Chapter 44

Never stopped loving you

Important A/N at the end 



Dongwoo POV

 

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel across the lower half of my body while I walked towards the basin.

 

Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I slowly traced a finger under my eyes, scrutinizing the predominant bags that had formed over the past week.

Every time I closed my eyes the image of shouting the same line, kept replaying in my head.

 

"I don't trust you!"

 

I placed my hand on the part of my chest where she shoved me.

 

She doesn't trust me. My baby doesn't trust me.

 

The way she looked at me, her eyes filled with emptiness. Yet they were able to glare at me with so much hatred.

 

Her words were cold and fierce, but the tone in her voice was one I had only heard once. 

 

3 days ago when she was talking to Kris.

 

Just what was going on?

 

The scene would constantly keep replaying in my head and the only question in my mind was,

Was I inconsiderate?

 

Sojin was a stubborn person, but was selfless at heart. She would feel as though she were a burden by sharing her pain...or letting me in.

However, Sojin didn't realize that by shutting me out, she's laying an even bigger burden on my heart.

 

I couldn't leave her to dwell in her fears.

I couldn't leave her to fight her battles alone.

I can't just watch her turn back into the person she was.

 

Sojin was someone who thought she had to be made of steel to spare the people around her pain.

 

But she wasn't made of steel.

 

She was lost.

 

Afraid.

 

Broken.

 

If I leave her in the state she is in, she'll only break even more.

 

Lee Sojin is not the person she was when I first met her.

 

Yet something was changing her back.

 

Who are you Kris?

 

 

No Ones POV

 

Sojin sat up with a groan as she turned off her alarm and threw her phone across the room. She raised her hand to her hair and ruffled it while the other rubbed her eye tiredly.

 

Turning her head to the side, her eyes zeroed down on the purple wall clock that hung above her desk.

 

10:00

 

Deciding that she should get a start on brunch for the boys, Sojin threw the covers off her and clambered out of the comfort of her bed. She put on the first jumper she saw and tied up her hair, before walking downstairs towards the kitchen.

 

Stifling a yawn, she peered into the fridge and pulled out some bacon and eggs. Settling them on the bench, Sojin started to make some coffee, deciding that if she were going to put up with the loud chatter of her 7 house mates that she would benefit with the presence of caffeine in her system.

 

However, it was only after the water had finished boiling, and she had started to fry the bacon that the young brunette realized her ears were yet to receive their daily ambush of complaints.

Confused, Sojin turned off the stove and wondered back upstairs. The floor boards were cold against her feet, but the air was warm.

 

She opened every door, but was met with the same thing, nothing.

 

Thinking they would have texted her about their whereabouts, Sojin turned towards her room and swung open the door. Only to close it a few second later after remembering that she had thrown her phone somewhere and couldn’t be bothered finding it.

 

Heaving a sigh she wondered back down stairs, convincing herself that some alone time could do her some good.

 

However, her hopes of a peaceful day vanished as soon as she saw the head of someone sitting on the couch in the living room.

 

“So much for some alone time.” She muttered to herself before steering her body in their direction.

 

A small gasp left when she caught sight of their face.

 

Dongwoo.

 

Looks like I’m going to be repairing this relationship sooner than I thought.

 

She cleared softly, gaining the latter’s attention.

 

"Hi." She said slowly.

 

Dongwoo scanned her up and down, surprised that she had approached him. He had convinced himself that he would have to make the first move, considering the fact that she had opted to push him away instead of letting him in. He was so sure he was going to have to resort to chaining her to a chair in a locked room, before she would listen.

 

But seeing her take that first step warmed his heart.

 

Especially when she was wearing one of his jumpers.

 

Cute.

 

"Where are the others?"

 

"Out"

 

Dongwoo had a hard time reasoning with the boys to give them some privacy for the day, and had to result in bribing the rowdy teens.

An empty wallet and a few hours later, Dongwoo was hoping it would finally pay off.

 

A pregnant silence hung in the air, the tension looming over the pair. Countless thoughts swirled in Sojin’s head causing the words she had prepared to say to get stuck in . Her heart pounded in her ears as she clenched her sweaty hands.

 

Sojin cautiously took a seat beside him and angled her body so that she was facing him fully.

 

He deserves this.

 

She repeated in her head over and over.

 

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, clearing her mind.

 

“I feel scared.” She breathed. “I don’t want anything to happen.”

 

Sojin paused; she had never opened up to anyone about her feelings before. Sure she said ‘I love you’ to Dongwoo on various occasions and told him how he made her feel. But it was never about the dark feelings, the icky ones. The ones that make Sojin’s blood boil and her eyes to glaze over in coldness. Things that made her feel weak and vulnerable.

 

Dongwoo turned his head around and placed his hand on her knee as she took a shuddered breath.

 

“I don’t want things to change. I’m happy and carefree for the first time in ages. And I don’t want that to change.” Her voice wavered and she averted his gaze.

 

Sojin thought that if she didn’t verbalize it, that her fears wouldn’t come true.

Now that she said it, she felt the fear start to seep back in. And she started to regret her decision.

Her shoulders were hung low as she could feel the uncertainty of his response seep in.

 

She knew he had every right to yell and scream in frustration. To demand answers, ones she wasn’t ready to share.

Just as her mind started to dwell on the ‘what ifs’, she reminded herself of what she was certain of.

 

He loved her.

 

Dongwoo’s thumb started to gently her thigh leaving a tingling sensation behind. Sojin’s eyes met his and she caught site of the love that glistened from them.

 

She felt loved.

 

That was all she needed.

 

She didn’t need to feel scared or weak.

 

She just needed to feel loved.

 

“It won’t change. You deserve happiness and nothing will take that away.” He whispered soothingly.

 

“But with everything that is going on, I just can’t be so certain.” She lowered her gaze and felt her heart skip as endless possibilities of the future started to play in her head.

 

“Hey, hey” He pulled her chin so she was facing him, “No one is certain. Ever. About anything.”

 

He then grasped her hand and placed it on his chest, “But I’m definitely certain about this.”

 

Sojin felt his heart thump against the palm of her hand and immediately, her mind was washed of those thoughts she had.

 

“I love you, isn’t that all that matters?” He asked.

 

He hated seeing her like that. He hated seeing her shoulders slumped and her head hung low. She looked so small, and he hated it. She wasn’t small, she wasn’t weak.

She was one of the strongest women he knows and he felt blessed knowing that she was his.

 

“I’m sorry Oppa.”

 

She felt guilt rise in her stomach.

 

He cared for her so much and she failed to see that.

Instead she pushed him away when she needed him most.

 

And she hated herself for that.

 

It was silent for a while, leaving Sojin to nervously fiddle with her finger.

 

“Nice jumper by the way.”

 

She felt a blush crawling to her cheeks as she quickly glaned the jumper she was wearing. And true enough she was wearing his favorite hoodie that she would sleep in from time to time.

 

 

“Oppa, was it necessary to do that?” She whined as she stared down at her now wet jacket.

 

The said boy had offered to assist his girlfriend in doing the dishes. Sojin was delighted at the idea of having an extra pair of hands that she said yes within seconds.

 

Only to regret it a few minutes later when he had splashed some dirty dish water on her.

 

“Now I need to get changed. Do you realize how much effort it takes to walk up those stairs?” Sojin complained annoyed at the thought. She was hoping that with the extra help, she would have finished the chore faster so she would have more time in the dance studio.

 

 “You’re so childish.” She pouted and turned her back to him and continued with washing the dishes, trying to ignore the uncomfortable feeling of the wet material sticking to her skin.

 

She heard some rustling behind her, but ignored it, still annoyed at the boy.

Her pout however, turned into an ‘o’ shaped mouth when she felt him gently tug her wet jacket off, and replaced it with the hoodie he was wearing.

 

She felt her cheeks start to burn and the butterflies in her stomach start to swirl around when she inhaled his scent. The hoodie was still warm and caused her heart to skip beats.

 

 “Don’t be mistaken, I just couldn’t stand your whining.” He cleared his throat and turned his head in the other direction, slightly embarrassed.

 

She felt her lips curl upwards in a smile as she stared at her boyfriend.

 

Leaning over, she pressed her lips softly on his cheek before turning her attention back towards the dirty stack of dishes.

 

“Sure sure, whatever you say Oppa.”

 

 

Sojin pressed her palms against her burning cheeks in an attempt to regain her normal face color.

Dongwoo stifled a laugh as he forced himself to not coo over her cuteness.

“I’m sorry.”

Dongwoo raised a brow at her and sighed. When would she learn?

“Sojin, I understand why you did what you did,” he started, “but I just hope that you would express your thoughts and feelings more.”

Sojin nodded and shuffled closer to him.

 

“Do you want to know what I’m thinking right now?” She asked earning a sharp nod from the boy.

 

She stared at him, “I have the best boyfriend in the world.” Sojin chimed.

 

Dongwoo smiled widely at this and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

 

 

"Love isn't easy, but if you experience it together, nothing can stand in your way."

 

 

With a small smile she clasped her hand in his and leaned her head on his shoulder.

 

"You know I love you right?"

 

He paused for a second, "Hmmm...I didn't know that."

Sojin moved her head slightly and stared at him in amusement. "Really?"

 

Dongwoo lightly nodded his head, a playful glint evident in his eyes "Maybe you should show me." He wiggled his eyebrows at the blushing girl who slapped his arm in return.

 

Dongwoo's bottom lip stuck out in a small pout as he turned his head down to busy himself by playing with a piece of thread hanging from the hem of his jumper.

 

Sojin smiled brightly at the cuteness of her boyfriend and gave his hand a squeeze.

 

She reached out with her other hand and pulled his chin gently so he was facing her.

His eyes rounded in shock as he was taken off guard by her sudden action.

 

She leaned forward and softly pressed her lips against his, pouring all her feelings into the kiss.

 

She gained confidence when she felt him smile against her lips and s her hand behind his neck, pulling him closer, surprising the both of them.

 

The warmth she felt radiating off him made her feel safe and comfortable. His hand reassuringly worked its way to her waist.

 

Everything was going to be okay.

 

She was sure of it.

 

---

A/N:

I AM SO SORRY! 

I feel horrible about this situation. I am the worst person ever and I know you guys are sick of having me say the same thing at the end of each chapter. You know the usual 'Sorry guys for not updating, i'll do more updates, I promise.' and yada yada yada 

When I first created the forward for this story, I didn't know what I was doing. I had only thought about the story line a few hours before i clicked on the 'create a story' button. I had no idea what will happen, who will be in it or anything.


But then I had ideas fly left, right and centre. And I established the story you know as 'Never Stopped Loving You' (which to this day I don't know why I named it that way)
Anyway, I was really excited for what i had in store and i was really proud of it.

But then after a good 15 chapters I started to hate it. I was too excited about the story that I didn't elaborate on certain aspects of the plot and stuff. And my writing was horrible. It was so bad that i hated it and planned to go back and rewrite it.

But I knew I couldn't do that.

After I realised the story wasn't going how I origanally thought it would, I grew to hate it.

I hated this story. 

And it became more of a chore to update rather than the joy it was in earlier chapters.

During these past 10 months that I haven't updated I kept thinking that I should just stop writing. That i should just quit. Not only was I not enjoying it, but looking at the statistics of how many views each chapter got, I felt unconfident. 

I felt like no one was reading anymore. That no one was enjoying it anymore.

And I knew it was my fault. 

But I don't want to end it because i want to see the rest of the story come to life and I don't want to disappoint to few readers I have.

So I don't know what to do. 

Also, my ipad decided to erase everything. So my story plan and future chapters are gone. (I'm really pissed at it now)

I have other storys I have started to write and 50 storylines I wish to develope. 

But I don't want to put an end to something I worked hard on.

2 years of writing and constant inner battles, has allowed me to produce 44 chapters.

They may not be perfect but I still worked my absolute off for them.

 

Until further notice NSLY is still a work in progress. And I will still kept trying to produce chapters.

It won't be easy but until I decide whether to continue with this then I'll just have to keep writing.

I am terribly sorry. 

Please forgive this troubled, horrible, conflicted author.

 

Thank you