Chapter 2

Never stopped loving you

 

Sojin's POV
 
" Now class your homework assignment tonight is-" before the teacher could finish what he was saying the bell rang causing all the students to rush out of the classroom. 
 
 
I quickly packed my bags and raced out of the school grounds before anyone could stop me. I took a quick peek at my watch and started to sprint my way over to cloud nine cafe. 
 
It was a small cafe that was run by a frail old lady. It was quite famous for their delicious cheesecakes that it got to the point where it was too busy for her to manage on her own. One day after I had finished an unsuccesful job hunt I went to the cafe.
 
The old lady who always recognized me and was practically my mother at times, saw my down cast expression and quickly asked me what was wrong. When I told her about how I didn't get hired in any of the work places I chose, she quickly offered a job to me. 
 
I was very grateful for that, because without the job I don't know where I would be.
 
I pushed the glass door open causing the shop bell to ring, signaling my presence. I tied my  apron over my black pants and tucked in white polo shirt. I pulled my hair into a bun before taking my place behind the counter awaiting my call.
 
We weren't really busy on weekdays, so I mainly sat around the counter and just thought about life. My eyes wondered down to the red stringed bracelet that hung losely on my wrist. 
 
 
I brushed my thumb over the pendant of a silver tree and memories instantly flood my mind. 
 
*Flash back*
 
"Jinnie~ I bought this for you." A 9 year old boy said revealing a small stringed bracelet.
"But it's not my birthday oppa..." I said playing with the charm in my hands. 
"Silly Jinnie, its a promise charm." he grinned.
"Promise...?" I questioned raising a brow at the smiling boy. 
"Yep! That no matter what we would always be there for each other~"  
 
*Flash back end*
 
I felt my vision blurring as I remembered the times we spent together. "Sojin ah~ table 9" the old lady called bringing me back to reality. I nodded and made my way to the table in the far back. I brushed my thoughts aside as I took the order for the young couple. " Can I have one strawberry milkshake, a caramel latte and a lemon cheesecake."
 
"Would that be all?" I asked. The girl nodded before turning to give her boyfriend a peck on the lips. I quickly got the orders ready before serving them to the lovey dovey couple. After receiving no thank you, due to the them being preoccupied woth each others lips, I walked quickly back to the space behind the counter. 
 
The girl's chuckles kept ringing throughout the empty shop as they started to kiss. I inwardly groaned before turning to stare out the window. I watched as people walked passed on the phone or talking to their friend, not taking any note of their surroundings.
 
That's when it hits me. Everyone has a purpose to live, but what is mine? They all have someone to go home to. They all have someone to hold. And I dont.
 
I took a small sip of my latte before reaching for my bracelet. Carefully, I placed it back in my pocket before settling back into my chair.
"Sojin ah... Sojin ah, SOJIN AH~" Ahjumma called snapping out of my daze. 
 "Yes~" I answered.
 
 "You have been zoning out the whole day. Are you okay?" She asked in a concerned tone. 
" Do you think he will come back?" I questioned.
"Huh? Why are you asking that all of a sudden?" 
I placed my cup on the counter gently with a sigh, before turning fully to answer her.
"Because everyone has someone in this life. But I don't have anyone." I replied shifting my gaze to the floor.
 
"Aigoo, this child. Everyone lives for a reason however not everyone knows what that reason is. You just simply have to live on and accept what life has thrown at you." She said before engulfing me in a hug. 
 
"Why don't you take the rest of the day off. I'll be fine here, don't worry" she said with a motherly tone. I gave her a grateful smile before gathering my things and exiting the shop. It was only 6:00 but the night sky has already risen. I tightened my jacket around my petite body as the night breeze started the blow against my skin. 
 
I unlocked the door to my apartment with ease and efortlessly threw my bag on the couch.
"Hello umma~ I'm home!" I greeted the picture that was sitting proudly on the mantel piece. I plonked myself on to the couch drained of energy. Being too tired to carry myself to my bed, I just snuggled into the brown couch and let sleep over take me. 
 
---
Sorry for taking so long to write a crappy chapter. I promise to make the next one more interesting. 
Please comment and subscribe 
thankyou ^^