I see you tomorrow then “ he says and I nodded , as if he can see it.

 

 

***

 

        The next day is like a blur to me. “Suzy !” Taecyeon calls me from behind and I flinch. Should I turn? Should I make my run? I just don’t know what to do. Plus, I’m shy!

       While I’m debating with myself in the middle of the hallway, Taecyeon already reach me and pat my shoulder. I flinch for the second time. I shyly look up and give the fakest smile ever. “ Hi, Taecyeon “

       Surprisingly, he gives me his gummy smile and throws his head back; laughing. I scratch my head. He stops laughing and I hear him mutters under his breath , “Cute “ and I blush even more.

            “Ah! I need to go. Bye! See you later! “ I quickly say as I make my run , away from him. Remind me to punish myself later for being such an embarrassment to myself.

 

 

            When I get to class, I am huffing and puffing ; exhausted from running from my new boyfriend. That word doesn’t settle nicely in my tongue.

          “Ew” I thought.

            I look up as I head to my seat. There, seated Jiyeon with her other model-like friends, staring at me.

         For a moment, I see Park Jiyeon glaring at me and to be honest, I am offended and scared by that look. Not because I’m scared she’ll do something to me, but scared that I have been a rather ty friend to her.

           I gulp and quietly take my seat. From behind me I hear her got up from her seat. My palms are sweating ; wondering if she’ll start a ruckus here in the classroom with her friends against me , alone.   Instead, I hear her say “I feel sick. I’m heading to the infirmary “

         Silently, I sigh breath of relief.

 

 

           Jiyeon didn’t return to class until break. The bell rings and I don’t feel like eating at all. I lost my appetite which is really rare to happen.

          Jonghyun bumps my shoulder with his arm, getting my attention. “What?” I ask.

         “What’s wrong with Jiyeon?” he asks.

         “I don’t know” I say without much interest and lay my head on my desk. He kneels by my desk and look at me, his face close to me. I jerk my head away from him, feeling uncomfortable. “Are you guys fighting?” he asks.

        I frown “What makes you think that?”  I say.

       “I can just tell. Do I need to list the possibilities? “ he says, rolling his eyes.

         I sigh and close my eyes. “I don’t wanna talk about it, Jjong. I have a headache” I say.

        I hear Jonghyun sighs. He gets up and pat my head “Fine, I’ll leave you alone” he says and left. I let out another sigh. “What’s wrong with my life” I mutter.

         I hear something is placed on my table. I open my eyes and see Soohyun’s back walking away from me. “Huh? “ I thought. I look by my side and see a packet of panadols on my desk. I smile somehow feeling flattered by it.

        “Gee thanks” I say to myself. 

 

***

 

         “ Suzy ya “ IU calls me. We are currently in a manga café which IU and I always come. It’s also my hideout when I feel down. I am sipping on the straw of my coffee and look up from my phone. “Um, what? “  I ask, obliviously.

       IU takes a long look at my face without saying anything.

        I chuckle at her serious expression. I reach out to her and lightly slap her hand, “Yah Jieun, what’s wrong with you” I say. She blinks, “Don’t you have anything to tell me?” she asks.

       I thought long as I look up, recalling my memories. “I don’t think so?” I say, looking back at her with an innocent face. Her face turns gloomy, disappointed.

         I laughed. “Come on. Don’t be around the bush. Just tell me “ I say. It’s obvious she’s curious about something. IU sighs. I wait for her response.

        “Jiyeon told me…” she starts and my lips suddenly feels dry. She observes my face and continues, “that you and Taecyeon are dating” she says. I put away my phone and look down, feeling slightly awkward talking about it. I scratch my head, “Uh, yeah “ I say, without looking at her.

         She sighs again. “ Suzy, I understand your situation. But what are you going to do about them? I mean, even Eunjung is angry at you “ she says, worried. I finally look at her face and her expression is coated with concern. I smile , “ Don’t worry about it. They’ll be fine in time “ I say.

       I take my coffee and sip on it again. “We’re friends after all … “ I say quietly, feeling slightly unconfident.

 

 

 

***

Hello guys! The manga café I stated is sort of how it’s portrayed in My Love From the Star! <3

ENJOY THIS PRETTY PICTURE OF URI SUJI! <3<3

BTW, I wrote this and realized its SO CRINGY! BEAR WITH ME!

7b3e228f-dd90-4e30-a2c5-527becaadb4c.jpg