Confused...

Never stopped loving you

 

 

Dongwoo POV
 
"Where do you think you're going young lady?" Sunggyu asked as he glanced at Sojin who was halfway out the door. "Work." Was all she said before the door slammed shut. Something's not right. What happened to the 'I'm going to work Oppa! No need to worry~ I'll be back soon ^^' 
 
"Was it just me, or did she wake up on the wrong side of the bed..." Sungyeol wondered breaking the silence. "Last night she seemed like she had a lot of thoughts on her mind. You would have thought she would be over the moon considering she is now going out with Dongwoo Hyung." Sungjong mentioned. "Well you see...about that. Things didn't go to plan" I admitted avoiding eye contact with them. "What do you mean didn't go to plan?" Woohyun asked taking a sip of his coffee. "Lets just say a certain plushie dressed in a monkey suit got in the way" I mumbled.
 
"Yeah because stuffed animals are way more important than your love life..." Hoya commented taking a bite out of his toast. I glanced at him then back at the piece of bread in his hand "Hey where'd you get that?" I asked pointing to the crisp bread. "Kitchen." He simply replied nodding his head in the general direction of the kitchen.
 
"Give me some!" I demanded reaching over to grab a piece. He quickly turned his back on me letting out an annoyed breath "Get your own!" 
"Yah! I'm your Hyung!" I whined stomping my foot. "Are you sure about that?" Myungsoo questioned raising his brow at my behavior. 
 
"I think the real question here is about what happened last night" Sungyeol mentioned "What the hell was she talking about? Constipation?" He growled, his eyes piercing into mine. I cursed under my breath for being so stupid. That is the last time I'm ever going to lie. "Well, you see...about that...I ummm..." 
 
"Sorry you need to speak up..." He mocked pressing his hand up against his ear. "I had to come up with an excuse to cover up the reason for you guys not being home." I muttered. "And me having constipation so explains why we aren't home." He remarked folding his arms across his chest.
 
"Yeah but going to the Chemist for medicine does!" I mentally cheered at my awesome comeback. "You couldn't have thought of a better excuse? Seriously, I felt uncomfortable under her worried gaze this morning!" He exclaimed standing up from his seat. "I was under pressure..." I sunk back in the couch a little intimidated by his towering height. "Guys, now's not the time to be fighting." Sunggyu said pulling Sungyeol back down into his chair. 
 
"Look Hyung, it seems you don't have a lot of luck with confessing. So why don't we take it back to square one and do a simple confession." Woohyun suggested turning to face me. "Yeah, and even if you fail it won't waste our money!" Myungsoo said through gritted teeth. Wow, who knew he could get so worked up over money. He is the one who buys the same shirt no matter how expensive it is. But then again all my plans did cost a truckload. As much as I don't mind a simple confession, I want to be her first and last boyfriend so it has to be special. 
 
"I don't know... She probably doesn't even like me back. Look at me! I'm a failure!" I groaned hurrying my face in my hands. "Awww... Don't think like that Hyung. You are idolized by many. Just smile and everything will be ok!" Sungjong reassured while patting me on the back. I am idolized by many, but not by that one person. Who knew life could be so difficult. 
 
 
 
 
Sojin POV
 
I let out a sigh, placing my steaming mug down on the counter. "You don't seem to be in a good mood..." Ahjumma stated placing the rag in the sink "What's got you so down?" She asked as she flipped the sign on the door from 'open' to 'closed' 
 
"Oh it's nothing..." I huffed. "Don't give me that, tell me about that boy you've been talking about recently." She pleaded as though she were a teenage girl wanting to be let in on the latest gossip. "Oh fine..." I gave in and started to spill out everything from the first 'date' we had to events leading up to last night. 
 
"He makes me feel special and loved and..." I paused "And..." She urged me to continue. "Well I think I'm falling for him. Whenever I'm around him my heart races and I feel alive. When he smiles it lights up my world" I cringed at how cheesy I sounded. "Aww, It's obvious he likes you too! OMO I can't wait for you to get together!" She squealed. 
 
I let out a small sigh as I stirred my drink around. "You don't seem happy about that" she commented noticing my expression. "It's just that the other night while we were at Lotte World I saw something in the sky. It was a confession written in fireworks for a Sojin. I just can't help but feel slightly disappointed. And it made me think about his feelings as well as mine. What if he doesn't like me and I'm here getting my hopes up." I huffed as I played with my bracelet. 
 
"Patience is the key my dear. If two hearts are destined to beat for each other, then its only an amount of time before they beat as one." She said as she placed her hand on top of mine giving it a gentle squeeze. I could feel the motherly aura start to show as she engulfed me into a hug. Our little moment was cut short at the sound of my phone. I glanced at the caller but quickly turned off my phone. Sorry Dongwoo, but I don't feel like talking to you at the moment. 
 
"You know you can't avoid him forever " Ahjumma stated as she took off her apron. "I know, but I can't face him. I'm so confused right now." I sighed. "Why don't you get some rest, I can take it from here" she offered "Do you want me to take you home?" She looked at the dark sky with worry. I slightly shook my head. "No it's fine, my house is only a few streets away..." She had a surprised look on her face " Did you move house?" 
 
"Oh yeah! I forgot to mention before, that I moved in with him and infinite" I sheepishly answered ducking my head afraid of what her reaction would be. The room fell silent and after a while of waiting for a reply I felt something land in my hand. Curious I looked up and found her smiling at me. "Give this to the boys. They have obviously been taking care of you. It's been a while since I've seen you smile and it puts my heart at ease knowing that you aren't alone." She said as she pushed me out the door. "Be safe! I will see you tomorrow, Goodbye~" she handed me my bag.
 
It took a while for everything to register before I waved to her. "Thank you Ahjumma, good night!" I cheered fixing my bag onto my shoulder. I my heel and slowly walked away. The cold night air blew against my face making me curse myself for forgetting to take a warmer jacket with me. I rubbed both my hands together in an attempt to regain feeling in them. While walking I couldn't help but notice how empty thee street was. And no matter how much I tried I couldn't get rid of this awful feeling growing in the pit of my stomach.
 
As I was walking I could hear footsteps following close behind me, their shoes creating a sinister clucking sound against the pavement. I brushed it off and continued to walk ignoring the dark aura I was getting off the person behind me. I turned back and saw a black figure only a few feet away from me. Goosebumps were starting to form as I stared at the menacing figure. 
 
I started to fasten my pace only to have them match my speed. Their footsteps grew louder by the second, and without looking back I started to run. But running with a numb leg really slows you down which caused them to catch up to me in no time. I quickly came to a halt as I stared at the dead end in front of me. Due to my lack of awareness while I was running I led myself into an alleyway, great! I heard the footsteps slow down until their hot breath tickled my neck. I squeezed my eyes shut bracing myself for the worst. 
 
Their hand grabbed my shoulder and turned me around causing me let out a shrill scream. I started to punch the air in front of me as I tried to defend myself. I wasn't going down without a fight. "Sojin! Sojin! It's me, Dongwoo." He said as he grabbed my wrists and pulling me into a hug. "It's ok, I'm here! Nothing is going to hurt you." He soothed as he rubbed my back. I let his soft scented cologne fill my nostrils as I clung to him as though my life depended on it.
 
After a while he pulled back and looked me in the eye. "Why didn't you answer your phone, we were worried about you..." A look of concern flashed across his face. I started to feel guilty for ignoring him just because of my stupid feelings. I muttered an apology, walking around him until I reached the Main Street again. 
 
In no time we reached home and I rushed to my room. Not forgetting to hand the guys the cake from Ahjumma in the process. I slammed the door shut and dropped onto my bed. I let out a frustrated cry as I messed up my hair. How can he act like nothing happened yesterday? The roller coaster ride, the headbands, stargazing while lying beside one another. Did all that mean nothing to him? Are the feelings mutual? Or will I be the one with a broken heart in the end? 
 
My thoughts were interrupted as I heard a knock on the door followed by Sunggyu's voice. "Can I come in?" I hummed a response but made no effort to get up from my position. "Hey you alright?" He asked as he sat down next to me. "I don't know..." I groaned. I heard him chuckled but soon stopped after I threw a pillow at his face. "YAH!" He yelled his cheeks turning red from embarrassment. "Don't forget who's older..." He whined. I narrowed my eyes at him "I thought you were here to help solve my problems" I said. 
 
"You know just because I'm the leader, a very handsome one I may add, doesn't mean I can solve every one of your problems." He reasoned "oh really..." I sat up and faced him. "Ok, ok spill." He grumbled leaning back on the wall. I looked at him a little hesitant on how to tell him about my feelings. Before I could even utter a word he held up his hand "Let me guess, is this about a certain someone?" He presumed. I could feel my cheeks heat up as his face flashed in my mind.
 
"Maybe." "And does this have something to do with love?" he asked. My eyes went wide in shock. Crap, Was I that obvious? I quickly shook my head "N-No, pfft love, what are you talking about." He shot me a stern look "don't deny it. I can see it in your eyes, you love him." I let out a small giggle "You have eyes? Thats a miracle!" His eyes turned to slits causing my laughter to stop "Not funny." 
 
silence fell upon us but was soon disrupted when he started speaking " Let me tell you a story. Back in my day-" "Wait! Just how old are you?" I interrupted. "Can I continue?" He asked ignoring my statement. "As I was saying, in middle school there was a guy who had a crush on this girl, to his luck she liked him back. However, due to his lack of experience with girls, he treated her the way he treated the guys. But he thought that was the right way to act around her. In the end she fell in love with one of the heartthrobs of the school. Even his good looks couldn't win her back... Stupid Nam Woohyun. Just because he has eyes that are visible. Geez, people these days. He's lucky I forgave him-" 
 
"Can you skip to the part where this has a point.." I said cutting him off his little rant. " I was getting there, geez. Someone's impatient." He muttered.  
 
"Anyway, what I was trying to tell you is the only girls that Dongwoo has been around are his mother and his older sister. So he doesn't really know how to act around other girls, thats why he treats you like how he treats his sister. It's nothing really big, but it means that the subject of love isn't his forte. If you know what I mean..."
 
"No, I don't know what you mean" he let out a sigh while rubbing his temples "You're not making this any easier... All you need to know is, the way he acts and the way he feels are two very different things." He explained standing up from the bed. "Word of advice, don't avoid him just because you're afraid of being hurt. Life's about taking risks. " he winked closing the door behind him. I sat there in the dark comforts of my room thinking about what he just said. "Life is about taking risks. If I wait too long, I will be the one heartbroken in the end." I mumbled to myself. 
 
---
 
*Flashback*
 
"Noona! Come eat with us!" Sungjong called as he followed me down the hall. I continued walking, completely ignoring him. After the incident yesterday regarding Min, which ended in me waking up in the Nurses office with infinite by my side. I've been trying to avoid them as much as possible. It's not that I didn't like their company, but I'm just afraid. Afraid that history will repeat and they're going to leave me one day. Just like what he did to me...
 
When I got home last night I kept scolding myself on putting my guard down and letting them in. Although I'm incline on keeping myself within the shadows, I hate to admit but a little part of me kind of hopes that Infinite will persist in being my friend. But are they someone I can trust?
 
My thoughts were interrupted as I bumped into a muscular torso. I slowly glanced up to find Hoya staring back down at me. I quickly ducked my head, mumbling an apology before walking off. I didn't get that far when Woohyun just appeared out of nowhere. 
 
"A pretty lady like you shouldn't be eating alone." He winked, pulling me towards him. "Why not spend lunch time with your handsome prince?" He whispered. Before I could reply a hand came out of nowhere pulling the greasy boy away from me. "Handsome my " Sungyeol rolled his eyes before sending me an apologetic look. It took a lot of effort not to laugh at their childish behavior. It reminded me of the him, my oppa. Before he left me, we would always play together without having a care to the world. 
 
Before I could crack a smile I silently slipped away leaving them bickering amongst the crowd of hungry students. I managed to escape to the garden and found a peaceful spot under a tree. A contented sigh left my lips as the wind ran through my hair. I leaned back against the tree as I enjoyed the peace and quiet. 
 
"I thought you would be here..." A deep voice chirped. My eyes shot open as I stared at the boy. "The name's Dongwoo..." He said as if he was answering the question lingering in my head. I nodded my head before shifting my gaze from him to the birds soaring high. He seemed uncomfortable under the awkward silence but tried his best to remain calm. "I'm sorry about my Dongsaengs. Whenever they like someone they tend to be clingy..." 
 
I glanced at him and noticed how his eyes seemed to sparkle under the sunlight. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks. Control yourself Sojin, he's probably just like the rest... 
He fiddled with the hem of his jacket as he started to speak. "I know we kind of got off on an awkward start, but do you want to be friends?" 
 
* End of Flashback *
 
I smiled at the memory that kept playing in my mind as though it were yesterday. I sprawled across the floor in exhaustion as sweat dripped down my forehead. The competition was now only a week away, which meant I had to practice more than ever. I've been dancing on the streets and around the area the competition is being held in, so I have a rough idea of the standards of the other contenders. I've seen how infinite and the other crews dance, and I need to step up my game in order to beat them. 
 
 
I picked myself off the ground and staggered to my room. Making sure to keep the dance room in the state it was in before I came. I carelessly threw my bag into a corner of my room with a loud bang, only to shortly regret it after as I remembered the boys still deep in slumber across the hall. I sat on my bed undoing the laces of my shoes when my eyes wondered to my healing wound. I pulled my pants up a little higher and felt a smile start to form on my lips. My fingers carefully traced the edges of the bandaid in delight as I stared at the familiar character printed on it. 
 
"My Micky mouse"
 
 
---
 
A lot of things happened there. 3,045 words...WOW! That's more than what I write in school. Be proud guys! 
 
LOL >.< I'll keep it short.
 
So...
 
HAPPY READING~! And please comment and subscribe ^^
 
This is Michellez_014 signing out! (Please just ignore that, it's the sugar talking)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Key has got the Onew condition >.<
 
 
(Pictures aren't mine, credits to owner)