Friends

I Still Love You

Suzy

 

            Yesterday, Jiyeon ignored me. She just left after she saw me with Taecyeon. I think she’s angry or jealous? I don’t even know. What I know is that she wasn’t happy.  And I don’t feel guilty.

          It wasn’t my fault.

         Taecyeon was the one who sat with me and talked to me. Plus, we’re just friends. Can he not be friends with other girls. This thing slightly annoyed me. I mean, I was used to it with his former girlfriends giving me that looks and being pissed at me but this time it’s my friend who’s being pissed.

        “ This is bothersome “ I thought.

           I feel like not going to school today but I forced myself to.  I entered the class and took my seat. A few seconds after, Jonghyun appeared. He tossed me another chocolate bar. This time it’s with hazelnuts. I looked up at him with a frown.

        “ What's this for,now?” I asked. He grinned. “ I’m allergic to it. “ he said and walked pass me to his seat. I sighed and shook my head lightly. I took it in my hands then turned around to look at him. “ Thanks, Jjong” I said . In return, he chuckled. "Gosh" I thought. I kept the chocolate in my bag. I’m sure it’s gonna melt soon but oh well. I’ll put in the fridge once I get back from school.

    I turned around once again and noticed Jiyeon’s not here yet.

*

       At recess only  Eunjung , IU and I showed up at our usual table during lunch  . We ate quickly as Eunjung and IU need to head back to their class early . We didn’t talk too much when we meet .  We just said ‘Hi’ and sat down and ate. That’s all. I walk to class alone again. Eunjung and IU didn’t bother to ask me where Jiyeon went. Well, even if they had asked, I don’t even know myself. I can’t say if she’s absent because there’s cases where Jiyeon comes to school but cut class throughout.

          Since we finished lunch early, not much students were in class. I was about to turn to the corner and enter through the back door as I usually do, then I heard familiar giggles which made me turn towards their direction.

           Jiyeon did came to school today. She must’ve cut class all morning because here she is flirting and laughing with Taecyeon in front of our class, in the corridor. I slightly frowned, making sure I don’t give any hard looks because I don’t want to make me look like I care ; when I actually do.

             Now it’s so crystal clear that she’s pissed at me that’s why she won’t meet me and talk to me. A little selfish part in my body thought , “Like I care” , but I immediately shake it off. I admit what IU had said that she can be demanding and whines a lot. Plus, another big part of my head kept saying, “Why is getting all the attention? I like him first but she got him. It’s always her. “ I don’t know if that’s just me being childish. But this whole thing just isn’t fair. The world favors her. And it makes me feel like a loser.

             But there are times , most of the times, she’s a great friend and I won’t unsee it just because of this.

             I’m not THAT low.

            At least , I’m trying not to be.

 

              I haven’t realize how long I was standing there until someone appeared by my side and spoke.

            “They looked so close” Soohyun's deep voice surprises me. I slightly jump and turned my face to his side. For a moment, I just stare up at him. He’s so handsome , it’s distracting. While I was taking my time observing his side profile, he turn to face me after he eyed Jiyeon and Taecyeon.

           Once he turns, my face immediately grew red like that ‘sick’ incident in class. His face was so close to me and when he realizes that I am so close to his face, he does nothing but blink and his face was blank.

          Obviously, I’m the only one who’s affected by this.

            I immediately back away in reflex so it appears so obvious to Soohyun. I feel guilty in case I offend him.  

            He look at me stepping further from him but he seems like doesn’t mind. He gave me that same old nice but blank face look. I sigh. This guy makes me sweat unnecessarily.

            “Aren’t those your friends?” he asks, his gaze is on the couple again. He’s quite close to me again because he leans in to look at them with me standing at the door. I let out a breath “Yeah they are” I quietly said. I think I almost let out ‘were’ but I thought it will cause misunderstandings so I control my mouth.

           I’m still standing here awkwardly, not knowing what to do. If don’t really enjoy standing here in awkward silence with him while on the other side I can see Jiyeon and Taecyeon flirting which hurt my eyes. But I was thinking if I walk away it’ll embarrass him somehow?

       I surely would.

       Oh, me and my self-conciousness.

         “Suzy “ he suddenly calls my name. I’m freaking out. I don’t really have this sort of reaction when someone calls my name but I don’t even know why my name sounds SO beautiful when he says it. I sound like a psycho but it’s true.

        “You okay? You look dazed “

         I knock my senses and act more cool, “ I’m okay “ I said and laugh to lessen the awkwardness. I look at him and he suddenly look bothered. He got his hand his neck, rubbing it and he frowns a little. “Are you- “ I was about to ask him if he’s fine until he look up at me again and I’ve gone speechless again.

       “What was I going to say? “ I thought.

          “I’m wondering if you know my… “ he says, looking anywhere else but me as he trails with his words. I found it cute. At least he’s not stuttering. I was waiting for him to continue but he didn’t so I laugh it off. “Your name, you mean? “ I ask. He doesn’t say anything in return but just shows me an awkward smile. “I was wondering.. “ he says, defensively.

         “ Kim Soo Hyun. “ I say. He stares at me.

         “It’s on your nametag “ I jerk my lips a bit, nodding towards his nametag and give him my toothy smile before I walk back to my seat.

        Gosh, I  forgot about Jiyeon and Taecyeon when I'm with him .

       And I’m glad.  

 

 

 

A/N: I honestly think this chapter was so immature so I rewrite it entirely and is somehow satisfied with how it turned out.