Arguement

I Still Love You

School is on again. Some were standing in the hallway chatting in groups about the holidays , some others are rushing to get to their own schedules.

But the most crowded place is the notice board which shows the names of the students in which class for this year.

I came to school this morning with Jiyeon. We met briefly in front of the school when she came out of her car. Jiyeon is standing boredly behind the crowd with me. They were peeking at the names longer than they should.

I nudged Jiyeon playfully. “ This will be over soon” I chuckled because she looks so annoyed.

“ It seems like they’ll take the whole day” she replied, frustrated. We still don’t know which class we’re in yet and all we want to do is go sit in our class quick.

“ Let’s wait. Okay?” I bargained and she gives me a look and gave in.

 

It hasn’t even been 3 minutes, Jiyeon already lost her patience.

“ Yah, yah! Move . Step aside”  she said out loud, waving her hands to the students in front like she always do. She drags me with her to the front and I noticed the other girls were whispering , clearly annoyed at Jiyeon and probably her too.

I decided to not care and stay closely to Jiyeon who is already searching for our names.

“ Ah! Suzy. We’re not in the same class!” she said, exasperated. I felt sad because this is the first time we’re not in the same class.

I started searching for my name and felt disappointed when I see IU’s name nowhere in my class list. I spotted Taecyeon’s name and my heart did a painful squeeze. I still feel awkward around him and to think I still have to see him as we’re still classmates, makes me feel more uncomfortable.

Just my luck.

Jonghyun is also not in my class. I started feeling stressed. Why is everything not going right for me.

Then,  I spotted Eunjung’s name and felt relieved. At least, I’m not alone this year.

“ You’re with Eunjung? Not fair. I’m alone now”  she pouted, looking upset. Even Taeyi and Dajung aren’t in the same class as her. I feel bad somehow.

Something seems to catch her eye because she begins to look closely to the paper. I approach her and look at it.

“ What-“ she said. Before she could even continue , my heart sank because I finally see what caught her eye.

“ Oh my. I’m in the same class as Soohyun!” she said, sounding excited as she side hug me. I laughed bitterly and pat her back .

I’m jealous.

It’s only the start of a new school year, and I’m already feeling down about it.

 

Throughout the class today, I couldn’t concentrate at all. Everything seems so different and awkward for me. I couldn’t adjust my new seat which is in the far back with the locker right behind me. I couldn’t adjust the situation where Soohyun isn’t seated next to me and Jonghyun is not in front of me.

I did glance at Taecyeon who’s seated in the same row as me, next to the window. He suddenly looks up while I was looking at him and we both locked eyes.

I feel my face heating up, embarrassed that I was caught looking.

He didn’t look away –instead, he smiled at me.

It was an awkward smile, but I felt my stomach jumped. I gave him a straight smile back and quickly look down at my book. Right now, I just feel like hiding myself under the table because I feel so embarrassed.

“ You okay?” Eunjung asked. She’s seated in front of me in this class. I looked up. My hair practically covering 60% of my face. She looks at me weirdly.

I nod urgently. “ Yeah, I’m fine”

She looks suspicious but didn’t pry further. I sigh in relief and lie my head on the table and sigh loudly.

 

The bell rings, it’s the first break time of the first day of school.

I walk outside the class together, arms linked with Eunjung. We saw Jiyeon out of her class which is one class next to ours.

My face fell when I saw Jiyeon waved at Soohyun and he returned it with a smile. They seem close than ever. When did they got so close? Did they spend more time together outside of school that I have no knowledge of? My heart sank and I feel it squeezed painfully.

Jiyeon finally notice us and she wave at us. I quickly form a smile as she approach us. She came in between us and link our arms together.

“ I am SOOOOOOOOO happy” she said, smiling brightly than ever. I just lightly chuckle in return . I don’t have the mood to even ask her why because I feel like I already know the answer.

Eunjung asked her though. I wish I have my earphones tucked in both of my ears right now.

“ Hm ? Why? “  Eunjung asked , looking confused. Jiyeon turned to her and was about to tell when she was interrupted.

“Suzy ah!”, someone called my name.

I thank the Heavens and that person for saving me. I already knew who that voice belongs to anyway.

 “ Hey if you wanna shout. KEEP YOUR DISTANCE AWAY FROM ME” a smaller voice snarled at Jonghyun. I turned to finally  see Jonghyun with my best friend together side by side. Jonghyun was grinning widely at me while IU looks irritated. I jog to them as I haven’t see them yet this morning.

“ I didn’t see you this morning?”  I said.

IU rolled her eyes. “ Of course you won’t because my I came late this morning thanks to my smart brother who forgot that he left his uniform at his friend’s house and we have to drive there and drive back home and then iron his clothes and then wait for him to- “ she keeps rambling on and on so I quickly just close her mouths and nod “ I understand “.

She sighed.

“Um. Am I invincible here? “ Jonghyun finally said, out loud.

IU glared at him. “ I told you if you wanna talk loudly go-“

“ . . . distance myself away from you. Yeah, yeah. I get it! You’ve been repeating that since this morning “ he said, rolling his eyes.

“ Oh you guys are in the same class? “

“ Yeah!”

“ Unfortunately”

They both replied and I laughed when Jonghyun look betrayed when IU said that. “ Get along, you two” I said.

Jiyeon suddenly clap her hands loudly. “ Okay! We can go chat at the cafeteria okay? “ she said, giving a dirty look at Jonghyun.

“Oh. Didn’t notice you were there” Jonghyun said, meaning it as an insult.

Jiyeon just shook her head and walk away with Eunjung beside her.

 

 

 

The first week of school ends and on Saturday, my table is full of school works to do . I was lying on my stomach doing Korean Literature on my bed when suddenly my phone rings. I pick up, seeing that it is a call from Jiyeon.

“Hello?” I speak after I loudspeaker as I continue writing down on my school book.

Suzy! Eunjung and I are meeting at a restaurant this evening. Come along!”

I put down my pen and sit up. “ Where? “ I ask.

“  At the usual place! “ 

“Okay “ I replied.

“ You can invite anyone you want. Invite IU along!”

I nod and replied with an OK. “ I’ll see you later” I said and was about to hang up when Jiyeon suddenly said “ But don’t bring Jonghyun okay?”

I laughed, imagining her face. I sighed and replied “ Fine”.

 

 

I arrived at the restaurant wearing my big comfy black sweater , my blue jeans and my brown boots. I spot Eunjung at the corner of the restaurant and jog to the table.

She brought Hiro along. They’re dating now.

I bowed lightly as he’s my senior. “ Hello. I’m Suzy” I said and he nods. “ I know. I’m Hiro” he replied. His smile is so sweet and Eunjung giggled as she pulls me down to sit next to her.

“ He’s nicer than I thought” I whispered to her. She giggled again, a habit she always do when it’s about him. “ Of course! “ she chuckled.

“ What’s the occasion though? It’s so sudden” I said.

She shrugged . “ I don’t know. She said she hasn’t treat us for a meal in a long time so she wanted to today. You know how random Jiyeon is”

I nod slowly, taking it in.

Eunjung’s phone beep. “ Oh, it’s Jiyeon”

I perk my head closer to her to see a text message. “ She said she’ll be here in 10 mins”

“Suzy! Long time no see , my dongsaeng!” a loud voice echoed throughout the quiet restaurant which startled me, Eunjung and Hiro. I turned to see IU with his big brother walking towards us.

IU slap his brother’s back. “ I told you to quit it!” she hissed, embarrassed by her brother.

I immediately stood up and bowed “ Oh, Sunbaenim”

IU’s brother, Jinki, came and pat my back to sit down. I look at IU who was frowning from behind him. “ He wanted to come” she explained and I nod.

“ Who doesn’t like free food? “ Jinki said, which earned a laugh from us except IU.

“ You’re really- “ IU started and Jinki grinned at her “ Okay, okay. I’ll shut up”

“  I mean, I couldn’t let my lil sis come alone ,right?” he said and put his arm around IU’s shoulder. She smacked it away and Jinki hissed in pain. “ Uh, I feel bad for your future husband. You’re damn fiesty” he said.

We laughed again and I gave an apologetic look to IU. Her brother is always like this unlike IU who is calm and collected but I always think they’re cute because they always bicker. IU asked us where Jiyeon is and we told her she’ll arrive soon.

“ Oh? Hiro you’re here too?” Jinki said when he finally noticed Hiro who’s been quiet. They’re in the same class I think, but Hiro seems awkward with him. “ Oh, hey Jinki” Hiro replied  with an awkward laugh as he scratch his back. Eunjung nudged him.

I guess he’s shy he’s spotted with his girlfriend because they only started getting serious recently.

“ Oh so this is your girlfriend everyone’s talking about! My Eunjung! “ he casually said as he laughed playfully. Hiro blushed red while Eunjung laughed shyly.

“ Stop it, you’re making them uncomfortable”  IU said, slapping her brother’s arm. Jinki immediately nods and kept quiet.

IU gave an apologetic look at Eunjung but she just dismiss it playfully saying it’s okay. Jinki has always been like that anyway.

He’s too casual and friendly.

“Suzy ah! Why don’t you come to our house these days? Don’t you think this Oppa misses you? “

It’s not Jinki if he can’t keep quiet for a few minutes.

I laugh awkwardly. “ Ah, IU didn’t let me” I replied as I give IU a look.

Jinki turned to IU. “What? Why?” he asked.

“ Because you always bring over your loud friends at home” she replied, annoyed. He pouted, hurt.

“ Guys! Sorry I’m late! “ Jiyeon said from the door as she jogs towards us. She was breathing heavily as she reaches our table. She noticed Hiro and Jinki and bowed at them “ Oh, Oppas are here too!” she said, happy that they came.

“You look extra happy? So unusual “ Eunjung said, pointing at her flushed cheeks and oddly excited behavior. Jiyeon touches her face. “ What do you mean? It’s because I just ran “ she replied but she looked shy. I grew suspicious and my heart suddenly has a bad feeling.

“ I didn’t know there’s other people too?” a guy’s voice spoke.

My whole body grew stiff. I knew too well who that voice belongs to. I bit the insides of my cheeks. I should’ve stayed at home reading books. I turned my face slowly facing where the voice came from and there he is, Soohyun standing tall next to Jiyeon.

They look like a couple.

My heart painfully squeezed. He looks surprised when he locked eyes with me. He didn’t know I am gonna be here? Also what did he say just now?

I didn’t know there’s other people too?”

He didn’t know? So did he think it was a date then between them too , only?

My chest feels heavy and I feel my chest going up and down as I breathe quickly. I turn to the front , not to make my change of attitude to noticeable.

“ You wouldn’t come if I tell you earlier, right? So I had to trick you “ Jiyeon said. Soohyun looks away. “ Hehe, sorry” Jiyeon said as she bumps her body with him cutely.  I tear my eyes away from the sight.

“ Come on” Jiyeon said as she pulls Soohyun by his hand to sit down in front of me. I bit the insides of my cheeks again.

Why does he has to sit here now? I thought. It’ll be harder for me to act okay.

 

 

 

 

 

I turned to Eunjung who is beside me and start chatting with her about random things just to get rid of my awkwardness. Jiyeon and the others were looking at the menu to order.

I could feel Soohyun’s stare on me and my body tense up.

Ugh , stop looking. I can’t keep my mind straight. I chant in my mind.

Should I just strike a conversation? Ugh, but I feel like slapping my own pride. I thought again.

I felt annoyed since he’s still looking at me so I bravely look back at him. His eyes shakes as he was startled I look back at him. I raised my eyebrows and jerk my chin a bit to ask him “What? “

His mouth form a smile ,almost laughing after that. I look at him ,confused.

Then, he looks back at me. His eyes looks gentle and relieved. “ I just thought why aren’t you greeting me” he said, smiling weakly.

Oh no. Heart, this is not the time to melt and feel guilty. I said to myself as I tried gulping as subtle as possible so he won’t notice.

I just look away and lightly coughed. “ You’re the one who’s supposed to greet me first . I arrived long ago” I reasoned.

He chuckles till his eyes turned small. My heart beats faster. I almost melt into a puddle.

“ Hi, Suzy ah” he said.

I can almost tell you my heart almost explode but thanks to IU for saving me at the most crucial moment, she pulls my arm towards her which made me immediately look at her.

“ Huh?” I ask.

“ What you want to order? “ she asks. I nod like an idiot as I desperately clutch on the menu like my life depended on it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

While waiting for our meal, we chatted about random stuff. About when and how Hiro and Eunjung finally got together and Jinki kept talking about IU’s embarrassing moments that he got slapped and hit by her multiple times. I don’t know how he could even stand that. IU has a small hand so any physical hit by her is painful. I have experienced.

I also feel like Soohyun kept stealing glances at me, which made me nervous from time to time. Whenever I glance back at him, he looks to Jinki like he had been listening attentively all along.

“ This is my last year guys. I won’t see my cute lil sis at school anymore” Jinki said, acting like he’s about to cry. IU rolled her eyes.

“ Fortunately “ she said.

We all laugh loudly at her reply. Eunjung who always find everything funny almost has tears in her eyes. “ Hey. Don’t be so happy. Hiro won’t be here too. Once he gets in Uni, there’ll be a lot of pretty girls, you know” Jinki immediately points at both Eunjung and Hiro.

Eunjung immediately looks sad and turned to look at Hiro with puppy eyes. Hiro shakes his head. “ I’m going to the army after school. And I’m loyal , Jinki. Unlike you “ Hiro said as he fixes his glasses. Eunjung smiled happily and bump her head with his shoulders.

Jinki scoff. “ Don’t be so sure , man. You never know”

Hiro just shrugs in return.

The waiter finally came with our meals and soon the table is filled with food.

“ So what did you guys do during new year’s eve?” IU ask, opening a topic.

Jinki giggles and wanted to speak but IU stopped him, knowing well he’s gonna talk nonsense again. “ I didn’t ask you” she pointed and he retreats as he begins to eat.

“ I just went back to my hometown. I couldn’t go to the youth party with Jiyeon “ Eunjung said sadly. Jiyeon laughs. “  We went but there’s nothing much, right? “ Jiyeon replied as she looks at Soohyun.

All attentions are on him now, including mine. I was surprised.

I saw Soohyun turned rigid and he threw a short glance at me before awkwardly shrugging it off. “ Ah, yeah. Nothing much” he said.

“ We watched the fireworks. It was a better view there” Jiyeon continued, she was smiling really brightly.

“ You went there? Together? “ Eunjung asked, shocked.

Jiyeon nods shyly.

I felt my heart crashed to the ground. I continued eating, stuffing my mouth with more food than I could, just to prevent myself from suddenly breaking down like an idiot.

IU suddenly nudged me. “What about you, Suzy?”

“ Hm , me?”

She nods and now everyone’s eyes is on me.

It piqued Jiyeon’s interest too. “ Yeah. I went to your house and you weren’t there “ she said.

“ I was at Jonghyun’s house. Sorry. Why didn’t you call me though haha “ I replied, ending it with an awkward laugh. I resumed eating because I suddenly feel suffocated.

I glance at Soohyun and his forehead hardens. Was  he affected by it?

“ I knew it. “ Jiyeon shrugs, sounding a bit annoyed. “ You’re always with him. Thank God, he’s not here now “ she continued.

That ticks me off in the wrong spot. I suddenly feel irritated and protective over Jonghyun.  “ It’s because you won’t let him come” I snapped. She looks surprised and irritated too.

“ Oh, so you would invite him if I didn’t remind you? “ she laughs, sounding cynical.

I glance at Soohyun then back at her. “ Yeah. Why not ?” I replied.

Jiyeon scoff and was about to protest when Jinki interrupt. “ Hey, hey. No fighting in front of food” he said. I bet he could sense a catfight was about to happen. Jiyeon looks away, annoyed while I act cool and resume eating.

I hate acting like that because I am not used to it.

But it honestly felt good.

 

 

 

~~~~~

update after yesterday. i want to quit being lazy. drop some comments pls? hehe

~~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.