The Milkshake

Never stopped loving you

 

 
Sojin POV
 
"You know my Mom really likes you." My lips curved into a smile at this statement. "Really?" "Yeah I've never seen her speak so openly to someone she met for the first time." Dongwoo said as he my hair.
 
It's been a few days since their visit and ever since then Dongwoo would keep updating me with the latest information whenever they had a phone call.
 
Silence filled the air as we continued to watch the movie that was playing on the T.V. We had the house to ourselves today since the boys were at the arcade. It seemed a bit weird how the boys suggested to leave us alone for the day, but I guessed that Dongwoo played a part in threatening them to comply to his orders. 
 
An hour into the movie I could start to feel Dongwoo's breathing even out as his chest, which I was using as my pillow, started to slow down in its rhythm of heaving up and down. 
 
With a curious eye, I tilted my head upwards to find Dongwoo sleeping. With a sigh I moved his arms which were circled around my waist and stood up. 
 
This wasn't the first time he has fallen to sleep during a movie he chose. In fact it was only yesterday that he was pulling me away from the dance studio while I was in the middle of a routine. He then forced me to stay on the couch and watch this movie he had bought that day. But halfway through it, soft snoring could be heard above the actor's voice.
 
I glanced back at the sleeping boy and softened as I stared at his face. I placed my finger between his two furred eye brows and watched as they relaxed, before tracing my finger down to his lips. 
 
I chuckled at the facial expressions he was making every time I applied pressure to one part of his skin. A small smirk grew on my face as a light bulb went off in my head. With a mischievous grin I scrambled up into my room and grabbed a black marker.
 
In a flash, I appeared beside him marker in hand with an evil smile plastered on my face. I brought my hand closer to his face and started to scribble all over his porcelain skin. 
 
I stepped back with a proud smile and whipped out my phone, quickly snapping a few pictures before he could awake. I then placed the device back in my pocket and carefully settled back down in his arms. 
 
---
 
Dongwoo POV
 
"This is gold!" 
 
"Falling asleep on a date, not acceptable."
 
"I thought I taught him better."
 
"Good Job Sojin~"
 
A soft groan left my lips as the loud voices of the boys rung in the air. "Will you guys shut up!" I yelled, annoyed with the fact that my beauty sleep got disturbed. When I got no response, I opened my eyes just to met with the mischievous gazes of the boys. 
 
"What?" I asked and abruptly sat up. I glanced at their faces as they tried hard to contain their laughter. "Is there a problem?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at their suspicious behavior. 
 
Sungyeol suddenly burst into laughter "Yeah there's a problem with our face!" I frowned at his comment "Well that's not a nice thing to say..." I pouted. "No I'm being serious."
 
I shot the younger boy a look "I know I'm not the best looking boy, but I don't need it to be pointed out." Myungsoo rolled his eyes at me and pulled out a mirror. I glanced at my self and my eyes immediately grew wide. 
 
"Was it really necessary to use my face as paper?" I yelled frustrated at their actions. My fingers traced over the thick black mustache that was so carefully, yet so childishly drawn on my face. 
 
I averted my eyes over the boys and glared at them. At least this time they had the decency to not change the look of my eyebrows and cheeks by covering them with feathers and glitter. This person's work of art was very neatly done and so carefully placed above my lips. 
 
"Ok jokes over, who did it?" I asked curiosity getting the best of me. All of their arms pointed in the same direction behind me as they beamed innocently. 
 
I snapped my head around and stared at the girl who was sitting cross legged on the couch with her arms folded over her chest. I gulped under her intense gaze, "Jagiya~ why are you all the way over there?" 
 
She scoffed a reply "You know why." She paused and rolled her eyes "Oh wait, no you won't. You were too busy sleeping to pay any attention to me." She made slow yet menacing steps towards me. My eyes grew more wider than what they were already. 
 
"I-I.." She held her finger up to my lips and bent down to my ear. "Payback." She giggled and ran out the door. I sat there too shocked to comprehend what had happened. 
 
"I'm off to work now! Bye Guys~" 
 
"And you just got burned." Woohyun sang causing the others to snicker in agreement. I ignored their remarks quickly ran toward the door which she just walked out of. 
 
"I'll make it up to you! Just wait, I'll send you to work." I exclaimed and raced to grab my shoes. Hoya leaned against the doorframe and watched in amusement, "You can't go out looking like that Hyung." 
 
I mentally cursed at the additional facial hair I had received but none the less, pushed passed him. 
 
"Oh just watch me." And with that I ran off after her. 
 
---
 
Sojin POV
 
"I can't believe you actually dropped me off looking like that." I exclaimed pointing to his face. "I'll do anything for you Jagiya~" he cooed ignoring the questioning gazes of everyone on the street. 
 
I cringed at all the attention we were receiving and desperately tried to pry his arm off mine. "I can walk from here." I said trying to shoo him away. He pouted a little causing my heart to melt but none the less complied with my wishes and his heel, walking back down the lonely side walk.
 
I grinned in victory and proceeded towards the small café. 
 
"Good Afternoon Ahjumma!" I greeted as I pulled my hair up into a bun and adjusted the apron around my waist. I then settled down in my place behind the counter, waiting for a costumer to approach me. 
 
 
 
"Have a good day!" I chimed as I passed 2 cups of caramel lattes to the young girl in front of me. I let out a breath as I wiped the sweat off my brow. I glanced at the silver watch hanging from my wrist and a feeling of relief ran through my body. 
 
"5 more minutes." I whispered to myself. With that thought in mind I wiped down my area with a wide smile plastered on my face at the thought of returning back to the comforts of my home. 
 
Just when I was about to hang my apron back onto its respective hook, two feet came into view, stopping in front of the counter. I slowly glanced up and found two dark brown eyes piercing into mine sending chills down my spine.
 
Despite the intimidating aura that was coming off the man, I quickly wiped the tired expression off my face and replaced it with one of a energized barista. "Hi, Welcome to the sunshine bakery. How may I help you?" 
 
With no hesitation the man quietly muttered under his breath. "Just a strawberry milkshake with exactly three and a half table spoons of caramel. And topped with half of a chopped up banana with twelve peanuts sitting on top." I nodded and rushed to make the order mentally scowling at the idea of a make your own milkshake option on the menu. 
 
"Oppa~ I want to make a strawberry milkshake with caramel." 
 
"But I want a milkshake with banana and peanuts..."
 
"I know! We can combine our flavors to create a more tastier drink!"
 
I grimaced at the memory and quickly mixed together the different snacks, creating the unique yet familiar drink. 
 
"That would be 5000 won." (approx. US$4.70) The man stiffly reached into the pocket of his black leather jacket and pulled out the exact amount. I slightly leaned over the bench and held out my hand. When he reached out to hand my the coins, I couldn't help but notice the neatly crafted string which was tied around his wrist.
 
I tilted my head trying to recall where I saw the accessory before. But to my luck, I wasn't able to find any connections with any of the people I have encountered within the past few days. 
 
I stared at the woven colored string for a while earning a confused stare from the man. "Umm..." I quickly snapped back got my sense at the sound of the man's impatient voice and took the money from his hand placing in the cash register before handing him his order. 
 
I watched as the man left with not only the rare milkshake that only once have I heard one someone order, but also with the bracelet I so vaguely remember. The scene of me bumping into that figure a few days ago kept replaying in my head as though it were a broken tape. 
 
Shaking my head clear of these thoughts, I quickly cleared my area and raced out the door, frantically trying to search for the man. I kept getting this feeling in my gut that this man that keeps appearing in my life will become something more than just a stranger.
 
Is it safe to say that I feel as though I know him? That he was once a part of my life? Everything he does brings me a feeling of déjà vu. The bracelet. The milkshake. Its ironic how those small yet meaningful things have such a big impact on me. 
 
But then again it is me, Lee Sojin, that you're talking about. With a small chuckle I glanced down the street with the warm rays of sunlight flashing against my skin.The faint sound of the crickets buzzing around in the summer air rung in my ears as I set off on the journey back to where my heart was;
 
Home.
 
---
 
A/N:
 
Sorry, the ending was kind of dramatic. But it's not my fault I was reading a depressing fan fiction and felt the sudden urge to write something really dramatic and sad. But since this fan fiction is at its happy stage, I couldn't just write something sad all so suddenly. So the ending was the unfortunate thing that fell victim to my depressing feelings. (How awkward would it be if you guys thought it wasn't even dramatic one bit...haha *quickly runs away*) 
 
Aside from that...
 
I want to give a shout out to all my subscribers. Thank you to those that comment and those handful of people who up voted my story! 
 
SARANGHAEYO ~ *throws nam grease hearts*