Girly

I Still Love You

 

Suzy

    The next day, I walked into class like normal. Soohyun is already at his desk. Reading. As usual. I glanced at him after I took my seat. Does he even see me? Or is he too absorbed into his world of books.

    I was startled when he looked back at me, eyes sharp, as if he heard what I said in my mind. “He he” I grinned at him. He shakes his head at me and resume reading. Pssh, he’s boring.  

    Soon after that, Jiyeon walked into class. My face lit up as I raise my hand to greet her but she didn’t see it. She looks so gloomy. She sure hates school. Can’t blame her , to be honest. I hate school too. I stood up from my chair and approached her desk. Thank God Taecyeon isn’t at his seat or I wouldn’t dare going a meter near her. “ Jiyeon..” I waved my hand in front of her face.

    She looked up at me and smiled guiltily. “Sorry about yesterday. I…forgot. He he “ she said, brushing her neck. Yeah,right. “ Sure, you forgot “ I said sarcastically. She just giggle in return. Nevermind, though. Teacher Yang told me he would handle it.

     In History class, I kept yawning a few times. Mrs Kang kept giving me glares every time I’m not focusing, yawning and almost fell asleep. I’m glad she didn’t call on me. Now, I’m trying to open my eyes as widely as possible. My eyelids feel so heavy and my head is about to drop on my desk. My neck feels so aching. I tried supporting my head on my palm, but it’s not helping.

     A sweet dropped on my desk. I looked around . Everyone’s looking to the front except me. I quietly took the sweet into my hand as I faced the front too, not wanting to be caught by Mrs Kang. I opened a piece of note stuck on to it.

       STAY AWAKE. YOU DON’T WANNA PAINT THE POTS ALONE AGAIN,RIGHT?

      I looked to my side when I realized it was Soohyun. I grinned to him gratefully. I carefully unwrapped it and popped it into my mouth happily. Now, maybe I can stay awake for a bit.

 

 

    “ You seem happy “ IU said as we’re walking home together. She wanted to come over to my house. I bought a new novel and she wanted to borrow it. I gave her a toothy smile. She looked away in disgust, cringing.

   “ It’s the first time you seem energetic out of History class? You always looked like you just fought a war “ she said. Again, I could only smile like an idiot.

   We arrived at my house not long after that.

    “ You’re fast! I went to the bookstore yesterday and couldn’t get a copy “ she pouted as she’s admiring my novel, fresh from the bookstore. I read it in one night.  

   I throw myself on my bed, my hair sprawled nicely on the bed sheet. IU joined beside me soon after. “ Suzy “ she suddenly spoke.

    I turned to my side.

      “ Are you going to school prom this year? “ she asked, out of the blue. I think prom is around 2 months away? IU never really attend school proms. I went because Jiyeon literally drag me with her.

        “ Depends. Why?”

     “ Are you coming? “ I asked, when she didn’t reply. She just shrugged. “ If you go this year, I might go? “ she said. It sounds more like a question. I laughed at her.  “At least we got loads of food to enjoy” I said. She nodded and we laugh together.

   “ I just thought you need company in case Eunjung and Jiyeon went dancing with the guys” she said, giggling. She knew I don’t really dance unless it’s one of my close friends.

    I’ve thought about it. If Jonghyun asked me to dance with him, I might dance. I’m comfortable around him now. I just hope I don’t step on his foot or trip and fall.

 

 

*****DOUBLE UPDATE? YAY!