Girls

I Still Love You

The next day went normally. I was paranoid the whole day but thankfully apart from some ugly stares , I didn’t get any deathly glares so I think no one would really hurt me. Those were just jealous stares. I don’t even know why they would even be jealous of me. I’m a loser and Ji Soo doesn’t even really like me.

That’s what I thought.

I breathe out a sigh of relief and pack my bags to leave. IU , Soohyun and Jonghyun were called by the teacher. There’s some meetings for the top 10 students in every classes. In our group, Jiyeon, Eunjung and I are excluded. Eunjung is absent today though and Jiyeon is nowhere to be seen as usual. I guess I’m going back alone today.

  While I walk alone out of the school among other students, a guy with a different school uniform approached me. I felt totally weirded out and also afraid so I acted like I didn’t see him and walked quickly.

  She stopped me by my arm and I gasped in shock and yanked my hand away from him.  “What are you doing? “ I asked, glaring up to him in anger for being rude. Who the hell grab a stranger?

   He chuckled like it’s funny, boiling me even further. “ I need to say something to you. Can you follow me? “ he said.

   He must be crazy. Why would I follow a creep like you!? I thought to myself. This is what parents always remind their kids about. Do not follow strangers even if he still looks like a high school boy.

I shook my head vigorously and bowed a bit, signaling him that I’m not interested and that I’m leaving. But he didn’t seem to get that, or precisely –he didn’t want to let me go.

He laughed and pulled me to him. “You’re so stubborn “ he mumbled and I felt my knees were weak from fear. I clutched my bag straps tightly like it could save me from anything. I looked from the people around me helplessly, but they just glanced at me weirdly and walked pass me. At this moment, I wished Soohyun , IU or Jonghyun is here. Or even Jiyeon. Or even Mr. Yang.

Just what does this freak wants from me ?

He pulled me to follow him, his grip on my arm was hard , it hurt.

“Let me go! “ I tried wriggling in his touch and almost made a move to kick his knees but he lifted me up so I can’t move. I was terribly shocked and felt like I’m going to cry.

 Then, he dropped me somewhere at the alley of a rich neighbourhood. I felt confused so I looked up at him and glared , trying to scare him. “What do you want from me! “ I shouted at him, trying hard not to cry.

  He shook his head “ I don’t want anything from you” he said. Then, he looked to the side and jerk his chin towards it. “They do” he said and it gives me shivers.

I looked to my side to see a bunch of girls walking towards me in a gang like in the movies. I felt scared all of a sudden. At that moment, I regret quitting Taekwondo when I was young. If not, I might be able to defeat all of them.

   As the girls were walking near, I recognized almost all of them. They were in six and among them are none other than Taeyi and Dajung. I looked at them in disbelief, didn’t think they’d go this far to spit on me although I’m also Jiyeon’s friend. They glared at me as if telling me not to look back at them but I just couldn’t look away. I felt sick to my stomach.

  Then, the other two were the girls who purposely bumped into me in the hallway and the other one is the girl who eyed me in the teachers’ room hence the girl who witnessed Ji Soo talking to me. Are they seriously doing this because of that guy?

If I had known it’d bring me this much trouble, I wouldn’t have agreed to hang out with him in the first place. I wouldn’t have pitied him if I knew I’d pitied myself more in the future. I mentally sighed. I wonder what are they actually going to do. Are they gonna hurt me? Despite that, I don’t feel scared towards them. I just feel disgusted and sorry that they could go to this extent because of stupid jealousy.

   “Najung ah, pay me” the guy who dragged me here said to them, holding out his hand to the girl who eyed me in the teachers’ room. It’s about time I know her name.

   She made an annoyed face and took out some cash ,handing it over to him. The guy stepped back with his money and began counting it.

  I scoffed, amused. They even spent their money on me? Wow, talk about dedication.

   “What are you scoffing at? “ Najung said harshly and pushed my head to the side. My hair fell to my face ,feeling shocked that she dared to touch me. I lifted my face to glare at her, this time my anger is building up. How rude of her.

   Taeyi and Dajung suddenly looked worried, maybe because Najung looked like she really going to hurt me.

  The guy at the back looked at me and eyed my condition. He looked worried also, but just slightly before he just shrugged it off. “ I’m leaving “ he said to Najung to which she didn’t reply.

   “ What do you want? “ I asked , finally.

  “ Stay away from Ji Soo Oppa “ she said, spiteful.

   I ended up laughing because I find it funny. I glared at her and began to leave. Then, she pulled me by my hair, making me stumble back. My hair now, already in a mess, glared at her angrily. “What the hell!? “ I shouted to which she shouted back “ Stay away from him! “

    I , with gritted teeth, walked near her “ Why? Is he your boyfriend? Stop being so freaking delusional! “ I shouted at her on top of my lungs out of anger and frustration. I could feel angry tears started coming out but I wiped it off swiftly so they won’t think I’m being weak.

    Najung looked angrier and wanted to retort but I cut her off. “You. Why are you guys in this too? “ I looked over to Dajung and Taeyi. They were startled and suddenly looked restless. Where did their confidence left to?

    “ We saw you eating with Ji Soo. We just told Najung about it “ Dajung said, suddenly feeling scared.

   “ So ? What’s so bad about eating with him ? If you guys want to eat with him so badly, you should’ve asked him out! “ I shouted again at them angrily. Again, I could feel those warm tears coming out. I take in a breath to calm myself down.

   “ I bet you seduce him , you ! You acted all innocent but you’re a fox!” Najung said to me, her eyes blaring with fire. I glared back at her with the same amount of anger,  “Me? You tell that to him! Why the hell did he follow me around if I’m the one who seduced him! “

   Najung couldn’t take it and moved forward to attack me. She got a handful of my hair and I shrieked in pain. I tried reaching for her hair too but she was harsh and pushed me down until I was met with the concrete ground. I could smell blood and felt pain at my cheekbones and palms when I opened my eyes. I tried to move and ended up wincing. While I struggled on the ground, I could see Najung approached me. She probably wanted to beat me up. I didn’t know she could be like a monster for a tiny girl.

    “ Yah! “ I suddenly heard a familiar voice. The girls were clearly startled as they slapped each other and backed away. They had a look of disbelief plastered on their faces. I tried holding my body up with my elbow but even my elbow is scraped so it hurts.

     I heard running and soon a familiar figure crouched down in front of me. He held up my face to examine it. It’s Ji Soo. I don’t know how he knew I’m here but I’m glad.

    He looked angry.

    He looked to the side and shouted at them again. “ ARE YOU ING CRAZY! “

   The girls were so startled I thought they’d piss their pants –or skirts because that’s what we’re wearing.

   “ Oppa- “ Najung tried to speak but got cut off by him. “ Don’t Oppa me! You made me feel disgusted ! “

    Najung looked like she’s about to cry. Man, she is delusional. I wonder if she has something wrong with her head.

    “ That started it! She tried taking you away- “

   “ SHUT THE UP! You want to make me puke all over you? “ Ji Soo said, glaring at them with anger. I can see them shaking from afar as I’m lying here on the ground. Although,  I do think that crazy Najung would’ve been happy even if Ji Soo puked all over her. Yikes.

    “Don’t you think you’re getting away with this. I’m going to report you guys “ he said. He looked at me again , this time his eyes is gentle. “Are you okay? “ he asked quietly. I nodded at him with much strength. He nodded too. Then, he carefully put both of his hands to my back  and under my knees to lift me up. I winced in pain because of my knee and he looked at me, feeling sorry.

    “ Oppa! Do you love her? “ Najung asked, helpless as she stared at Ji Soo.

   Ji Soo turned to glare at her one last time “ None of your business” and he left with me cradling in his arms.

  I managed to turn my head to see Najung broke down onto the ground and cry. I don’t know if she’s just being dramatic or she’s really in love with him. I wonder if they have some kind of history together but Ji Soo didn’t look like he knew her.

   I looked up to him who’s walking slowly to not hurt me. “ How do you know I was here? “ I asked. His lips twitched, probably in anger as he looked ahead. “ Minseok told me there’s a bunch of girls after a girl I recently spent time with. Immediately, I knew it was you. So I came “ he said. He looked serious, nothing like I’ve seen before. I nodded in silence.

   “That bastard, I’m gonna kill him for even helping those girls “ I heard him muttered. I chuckled, feeling quite happy and safe.

At least that Minseok guy find someone to rescue me. So, I’m thankful to that creep.

While we are walking out of the alley, we were met with Soohyun and Jonghyun who seemed like they ran a mile. They were huffing and puffing, bent down and holding on their knees as they take in their breath. Both me and Ji Soo looked at them , puzzled. Did they came here for me ?

     “Guys ? “ I called. Soohyun finally looked up, still catching his breath and approached me. “Are you okay? “ he asked, worried. He was nearing my face to examine me properly and looked sorry when he sees my messy hair and scratched face. He held out his finger to touch my face but Ji Soo stepped back, not letting him do so. I looked up to him weirdly but he just coughed it off.

   “ I’m taking her to the hospital “ Ji Soo said, not looking at them both.

   “ Hey! We ran all the way here- “ Jonghyun spoke but Ji Soo cut him off “ but you’re too late. I was there on time “ he said, seemingly proud.

   “ It’s okay. I don’t need to go to a hospital “ I said but the three of them replied in unison.

    “ YOU HAVE TO”

     I looked at them wide eyed , weirdly. “ O…kay “

 

 

  At the emergency room, the nurse treated and cleaned my scrapes and scratches. It stings a lot and after that they gave me pain killers. Some of my muscles were in shock when I was pushed so my body will be sore. They advised me to take a few days off until I feel better. I sighed.

   I didn’t know it will result like this. Nevertheless, I was thankful it’s not worse. But still, how am I supposed to tell my parents?

Jonghyun ,seeing my worried face , assured me “ Ah, it’s fine! I’ll explain to your parents “ he said since my parents know him. I looked down, still not assured by it and nodded gravely.

   Soohyun came back with some medicine in his hand after paying the bill. “ I told you I was going to pay “ Ji Soo said it to him, ,annoyed to which Soohyun just ignored.

    I chuckled, feeling touched and thankful to have them by my side at times like this. Then, I realized something.

   “ Jonghyun , Soohyun. How do you know I was there? “