Is this love?

Never stopped loving you

 

 
Sojin POV
 
I heard a loud bang and everything around me started to light up in different colors as people started to gossip. I looked up and gasped. Because there written in the sky were the words: 
 
I love you Sojin~ Will you be mine? <3
 
My eyes scanned the crowd for that one person. I searched with high hopes that he would be standing there with his arms wide ready for me to jump in them. But much to my dismay, he wasn't anywhere in sight. My shoulders slumped in disappointment as my feet slowly shuffled away from the crowd of envious girls. 
 
I mentally scolded myself for my stupidity. I'm not the only person in Korea named Sojin. And she was just lucky enough to have someone confess to her. I continued to push through the clump of people to the secluded place in the park where I was supposed to meet Dongwoo. 
 
Although I'm happy that I'm going to spend the rest of the night with him, I just can't ignore the heaviness in my heart. I can't help but feel crestfallen. I was over joyed when I saw what was written in the sky a few minutes ago. But now I my hopes of Dongwoo feeling the same way about me has been crushed. Is this what love feels like? Am I in love? 
 
Dongwoo POV
 
After I bought our drinks I started to head back towards the grass patch where Sojin was last, when something caught my eye. A little store, that was decorated with streamers and colored lights, sold every toy you could think of. I suppose just a little look won't hurt, right? 
 
My eyes sparkled in delight at the sight in front of me. The doraemon that I've been looking for in ages was right in front of me. Once I get this my collection will be complete! 
 
"How much is that one?" I asked pointing to the one wearing a monkey suit. "Ahh! That one is a special one that normally costs $70, but since you're a handsome young lad I'll charge you $60." The old lady bargained. My jaw dropped at the price, "What?!? Come on, that is at least $30" I reasoned "look at it, the bell is missing" I cried pointing at the small collar of the little plush toy. 
 
"Now that you mention it.... I'll lower the price to $55" she said. My shoulders slumped "You've got to be kidding me. I say $30 or nothing..." I smirked as I slid $30 across the table. "Nothing it is..." She stated pushing the money back. 
 
After a while of arguing, I finally got my way. I gave her the money and snatched the doll out of her hands "nice doing business with you!" I huffed before and hurrying away. 
 
 
So far the day was going great. I was able to spend time with Sojin and now I have the last plushie to complete my collection. However even with the happiness of the past couple hours I couldn't push away the sudden feeling that I forgot something. Something important. I scratched my head and tried to rake my brain of something that might help me remember. I glanced at the time on my phone when Hoya's words started to ring in my head. 
 
"She's gonna have a Blast!" 
 
"She's gonna have a Blast!" 
 
"She's gonna have a Blast!" 
 
Blast... Blast... Blast...!!!
 
And then it finally hit me. The fireworks. Sojin. The Confession. It's all coming back.
I frantically searched around ignoring the fact that the light show has already started. I ran everywhere trying to find her in time so everything will go to plan. A hushed silence fell upon everyone and all you could hear were people whispering to each other. Confused, I looked up only to regret it shortly after. My running came to a halt as I dreaded what was shown in the sky. Now everything is ruined. Me and my idiotic self just totally stuffed up my plan of a romantic evening. 
 
"Are you happy now?" I asked the monkey doraemon that was smiling evilly at me. I huffed and stuffed it into my pocket, forcing myself to believe that it was cursed. 
 
When I caught up with Sojin, I couldn't look at her as her big brown eyes only acted as a reminder to my failure. 
I slurped on the straw to my smoothie and felt the coldness rush down my throat. "I'm kind of tired... Want to go back now?" She suggested as she swirled her drink around with her straw. I slightly nodded hoping that she wouldn't be able to see my colored cheeks. 
 
The walk home was awkward. Every time I would start a conversation she would either start drinking her smoothie, hum a song or do something that would drown out my stuttering voice. I was kind of grateful at first as it gave me more time to gather up the strength to talk. But after a while of the same thing, I gave up and enjoyed the moment silence. 
 
Sojin POV
 
I took in a sharp breath as I watched the very few cars that lingered along the street. The night was peaceful unlike the events that occurred earlier. The crickets were out and buzzing over the sound of the rustling leaves. The stars were out and twinkling but were out shone by the several street lights that illuminated the pathway. It may not have seemed like an exciting picturesque to many but to me it was perfect. The problem about people these days is that they don't appreciate what they have in front of them. That's why my mom always told me to 'Appreciate what you have before it becomes what you had' She was a women with wise words and it saddens me that she isn't here to be able to share this beautiful night with me. 
 
While I was too busy being engrossed by the scenery, I failed to realize that there was a crack in the concrete before it was too late and I already made contact with the ground. A small yelp escaped my lips which was loud enough for Dongwoo to hear. He immediately rushed to my side his faced flashed with worry. I softly chuckled at his expression "it's only a small cut" I said as I examined the graze that was now dripping with blood. "Tsk...tsk clumsy girl" he said wagging his finger causing me to pout. 
 
"Get on" he said crouching down. I stared at his back and hesitated "but-" "No buts!" He firmly said as he waited for me to climb on. Heaving a sigh I gently clung onto his neck being sure not to apply too much weight on his back. The cut wasn't even big, I don't understand why he was being like this. "You should hang on to me tighter unless you want to fall over again" he advised. I raised my eyebrow but made no attempt to wrap my arms around his neck tighter than what it was. 
 
"Don't say I didn't warn you" before I could even reply he set off running down the empty street. I quickly squeezed my arms closer to him and buried my head into his collar. The cold air was piercing through my skin sending a small shiver down my spine. I was having a constant battle with my hair as I tried to keep it from flying everywhere. 
 
When I felt him slow down I slowly opened my eyes and let out a small breath. He carefully set me down on the step as he dug his pockets for the house key. After he unlocked the door he turned to me, flashing his trademark smile at me. I stared at him and noticed how his smile seemed forced and his eyes were missing the usual sparkle. Something happened and it must've been something important for him to be like this. 
 
His smile soon started to fade as he reached out and tucked a stray strand of my hair behind my ear. He started to lean closer to me. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks as he whispered "it's not nice to stare" he softly chuckled at my expression as I just stood there dumbfounded. He spun around and opened the door, holding it open for me. 
 
I plonked myself on the couch and let out an exhausted breath. I closed my eyes and let my thoughts wander to the days events; the roller coaster ride, the headbands, watching the stars. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. My thoughts suddenly changed from the great times into something that made me cringe. The fireworks. 
 
As stupid as it sounds, I can't help but feel frustrated at Dongwoo and myself. If only I hadn't let him in easily then I wouldn't have fallen in love with him. And if I didn't fall in love with him, then I wouldn't be feeling as disappointed as I am now. 
 
And if Dongwoo likes me he should tell me and not leave me hanging as what he's doing now.  He confuses me. The actions he does suggests that he feels the same way about me, but time tells otherwise. It's been a while since he has started to show affection around me and I can't help but feel puzzled. Is he in love or is this how he acts around all the other girls. 
 
"Argh! This is confusing!" I huffed as I messed up my hair. 
 
Dongwoo POV
 
"Argh! This is confusing!" She complained. "What's confusing?" I asked taking a seat next to her. Her eyes shot open and she looked at me with a surprised look. 
"A-ah n-nothing" she stuttered. I raised eyebrow giving her an oh-really look, but decided not to ask anymore. "The boys should be back soon..." I commented glancing up at the ticking clock. "No wonder it was quiet around here. Where did they go?" She questioned. I gulped. Damn my big mouth, think Dongwoo, think. 
 
"T-they went to get...ummm...tablets?" I said unsure. She looked at me with concern "Is everything alright? Why do they need tablets?" God, I so did not think this one through. I'm a terrible liar which made everything worse. My palms started to grow sweaty as my face turned red "They went to by C-Constipation t-tablets!" I mentally face palmed for my poor excuse. "For who?" She asked turning on the T.V. "Ummm... it's for S-Sung...S-Sungyeol. He's ummm C-Constipated. It's very bad." I lied trying to hold in my laughter. I just hope Sungyeol doesn't kill me later. 
 
While we were watching the latest Music bank, I reached into my pockets and pulled out a small bandaid. "Give me your leg" I said catching Sojin by surprise. "What?" "I said give me your leg" she looked at me with a confused expression "but why-" I cut her short by grabbing her leg and setting in on my lap. I peeled of the wrapper and carefully placed the bandaid on her wound. Smiling in satisfaction I lowered her leg back down and continued watching the show.
 
Every now and then I would glance back at Sojin and find her happily bobbing her head to the beat of the music. My heart warmed at the sight of her enjoying herself. It made me feel at ease knowing that she was happy. A comfortable silence fell upon us, all that was heard was the music from the T.V. But I kind of liked to that way. As long as I'm with Sojin, that's all that matters. 
 
However our peace was soon disturbed when a certain rowdy group of boys returned home. Panicking I jumped out of my seat but was too late seeing as they had already entered the living room. "Hey! Did you two have fun?" Woohyun wiggled his eyebrows at us. "Don't worry Sojin, if Dongwoo hurts you tell us and we will beat him up!" Hoya offered, his hands turning to fists as he made a punching motion. My eyes widened, not because of the beating me up part, but because I forgot that the guys had no idea that the plan didn't work. 
 
I shook my frantically shook head and waved my hands around trying to get their attention. "It's official! Noona and Hyung are togeth-mmf" I clamped my hand over Sungjong's mouth and smiled sheepishly. "What are you talking about?" I asked through clenched teeth sending a glare towards the 5 oblivious men. Before the topic could escalate Sojin, who was listening this whole time, spoke up. "Sungyeol are you feeling ok? If the tablets don't work drink Ginseng tea. My mom said it always helped." She smiled as she placed her hand on the bewildered boy's arm. 
 
Crap, I forgot about that. I let go of Sungjong and made my way over to the two. "Yeah ginseng tea always helps cure constipation." I stated innocently trying to send him a signal with my eyes. "I don't have Constipation..." He said in plain tone. "But Dongwoo said-"  "Alright guys! Off to bed its been a long day. Get some sleep!" Sunggyu, who seemed to have noticed the tension, ordered ushering everyone out of the room. Once he was sure Sojin was out of ear shot he turned back to me "I think we all deserve an explanation in the morning" he crossed his arms before turning on his heel. 
 
Tomorrow is going to be a long day.
 
---
 
 
I'm such a bad author. I build it up so our dinosaur can confess, but something always gets in the way...
 
I tried to update on Infinite's 3 year anniversary, but I got caught up staring at Sungjongies *cough* pants *cough* 
Anyway, I have good news!! In 3 days I'm going on School holidays. Which means no more torturous school work for 3 weeks!!! And you know what that means... MORE UPDATES!!! So Dongwoo and Sojin can finally get somewhere in their love life >.< 
 
*sigh* you're talking to yourself again Michelle... They won't reply... *sigh*
 
I would really appreciate feedback (and don't worry about trying to be nice, I know how much this story ...) But I promise you, it will get more interesting!!
 
OMG EXO HAD THEIR FIRST WIN THE OTHER DAY!!!! MY SUHO STARTED CRYING *wipes tear*
 
OMO 0.0 Infinite is having their first world tour!! Who's going?? If anyone is, can I hide in your suitcase??
 
 
But they ain't coming to my country
 
 
 
 
 
(Pictures not mine, credits to owner)