Hyung

Never stopped loving you
 
 
Sojin POV 
 
I closed the front door and slipped out of my shoes and into my slippers before making a dash to my room. I just needed time alone, time to sort everything out in my head before I end up lashing out at someone.
 
But luck just wasn't in my favor and before I could even make it to the bottom of the stairs my presence was known and I knew that the boys weren't going to let my little stunt go. 
 
"Sojin" I froze in my step and meekly turned around to face Sunggyu whose eyes were raised at my position. I composed myself and just muttered a yes, pretending that I didn't know where this was heading. 
 
"You're coming with me." And before I knew it I was standing in front of seven baffled boys who judging by their expressions, were demanding answers. 
 
Their strong gazes burned into mine and it felt like eternity had passed before someone cleared their throat to ease the silence. 
 
"Sojin...What happened?" Woohyun asked softly, his gaze never faltering. I uncomfortably shifted my weight from each foot and nervously fiddled with the hem of my shirt. 
 
"It was... It was..." I started trying to decide what would be the best explanation for my actions. The boy you guys have befriended is someone I know whom I'm afraid of. Well his actions and what misfortune he might bring is what I'm afraid of. Either way there was no way I would be able to escape this interrogation easily.  
   
"Look, that guy just seemed like someone I know. That's all." I finished with a sigh and warily scanned their faces. Hoya pulled his lips into a firm line, his eyebrows furrowed "So...you ran away from him?"
 
I mentally cursed at my stupidity. Now they're going to question who that 'someone' was and what they are to me. I stumbled with my words as I tried to come up with a reasonable excuse "I-I was just...umm...surprised?" I weakly stated with a hint of uncertainty in my voice. 
 
All their faces mirrored the expression of Hoya's and I was crossing my fingers that they would buy my pathetic answer. Sunggyu clasped his hands together while carefully eyeing me from head to toe, "I hope you realize that it will take a lot more to be able to fool us." My heart beat quickened and I could feel my hands growing moist at his every word. Of course they didn't buy it, I was stupid for even hoping that they would. 
 
"Sojin, you know as well as I do that that's not the full story" he sighed "but I know that you're doing what you're doing for a reason. And I can only hope that one day you will understand that we care for you a lot, and that you can trust us with anything." I let out an in audible sigh of relief and thanked the heavens that for giving me at least one level-headed, rational thinking friend. 
 
"So I and the others," he shot a knowing look at the boys "will be patient and wait for that day to come." He finished, turning to me with a gentle smile.  
 
Not knowing what to say, I slowly nodded my head and excused myself from the group before making my way up the stairs. Once I reached my room, I flopped onto my bed in exhaustion. Bringing my hand up to my head, I gripped my hair and ruffled it with a sigh. 
 
I hated it. I hated feeling weak. I hate it when I'm torn away from reality and pushed back into the past. But what I hated most was the fact that I was too selfish about my own feelings that I disregarded those of my friends. 
The heartbroken look that was displayed in their faces when I refused to tell them anything was etched into my memory. They were always honest with me and never failed to voice their feelings out with one another. The unbreakable trust they shared was something I just broke in only a few sentences. And yet despite the dishonesty I just displayed, they were still so understanding with me. 
 
---
 
A few days had passed since my short encounter with the new boy and ever since then my life has been on the accelerator. Despite knowing the new boy for a little less than a week, the boys took no time in accepting him into their friendship group. 
 
What started off with a few conversations in the hallway soon turned into a daily lunchtime gathering where he wouldn't turn down the offer to sit and eat with us. I still had my suspicions about him no matter how good-willed he seemed. He and I both knew that his sudden appearance wasn't coincidental and I was going to do everything in my power to protect the boys. 
 
So during the course of lunch time, I would excuse myself from their grasps and find a secluded space away from the boys in a reasonable hearing distance and would monitor their conversations, checking every now and then to ensure that they wouldn't notice me. 
 
And here I am, plonked against the mirror in the dance room after yet another unsuccessful day of trying to find out his real intentions. The sweat kept trickling down my forehead but I was too engrossed with my thoughts to even bring my hand up to wipe it away.  
 
A groan escaped my lips as a small knock on the door was heard before Sungjong's head popped out from behind it. "Noona?" he asked, his eyes scanning the room before they zeroed down on my exhausted figured. 
 
"The others and I are going out, we figured you'd want to be alone without any distractions" he announced before he turned his head to the table beside the door, his eyes brightening at the sight of his wallet "Ah there it is..." He mumbled stuffing it in his pocket. 
 
"Wait, Sungjong-ah!" I called stopping him before he could close the door. "Where are you guys going?" Sungjong turned around with a bright smile plastered on his face "We're meeting Hyung at the arcade at 5 o'clock, which is in 10minutes" he said checking the time on his phone.
 
At the mention of the time my eyes doubled and I stumbled to my feet, pushing Sungjong out of the way as I bolted out of the room. Throwing my uniform on I quickly rushed to the front door and raced towards the small café mentally thanking Sungjong for commenting about the time. 
 
---
 
My finger traced circles on the counter as I let out a sigh. The night was dragging on, only a few costumers had stopped by but other than that the night was quiet. I stared out the window and let my thoughts run wild. 
 
My mind went back to what Sungjong had said before I left. The boys were probably having the time of their lives right now with their 'hyung', whoever he was. 
 
The small bell sounded, signaling more costumers. "Sojin-ah! Can you serve them?" She called from where she was in the back icing cakes. I wordlessly pulled the pen and notebook from the front pocket of my black apron and made my way over there. Just as I was a step away from the table I lifted my head, a warm smile playing on my lips. 
 
But my smile slowly disappeared from my lips as I stared at the seven boys sitting around the table. Weren't they supposed to be at the arcade? I kind of wished that they wouldn't bother me here and allow me some space to think. But what happens, happens and I couldn't fight the smile finding its way back to my lips at their faces. At least my night wouldn't be too boring anymore. 
 
"Sojin! I didn't know you worked here. That's probably why Dongwoo hyung practically dragged us over here" Sungyeol grinned stealing a quick glance at the blushing elder. 
 
"So this is where my dongsaeng works..." Sunggyu muttered looking around the shop, "nice" he commented before going back to reading the menu. 
 
I cleared my throat and clicked my pen "Can I take your order?" I asked before the guys shouted different names of cakes and coffees here and there, giving me a hard time to try and write it all. But I managed to after shouting at them at various occasions to slow down. 
 
"Is that all?"
 
"Wait, Hyung still needs to order" Hoya said making me puzzled. "But everyone ordered" I reasoned doing a mental check list on who ordered. Woohyun shook his head repeating what Hoya said. 
 
I tapped the pen thoughtfully against my notepad "Who's this Hyung guy you speak of?"
 
"Oh it's me!" A deep voice called from behind me squeezing into the booth beside Myungsoo. My body froze at his voice as my eyes stayed glued on him. Of course it was him. 
 
I tried hard not to glare at him and had to hold my tongue from sprouting any nasty comments. "What do you want?" I asked holding back the urge to bombard him with my unanswered questions.
 
His eyes stayed fixed on mine as he pulled his lips into a lopsided smile. His tongue ran across the his bottom lip as he made no motion of looking at the menu. "You know the usual, jinnie" he mockingly said the last part causing me to grit my teeth in anger. 
 
"Hyung, you know Sojin?" Woohyun asked staring at us in disbelief. "More than you would ever know."
 
Every word he said brought another wave of emotions over me. Just what did he want?
 
"I said, what do you want? Wu.Yi.Fan." I emphasized every word, my voice dripping with venom. My breathing got heavier as his name flowed out of my mouth. I had to snap back to reality and stop wishing he wasn't who I feared he was.  
 
"Oh geez, no oppa this time?" He innocently asked, smirking once he realized he had gotten to me.  
 
My grip around my pen tightened and I squeezed my lips together. "You were never my oppa" I said thought clenched teeth. 
 
My comment only caused him to chuckle as he stood up from his seat. He brought his face close to my ear "You can't run from reality forever Sojin" He whispered sending chills down my spine, "You know what I mean."
 
---
A/N: 
 
*plays dramatic music*
 
I'm so disappointed with myself, I really wanted to upload this chapter earlier. I'm very sorry! 
 
On another note...
 
If there are any BANAS out there, have you guys seen B1A4's comeback! I love their song lonely and too much. Sandeul and Gongchan's voices are beautiful together.
 
But anyway, 
 
Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing. 
 
I really appreciate all all your love and support~
 
사랑해요 <3