I'm Kris

Never stopped loving you

Sojin POV

 

Yi Fan stepped back when a soft clearing of the throat was heard and simply shot me a crooked smile. "It's nice to see you again Sojin-ah!" He cooed, a mysterious glint flashing in his eyes. His voice brought chills down my spine and I had to try hard not to cower under his and everyone else's gaze.

"Can't say the same about you." I grumbled before recomposing myself. I shot him a small smirk, my eyes narrowed while my lips curved into a mocking smile, " I recommend the Iced Americano."I simply stated as I examined his expression.

At my statement his brows knitted together as his face hardened. Scoffing in disbelief he turned his eyes flickered towards the specials board before they drifted back to me. "I thought you would've remembered, I only like sweet things."

I let out a huff as I tried to push aside the conflicting feelings that was slowly creeping back into my heart. What was it that he wanted? He's already making it harder than it is by showing up here and reminding me of back then.

"No matter how sweet something is, it still wouldn't be able to cure the bitterness of your heart." I remarked taking him off guard. But before he could respond a soft clearing of the throat was heard snapping both of our attention back onto the baffled group of boys.

Sunggyu scrunched his nose, narrowing his eyes even more, if that was possible, before raising his finger in the direction of us two. "Wait, so you know each other?" He asked still trying to register  what had just happened. Yi Fan simply nodded, his eyes fixed on mine.

"More than you would ever know." At his words all of their jaws dropped and their eyes bulged out of their sockets. I let out a sigh as I tapped the pen against my notepad in frustration. Great. Just great.

I felt this sudden urge just to go over and pull out his hair, but I knew too well that it was near impossible. For starters Ahjumma would freak over me doing that to a costumer. Secondly, he is so freaking tall and Ahjumma would still freak out.

But then again it's only near impossible, doesn't mean I can't try...right?

I was just about to advance onto the oblivious boy when Ahjumma appeared from the back and started to make her way towards us.

"Sojin-ah!" She called her voice echoing through the café. Oh god, not now.

"Sojin-ah, what are you doing?" She asked as soon as she arrived at the table. Her eyes scanned the table a few times before they brightened at a familiar face.

"Just because you're handsome boyfriend is here doesn't give you an excuse to slack off." She teased causing my cheeks to tinge a soft shade of pink. "Oh, and who might these lovely men be?" She asked motioning to the boys whose jaws were still ajar.

"We're Sojin noona's friends." Sungjong piped up cutely causing the older woman to swoon over his cuteness.

Her face visibly brightened at the word 'friends' and nudged me with her elbow, "You finally have friends Sojin-ah. And not only that, but they're handsome too!" She exclaimed clapping her hands together, completely unaware of the flushed faces of the boys.

 

And I always wondered why I never had friends. Oh Ahjumma...

 

"Well come on, don't let them starve now." She said motioning with her hands to hurry it up. I stiffly nodded my head tucking my notepad under my arm before leaning over and gathered the menus that were decorating the table. Without a second glance I scurried away, trying hard to contain my frustrations. 

 

 

 

Returning back to the table with a tray full of food, I stifled a laugh as I watched the boys salivate at the sight. Carefully, I set the cakes and drinks in front of each person before gathering myself and stepping away from the table.

Before I could take another step, I felt a cold hand latch itself onto my wrist preventing me from hurrying away. Yi Fan's eyes peered into mine, his eyebrows raised "Jinnie, where's my cake?"

A soft smirk played on my lips as I turned around to face him.

 

"Up your ."

 

---

 

I knew the minute Yi Fan said that we knew each other, that I wouldn't be able to hear the end of it. The walk home was excruciating to the fact that I considered jumping in the way of oncoming traffic. Well...maybe not to that extent.

 

But the way they flooded me with questions made my ear drums burst and caused my head to throb. Even the level-headed one, Sunggyu, couldn't refrain from the constant queries.

With a sigh, I shoved my hands in my pockets and slowed down my pace to match the one of  Dongwoo - the only rational thinking person at this moment in time. His eyes were glued to his shoes as they scuffed against the concrete. His pink tongue swiped against his bottom lip - an action he always did when he was in deep thought, which was almost never.

 

"Dongwoo"

"Hmm..."

I gently tugged on his hand causing him to stop in his tracks.

"Can you promise me something?" I asked. When he didn't say anything, I continued

"That you'll believe in me until the end." I took a breath, "And that no matter what, you won't loose faith in me when you know of the truth."

The silence lingered in the air for a while longer, by now the boys had turned into a small spec along the horizon. He slowly glanced back at me, "If you can't trust me with your problems, then why are you pushing for me to trust you?"

And just like that, I felt my heart clench. He was right, if I couldn't get over my fears of history repeating itself, then why am I expectant that he could trust me.

 

"I'm sorry." I whispered as I watched Dongwoo walk off.

And before long he too turned into a small spec along the horizon.

---

 

To: Gyu Oppa

I decided to take a detour.

Don't find me.

- Sojin

 

I pressed send then sunk back into the wooden park bench. The icy wind blew causing me to rub my arms in an attempt to feel the warmth creep back up my veins. The sound of the creaking swing set filled my ears as my mind snapped back to before.

The past shouldn't make me weak, it should instead give me strength. I should play on my experiences and not allow them to play with me.

But no matter how many times I told myself that, it scared me to confront those fears. Those fears of being betrayed and abandoned.

But they're not like that.

And I have to remember that. They're not like him.

They're seven boys who led me out of my secure shell.

Why do I always choose to run away instead of believing that they will always be there.

 

They can't run away from you if you're doing the running, Sojin.

 

I cursed myself for doing this to them, again. They don't deserve this, none of them do.

 

"Thinking of me?"

My eyes averted to the left slightly, only to see Yi Fan standing there with his lips tugged upwards in a mocking smile.

"Funny how I knew you would be here,Sojin."

I didn't move, or acknowledge what he'd said, or that he'd plonked himself down beside me. Instead I kept my eyes focused on the swaying swing set. "What do you want?"

"Do you still remember that day?"

He asked, his head turning in my direction. I felt myself grow irritated as my tranquil surroundings turned dark and gloomy.

 

 

 She was wearing a blouse that matched the color of the sky. Her hair was effortlessly let down, yet her beauty radiated off her face. She sat down on the bench and watched amusingly as I continued to play on the swing. Every time her face came into view I would smile widely and wave.

My mother would take me to the park and after we watched the clouds, she would sit on the bench and watch me play.

"Umma!" I called, trying to get her attention. I let go with one hand and waved only to wobble and slide forward. A small yelp sounded from my lips as I awaited the impact of the hard ground.

But the feeling never came. "Yah! Be careful!"

Startled I opened my eyes and turned my head back to see who the owner of the voice was.

"You're lucky I was here or you would have eaten the grass." The boy snarled and let go of my shirt. Feeling my cheeks grow red at his comment, I lowered my head and muttered a small thank you.

"Yah! I save your life and you don't even thank me properly. Geez." He puffed up his cheeks and turned his head to the side. "And to think I wanted to be your friend." My eyes rounded and the ends of my lips curled upwards "You want to be my friend?"

The boy turned his head back in my direction and looked at me. "Maybe."

I couldn't hide the grin that was forming on my face, "I'm Sojin."

"I'm Yi Fan."

 

 

 

"I thought I was nothing to you. Why are you still here?"

His lips dropped into a thin line and he hung his head low.

"You're my friend Jinnie."

"No I'm not. And you made that pretty clear before." My voice was sharp as I turned to look him in the eye. I was not afraid. He shouldn't be able to scare me. I shouldn't live in fear.

"Don't play with them Yi Fan." I warned, my eyes turning to slits.

He shifted uncomfortably under my gaze but nonetheless kept a strong appearance. He wasn't going to let me know that he was slightly intimidated.

"I prefer to be called Kris now."

I let out a sadistic laugh "What do you want Kris? Last time I associated myself with you, I wasted my time." I spat and clenched my fists.

He flashed me a smile and reached out to touch my hand. "I want you Jinnie." I moved my hand from his reach and glared at him. He wasn't going to play this game. I was not going to be played with again.

"I asked you what you wanted?"

"And I told you, I want you."

I felt the anger pulse through my veins as I jumped from my seat, "Cut the crap! Why are you befriending them? Are you going to leave them like how you left me?" I took a breath and composed myself.

 

"You're pathetic Yi Fan, Kris - whoever you are." I turned to leave, "And that's all you'll ever be."

 

----

A/N: 

Hi, 

Long time no see.

So this story is finally back on track. And I have already written the next upcoming chapters, so you're in luck. 

No more 6 month hiatuses from moi.

So,

I'm aware of Kris' departure from EXO, however, I'm going to continue with this story and with his character. 

 

INFINITE is rocking Last Romeo. THEY ARE SO Y~~

 

Anyway,

Till next time...

- Michellez_014