New

I Still Love You

Suzy

 

"Okay students, lets welcome our new classmate who just transferred from Jeju"  the class teacher,Mrs Kang came in the class with a guy following after her.

I lift my head up to look at the new student. He's tall, fair and his hair is short and neat.

Of course the first thing that popped into my mind was that he's very handsome. It's proven because the girls in my class are whispering to each other, obviously talking about him.

Mrs Kang introduces him to the class but I can't hear any of the words . I couldn't stop looking at him. Our eyes meet for a brief moment and I immediately look down at my book. "Gosh, he caught me" I murmur under my breath, feeling embarrassed. Now he's gonna think I'm sort of a freak. Well that's not really a great first impression ain't it?

I sigh.

He finally walks to the take a seat in the back of the class. His arm brushes my shoulder when he walk pass by me and it gives me shivers. Or did my heart just flutter?

My eyes follows  him quietly as he walks and I certainly does not realize that I am actually slightly smiling.

"Yay, Suzy! You just booked yourself as the class' freak " I think as I scold myself. Feeling embarrassed once again.

Jonghyun was actually looking at me ,I didn't realize. We meet eyes and he smirks. "Gosh, he's at it again..", I thought.

Kim Jonghyun. He always get on my nerves. I roll my eyes at the thought of him. I should just ignore him like I always do or we'll just fight again.

I turned again to look at Jonghyun because I can feel his eyes on the back of my head and he is still looking at me. I glared at him giving him hints . It's very uncomfortable.

He then gave me a very big and evil smile which made me angry because I know he's out to annoy me again. I just  hope he didn't see that embarrassing thing I did.

 

 

Jonghyun

 

That new guy just showed up in our class. I casually look at him as Mrs Kang introduced him to us. My eyes shifted to Suzy who was looking at him too. Her long silky hair that falls to her waist really caught my attention every time. That's why I always look at her whenever I'm bored. It's such a nice view.

Just then, the new guy started walking, heading to take his seat. Suzy got her eyes on him even when he walked pass her and her face was revealed to me. Her flawless face always take my breath away everytime. She's so pretty without even trying.

I automatically frowned when I saw a hint of smile on her lips. She was looking at him while doing so.

"Wow that's new", I thought.

Her smile soon faded and when she was about to turn back to the front, she caught me looking at her. I felt flustered for a second but then I just did my usual smirk which she detest so much. It always succeed in making her annoyed. She rolled her eyes and looked back to the front but my eyes are still on her. A few seconds after, she turned back to look at me and I just smiled at her wickedly. I love teasing her. She's cute when she's angry.

She glared at me and I continued smiling at her. Even when she turned away I am still smiling. Am I smitten?

Mrs Kang finished giving her usual homeroom talk and left. I quickly got up and head over to her table. I smiled cutely at her. She lifted her head to look at me and then rolled her eyes again and sighed. She ignored me.

It's fine. She's always like this. We used to fight a lot when it's our first year here in high school. We live in the same neighbourhood. Not just that, our sisters are best friends  so we meet each other pretty often. I like teasing her but she always took it seriously and thought that I hated her. I decided to play along because I don't want to stop talking to her. If by teasing her means that I can constantly talk to her, I don't mind. At least there's a reason for me to be near her.

I cleared my throat and peeked to see her expression. Her expression remained cold as she acted like I wasn't there .

"I saw it", I said as I thought she would respond. In fact she did because I saw her slightly flinched.

She put down her manga and look at me straight in the eyes. "Saw what?" she replied coolly. I smirked.

Her forehead slightly roughened. She's annoyed.

"You looking at that new guy all giddy and stuff"

She scoffed at sit straight. Her eyed wide as she said "I DID NO-" ,she stopped and looked around and then continued with a softer voice , "I did not, okay?" she said through gritted teeth.

"Yeah right. I saw what I saw ,woman" I said and smiled cheesily at her before heading back to my seat.

"Hey-" she called but I just walked away.

"Jonghyun!" she called me with low tone. I smiled to myself.

"Now it's my turn to ignore you"

 

Suzy

 

Jonghyun suddenly came to my desk and said that he caught me looking at the new boy giddily.

WHAT THE HELL did he even mean by giddily?! I swear I didn't look at him GIDDILY!

Right?

Gosh I hope I didn't.

I was worried for a moment there because he's know to spread false things about me. Last time he said loudly that I used feet lotion on my face. Although of course nobody would believe it but the whole class laughed at me! It was still embarrassing .

There was also a time when a sunbae gave me chocolates and Jonghyun said to the whole class that I was the one who flirted with him.

We began fighting constantly since then. I was more angry that I can't escape him. We're in the same class. The same neighbourhood. We take the same bus to school!

"Gosh , I hate him", I murmured as I crumpled a piece of paper from my desk out of rage.

 

*

 

It's lunchtime and everyone got up. I took my purse from under my desk and got up to follow everyone to the cafeteria. I'm so hungry. I bumped into the new guy as he's about to go the same way as I was. I blushed when I noticed it was him. We both stopped and he looked at me long.

I became nervous. What if he noticed I was the freak who was staring at him?

Since he's much taller than me I saw his nametag.

Kim Soo Hyun.

That's his name.

I didn't know for how long that I stood there because then he spoke. "Sorry , my bad "

I was stunned for a moment because his voice is deep and it shook my heart.

I shook my head lightly in response and looked down because obviously I don't want him to see my tomato red face! I can feel my face heating up. Thank God , my bangs and long hair helped covering my face a lot.

"Uhh .. It's okay" , I said softly. He nodded and walked pass me and left.

I took a long deep breath after that. Gosh, why was I so nervous. There I go again. I embarrassed myself for the third time today.

I kept hitting my head and shaking it as I made my way to the cafeteria.

When I got there, the line is so long. I regretted myself for being so flustered just now. Now I have to wait in line for my food.

This is such a bad day.

"Suzy! " a small voice called me and I turned my head to see my friends there. IU was waving her hand to catch my attention. I smiled and waved back. She motioned for me to come to their table but I showed the long line. Then, she lifted the food tray. I hesitated for a moment but just went to her.

"Here's your food. Gosh what took you so long?" she said , shaking her head as they all resumed eating.

"Awh, thanks Jieun ah~" I thanked her cutely as I took my seat in front of her. " What happened? " Jiyeon , my other friend asked. I grinned , "Nothing ".

She rolled her eyes at me and we all giggled. Soon, Eunjung came at sat beside me. "Here "she said, putting an orange juice by my tray. "Thanks ", I smiled. "No problem " she replied in singing tone.

 

After lunch I head back to my class. It because I'm in different class from IU and Eunjung. Jiyeon's in my class but I think she's cutting class again. She always hide on the rooftop with the other girls.

IU and I are best friends since kindergarten. At first, she hated me. She said I was acting cute in front of the teachers and the teachers love me because of that, eventhough I was dumb. Soon, we became friends when I told this one ratchet girl off for calling IU fat. Since then, we're always together. IU doesn't show her affection much. That's why she's not close to anyone  besides me. She'll talk to others and Eunjung and Jiyeon but not girl talks because she said she doesn't trust them .

Park Jiyeon. We're close since middle school. She's the princess type but she's nice and treats me well. Although sometimes I admit she can be very demanding. I see it as her charm. IU told me once that she cannot stand her. I thought it was funny.

Hahm Eunjung became our friend in first year of highschool. She, Jiyeon and I were in the same class. We connect the best with each other so we became close.

I play with my hair and turned to a corner to the back door of the class and there , Jonghyun stopped me. He stood between the door , blocking me from coming in. "Ah, Kim Jonghyun. Move! " I said, frowning at him.

He motioned with his hands for me to come closer. I lifted my brows quizically and leaned in. He cupped his hand to my ear and whispered, "From my theory of observing people. Do you like him?" 

I leaned back , frown even deeper. He nodded towards Soohyun who's sitting quietly at his desk. My mouth grew wide. I glared at him and spoke quietly with gritted teeth "No! What makes you think that, you little freak!"

He lifted his eyebrows at my response. I point my finger at him , close to his nose and said "If you dare spread stupid rumours about me again, I'm sure going to lose it!"

I pushed him to the side and head to my table and sat down grumpily.  

 

Jonghyun

 

She got up and walked away . I was just teasing her! As always , she got so worked up over it.

Am I mean because I thought it was cute?

I laughed to myself as I walked back to my seat, my eyes not leaving her and I stare at her long beautiful hair again.

Still though. Why did she smile at him? Was it instinct?