When Dreams Come True Part 2

Never stopped loving you

 

A/N: Alert! This is a double update. So please read the previous chapter before this one ^_^ ENJOY!

 

 

No Ones POV
 
"1,2,3... INFINITE!!!" loud voices erupted in the room as the group of over joyed boys threw our hands up in the air. All of them had the same proud smile that seemed like it was permanently stuck on their face. 
 
Music blasted through the room as the boys celebrated their first ever win. The shock of winning was still running through their system. However the feeling soon subsided and turned into a feeling of excitement and pure happiness. But for one boy the feeling of happiness wasn't as dominant as the others. He still felt incomplete without having heard the voice of the girl he loves. He couldn't take it anymore. 
So with a sigh he picked up his phone and dialed the familiar number again for the 11th time that night. 
 
Dongwoo groaned as he heard the same voicemail play through the speakers of his phone. He quickly hung up and pressed the redial button, completely oblivious to the ringing phone that was sitting on the table on the other side of the room. 
 
Curiosity got the better of Sungyeol, who was on his way out the door, when he walked past the table that very phone was sitting at. Making sure that no one was looking he picked up the phone and stared at the screen in shock. 
 
"Sungyeol what are you doin-" "AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" http://youtu.be/tpqwDGUewxE (A/N: Kind of like this.... Oh our adorable Yeol
 
Woohyun was cut off by a screaming Sungyeol whose eyes were doubled in size as he stared at the phone as though it was the most fascinating thing ever. "Ok..." Woohyun quietly backed away, escaping back to the group of boys huddled in the corner of the room. 
 
Sungyeol glanced at the love sick boy then back at the phone, then slowly he shifted his gaze to the door which had just opened to reveal a surprised silver medalist. And as if on que they both started screaming. One scream being high pitched while the other being low pitched. The high pitched one of course belonged to the tall boy.
 
The mysterious dancer stared wide eyed at the choding before quickly dashing over to his side and grabbing the device out of his hands. Sungyeol bent down a little and scrutinized their face before letting out a shaky whisper "S-Sojin?" She pulled down her mask and gave him a small smile before pulling it back on to hide her face. Before he could start screaming again she lifted her finger to her lips and made the motion of keeping quiet. 
 
He slowly nodded stunned, before quickly running back to the others. "What was that about?" Sunggyu's asked eyeing the shocked boy suspiciously. Sungyeol opened his mouth to reply but nothing came out so he just shrugged and grabbed a drink to try calm himself down. 
 
Myungsoo glanced between the fidgeting boy and the other contestant. His attention then landed on the frustrated Dongwoo who was staring at his phone as though it would suddenly start ringing.
 
It wasn't long before it all clicked. With a grin he strode over to the girl and pulled her out of the room. "Sojin Noona...I know it's you~" he sang reaching over to pull down her mask. Her eyes went wide and almost immediately she questioned the younger boy. "H-how did you know?" A small smirk formed on his pink lips "didn't I ever tell you that I was the observant one?" 
 
"But don't worry, I won't say anything." He reassured turning to walk back in. He placed his hand on the handle and paused "Oh and nice dancing." And with that the door slammed shut behind him. 
 
"Hey Dongwoo Hyung is your girlfriend coming to celebrate with us? It would be nice if she could come..." Hoya said, "oh and maybe we could invite that number 14 or whatever it was." He muttered. "Yeah, I'll go call her now." He answered pressing the rather over used redial button. He was just about to hang up after the 10th ring when he heard a small 'hello' on the other end of the line.
 
"Sojin?" He called, not believing that he finally got through. "The one and only" she giggled  as she walked through the door of the waiting room. Everyone's head snapped around to the direction of the voice. There was nothing but silence in the room as they all stared at her with wide eyes. 
 
Dongwoo looked at his phone then at Sojin before dropping the device in shock. The silence was soon broken as a series of screams filled the small waiting room. When all the noise died down Dongwoo spoke up, "What are you doing dressed up in that weird costume?" He asked raising his eyebrow at the girl's choice of attire. 
 
The rest of infinite rolled their eyes at his unbelievable behavior as Hoya went up and hit the back of his head. Woohyun walked up to her and pulled out his hand with a cheeky grin "it's nice to meet you NUMBER 14!” He said putting an emphasis on the last two words. Sojin gave him a smile and quickly shook his hand.
 
"Wait so you're telling me that you were number 14!" Dongwoo shouted in disbelief.
 
---
 
Dongwoo POV
 
"Noona, why didn't you tell us you could dance..?" Sungjong wondered as he handed her a drink. "Well you never asked." She simply replied. I scowled as I watched them all bombard her with questions. No matter how hard I tried to get a word in they would always cut me off and shove me aside. 
 
"Sojin-" "So where did you learn to dance?" Hoya asked. "Oh I never had a teacher. I just let the music control me." She humbly replied. I clenched my fists in anger as she continued to laugh and joke around with the boys. They just don't realize what I'm trying to do. 
 
Getting frustrated I pushed the younger boy out of the way and grabbed her hand, pulling her out of the room. I ignored all the questioning stares of the others as I slammed the door behind me. "What are you doing?" I whipped my head around to Sojin but remained quiet. The anger and frustration inside me was so big that I might scream at her if I wasn't careful. I didn't want to make her frightened and remind her of her past. I would never want to bring her back to that misery.
 
We climbed a few stairs before we arrived at a door. Without further a do, I pushed it open and pulled her with me. I stared out at the busy city below me as the rain poured down on us. I reluctantly let go of her hands and walked towards the edge. I leant on the hand rail and let the sounds of the bustling traffic ring through my ears. 
 
"Ummm...Dongwoo?" Sojin asked causing me to remember why I came here. At that moment all the doubts and fury I had felt over time came rushing back. I clenched my fists and faced her. My knuckles started to turn white as I squeezed my palms tight. "Dongwoo...are you-" "No, listen to me." I replied cutting her off.
 
I took in a deep breath and started to let my emotions get the better of me. "I've tried. I've tried so hard to keep it together. To try and let you know. I've tried and now I'm tired. I'm tired of watching how everyone can be so comfortable around you. How they can talk to you and hug you." "What are you-" I put up my hand stopping her before continuing. 
 
"Do you know how it feels to watch from the side lines while you're oblivious to my feelings? Somehow my efforts always go to waste. It's as though god doesn't want us together. I waited and waited, I tried to be patient so that I could work on making it memorable. But as time went by I realized as long as the result of what I was going to say is how I want it to go, then it would be memorable enough for not just me but the both of us." I paused slowly taking steps towards her.
 
"You don't know how much I've wanted to hold you. To be the reason that your heart beats. To tell you that I care for you. And now I'm here totally going against my wishes of making this spectacular and instead lashing out at you like this." My voice came out more fiercer than what I had expected but I continued. 
 
"Sojin you may not know this but every single time a tear falls from your eyes it creates a small crack in my heart. I never want you to feel sad or broken anymore, because I believe that I can fix you. Not that you need fixing anymore since you are the living definition of perfection. But I can fix you so you can smile, so you can laugh and be free of the dark shadows that take control of your life." I grabbed her hand while the other one caressed her soft, now pink, cheeks. 
 
The rain kept pelting down on us but that didn't matter at the moment. I would rather get sick than to not get this off my chest. I brought her hand over to my chest "Do you feel that beating? Sojin believe it or not, but that is what you have caused my heart to do. You are the one that makes me get up in the morning. You are more important than what you think. Because without you I wouldn't know what the world would come to. I wouldn't know how to survive without the only source of happiness in my life."
 
A small smile grew on my lips as the anger subsided. "My life isn't worth yours. But I'm fortunate enough to know someone like you." I smiled as I remembered my dream-turned-nightmare. "Lee Sojin, I love you. I love you. I love you."
 
"I...love you too." My heart fluttered in happiness at what I heard. I stared into her eyes and found that they, for the first time, were sparkling in pure joy. They no longer had that small dull glint which held back all of her genuine feelings.
 
"You know.." She began "I've been waiting for you to say that. You just don't know how much you have effected my life. Without you I wouldn't be here. I live for you, the one I love." I couldn't stop the ends of my lips from turning upward into a smile when I heard this.
 
"Sojin...when I first met you I knew you were the one. I just knew. I knew you were perfect for me even though you are imperfect. Your flaws are what make you, you. The way you frown when you don't understand a Math question. The way you groan every time someone suggest to play sport. How you hate doing homework, yet still try your hardest. Sojin you are the most perfect person for me. Please promise me you won't ever forget that. That you won't ever doubt my undying love for you." 
 
She slowly nodded unable to wipe the smile off her face. I slowly leaned in, closing the gap between us.
 
Our lips touched and it felt like a whole burden was lifted off my shoulders. I know she loves me and that's all that matters. My stomach was doing flips while my heart kept pounding against my ribs. The rain was trickling down our faces, but I didn't mind. I have Sojin and that's all I will ever care about for the rest of my life. 
 
Her lips were soft and plump and felt like they were meant for mine. I just knew that this moment couldn't have been better despite my angry confession. I pulled back and rested my forehead against hers. 
 
"I love you. Will you be mine?" I whispered. She gave me a small nod, too shy to say anything at the moment. I took a step back and reluctantly released her hand from mine. 
 
"I LOVE YOU LEE SOJIN! ALWAYS AND FOREVER!" I shouted waving my arms around. And just at that moment I heard a series of claps and yells coming from the direction of the door. 
 
"Yeah! Finally!" "Took them long enough..." "OUCH! Watch it." "YAH! Be quiet they might find out we're here." "Yeah who knows what he might do..."
 
Sojin and I both gave each other a known look before we advanced towards the door hand in hand. I gave her a mischievous smirk before I pulled open the door. And as if on que, 6 familiar boys fell at our feet due to the sudden loss of the door. "Who knows what who would do?" I asked teasing them. 
 
"Oh hey Hyung. You look nice and... wet. Oh and I see that you've got yourself a girl." Sungyeol nervously stated trying hard not to falter under my intense glare. I shook my head at their behavior and turned back to Sojin, who was trying her best not to burst out laughing. 
 
"How about we leave these idiots and go wash up...if you know what I mean." I wiggled my eyebrows as I watched her face flush red in embarrassment. "YAH!" She playfully shoved my arm, bursting into a fit of laughter.
 
I smiled and felt myself calm down at the site of her laughing and being herself. I could tell that she didn't feel as burdened as she did before. And I was glad. Whatever happens in the future won't matter now that we have each other. 
 
"What? I was being serious..." I mumbled before pulling her close and wrapping my arms around her waist. Nothing could ruin this moment...ever. 
 
---
 
A/N:
 
HI! 
I deeply apologize. I didn't update in over 2 months and I feel so guilty.
But I would like to thank all of you who have stayed by me. I love you all!
 
I guess it's a first for everything, the previous chapter felt like it just dragged on so I apologize if I lost some of you along the way. It was 5,316 words so I wouldn't blame you. And I did the first ever double update to make up for those 2 months. 
 
On another note... DONGWOO HAS FINALLY CONFESSED~ 
That's another reason as to why I didn't update...it's because these two chapter are some of the most important of the whole story. So I wanted to make sure they were absolutely perfect!
 
But anyhow I would just like to say another BIG THANKYOU!!!
And please comment and subscribe >.<