AGAIN

I Still Love You

15.

       When we got back to my house, Sulli thanked Soohyun quickly and got out of the car. She slammed the car door and ran into the house. I believed she wanted to call Soojung and tell her what happened since her phone died in the car just now.

       Silence engulfed in the car and I chuckled lightly. Soohyun looked to my side. “ So are you going to tell me what actually happened? “ he asked. I looked up at him , holding back my laughter. It’s always like that. Whenever Sulli and I encounter Ji Soo and his friend, we become scared and want to run away and after we did, we laugh our heart out because it was exhilarating.

     Soohyun smiled. “ Idiot. Did that guy bother you? “ he asked, in between smiles. I silently chuckled, still. I nodded. “ He probably still hold a grudge against us “ I said. His forehead creased.

    “ Why? “

    “ Sulli dumped tteokbokki onto his head last year “

    “ Really!? “ his eyes widen in shock, just like how I reacted when the scene happened in front of my eyes. I nodded eagerly at him. “ It’s true. I was shocked as well “ I said, laughing again.

   Soohyun joined me chuckling. “ Wow, your sister is something “

    I nodded in agreement. “ Yeah. She’s a pain sometimes but she did that to protect me. That guy was not letting me go “ I said, pursing my lips in annoyance.

   Soohyun stared at me, long.

“ I guess it’s a crime to be pretty “ he said.

  My head turned to him as I eye him judgingly. “ It’s not my fault “ I said, feigning arrogance. I’ll get compliments of being pretty when I’m with my sisters but not with my friends. To them, Jiyeon stands out the most. Maybe it’s because of her confidence. Confidence is beauty after all.

    “ But it was amazing that you were there! What kind of coincidence! “ I said, enthusiastically. He grinned “ I’m your life savior “ he said.

    “ I guess you are “ I grinned back at him.

   He chuckled and he hold out his hand, reaching my face –pinching my left cheek. “ Idiot “ he said. I rolled my eyes at him but inside ,my heart was fluttering.

    I guess I am slowly turning into an idiot for him.

 

 

   The next morning, I was busy reading all the way from my home , onto the bus, and into school. Mr. Yang had told us through our phone contact that we’re having a test. I didn’t sleep at all last night because of it. I can sleep after the test.

  I knew I reached the hallway when the familiar loud noise begin to reach my ears. Yet, I didn’t look up and because I don’t want anyone talking to me.

   I bumped into someone, hard. I was stumbling on my feet and my books fell. I sighed and quickly crouched down to pick them up. The person crouched before me too and helped me with the books. I bowed a bit “ I’m sorry . I’m sorry “ I said. Our hands brushed and it felt really familiar. I slowly looked up and there I was –staring back into Taecyeon’s eyes.

     I automatically blushed. I picked the remaining books and quickly got up from that awkward position. He slowly got up too, his eyes not leaving me. I looked elsewhere –not daring to look at him in the eyes. He seemed hurt by it.

    He held out my book and I took it, bowed and left –leaving him standing there in the middle of the hallway. I felt mean, cruel and heartless. He was once my friend, someone I hold dear. But I didn’t know how to react.

   Those thoughts kept flooding my mind until I made way into the classroom.

    Mr. Yang arrived in class and told us to sit down quietly as he’s going to pass the papers. Soohyun and Jonghyun both turned to look at me, noticing me blanking out. Jonghyun knocked lightly on my table and I looked at him like I just noticed he’s there in front of me. “ You okay?” he mouthed. I smiled and nodded.

   I turned to my side and saw Soohyun having the same expression to me, like he was concern. I smiled again and nodded –assuring I was fine.

   I tried my best in the test, I really did. So I hope this time my hard work pays off somehow.

  As Mr. Yang collected our papers, he eyed me and asked if I did okay and I smiled nervously and nodded. He grinned and proceeded to other students. Some people might think Mr. Yang favored me, but I honestly don’t know. It’s not like he gives me any special treatment. He just gives me extra care and attention which I don’t deserve at all.

  “ Ah, that was easy “ Jonghyun muttered as he stretched his arms. I kicked his chair, “ Not cool , Jonghyun “ I said. He turned his head and grinned at me. I chuckled.

    I looked to my side. “ It must have been super easy for you, Soohyun “ I said. At that, I heard Jonghyun saying “pfft”. Soohyun rolled his eyes at him and looked at me smugly “ It’s not super easy , Suzy “ he said, acting coy.

    I silently chuckled. He says that, and yet he gets the best scores.

    “ Suzy ah” Jiyeon called me as she walked to my table. The boys near my tables turned their heads to her. She’s pretty and she wears her skirt quite short, revealing her beautiful legs. Jonghyun glanced at her with a scowl. As Jiyeon stood by my table, she glanced at Soohyun who is next to my table and that made me nervous. Soohyun was also looking back at her but he was expressionless. Jiyeon turned her attention back , fully on me.

    “ Wanna go to the mall after this? “ she asked.

    I heard Jonghyun grunted. “ I was just about to ask her to go eat with me “ he said, annoyed. Jiyeon glared at him “ Well, I asked her first , ” she said. I sighed. I don’t need them fighting over something petty.

   Soohyun eyed me like he wanted to say something. I looked at him , signaling him a “What ?” but he shrugged it off. “ Come on, it’ll be fun. I want to shop “ she said.

    “ Why don’t you go with your other troublemaker friends? “

    “ Shut up, Jonghyun “ she hissed.

    “ You’re bringing Suzy with them too, aren’t you? “ he continued. I looked at Jiyeon. Jiyeon looked unsettled as she spoke “ Dajung and Taeyi are coming along “ she said quietly.

    “ See! You should just go with me. Those girls aren’t your type of people “ he said, looking at me.

    “ I’m just gonna go to the bookstore, thank you very much “ I said, smiling at both of them, patting them in the head as I got up. If they actually thought I’m gonna choose between the two of them in front of the two of them, then they’re wrong.

    

 

    I was planning to go the bookstore with IU because our favourite author released a new book and we were going to check it out together. But IU had family gatherings back to her hometown and she said, she’ll only be back by morning of prom day. So, I have to shop for my dress on my own. I wanted to go with Jiyeon only if Dajung and Taeyi aren’t joining. I’m uncomfortable with them. They always seem to look at me from head to toe and judge my every action. They seem to really hate the fact that Jiyeon consider someone like me as a good friend of hers.

    I was dressed with yellow sundress with a denim jacket on top and white sneakers. My hair was slightly curled and I wore a white hairclip to the left side of my head, parting my hair nicely.

   As I entered the big and famous bookstore a bit further from my house, I immediately approach my favourite section, which is the manga section. I did came with the intention of looking at the new novel, but I can never walk pass by the manga section. It’s too inviting.

    As I looked through the mangas, a person approached by my side. Thinking it was some other manga lover, I ignored. The person suddenly pulled the manga I was holding so I turned to him , surprised.

   I was met with a smiling Soohyun. “ Hi, if only you focus like that in History class “ he said, grinning widely. I laughed and punched him lightly on his arm. “ Meannnn “ I said to him . “ What are you doing here? “

   “ Duh, books “ he said, clicking his tongue. I rolled my eyes. I turned back-facing him to walk to the fiction section but stopped. I turned a bit and smirked. “ Did you come here because I said I was going to a bookstore? “ I asked. He gave me a sly smile, rubbing his neck as his face blushed a pretty pink.

   I cupped my mouth to not laugh out loud. He’s so cute.

 

 

      I bought the book IU and I was searching for. Then, Soohyun and I left the store together. “ Do you want to grab a drink with me? “ he asked, shyly. I laughed at him being awkward. “ Sure, Kim Soohyun “ I said, grinning widely at him. He looked at me , face red and messing up my hair until my hair clip was misplaced. I looked up in horror. “ You’re cruel “ I said, dramatically as I decided to just take off the hair clip and letting my hair down naturally. He gave me a payback grin and it made me happy.

   We entered a seafood restaurant because I was craving. As the worker escorted us to our seat for two, someone came and slip his arm around my neck and said “ Table for four, please “.

   I flinched and began to freak out to see it was Ji Soo, smiling widely at me, his face just inches from my face. I tried to push his arm away –off of my shoulder, but he kept slinging it back. In front of me, Soohyun’s face darkens. “ Who’s this pretty guy? “ Ji Soo asked me, not liking to see him. Joo Hyuk whispered to him and he said “ Ahh, he’s the guy you ran away with after hurting me? I’m offended, Suzy ah” he said, his breath hitting my face. I nudged his ribs but he stopped my arm and whispered “ You don’t want to make a scene here, right? “ he said.

    I sighed. “ Fine” I said. Soohyun eyed me in disbelief like he was saying “ What do you mean by fine, Suzy?!! “ I told him with my eyes to just act cool.

   The workers who witnessed our tense atmosphere awkwardly showed us to the table. I got in the seat first and Soohyun wanted to slip in beside me but Ji Soo pulled him “ I’m sitting with her “ he said coldly.

    Soohyun looked angry, he was about to say something when I stopped him. He sighed and went to the seat in front of me. Ji Soo and Joo Hyuk are older than him anyway. It’s better not to end with a nasty fight.

    Ji Soo eyed Soohyun with dissatisfaction and slip his arm around my neck again. “ Can you stop? It’s uncomfortable “ I snapped at him. He slowly pulled his arm away,  “ Fine…. Sorry “

    Joo Hyuk called for the waiter. We ordered our food. When I saw Soohyun not ordering anything, I nudged him by the foot and told him to order. He sighed again and did what I said. After the waiter left, Ji Soo spoke. “ So are you guys dating ? “ he asked, his tone was unamused.

    Soohyun looked like he wanted to mutter something but stopped. I stared at him weirdly. When Ji Soo noticed we stayed silent, he turned to me. “ I thought you were single, Suzy ah” he said. I rolled my eyes. “ I am single, Ji Soo sshi “ I hissed.

    He put his hand to his chest, “ My name sounded so beautiful coming out from your lips. Drop the formality. Call me oppa “ he said. Joo Hyuk chuckled. I glared at him “ No thanks” I said. He played with my hair “ And this is why I like you” he said bluntly. It did gave me shivers. I hope he’s not psychotic enough to kidnap me or something.

     When the food came, it was unexpectedly calm. Joo Hyuk being the less aggressive one, started to eat while eyeing Ji Soo and I. Soohyun wasn’t eating, just staring at Ji Soo and Ji Soo just staring at me. It was a waste of food. I acted cool and eat to finish up my food quickly.

     After our meal, the bill came. Ji Soo turned to me with a grin “ Oppa will pay for you “ he said. I immediately stop him “ No. I don’t want to be indebted to you “ I said.

    “ Wow, I’m offended, Suzy ah”

    “ I’ll pay “ Soohyun said, giving the worker his card. Ji Soo eyed him annoyingly. “ What’s up with you, man? I said I was going to pay. “

   “ She didn’t want you to “

   “ Did I ask for your opinion? “

   “ Guys, stop “ I said. “ Let’s leave “ I said. Ji Soo stood up with me. He seemed different than the last time I saw him stumbling in pain and anger because I hit him. Now he seemed like a caring puppy. I shook off the thought quickly. He’s a bully.

    Ji Soo and Joo Hyuk followed us even into the elevator. “ Why are you guys still following us? “ I said. Ji Soo turned to me “ I’ll take you home. I came with a bike “ he said and again, it gave me shivers.

    I don’t want to ride a bike with this guy. He’s weird, possessive and aggressive.

     “ I have a car “ Soohyun suddenly said. “ And I’m her friend whom she trusts, so I’ll take her home “ he said. I was touched and felt like he saved me again somehow from being stuck with Ji Soo. I did came here with a bus but I think it’ll be safer to go with him.

     Ji Soo looked away angrily and I heard him muttered “ you “ under his breath.

     “ We’ll be leaving “ I said, although I’m not sure why do I even had to tell them. I tugged on Soohyun’s arm to go to his car. When I looked back as I was getting in the car, Ji Soo was still staring at me with hopeful eyes. It made me feel sorry but he’s a stranger.

 

 

~*~

I think one thing that's annoying about this story is that I tend to add more and more new characters that somehow the other original characters are being neglected. lol. forgive me for that. But i actually realy had a good time writing it.