Her

I Still Love You

Suzy

 

          “ Uhh..” I heard Jiyeon sighing from behind me. I turned around to look at her. She is laying her head on her desk . I snicker.

       “What’s wrong with you? “ I asked.

       She lifted her head and pouted at me. I laughed again. She’s cuter than my sister. I always feel like I want to take care of her.

      About yesterday, the thing Jiyeon said that she likes Taecyeon. I got over it. It’s not her fault that she likes him. You can’t control who you like. Plus, Jiyeon doesn’t know that I like him so she’s not purposely hurting me. I’m sure if she’d known I like Taecyeon ,she wouldn’t say she likes him casually like yesterday. She told us because we’re her friends that’s why. I already told IU that it was fine with me.

       Although IU still disagree , I just brushed her off. It’s not the end of the world. You win and lose in love.

      “ What’s wrong? Tell me “ I said.

         She looked around first in case anyone is eavesdropping since it’s free period class. Everyone is doing their own thing so she leaned in to me. She motioned me to come closer and I did. She whispered “Jonghyun gave me a love letter this morning. In my locker!And he asked me out! ”

         My mouth grew wide as I covered my own mouth with my hand. “Really? “ I said and she nodded seriously. It’s funny how Jonghyun asked her out. He always act so cool around me so I don’t know that he’s actually interested in my friend!

        We both giggled like crazy together. “Oh my gosh, I can’t stop laughing. “I said.

         “ I know right!” Jiyeon replied and we both continued laughing like a maniac. It’s mean to make fun of someone’s confession but who cares about him. He embarrassed me enough countless of times so I don’t even feel sorry for him.

tumblr_lomzubyoIk1qdxntz.gif

       “So? “ I jokingly asked. “What’s your reply? “

       “Of course it’s a total no! How dare he asked me out when he tortured you enough?!” she said. “Awh, good! I would think you’re a traitor if you accept!” I joked.

        “Even if in my next life I wouldn’t! “ she said . We continued laughing and chatted about other things than that.

           Jiyeon often got love letters left in her locker or under her desk. She’s very popular among guys since she’s friendly and outgoing. She’s super pretty too. And she’s easy to approach .

*

        After school, as always I waited at the bus stop. Soojung and Sulli came soon after and sat down while laughing about God knows what.  Soon, Jonghyun came. He looked pissed. I tried to hold in my laughter when I remembered he got the guts to ask her out. I never think he’s the type of guy to do so.

         “Hey “ he said and I’m sure he’s talking to me.

           “Here we go again” I thought. I turned to look at him. “Yes? “I said , raising my eyebrows.

            “That good friend of yours blatantly rejected me in front of everyone in the school hallway. What the f**k is wrong with her?!” he said angrily.

          “Oppa!” Soojung shouted when she heard her brother cursed.

         “ Oh now you know how it feels to be embarrassed?” I said.

              He was silent for a few moments.

           Then he scoffed.

         “Hah! So is this about me then? What I did to you ? “ he said, angrily.

       I ignored him and look the front. Honestly, I don’t want to be dragged into this.

            He pulled my arm to make me look at him when he noticed that I’m ignoring him. “Hey, speak to me “ he said, harshly.

        “Goddammit, Jonghyun. Let me go! That hurts!” I shouted at him.

           “ Don’t be rude and ignore me. Talk to me then “ he said, wasn’t sorry that he's hurting me. I glared at him. He’s really making me angry right now. Why is it my fault now that he got rejected?

         “Oppa! Stop it “ Soojung interrupted once again but Sulli pulled her to not interfere.

             I scoffed and look at him straight in the eye. “ Even if it’s not about me. She would’ve still rejected you because she has someone else now! You just asked her out at the wrong time okay?” I shouted and glared before making way passed him to the bus because it just arrived.

           I board first then he came after that with Soojung pulling him. I ignored him entirely in the bus. I don’t want to talk to him at all.

*

            That night, I was studying because we have Maths test tomorrow. Mr Yang specifically told me and Jiyeon to study and that he expect good marks from us. I feel pressured to  not disappoint him and so that he won’t target me more after this  therefore I’m trying hard to overcome my laziness and study.

         Suddenly, I heard noises coming from downstairs. I blocked the noises from my head as I tried to concentrate.

        My phone buzzed and there’s a text from Jonghyun.

       Jonghyun

        Come down.

         I  scoffed. Who is he to order me to come down? I decided to ignore the text. Then, suddenly someone opened my door without knocking and closed it. I was shocked because I thought it was a thief. Then , I realized it’s only Jonghyun. I sighed.

         It’s Jonghyun!

         I quickly got up. “What the hell are you doing in my room you freak?! Get out!” I screamed.

        “Didn’t you got my text?” he asked , his hands on guard in case I try to hit him.

          “Yeah I did “

       “Then why didn’t you come down?!” he shouted.

            I widened my eyes at him and walked closer to hit him “ Did you broke into my house?! “ I screamed to him because I know only Sulli and Sunhwa are home because my parents will come home late today.

           He frowned. “You’re always overreacting. Why the hell would I broke into your house? Sulli let me in!” he shouted.

       I’m starting to feel dizzy from all this screaming and shouting. I bit my lip in annoyance and said “What do you want then? I don’t want to talk to you”

         He stayed quiet. I raised my eyebrows at him. “Well?” I asked.

         He scratched his head and said “ I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you earlier. I guess I was angry at Jiyeon that I let it out on you. “

         I was stunned for a moment. Woah , he seriously came all the way here to apologize.

         “He’s only a block away from your house , Suzy” a voice in my head said. Right.

        “I was numb by it already. You made me angry so many times” I muttered.

           “What? The things I did? I was just teasing you. Don’t you get it? I wanna be close to you but you never give me the chance” he said sincerely.

        Even his eyes look sincere.

        “Don’t trust people easily, Suzy” IU’s voice rang in my head.

             “Fine. “I said. “I forgive you. Just don’t you dare spread false rumors about me again or I’ll kill you!”

             He grinned. “Promise. You’re so kind Suzy ah” he said , chuckling.

            “Stop , you’re giving me goosebumps”  I said. I can’t stand when people praise me out of the blue.

            “ You’re so kind. You’re so kind. You’re so kind!” he repeated, adding cute voices. I closed my ears “Argh, stop it Jonghyun! “ I said.  He laughed uncontrollably. And I laughed too.

         “I thought your room would be girly” he said as he looked around my room for a bit.

           “Don’t you think you’re too bold? You just barged in my room just like that. Do you do that often? “ I asked, annoyed.  “Yeah , I do “ he grinned and winked.

            “Ugh “ I muttered , feeling disgusted somehow because I can get what he meant. We’re 17 years old after all.

            “So what are you going to do with Jiyeon?” I asked, out of the blue.

                “Nah, I’ll give up on her. She’s not that interesting to be honest. “ he said blatantly. I frowned. “Excuse me, you’re talking about my best friend here. “

                He turned “ I’m your best friend too now. So I can talk bad about your other best friends. “

              I rolled my eyes “Don’t be delusional, Jjong” . He grinned.  I looked at the clock. It’s almost bed time. “I think you should leave. You’re wasting my time here” I said.

             He looked at me and approached me. I felt nervous somehow because he looked so serious. Then he peeked over to my side. “ Heol, you’re studying? “

         “We got Maths test tomorrow”

         “What?! “

         I laughed. “You didn’t know?”

          He shook his head.

          “No wonder you got so much time on your hands. “

          He messed up his hair frustratingly. “Ugh, I’m going back now. Bye” he said, patting my shoulder and left through the door.

           I smiled after he left and muttered. “ Bye”

*

        “Here”

                That morning, Jonghyun came to my desk and gave me a chocolate . “What’s this for?” I look up to him and asked. “ The ‘I’m sorry’ gift” he said and grinned. I just took it and said “Thanks” .“You’re still reading?” he asked as he eyed me reading the Maths book and their steps.

              “Don’t bother me” I frowned. “I’m not smart like you” I said.

               He pulled my book from me. “ Kim Jonghyun. Give it back “ I said, starting to get angry again. He laughed and give it back. “You’re so serious, Suzy” he chuckled. “Go away. Don’t bother me okay?” I muttered. He chuckled again but back off this time. “Fine” he said as he turned away and bumped into Jiyeon.

              He looked at her with a blank stare and raised his brows at her. Jiyeon did the same. “ You’re bothering her again?” Jiyeon said with a harsh tone.

               Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “None of your business” he said coldly and bumped into her shoulder.

               “Jerk , that f**king hurt!” Jiyeon shouted at her but Jonghyun ignored her. She sat down grumpily. I was being considerate and guilty so I turned around to look at her. She looked really pissed. “You okay?” I asked. She just nodded and took out her phone to play.

*

             After the Maths test, Mr Yang told me to help him pick up his books to the office so I followed him behind his back. While we were walking to the teacher’s office , I saw Taecyeon with a girl talking so close to each other at the quiet hallway. I grew jealous as I thought “It must be his new girlfriend, huh?”

         The girl was leaning on the wall while looking up talking to him. The girl looked pretty too. Taecyeon had his arm on the wall and his other hand on his waist. They’re talking so close I feel like I wanna go there and break them apart.

          The girl stood straight now and started walking away from him. Taecyeon followed her from behind . As they got out of the quiet hallway ,I recognize the girl. It’s Jiyeon.

          I immediately feel so hurt and lost my senses as I dropped Mr Yang’s books. Mr Yang turned around ,shocked, “Bae Suzy. Are you okay? What’s wrong with you?” he said as he came to me. I was stunned to even reply.

           Before Mr Yang get to me , a guy suddenly appeared beside me and helped me pick up the books. I turned to look at his face and it was Soohyun. He looked at me worriedly. “Are you okay? “he asked. I just stared at him. For a moment , I wanted to say no. But a few seconds after that I collected my senses and I nodded. “I’m fine. “ I said, looking away from him and picking up the books.

         Mr Yang looked at Soohyun then at me. “Suzy ah, you okay? Aigoo, was it too heavy for you to carry?” Mr Yang said as he helped me up.

           I  laughed and said “ You always ask me to do these things ,  I‘ve become weak!” I jokingly said with a frown. Mr Yang glared at me and hit my head lightly. “ How dare you blame me , you ungrateful kid!” he said and I laughed. I realized Soohyun was laughing too.

          I  walked back to class after helping Mr Yang . Soohyun followed beside me.

           “Thanks for helping me” I said to him. “Sure. No problem” he said, smiling at me. I smiled back. “You’re so quiet” I said.  He chuckled. “It’s my nature” he said. I smiled and we separated in class to sit at our seats.

               Taecyeon came in class that time and said “It’s free period! “ and everybody cheered.

             I looked away and opened my manga to read. He stopped at my desk but I ignored him. He pulled the empty chair from beside me and sat in front of me, putting his big hands on my desk. I looked up from my manga and glared. “What do you want?” I snapped.

           I slightly turned around to see behind me and noticed Jiyeon isn’t in class. I sighed.

          “Ooh , easy girl. You’re getting so serious nowadays “ he said, chuckling like it was funny. I rolled my eyes. Jonghyun said the same thing too.

          “It’s because of you boys” I thought.

          “What do you want?” I said, softer this time. He stared at me.  I sighed again. “Sorry, I was in a bad mood. “ He grinned. “I know. You wouldn’t scream at me like that “ he said. I scoffed lightly under my breath. What does he mean by that? That he’s special? Ugh…

        “Just get it over with “ I said, slightly annoyed at him because of what I saw just now.

         “You’re arrogant to me these days. “ he said. I didn’t reply.

           He pulled my manga down and pinched my cheek “ You’re seriously ignoring me right now? “ he teasingly said. “Ow ow ow” I said , pulling his hands away. Some of the girls in our class were looking at us weirdly and they started whispering.

         “Great. Now they’re gonna spread rumors about me” I thought.

         “ No. I’m not arrogant to you okay. So stop it” I said quietly.

           “Yes you are. You’re avoiding me. You didn’t even congratulate me when I was chosen as the class pres. “ he said, pouting. I looked at him. He cares about that small matter?  

           “You know they’re always gonna pick you as the class president. There’s no need to congratulate again”  I said.

           “Ouch. That hurts” he said, touching  his heart like he just got shot at. Then, we both laughed. It felt lovely. It’s like  old times again. My heart is fluttering madly right now and somehow I wish it won’t stop.  Suddenly, of course happiness wouldn’t last, someone came to my desk. “Hey Taec”  she called. I knew this voice too well. We both looked up at her.

         “Oh, Jiyeon .  What is it “ he said. Jiyeon didn’t reply but she was looking at me and him back and forth. I could see jealousy in her face or maybe I was mistaken? “Jiyeon ah” I called but she suddenly just left. I was surprised so I just looked at her. Taecyeon immediately got up and pat my head , like he always do, and said “I’ll see you later, doll “

          My heart fluttered yet again. “He called me doll” I thought. He used to call me that a lot in middle school.

          The girls were watching and whispering what they saw earlier and started giving me dirty looks and whispering to each other. I ignored them all because honestly I don’t care.  Even if it’s true Taecyeon is dating Jiyeon, my friend, for now. He still spends his time with me.

         Even if Jiyeon got jealous. Why do I feel good?

 

 

 

A/N:   Mr Yang is actually in his 20s so he's a young Maths teacher /