D-Day Part 2

Never stopped loving you

Sojin POV

 
I got to know Dongwoo more throughout the day. I feel comfortable when I'm around him. Do I...like him? The more I thought about my feelings, the more confused I get. I just don't understand my heart. 
 
While we were having our dinner at a near by fancy Italian restaurant, one of the Ahjumma waitresses came over. She had a huge grin planted on her face, her eyes reflecting the lights making them sparkle.
 
 "You make a very cute couple! How lucky are you getting a man who will bring you to fancy restaurant~ I wish you both happiness" She sang disappearing into the shadows. I felt heat rise to my cheeks causing me to lower my head in an attempt to hide my red face. I continued to eat trying to ignore the awkward atmosphere.
 
"Ahem" I heard a cough and looked up to meet Dongwoo's confused stare. "You alright??" I questioned getting worried at his sudden change in attitude. He tilted his head to the side making him look adorable. 
 
"You never told me about your family..." I froze at that statement. I never expected to face my past again.
 
Dongwoo POV
 
I watched as Sojin shifted uncomfortably in her seat. Her long brown hair fell across her face like a curtain. I heard her sigh before she lifted her head. Pain and sadness filled her eyes as she opened to speak. "When I was 6 my family fell apart..." Her voice cracked as her eyes filled with tears. It pained my heart to see the once happy Sojin turn into that fragile porcelien doll.
 
"My dad kept coming home from work drunk. I was alone in the house at night because my mom was working, leaving me to take care of him. One day on my way home from school I saw my dad kissing another woman. I ran all the way home crying. I refused to believe that he was cheating on my mother so I kept quiet. It was like that for months, until the same thing happened again. This time I confronted him when he came home. But that was a bad idea, he yelled at me and he h-hit me. He hit a six year old who was his daughter. His own blood. Someone who he had cared for, or at least thought he had cared for." She croaked.
 
Sojin's POV
 
"He was furious. Everyday he came home more and more drunk. He would beat me up so badly that it left me with deep scars, mentally and physically. I never said anything to my mom because she deserved to be happy. If that meant I had to take unnecessary beatings then so be it. I lived like that for 3 years, too afraid to speak up. I hardly saw my mom so I never got the chance to say anything. I would quielty cry myself to sleep, desperate for love and care. Until that one day..." 
 
*Flashback*
 
My tears mixed in with the red liquid dripping down my face as I stared at my father. No matter how much it hurts, I never showed any signs of weakness. He grabbed my shirt lifting me up in the air so I was face to face with him. His breathe reaked of alcohol. He raised his arm up making me squeeze my eyes shut. As I waited for the impact, I heard the door click open.  My moms head poked through the door, she was about to say something when she saw the situation I was in. 
 
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Her voice echoed through the house. 
 
My dad stood there shocked before dropping me to the ground. I groaned at the impact my lean body had with the hard floor boards. My mother gasped in horror at the state I was in; messy hair, deep cuts placed on my limbs, bruises on my cheeks. She quickly pulled me behind her, glaring hatefully at my dad.
 
"What was that about??" She asked tears filling her eyes. He just scoffed and rolled his eyes. She stared at him in disbelief and slapped him. My dad was taken by surprise, his mouth slightly ajar. "W-What was that f-for?" He stuttered.
 
She just hissed at him, tears running down her face. "Why were you hitting Sojin? And have you been drink-" 
 
"OH WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP WOMEN!!" He yelled pulling his hair out in anger. I watched as his face changed color into a deep shade of red from the anger and the embarrassment."IT'S YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! Why can't you be like her? Everyone laughs at me when they see me with you! You don't earn enough money for me. And you just had to be in the wrong place at the wrong time!" He shouted pointing at me.
 
"What d-did she do?" My mother asked confused. "SHE RUINED EVERYTHING WITH HER! MY OTHER WOMEN SAW THAT I HAD A FILTHY KID! And now I'm stuck with you, you dirty ." he spat obviously not thinking straight due to the amount of beer he had consumed. 
And that did it. My mom punched him square in the jaw having enough with his insults. "Get out." She said through clenched teeth.
 
"You c-can't do this to me..." He stuttered.
"You have already made it clear that you don't want to be here, so go off to the little you have." She said her voice hoarse. And with that he left. He just walked out. When the door closed with a loud bang, she dropped to the ground sobbing like a baby.
 
I went over to her hugging her while she cried. Cried for watching her first love walk out of the door, and out of her life. She cried for every cut that decorated my skin. She cried because she wasn't there. She made herself believe that it was her fault. When it wasn't. It was mine.
 
"I'm sorry." I whispered.
 
*Flashback End*
 
I let the freshly fallen tears drip down my cheeks as the images replayed in my head like a movie. 
 
Dongwoo POV
 
Her past was so horrible, it made me wonder how she was able to stay strong while being treated so horribly at school. 
 
"We thought that after he walked out, he would be out of our lives forever. We thought we would be able to live peacefully. But we were so wrong. He came back a week later, drunk as ever. He wouldn't leave. He wouldn't let my mom divorce with him. He kept hitting us over and over again. He kept threatening that he would take all the money we had and leave if we said anything bad about him. We lived in fear for 2 years, scared whenever he was around. One day he came home furious. He started thrashing the house while yelling curse words. My mom and I were holding each other in the corner afraid that he would turn to us next. He was so drunk that he didn't realize he gambled all our money away. He left us with nothing. This time when he closed the door he was gone forever."
 
She choked on a sob as the memories started hitting her again. I reached for her hand grabbing it with mine. I looked at her with concern giving her the strength she needs to continue.
 
"From then on we worked morning and night in an attempt to get back all the money we lost." She took in a shaky breath, "But when I was 15 my mom was diagnosed with cancer. We were still struggling to keep up with the bills, let alone afford to buy her medications. Even if she took medicine the doctor said she would only live for another 6 months. I begged and pleaded for them to find a way to cure her, but it was no use. She was getting weaker and weaker by the day. She was so fragile and pale. I bought some medicine but she wouldn't take them. She said there was no point. She gave up. On my 16th birthday I came home from work to find her laying on the floor. Her eyes were half open and she was having a hard time breathing. It was her time." 
 
I watched as she broke down, her hands covering her face as she weeped. Every sob tugged on my heart. I wrapped my arms around her, bringing her out of the restaurant. I brought her to the Han River and set her down on the bench. The moonlight reflecting off the water. She calmed down a bit and turned to me, her eyes glistening with tears. 
 
"Do you want to know what her last words were?" She asked snuggling into my embrace. I nodded waiting for her reply.
 
"Believe~" She whispered. 
 
We stayed like that for a while before I stood up. I took her hand and we started walking home. I kept staring at our joined hands and stayed quiet for the rest of the way. Her words kept replaying in my head as the same question lingered in my mind. How did she survive all that? 
 
In almost no time we arrived at her house. She unlocked the door and smiled at me. "Thankyou so much for today. It was nice to get out of the house. I enjoyed it. Oh and thanks for listening to what I had to say, it felt good to get if off my chest." She cheerfully spoke turning back into her usual self.
 
"I enjoyed today as well. Lets do that again sometime" I offered receiving a nod from her. I was just about to leave when she spoke "Make sure you hide the keychains from the others unless you want to be slaughtered..." She laughed closing the door.
 
I smiled to myself, setting foot back onto the street. We made great progress from what we had 2 weeks ago. I still remember how hard it was for us to convince her to become our friends. She was scared we were using her, and that we were going to leave her.
 
But now I understand why. And now it is my job to make sure that she will never have to cry again. Now her life is going to be filled with nothing but happiness, and I was going to make sure of it.
---
 
Thanks for reading >.<
 
Please comment and subscribe~
 
Who can't wait for Infinite's Comeback?? I know I can't 
OMG SUNGJONG'S TEASER WAS SO CUTE~ KYAAAAA *fangirling* 
 
 
 
 
(Credits to owner)