Café

Never stopped loving you

 

Sojin POV
 
"It seems like Romeo is looking for his Juliet." Ahjumma teased gesturing at the door. I followed her gaze to find Dongwoo outside patiently waiting.
 
He noticed my stare and started jumping up and down while waving energetically. I chuckled at the sight before opening the shop door for him, "Bout time, I thought you'd never open the door." 
 
I raised my eyebrow at the boy "The cafe doesn't close for another 2 hours, hence the 'open' sign hanging on the door you were standing in front of!" 
 
"I was just being polite." He huffed but quickly straightened to greet Ahjumma. 
 
"Ahjumma, Can I steal Sojin?" He asked. I gave him a look and glanced at the time. "I'll be on my break in 30 minutes, you couldn't have waited till then?" He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck "Well, No. But I wanted to take you somewhere..." He begged, clasping his hands together in a pleading way. 
 
"No is no, besides I still have to help Ahjumma until the next worker comes in." I reasoned turning to her. She softly chuckled "Go! Business is slow, I'll be fine here. Go have fun, but not too much fun. If you now what I mean" she elbowed my ribs. 
 
"Yes! Thankyou Ahjumma" he cheered grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door. "Ah young love!" I heard her sigh as she waved us off. I took one glance at her before letting Dongwoo drag me out the door. 
 
"So where did you want to take me?" I asked lacing my fingers through his. He glanced down at our linked hands, smiling before glancing back at me. "Somewhere..." He teased swinging our hands. It wasn't long before we arrived outside a cafe which was decorated with lights and candles, giving off a warm romantic feel.
 
I raised an eyebrow at his choice of place, "Why a cafe?" He grinned opening the door for me before replying "I wanted to eat cake." I frowned at his answer as I peered at the small menu which was set on the round oak table. 
 
"And tell me why you had to drag me out of work half and hour early to come to a cafe to eat cake. What's wrong with the cakes at the cafe I work at which we were standing in," I paused glancing down at my small wrist watch, " 10 minutes ago." He looked up from the menu and flashed me a smile which made me melt. 
 
"But then that would mean that my Jagiya would have to go through the trouble of making me coffee. I don't ever want to you to lift a finger for me." He claimed as he called over a waiter.  After we finished ordering I turned back to the smiling boy and glared at him which instantly caused him to pull his lips into a firm line. 
 
"Jinnie...are you mad at me." He asked poking my arm. I turned my head to look out the window and watched a the cars travelled up and down the street. "Jinnie~ look at me. Look at me~" he sang pulling my arm so I was facing him and not the window. I averted my eyes elsewhere trying not to fall into his trap. 
 
"Jinnie, if you love me then look at me." I sighed and faced him but immediately regretted it as he pulled his arms above his head making a heart shape. 
"I love you~" I blushed at his statement making him grin in victory. 
 
Soon enough our orders came which caused our conversations to come to a halt as we gaped at the two mouth watering slices of chocolate cream cake. As soon as the plates hit the table we took no hesitation and took a bite of the sweet treat. 
 
I looked down at my half eaten cake and scooped a piece up bringing up to Dongwoo's lips. Confusion flashed through the latter's eyes and he meekly brought up a finger pointing to himself. "Me?" I nodded my head and pushed the spoon forward urging him to eat it. 
 
"Ah~" he sang as he opened his mouth and greatly took the piece of the cake, savoring the sweet taste it had when the flavors hit how tongue. He then did the same for me and fed me a piece of his cake, despite it being the same flavor as mine. 
 
We both grinned at each other, happy with each others presence. He placed his spoon down and gazed into my eyes as he continued on with what he was saying before we were interrupted by the goodness of the baked delights.
 
"Life is like a cake. If you have too many good things it becomes too sweet." He said as he swiped his finger on top of the icing before popping it in his mouth. "Hmmm, tasty" he looked so cute at that moment "Since when have you become a Philosopher?" I raised my eyebrow. "But it's true. My life is too sweet because I have you." I cringed at the cheesiness. 
 
I swirled the steaming drink around in my mug building up the courage before asking the question that was lingering in my mind. "I never got to ask this but, when did you first start liking me?" I asked the curious feeling building its way inside me. 
 
He contemplated on an answer for a while before replying "Honestly, ever since that day we bumped into each other in the hall. It felt as though I was staring into the eyes of an angel." 
 
I blushed at his comment and averted my eyes to the drink in front of me. "But you know, it still feels like that right now." He added reaching out for my hand. I stared into his eyes and felt the heat regain in my cheeks.
 
A small cough could be heard breaking us from our little moment. "Here is the Bill." The waitress placed a small black book on the table before she her heel and left. After settling the price he grabbed my hand and for the second time today, pulled me along.
 
My mind was too preoccupied with the lingering words of what Dongwoo said earlier that it wasn't until I bumped into something hard that I finally came back to my sense. I quickly apologized to the person and continued out through the door. 
 
I stopped in my tracks and glanced back at the person. More specifically, the bracelet that caught my eye when I walked into them. The bracelet was made with 4 different kinds of colorful string weaved together. The home made charm obviously got too small for them because of the attached black string which extended it to fit on their wrist.
 
Since its homemade, it meant that it was a lot more unique than other bracelets. I tried to brush off the déjà vu feeling but failed when the image of the string sitting on their arm kept finding its way back into my mind. I shook my head and watched the retreating figure walk straight into the cozy cafe we just came from. 
 
Dongwoo lightly tugged on my hand signaling me to continue following him. I took one last look at the figure before silently falling into step with Dongwoo. "Doesn't it feel nice to walk hand in hand through the streets of Seoul like this with me?" He asked breaking the growing silence. I turned to look at him before agreeing the smile never leaving my face.
 
He tugged on my hand and pulled me off the path onto the grass which led towards the park. The leaves on the trees were rustling as the summer breeze sweep by. The sun was being to set which signaled all the wandering children to run back into their homes. 
 
We walked towards the playground before we settled on the swings, the warm orange rays of sunlight bursting through the gaps between the towering trees. We stayed like that for a while, the only sound that could be heard was the squeaking of the swings. 
 
"Isn't it beautiful?" I asked admiring the small pond behind the jungle of flowers and blossoms which were glistening due to the sun. There was a small silence before Dongwoo whispered a reply along the lines of: you're the perfect definition of beautiful.
 
After watching the sun go down, Dongwoo suddenly jumped up from his seat and bounced his way in front of me. I stared at him with amusement as he started to dance to 2PM's debut song '10 out of 10' which was currently playing on his phone. 
 
"Her lips are tasty, lips are tasty (10 out of 10)
Her legs are beautiful, legs are beautiful (10 out of 10)
Her waving hair, her waving hair (10 out of 10)
Everything from her head to her toes (10 out of 10)"
 
A blush crept up on my face as a smile radiated of my lips. He extended his arm towards me in the midst of his dancing and pulled me up from the swing. The song changed and 'Nobody' by Wonder Girls replaced the small silence that soon followed after.
 
Both of us burst into a fit of giggles as we continued to move our body to the beat. When the song came to an end we collapsed onto the grass, catching our breath. 
 
We glanced up at the sky, which by now was starting to be filled with the twinkling of many stars. My head rested against his chest making the sound of his heart beat fill my ears. I let out a breath and watched as he played with our intertwined hands. 
 
"That was fun!" I exclaimed and snuggled against his body. His chest rose up and down as he let out a laugh. "Are you glad I pulled you out of work early?" I hummed a response listening to the steady beats of his heart. 
 
We stayed like that for a while until we decided to start to head home before the night got too dark. We walked home with our hands linked, the night breeze piercing our skin. The only source of light that was on the street was the dimly lit street lights and the bright moon above us. 
 
But even with the lack of light, my life still felt bright and beautiful. And with that we both continued to head back to the large yet cozy house at the end of the street, filled with a group of welcoming boys whom I call family. 
 
---
A/N:
I have over 50 Subscribers! Even though to some this might not be so big of an achievement, but to me it means the world. I'm so grateful for all of your support and comments~
 
 
Please keep on reading, I LOVE YOU GUYS <3
 
So please continue to comment and subscribe if you haven't already ;)